American football thread

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
yettee
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Minoxidil

American football thread

Post by yettee » 9 months ago

Titans are out of control... congrats so far

nameless
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

American football thread

Post by nameless » 9 months ago

yettee wrote: 9 months ago Titans are out of control... congrats so far
The Ravens are a great team But they're also cushy and they came in tonight to do some showboating.

The Titans came in tonight to play tough hard-nosed football and maybe commit a little murder.

Added in 16 minutes 42 seconds:
yettee wrote: 9 months ago Titans are out of control... congrats so far
I get the "so far" part of your message and I agree with you because I also think the Ravens will make some adjustments at the half and come out stronger & tougher. But the Titans aren't going to sit idly by and let the Ravens do whatever they want. The Ravens might end up winning but no matter what, the Titans have come in and showed they aren't the patsys lots of people take them for. And with the game halfway over I still think the Titans will win this game.
Last edited by nameless 9 months ago, edited 2 times in total.

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Norwood: NW3.5
Regimen: Alcohol coping mechanism

American football thread

Post by blackg » 9 months ago

HALFTIME!!

I am totally absorbed by this game as I do my daily workout and I don't want to say anything, anything that will possibly jinx the out come I wish for.

That's it for now.
the road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom (but just say no)

nameless
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

American football thread

blackg wrote: 9 months ago HALFTIME!!

I am totally absorbed by this game as I do my daily workout and I don't want to say anything, anything that will possibly jinx the out come I wish for.

That's it for now.

One thing nobody is considering about the Titans is that they are still evolving as a team. They didn't all get together to form the team that they are until about the 7th or 8th game of the season when Ryan Tannehill took over. And from that point on they began learning to gel. Other teams were learning to gel since the 1st game of the season. People are thinking the Titans are as good as they can be but the Titans are still learning to reach their potential as a team. The Ravens have peaked and they'll be steady where they're at but the Titans are just now reaching their peak.
Last edited by nameless 9 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

American football thread

Holy fuck!! Derrick Henry throws for a TD!!

I don't want to jinx anything, but...

yettee
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

American football thread

ya game is totally over. congrats guys!!

titans: super bowl?

nameless
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

American football thread

blackg wrote: 9 months ago Holy fuck!! Derrick Henry throws for a TD!!

I don't want to jinx anything, but...
If you read back some to my previous posts today you'll see where I posted that whichever team's defense steps-up would win the game.

Added in 2 minutes 49 seconds:
yettee wrote: 9 months ago ya game is totally over. congrats guys!!

I don't think this game is over yet. The Ravens are going to try to claw back into it and there's still a full quarter left. If the Titans defense doesn't keep winning over the Ravens offense then the Ravens could come back. I still like the Titans for this game but the Ravens could come back.
Last edited by nameless 9 months ago, edited 2 times in total.

yettee
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

American football thread

nameless wrote: 9 months ago If you read my previous posts you'll see where I posted that whichever team's defense steps up would win the game.

Added in 2 minutes 49 seconds:

I don't think this game is over yet. The Ravens are going to try to claw back into it and there's still a full quarter left. If the Titans defense doesn't keep winning over the Ravens offense then the Ravens could re-take control of this game. I still like the Titans for this game but the Ravens could come back.
ya, possible, but real nice lead!!

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

American football thread

Not over 'til my girl starts singing.

nameless
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

American football thread

yettee wrote: 9 months ago ya, possible, but real nice lead!!
The Ravens are trying to mount a comeback - they just got a TD.

The score is now 28 to 12.

There's still 11 minutes to go.

The Titans need to score again and eat up a lot of the clock.

The Ravens are still in this fight and if the Titans think they can already go to garbage time they're mistaken.

Added in 10 minutes 55 seconds:
This game is essentially over. There's less than a minute left in the game, the Titans are ahead by 16 points, and the Titans just took over possession.

It'll be official in a minute or two but it's virtually impossible for the Ravens to come back at this point with so little time left.
Last edited by nameless 9 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

American football thread

NAMELESS!!! @nameless are you happy, mate?

If you had've told me 4 weeks ago that the Titans would be playing for the AFC title and a spot in the Super Bowl, I would have thought you'd been smoking too much of that Pacific Northwestern green.

What a game we just witnessed. History happened out there today (Saturday night U.S.)

My first beer tonight will be for the Titans D and for Derrick Henry. And well, maybe one also for that five-foot-eight receiver (Kalif Raymond) who scored the first touchdown on a bomb from Tannehill.
What a pass and catch!

(correction: the bomb from Tannehill to Kalif Raymond was the second touchdown for the Titans)
Last edited by blackg 9 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

nameless
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

American football thread

blackg wrote: 9 months ago NAMELESS!!! @nameless are you happy, mate?

If you had've told me 4 weeks ago that the Titans would be playing for the AFC title and a spot in the Super Bowl, I would have thought you'd been smoking too much of that Pacific Northwestern green.

What a game we just witnessed. History happened out there today (Saturday night U.S.)

My first beer tonight will be for the Titans D and for Derrick Henry. And well, maybe one also for that five-foot-eight receiver who scored the first touchdown on a bomb from Tannehill.
What a pass and catch!
I'm happy as a pig in shit.

That receiver is Kalif Raymond and he shows up when you need him doesn't he?

Next week the Titans will either face Houston or Kansas City. I think Kansas City would be the tougher team to fight because of the colder weather in Kansas City, but if the Titans can beat the Ravens, and they can, then it's possible for them to beat any team. It doesn't mean that they will beat any team; it just means that they can.

Added in 12 hours 50 minutes 24 seconds:
yettee wrote: 9 months ago ya game is totally over. congrats guys!!

The Titans will face the Chiefs or Texans next week in the AFC Championship game.

I think the Chiefs will be the tougher battle because of weather conditions. Arrowhead will be in the 20s and 30s next weekend.

I'm pulling for the Texans over the Chiefs today but it won't be easy for the Texans to find a win in Kansas City today where a big snowstorm is expected.

Go Texans!

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

American football thread

It would be a major upset (even bigger than yesterday) if the Texans get past the Chiefs.

Final score:

CHIEFS 51 TEXANS 31

nameless
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

American football thread

blackg wrote: 9 months ago It would be a major upset (even bigger than yesterday) if the Texans get past the Chiefs.

Final score:

CHIEFS 51 TEXANS 31
If you look over the Chief's 11-man offensive and defensive units it's a lot of 3rd and 4th round draft picks...even some undrafted players. There are a few 1st and 2nd round picks but not a lot. If you look over the Titans roster it's a lot of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks. There are a few undrafted Titans and late round picks on the Titans starting offensive and defensive 11-man rosters but not a bunch.

It looks to me like the Titans have a lot of talent spread over the entire 11-man offensive unit and defensive unit whereas most of the talent on the Chief's roster is concentrated in Mahomes' arm. Other than Mahomes they have one OT who's a first rounder and some 2nd rounders on the D-line. They have one stud in the defensive backfield - Tyrann Mathieu whereas the Titans have Kevin Byard, Kenny Vaccaro, Adoree Jackson, and Logan Ryan all playing very well in the defensive backfield. This is the same kind of situation I see all over both teams - the Titans have a lot of great players all over their roster whereas the Chiefs have a few great players, especially Mahomes, scattered here and there on their roster.
Last edited by nameless 9 months ago, edited 5 times in total.

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

American football thread

The college football national championship game is on tonight.

#1 LSU versus #3 CLEMSON. Clemson are 5.5 underdogs.
Go Clemson!!