Impact of age

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
Post Reply
User avatar
EvilLocks
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 407
Joined: 9 months ago
Reputation: 1173
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Nada

Re: Impact of age

Post by EvilLocks » 3 weeks ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
3 weeks ago
Also, there isn't a lot of sunshine over Norway :-)

Do you take vitamin D3 supplements?
There's more than enough sunshine here during the summer months actually. The last few years the temperatures have been pretty high from May - September. Also we have very long days here, at "the worst" (according to myself lol) we have only 3-4 hours of somewhat darkness during a day, at least where I live. So it's actually pretty challenging to avoid the sun haha. We do have very dark winters though, with only a few hours of light at the darkest point.
I have made a little theory, that the reason Scandinavians often age badly is because they take full advantage of the summer months, I see my friends and family doing just that, taking advantage of every sun ray they can get during those months to "make up" for the winter. Long days = plenty of sunshine. Also our skin type is typically fair/freckled, a skin type that needs much less sunshine than darker skin tones to produce sufficient vitamin D. I feel like most people here think they need more sunshine than they really do to produce enough vitamin D. In addition to this many people travel during the fall/winter months because they get tired of the darkness and cold here. Also it's not the norm to wear SPF daily.
I make sure to wear SPF daily, as well as seek shade whenever possible, especially at the point of day when the sun is the highest, and strongest.
Yes, I take a small dose of vitamin D each day.
At Peace with the Piece 8-)

User avatar
Pat
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 302
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 847
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Dutasteride, minoxidil, ketokonazole, dermarolling.

Re: Impact of age

Post by Pat » 3 weeks ago

@EvilLocks is insecure of her intelligence and her age :(

User avatar
EvilLocks
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 407
Joined: 9 months ago
Reputation: 1173
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Nada

Re: Impact of age

Post by EvilLocks » 3 weeks ago

Pat wrote:
3 weeks ago
@EvilLocks is insecure of her intelligence and her age :(
Not as insecure as you're about your hair line sweetie ;*
No but really, I'm insecure about neither of those. I used to be very insecure about age, but I've grown past it! Not saying it's amazing to get older, but isn't the alternative worse? Besides, I look pretty, I hear it all the time, so what if I'm not a 15yr old that gets you hard lol. I'm not on earth to please you anyway ... :)
At Peace with the Piece 8-)

User avatar
Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1023
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2667
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Re: Impact of age

Post by Rudiger » 3 weeks ago

EvilLocks wrote:
3 weeks ago
Evil: "I don't doubt that you have noticed how women "seem" to age faster, but I believe this is due to the fact that most people subconsciously look for signs of aging in women before they do on men. We are programmed to believe that women "should" be tight and smooth, so even when mild signs of aging appears on a woman they will seem more obvious than if they were on a man."

Rudiger: Anyway, *personal anecdotal opinion coming up* (because when interacting with you this apparently needs to be clarified) I thought it was common knowledge men age better, of course it's case by case but generally men's aging can actually compliment their looks. It's very common a chubby faced 20 year old kid can look a lot better in mid or late 20s. Or look at wrinkles for example, they actually suit a decent proportion of men who are older, do wrinkles ever suit a woman? I mean, ever? What about grey hair and the "silver fox", has a woman ever looked better with greying hair?


Am I really crazy here for thinking these are basically saying the same thing? @Admin @Afro_Vacancy what do you think, am I the crazy one here? of course it's not word by word the same thing, but both translate to roughly the same message in my opinion? When @Rudiger says that wrinkles or grey hair don't suit a woman ever, but plenty of guys look good with those same signs of aging, isn't that the same as when I was saying that men wear their age better than women? I feel like @Rudiger is clinging to a straw here and doesn't wanna admit he was wrong, that's why he goes on this unwarranted rant against me in the hopes of "proving" I am an idiot, which he doesn't even wanna admit that he thinks I am, even though it's obvious to both me and @Afro_Vacancy that this is what he thinks. And of course he has to pull the age old "white knight" card against afro, because obviously whenever someone agrees with me it must be because they're a white knight and not because they actually share my opinion lol :roll:
You did not initially say women wear their age better than men, why do you keep insisting on this? That's twice now, you only said "like I said men wear their age much better than women do" after pjhair corrected you, initially this is what you wrote:
EvilLocks wrote:
3 weeks ago
Definitely NOT TRUE, if that were true then it would mean women are genetically programmed to age faster than men, which there's no scientific proof of.
I don't doubt that you have noticed how women "seem" to age faster, but I believe...
You weren't saying that men age better, you were saying that we are programmed to believe so. Now you're acting as if you were saying men wear their age better all along, this isn't what you said. You're saying that he (pjhair) noticed women "seem" to age faster, so if you're now saying you agree with that, then why didn't you just write "I have no doubt women look like they age faster", instead you just put the onus on him, and said "seem", why? Because you don't agree, and if you could at least be honest about that, instead of now pretending this was your point all along, then that would be a huge step for you.
I agree this is insane, but I thought it was kinda obvious that I don't actually believe this?
Hahaha, I mean just, what?!

Now it's my fault for not reading your fucking mind, how was that obvious? You just write "I thought it was kinda obvious" and don't actually explain why that would be obvious in any way, at all. You just wrote a literal blunt statement, no satire or anything, and I'm supposed to guess that you didn't mean what you literally wrote, and what you were never going to correct until you were called up on it. Now you're agreeing it was insane, but you're still playing the victim about being treated like an idiot.
Afro_Vacancy wrote:
3 weeks ago
Is followed by:

A good way of interpreting the first two posts is that it's the sort of language that people would only ever use on the internet. Nobody would speak that way to another person in real life, and if they did they might be fired.
It's weird that you seem to be acting as if you actually answered my question here? With regards to belittling her, I already explained thoroughly why it was necessary for me to write it in that way (twice) and you haven't acknowledged the second one which was directly replying to you.
Rudiger wrote:
3 weeks ago
As for taking offence at me clarifying that it's a personal anecdotal opinion, after reading your exchange with pjhair, it appears you literally do need this to be clarified, let me just point out again how ridiculous that was, he even started his paragraph with "Anecdotally speaking" and you quoted:

"In my experience, looks wise, women age faster than men. But as my sample size is too small, I might be wrong."

Along with saying "anecdotally speaking" there could not have been a safer way of putting this across as an opinion
Rudiger wrote:
3 weeks ago
1) Where did I call her dumb? Or an idiot? If you read the post you just quoted, you'll see how I outlined that in the context of this discussion, I have to literally point out where I am just giving an opinion. If you read what she quoted from pjhair, he could not have been clearer that he's giving a subjective opinion, it's anecdotal, he has limited experience, he may be wrong, etc. And she says "definitely NOT TRUE". So how else are you supposed to get through to someone who can't understand a subjective opinion? I had to spell out that it was my opinion, and go one step further than pjhair and outline that I have to spell this out to her, as when it comes to this, she simply doesn't understand. Or didn't understand shortly beforehand.

I didn't call her an idiot or dumb in all ways, but she had literally just displayed that in this context, she needs things to be spelled out to her. I imagine now that because of me spelling out this error in judgement she is less likely to do it again, but only if she takes on board what I've written instead of pjhair being nice, or you defending her. I think because of what you've written in this post there's a decent chance she'll cling to it and think "exactly, people shouldn't call me dumb" and completely take no accountability for her own fault in responding to pjhair. Note that this is an assumption, and based on her own response to me earlier which was just to get sarcastic, saying that actually I look like the idiot now, and claim we agree on the same thing, when I've pointed out that we actually don't at all.
I'll try one last time even though I think you already understand-

When someone displays such incredible ignorance in such a way, there's no other way to explain things to them, than to act like they are 10 years old and don't understand simple concepts. She has just recently displayed how she doesn't understand what a subjective opinion is, so I had to be absolutely clear that I was making one, and went a step further to even spell out that this needs to be explained to her, to highlight that ignorance so she understands.

I never said this made her dumb in all ways, just that in this particular context she needed everything to be clearly explained to her. Are you saying she does not need that? Because read again what she wrote to pjhair, and most importantly what he initially wrote, and how he couldn't have been much clearer.
EvilLocks wrote:
3 weeks ago
I never said he used the word "idiot" about me. But he didn't have to, because it's clear as day to me that he was talking to me as someone who obviously needed things explained in detail before I could understand it, you know? He could have simply done what @pjhair did and calmly explained the situation, instead of going out of his way to make me look like, yes, an idiot.

Anyway, I find it amusing that you are discussing the situation on your chat, I can only imagine what you are talking about lmao, probably something about me having a typical "girl moment", or something along those lines :roll: ;)

I definitely won't bother with a flame war here, but I feel the need to defend myself when someone comes at me for no reason.
Fred's screenshot really made it look like he was replying to me asking what everyone thought about this thread, what I actually wrote was regarding Afro for no reason at all saying there's one person of average or below intelligence on the forum (which isn't a big deal just, strange? and not necessary)

I hate to ruin the amusement (why is that even amusing?) but I didn't actually reply to what Fred wrote, so I'm sorry but we didn't talk about this at all. However on the topic of "girl moment" that would be something like, writing a statement, later realising you were wrong, and then claiming it was obvious you didn't actually mean it, and it's a man's fault for not understanding this and it was obvious. Another "girl moment" is this typical thing females do where they pretend they find humour in genuine criticism of themselves, it's this weird form of a defence mechanism which covers up their genuine feelings of annoyance and in this case paranoia, which for me personally I would just let it be known rather than lying about it.

I didn't come at you for no reason, I thought it was ridiculous how you reacted to pjhair, and you've since admitted that it indeed was insane, so why are you now claiming you weren't at fault whatsoever?
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

User avatar
rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1168
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1299
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Re: Impact of age

Post by rclark » 3 weeks ago

pjhair wrote:
3 weeks ago

I don't want grey hair :worried: :worried: although quite a few hair on the sides and some on top of my head have turned grey. It's not noticeable yet because vast majority of my hair is still brown. I have to point it out to people before they notice it. Dr. House used to say that whenever he dyed his hair, it looked around 30% denser. That's another disadvantage of grey hair. It makes it look thinner.
Using hair dye will definitely make your hair look thicker.

As long as it's the same color as your natural hair color, nobody will say anything.

The problem with aging and gray hair is that it doesn't uniformly cover your hair. My hair is uniformly gray on my sides. It
is naturally darker on my back and front.
Reed_richards.jpg
Reed_richards.jpg (10.23 KiB) Viewed 744 times

Without "stretching" this topic out, here's another picture of the "late but not great" Stan Lee's cartoon
of premature aging Reed Richards, from the Fantastic Four.
reed_richards_2.jpg
reed_richards_2.jpg (8.9 KiB) Viewed 744 times
Added in 17 minutes 9 seconds:

rclark wrote:
3 weeks ago


Without "stretching" this topic out...

For some reason, after reading the recent posts, I feel inspired to quote myself in case
someone doesn't read it. @Rudiger, you definitely have inspired me. Thank you for helping
me not be my "Garbage brain". :oops:

User avatar
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1578
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 3859
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: Impact of age

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 3 weeks ago

Rudiger wrote:
3 weeks ago
When someone displays such incredible ignorance in such a way, there's no other way to explain things to them, than to act like they are 10 years old and don't understand simple concepts. She has just recently displayed how she doesn't understand what a subjective opinion is, so I had to be absolutely clear that I was making one, and went a step further to even spell out that this needs to be explained to her, to highlight that ignorance so she understands.
No.

There are other ways. For example, you can explore the possibility that you are the one who is mistaken, or that there was a casual and trivial misunderstanding. Alternatively, sometimes make mistakes skimming and reading posts, that happens and is known to happen, it doesn't mean that anybody needs to be talked down to like they're ten years old. You can then simply restate your position, with different wording, and one or two pieces of supporting evidence.

Do you really think that EvilLocks doesn't know what a subjective opinion is? I mean seriously man.

User avatar
Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1023
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2667
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Re: Impact of age

Post by Rudiger » 3 weeks ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
3 weeks ago
No.

There are other ways. For example, you can explore the possibility that you are the one who is mistaken, or that there was a casual and trivial misunderstanding. Alternatively, sometimes make mistakes skimming and reading posts, that happens and is known to happen, it doesn't mean that anybody needs to be talked down to like they're ten years old. You can then simply restate your position, with different wording, and one or two pieces of supporting evidence.

Do you really think that EvilLocks doesn't know what a subjective opinion is? I mean seriously man.
Actually no I believe she probably chose not to read in to it as a subjective opinion and for reasons unexplainable, acted like he was debating a known scientific fact. I'm not sure if that's worse than not knowing, because it shows some pointless intent at deliberately reading someone else wrongly just to make a punctuated statement in response, and the more I consider it, I think it is down to feeling defensive that women appear to age worse overall.

I thought Pat's comment about being insecure about age was just jokey trolling but actually, it does seem to be a real sticking point. But that doesn't mean it's ok to take it out on others and try and make it look like their "argument" is ridiculous and not true, what I did was simply a taste of her own medicine.
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

User avatar
rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1168
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1299
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Re: Impact of age

Post by rclark » 3 weeks ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
3 weeks ago
No.

There are other ways. For example, you can explore the possibility that you are the one who is mistaken, or that there was a casual and trivial misunderstanding. Alternatively, sometimes make mistakes skimming and reading posts, that happens and is known to happen, it doesn't mean that anybody needs to be talked down to like they're ten years old. You can then simply restate your position, with different wording, and one or two pieces of supporting evidence.

Do you really think that EvilLocks doesn't know what a subjective opinion is? I mean seriously man.
You have to take ego size into consideration. Nobody can be right all the time, only in their mind.

Then to have someone else validate their opinion and say they are wrong, and sorry for it.

Notice that he brings others into it. For example, he was angry for her response to pjhair? Even the person mentioned doesn't care.

People come from different countries. It doesn't mean both people are wrong.
Last edited by rclark 3 weeks ago, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
EvilLocks
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 407
Joined: 9 months ago
Reputation: 1173
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Nada

Re: Impact of age

Post by EvilLocks » 3 weeks ago

Rudiger wrote:
3 weeks ago
Actually no I believe she probably chose not to read in to it as a subjective opinion and for reasons unexplainable, acted like he was debating a known scientific fact. I'm not sure if that's worse than not knowing, because it shows some pointless intent at deliberately reading someone else wrongly just to make a punctuated statement in response, and the more I consider it, I think it is down to feeling defensive that women appear to age worse overall.

I thought Pat's comment about being insecure about age was just jokey trolling but actually, it does seem to be a real sticking point. But that doesn't mean it's ok to take it out on others and try and make it look like their "argument" is ridiculous and not true, what I did was simply a taste of her own medicine.
Are you serious? Chose to read it wrong? What is wrong with you snowflake :clap: I can't tell you anything else than that I'm deeply sorry, from the bottom of my heart, that I interpreted @pjhair post wrongly. I know it is inexcusable but I hope the Lord can forgive me, and that you'll find it in your heart to forgive me too. I really deserved a taste of my own medicine here for my horrific crime. Have mercy on me please...

Added in 40 minutes 36 seconds:
To clear things up once and for all here:

1. I did not interpret pj's post wrongly on purpose.
2. I still stand by my initial point, which was that people or men especially notice signs of aging in women before on other men of similar age, because women are "supposed" to be youthful, but the same signs of aging will often give a man an aura of authority, experience and so on.
3. I'm not insulted on the behalf of women that men think women age badly, that's just ridiculous. For one I could care less that not every man out there likes women of my age or older. In fact, men can like exactly what they want as long as they don't go full pedo for me, I'm not in a position to dictate what age men should be attracted to and neither do I want to! I know that my husband finds me attractive, I know that plenty of others find me attractive, it's OK if I'm not liked by every man out there. No girl is liked by every man out there either! I know that when I start to look older, most men will probably not turn their heads and that's OK. It will suck to lose the "mojo" yes, but guess what, it happens to everyone at some point, you men as well!
What I am against is ageism against women. While we can't decide what men find hot, a woman deserves to have importance and value in society still (not talking about value as a mother, sister etc.)
I want more diversity represented in media, on catwalks etc. There is a beauty to every age, although the sex appeal does fade.
At Peace with the Piece 8-)

pjhair
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 537
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1523

Re: Impact of age

Post by pjhair » 3 weeks ago

EvilLocks wrote:
3 weeks ago
What I am against is ageism against women. While we can't decide what men find hot, a woman deserves to have importance and value in society still
I am confused here. Are you trying to imply that just because older women aren't considered as attractive as younger women, they have no importance and value in society? Forget about women and age issue here. There may be men that you don't consider attractive. So does that mean they have no importance and value in your eyes?
EvilLocks wrote:
3 weeks ago
I want more diversity represented in media, on catwalks etc. There is a beauty to every age, although the sex appeal does fade.
Media shows people what they want to see. If more people want to see an attractive women than an unattractive one, then that's what media will show. Media also doesn't equally represent fat people on catwalks, magazines, etc. So do you advocate that they should get equal representation as well? You might argue that age is a natural process where as excessive weight is something that people bring upon themselves by unhealthy eating habits. I have two counter questions to this argument"

(1) Why should we only allow body type on catwalks and stuff that are a result of a natural process?

(2) Excessive weight can be a result of illness or metabolic issues. So why shouldn't they be equally represented in movies, catwalks, magazines, etc?

User avatar
EvilLocks
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 407
Joined: 9 months ago
Reputation: 1173
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Nada

Re: Impact of age

Post by EvilLocks » 3 weeks ago

pjhair wrote:
3 weeks ago
I am confused here. Are you trying to imply that just because older women aren't considered as attractive as younger women, they have no importance and value in society? Forget about women and age issue here. There may be men that you don't consider attractive. So does that mean they have no importance and value in your eyes?
No, I don't mean that women never have value in society unless they are young, I am sure people value their female doctor, teacher etc. but I am referring to a tendency to overlook women over a certain age in professional settings, as well as a general feeling of "disgust" towards older women that I see IRL very often. I'm not saying all men are like this, but I've seen it on a regular basis.
I have seen it with my own eyes, that younger gals are given opportunities and attention simply because of their youthful looks, while older women with more knowledge in their work are put to the side. Don't try to convince me otherwise, it happens _all the time_
Of course you can say "what about bald men shaming (and other things), that's just as bad?" And of course, there are other groups in society being discriminated against than aging women, but I guess it's a normal thing to feel strongly about a case that is relevant to yourself.
pjhair wrote:
3 weeks ago
Media shows people what they want to see. If more people want to see an attractive women than an unattractive one, then that's what media will show. Media also doesn't equally represent fat people on catwalks, magazines, etc. So do you advocate that they should get equal representation as well? You might argue that age is a natural process where as excessive weight is something that people bring upon themselves by unhealthy eating habits. I have two counter questions to this argument"

(1) Why should we only allow body type on catwalks and stuff that are a result of a natural process?

(2) Excessive weight can be a result of illness or metabolic issues. So why shouldn't they be equally represented in movies, catwalks, magazines, etc?
Really? I know that men probably don't want to see older women on TV, in magazines or catwalks, but I can speak for myself and many other women when I say that we DO want to see it! So it's not like nobody want to see it? I get it, it's not really appropriate for a 50+ woman to pose explicitly with her tits out or something, but would it really kill somebody to see a glamorous 50 year old woman walking on a catwalk in fashionable age appropriate clothing? Would it really kill Vogue to have a 40+ woman on the cover? Why is it that male models work sometimes until their 50s while female models mostly retire before 30? There's plenty of people, like myself, who do want to see more age diversity, it'd bs to say otherwise, just because YOU don't wanna see it!
I follow Cindy Crawford on Instagram and she recently posted a bikini pic of herself, not posing sexually at all, and people were going crazy in the comments saying things like "men don't foam at the mouth over a 50 year old woman" or "aren't you too old for this?"
Should a woman over a certain age not be able to post a non-sexual bikini pic of herself, just because she's no longer 20? It just doesn't make sense to me.
I'm for all kinds of representation, and no I don't say that it should be the same amount of attention to every group. I get that modeling for instance is an industry that seeks out youth, but no it wouldn't kill anybody to have abit more diversity when it comes to age.
At Peace with the Piece 8-)

User avatar
That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1159
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2148
Norwood: NW2.5

Re: Impact of age

Post by That Guy » 3 weeks ago

EvilLocks wrote:
3 weeks ago
Why is it that male models work sometimes until their 50s while female models mostly retire before 30? There's plenty of people, like myself, who do want to see more age diversity, it'd bs to say otherwise, just because YOU don't wanna see it!
Because sexual attraction and fertility are strongly tethered to each other. Even with women over 40 who are still "attractive" there is ostensibly nothing sexual about them anymore. Men, being able to theoretically sire children until they're dead maintain appeal and envy unless they're hit with balding, weight gain, and other stuff like that.

As for the whole "women over 40 not appearing on vogue", well plenty of older women regularly grace the covers of magazines with their niche. Christina Scabbia still poses provocatively on Rock music magazine regularly, Kate Beckinsale still shows up, Liz Hurley, and even Christy Brinkely who is nearly 70 still does sports illustrated shoots.

Image

So what you want is in fact out there.

But with your example of Vogue:

Vogue is almost entirely read by younger women. While many young men have "milf" fetishes, most women are trying their damndest to look eternally young.

https://www.condenast.RU58841/en/portfolio/m ... rculation/

16 - 24 year olds encompass the majority of their readers. How many 18 year old girls are going to want to buy magazines regularly featuring women more than twice their age on the cover? That's not who THEY are. That's not who they want to look like (at least not for a long time).

From a business standpoint, in which your goal is (allegedly) to sell as many copies as possible, that would be counter-productive.

pjhair
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 537
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1523

Re: Impact of age

Post by pjhair » 3 weeks ago

EvilLocks wrote:
3 weeks ago
No, I don't mean that women never have value in society unless they are young, I am sure people value their female doctor, teacher etc. but I am referring to a tendency to overlook women over a certain age in professional settings
So you agree that people value their female doctors, teachers, etc. But then you go on to say that people tend to overlook women over a certain age in "professional settings". I am not exactly sure what you mean here. Do you mean to say that people tend to overlook women over a certain age in professions except doctor, teacher, etc? Or you meant all professions? If you meant all professions then you are quite simply wrong. For example, when trying to decide to go to a doctor, people generally look at experience and record. Not their age, sex, etc. Nevertheless, I am sure there are many professions where being younger and good looking has it's advantage but that applies just as much to men as it does to women. I thought it's pretty well known that being a good looking man gives you advantage in professional life.

EvilLocks wrote:
3 weeks ago
, as well as a general feeling of "disgust" towards older women that I see IRL very often. I'm not saying all men are like this, but I've seen it on a regular basis.
Those are your subjective experiences. I haven't really seen this general feeling of disgust towards older women that you are talking about.
EvilLocks wrote:
3 weeks ago
I have seen it with my own eyes, that younger gals are given opportunities and attention simply because of their youthful looks, while older women with more knowledge in their work are put to the side. Don't try to convince me otherwise, it happens _all the time_
No, you don't have to convince me. Being good looking is a big advantage is life.
EvilLocks wrote:
3 weeks ago
And of course, there are other groups in society being discriminated against than aging women, but I guess it's a normal thing to feel strongly about a case that is relevant to yourself.
I think that's the real issue here. Even though fat/ugly/old/bald men are also at disadvantage in certain professional settings, you are especially aggrieved by your perceived discrimination against old women because you realize that you will be old one day.
EvilLocks wrote:
3 weeks ago
Really? I know that men probably don't want to see older women on TV, in magazines or catwalks, but I can speak for myself and many other women when I say that we DO want to see it!
Then float this idea to tv channels, magazines, etc and tell them what people want to see. Perhaps they didn't do their research and have absolutely no idea about what's popular. Perhaps they are only sitting in their offices and simply guessing what people want to see and are spending hundreds and millions of dollars on products with absolutely no data or research to back up their theories.

User avatar
koolaidshade
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 255
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 358
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: semen retention, real social dynamics, 12 rules for life

Re: Impact of age

Post by koolaidshade » 3 weeks ago

EvilLocks wrote:
3 weeks ago
ot using heavy moisturizers but a lightweight serum instead, exfoliating regularly, differin gel, lots of water and eating healthy, getting enough sleep, no drugs or smoke, little alcohol etc. I'm going to be 27 in a few months and people still think I'm in my early 20s or sometimes late teens :)
Why use a lightweight serum instead of a moisturizer? Are you just concerned that heavy moisturizers clog your pores?

what exact serum are you using?

It's dry where i'm from so i have to use that cerave PM lotion with niacinamide, and also cause i like to dose my skin with niacinamide every night

User avatar
blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1396
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1961

Re: Impact of age

Post by blackg » 3 weeks ago

Pat wrote:
3 weeks ago
@EvilLocks is insecure of her intelligence and her age :(
So am I.
Don't kneel because you feel

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], pjhair and 5 guests