American football thread

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
yettee
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Minoxidil

Re: American football thread

Post by yettee » 2 weeks ago

TWO GAME SPECIAL QB PACKAGE:

Seahawks +1.5 @ Eagles. Russell Wilson, in peak form. This is a game he'll want.

Ravens -3 @ Rams. Lamar Jackson, perhaps the greatest pure runner/passer in NFL history? Unstoppable.

nameless
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

Post by nameless » 2 weeks ago

blackg wrote:
2 weeks ago
I hope so. That will get the Titans over .500 and possibly bring on a play-off run.

Go light blue!
Right now it looks like the only starter who might not play is tight end Delanie Walker. All of the other previously injured starters (Jurrell Casey, Jayon Brown, and Corey Davis) look like they're ready to play. Tight ends Jonnu Smith and Anthony Firkser can fill in well enough for Walker in Walker's absence. As a matter of fact of the 4 Titans players who haven't been playing for awhile due to injury, Walker is the 1 with very good backups. The other Titans players who have been out for awhile, Corey Davis, Jayon Brown, and Jurrell Casey, really can't be replaced with the backup players at their positions. So even without Walker, the Titans will basically be fielding their best team.

I'm taking the Titans at home by 10 points.

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by blackg » 2 weeks ago

yettee wrote:
2 weeks ago
Lamer Jackson perhaps the greatest pure runner/passer in NFL history? Unstoppable.
Possibly so. I can only compare it to Cam Newton's 2015 campaign.

Added in 9 hours 55 minutes 15 seconds:
yettee wrote:
2 weeks ago

Ravens -3 @ Rams. Lamar Jackson, perhaps the greatest pure runner/passer in NFL history? Unstoppable.
I'm really looking forward to this second game in your two game package.
The Rams at home have a big test against the Ravens Monday night.
For the love of South Western skies.

nameless
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

The Titans lead the Jaguars 42 - 20 in Tennessee with 4:42 left in the game.

Assuming the Titans win this game their record will be 6 and 5. They'll be tied with the Colts for second place in the AFC South and just one game behind the 7 and 4 Houston Texans. I think it's safe to say that the Titans will win this game against the Jaguars and that will set the stage for an interesting matchup between the Titans and the Colts next Sunday in Indianapolis. Whoever wins takes over sole position of 2nd place in the AFC South and since the Texans play the Patriots next Sunday the winner of the Titans versus Colts game could easily end up in a 1st place tie in the AFC South with the Texans. Next week's games will shake out a lot of stuff for the AFC South.

I'm predicting Tennessee will beat the Colts at Indianapolis because I still continue to believe that the Colts are winning games with smoke and mirrors. As I've said before they really don't have any big star playmakers anywhere on the team except for the OL. I also predict that the Patriots will beat the Texans.

P.S. The Titans OL played really well today except for one play when a backup OT replaced starter Lewan Taylor for one play. A defensive lineman ran right past the backup OT and strip-sacked Tannehill. Other than that there were no sacks on the Titans OL today. It looks like the Titans' OL is starting to jel late in the season.

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Titans hold on and win @nameless plus @Yettee got one half of his quarterback double correct with the Seahawks winning against Philly.

yettee
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Post by yettee » 2 weeks ago

blackg wrote:
2 weeks ago
Titans hold on and win @nameless plus @Yettee got one half of his quarterback double correct with the Seahawks winning against Philly.
Indeed... should have included the Jets and made it a triple. Suddenly Darnold is looking like Joe Montana..... and, weirdly, 34 Jet points in 3 straight games

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

yettee wrote:
2 weeks ago
Indeed... should have included the Jets and made it a triple. Suddenly Darnold is looking like Joe Montana..... and, weirdly, 34 Jet points in 3 straight games
Oh, okay, I didn't even realize.
Anyway, big game tomorrow night.

nameless
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

I'm also taking the Browns over the Steelers and the Chiefs over the Raiders.

So I have 4 picks:

1. Titans over the Colts
2. Patriots over the Texans
3. Chiefs over the Raiders
4. Browns over the Steelers

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by blackg » 1 week ago

Ravens 45 Rams 6.

@Yettee you nailed it like the true football savant that you are.

Lamar Jackson really put on a show, but shit, I get nervous every time he leaves the pocket on a run.
I pray for the guy.

yettee
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Post by yettee » 1 week ago

blackg wrote:
1 week ago
Ravens 45 Rams 6.

@Yettee you nailed it like the true football savant that you are.

Lamar Jackson really put on a show, but shit, I get nervous every time he leaves the pocket on a run.
I pray for the guy.
LOL no, Lamar is the savant. But thank you for your kind words.

Early Bird Special!
All eyes on the Jets -4.5 at Bengals next week. The Jets are hot, the Bengals are not.

nameless
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by nameless » 1 week ago

Has anyone else noticed that Ryan Tannehill is playing at an elite level for the Titans? I know it's just 5 games so far but he's looked top-notch those games. I hope he keeps it up but I'm kind of expecting him to fall back to Earth.

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

nameless wrote:
1 week ago
Has anyone else noticed that Ryan Tannehill is playing at an elite level for the Titans? I know it's just 5 games so far but he's looked top-notch those games. I hope he keeps it up but I'm kind of expecting him to fall back to Earth.
I have noticed. He is a far cry from the man he was at Miami.

yettee
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Post by yettee » 1 week ago

#2 pick Mariota can't be very happy as a clipboard-minder.

G, no one ever got rich betting on the Jets. Proceed with caution. They are the kings of the letdown.

That said, we stand by our Early Bird Special, especially as it appears that the line has moved to -3.5.

nameless
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by nameless » 1 week ago

Mariota is still a tremendous athlete with a competitive soul. I think they started Mariota too early in his career. Maybe the Titans should keep him at backup pay and let him learn behind Tannehill for awhile. If he doesn't want to do that he can walk if he wants to but if he isn't ready to start then he might be better off sitting in Tennessee.

I may change some of my picks. The Titans injury report is ugly and the Patriots have at least 8 players with the flu. The flu can be a big issue. I'll make my final predictions on Friday.

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

yettee wrote:
1 week ago
That said, we stand by our Early Bird Special, especially as it appears that the line has moved to -3.5.
I've just realized the pun in your Early Bird Special title.