American football thread

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
nameless
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

American football thread

Post by nameless » 5 months ago

yettee wrote:
5 months ago
But in my personal interaction with you on this site, Trump made a decision that I said I thought was "spur of the moment", a simple and short comment, and you went ballistic. You called me a liar, a moron, lots of stuff, just as you've called other people names - often when expressing anything negative about Trump. So I'm assuming that something similar may have happened here.
Yup, That's similar to how things went south between he and I. I ragged on Trump/GOP so he began insulting me, and he just can't let go. Sorry you got drug into this crap. Remember, it's best to stay cool. I hope you can make it stop between you two. He gets obsessed with hacking on someone when he gets mad at the person.

Added in 4 minutes 21 seconds:
JLBB, it's a bad idea to fight with anyone other than me. You see, if you only fight with me then you have a chance of convincing other posters that it's my fault we're bicking, but if you bicker at other posters too then you start getting a rep for being a problem personality. Just saying....

So why don't you just leave Yettee alone and focus your attacks solely on me?

nameless
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

American football thread

Post by nameless » 1 month ago

yettee wrote:
1 month ago
Should be fun to see what TB does.
I learned my lesson this year... never bet on the Jets!
I'm back. I just went to the store for a late night snack.

Are you going to place an NFL bet this year?

I'm still trying to nail down which team I'm betting on this year.

yettee
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Minoxidil

American football thread

Post by yettee » 1 month ago

nameless wrote:
1 month ago
Are you going to place an NFL bet this year?

I'm still trying to nail down which team I'm betting on this year.

Not an actual bet, but I think it's hard to pick against KC. To me they seemed to almost casually win the title, other teams were more dominant for most of the year. With the confidence of having won they should be even better. 9ers should be great again too. Joe Burrow seems to be a great kid, will be rooting for the Bengals... and Giants, and TB to some extent. Will be interesting to see how the Pats do if they play Stidham.

nameless
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

American football thread

yettee wrote:
1 month ago
Not an actual bet, but I think it's hard to pick against KC. To me they seemed to almost casually win the title, other teams were more dominant for most of the year. With the confidence of having won they should be even better. 9ers should be great again too. Joe Burrow seems to be a great kid, will be rooting for the Bengals... and Giants, and TB to some extent. Will be interesting to see how the Pats do if they play Stidham.
It IS very hard to bet against KC. That offense is amazing. They did fall behind against the Texans and the Titans but then they regrouped and they were unstoppable. But as good as the Chiefs are, I don't think there's much profit to be made if I bet on them. Do you know what I could win if I bet $500 on the Chiefs?

And I don't think the Texans or the Titans can stand in the way of the Chiefs. The Texans lost DeAndre Hopkins, D.J Reader, and Carlos Hyde. The Titans lost both Jack Conklin and Jurrell Casey. Some of the guys that the Texans and Titans lost are elite so no matter that the Texans and Titans slowed KC down last year I don't think either team can ever slow KC down this year.

I think KC will the 2021 SB, and if they win the 2021 SB that means they'll also win the AFC Championship Game. I'm thinking about betting on which NFC team will win the NFC Championship Game this time. There might be some money to be made in that game.

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

American football thread

Post by blackg » 1 month ago

nameless wrote:
1 month ago
1. Your story keeps changing, dog. First you said you weren't supportive of me because I wished JLBB would die and now you're saying you don't support me because I brought one of my attacker's family into the argument. Make up your mind, halfwit.

2. The big battle that ensued isn't what I wanted. I was just fighting back.

3a. You Admin and moderator were the ones who caused the problem to reach the point it reached. I blocked JLBB for about a month but you Admin staff still allowed him to say nasty things about me even though I wasn't responding to him. So your claim that you don't support me because I ragged on my attackers is bullshit since there was a period for about a month where i wasn't fighting back againsg JLBB, he was still making harassment-type posts at me, I reported his harassment to staff, and staff did nothing to make him stop it. As a matter of fact, you're such a creep that YOU actually pleaded with me to take him off ignore so he & I could bicker more. You're a pig, man. I ignored the creep and YOU actually wanted me get back in the fight, you sanctimonious hypocrite.

3b. When it comes to PJ, he and i agreed on a peace where I would not post at him and he would not post at me. It was done. And it was working. Then he started harassing me about my psych issues, and he later stated that he did that because he saw JLBB doing it and it looked like "fun". In other words, he was symbolically trying to become a member of the American Idol audience sitting in the audience laughing at the troubled person who behaves differently. And I was to be the person who gets laughed at for being different. I reported PJ's harassment to Admin multiple times over the few days that PJ was harassing me. If there really is a rule against harassment, and if it applies to all of us, then all Admin had to do was send PJ one PM informing him to stop harassing me and I'm sure he would have stopped. PJ is NOT LIKE psychopath JLBB. PJ doesn't really mean any harm. He just didn't understand that what he was doing is harmful. if Admin had simply told him 1 time to cease, he would have ceased, and he would still be here today. And you follow in the same unfair tradition of previous leadership here. I don't care what you think. I think you're a pile of shit and I consider that whenever you open your mouth.
Thanks mate. I hope you stick around for the upcoming NFL season. If you decide to support the Bucks, I'm with you on that one.
I just can't support your hatred of everyone. But stick around 'til September at least.
endless sexless.

nameless
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

American football thread

The NFL could change their collective mind and cancel the season.
Last edited by nameless 1 month ago, edited 3 times in total.

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

American football thread

@Yettee @nameless will there be a football season this year?

If there is, there may be one without crowds in the stadia, at least for the first month or so.
endless sexless.

nameless
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

American football thread

blackg wrote:
1 month ago
@Yettee @nameless will there be a football season this year?

If there is, there may be one without crowds in the stadia, at least for the first month or so.
Right now, I'm thinking San Francisco, the Giants, or the Jets.

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

American football thread

nameless wrote:
1 month ago
Right now, I'm thinking San Francisco, the Giants, or the Jets.
Make your mind up, nameless. For me it's the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Brady and Gronk's last hurrah!
endless sexless.