Impact of age

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Impact of age

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 6 months ago

EvilLocks wrote:
6 months ago
Exactly. Some people here seem to think they are indeed perfect, as it seems, though :roll: And it's not like life is over once you hit 30+, there's still many possibilities to explore. Like @Hairblues said, it's not uncommon for people to get degrees at 30+
Of course we all are "expected" to have a degree, move in together, get married, have kids before 30 but there's many reasons why people don't do that until a bit later down the track, which is totally fine. As for me, I never finished my degree of 3 years because of the depression baldness caused me. But I was lucky, I got in contact with the right people who recognized my talent in graphic design and got a job that way. I guess it's time for me to tell you guys that I am expecting, so I won't get a degree anytime soon either :straight-smile:
Congratulations !!! Most awesome post in the history of the forum !!!
PhD in Internalized Incelism.

I had a hair transplant operation with the clinic of Dr. Emrah Cinik in Istanbul, with 2750 grafts being mostly placed in the front. It was a success both for general aesthetics and general well-being, and I encourage others to do the same.

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Nada

Impact of age

Post by EvilLocks » 6 months ago

Hairblues wrote:
6 months ago
Wow!!! Congratulations!!! That’s great news!!
Thank you sooo much :D

Added in 15 seconds:
Afro_Vacancy wrote:
6 months ago
Congratulations !!! Most awesome post in the history of the forum !!!
Thank you sooo much Afro :D

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Dustasteride 0.5 milligrams daily, Finasteride 1mg topical, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Impact of age

Post by rclark » 6 months ago

pjhair wrote:
6 months ago
Have you ever been to India? Once I finish my masters, I plan to either relocate there or the country my brother lives in. I miss my family incredibly. My life just feels empty and devoid of any purpose in the US. Whenever I go see my brother or visit India, I feel really happy and content.
I wish I did. Most of the people I work with are Indian. It seems like they are nicer than the people in the United States. My son's roommate is
from India, and I am very glad about that.

Maybe it's just my own perspective, but a lot of the back stabbing, and other issues seem to be tied to managers
from the United States.

Johnson
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Impact of age

Post by Johnson » 6 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
6 months ago

There's a part of me that wants to learn new languages, but to be honest I'd be happier simply being more proficient in the languages that I already know: English, French, and various computer languages like python, shell, and latex :-) My English skills have declined in recent years, and I hope to be able to recover in the near future.
What language would you learn?

I learnt to speak Italian with self study and a few work placements over there when I was younger.

Learning basic Spanish is very easy and only becomes more challenging when trying to digest conjuctions and certain grammar rules.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Impact of age

Johnson wrote:
6 months ago
What language would you learn?

I learnt to speak Italian with self study and a few work placements over there when I was younger.

Learning basic Spanish is very easy and only becomes more challenging when trying to digest conjuctions and certain grammar rules.
Actually, Italian and Spanish would be quite nice.

Right now Spanish is the second-most important language in what I do, due to a lot of facilities being built in South America. It's also the second language of the United States, and will only grow in importance with time.

Italian, however, is simply the language of the country that I find most beautiful. I've been to Italy three times and I've loved it each time. I love the food, the architecture, the people, the fashion, etc. I'd like to see Rome, and some part of southern Italy such as Siciliy, in the next few years.

I had a hair transplant operation with the clinic of Dr. Emrah Cinik in Istanbul, with 2750 grafts being mostly placed in the front. It was a success both for general aesthetics and general well-being, and I encourage others to do the same.

Guest-3
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Impact of age

Post by Guest-3 » 6 months ago

rclark wrote:
6 months ago
It seems like they are nicer than the people in the United States.
Actually I disagree with this. I find Americans very polite, soft spoken and honest.
rclark wrote:
6 months ago
Maybe it's just my own perspective, but a lot of the back stabbing, and other issues seem to be tied to managers
from the United States.
Oh boy, don't even get me started on the work culture in India. I have never worked there but I have seen the work conditions. In general US is far, far better. However, some countries in western Europe have much better work life balance than the US.
Trump 2020

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Impact of age

Post by blackg » 6 months ago

@Evilocks

Baby evil is in the way. Let's hope the baby doesn't look like a member of this forum.
From Australia: we're all in this together.

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Nada

Impact of age

Post by EvilLocks » 6 months ago

blackg wrote:
6 months ago
@Evilocks

Baby evil is in the way. Let's hope the baby doesn't look like a member of this forum.
Well, the baby could end up looking like me? :lol:

Johnson
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Impact of age

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
6 months ago
Actually, Italian and Spanish would be quite nice.

Right now Spanish is the second-most important language in what I do, due to a lot of facilities being built in South America. It's also the second language of the United States, and will only grow in importance with time.

Italian, however, is simply the language of the country that I find most beautiful. I've been to Italy three times and I've loved it each time. I love the food, the architecture, the people, the fashion, etc. I'd like to see Rome, and some part of southern Italy such as Siciliy, in the next few years.
How do you usually study?

Are you using the modern phone apps like duolingo or going down the more traditional route?

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Impact of age

Johnson wrote:
6 months ago
How do you usually study?

Are you using the modern phone apps like duolingo or going down the more traditional route?
I have not actually sat down and studied a third language rigorously.

[shame]

What do you do?

Johnson
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Impact of age

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
6 months ago
I have not actually sat down and studied a third language rigorously.

[shame]

What do you do?
I learnt Italian before memrise and duolingo were even availible. I had a few phrase books where I was able to learn the basics and I also went on holiday to Italy many times over a 4 year period so I was able to practice a fair amount. I was in Italy for a month last year and about 2 months before I hammered the hell out of duolingo and Italian films and after that the one month stay I was at a comfortable intermediate level.

My Spanish is a little lower level, but reading is about equal to my Italian. I picked the basics up at school and i've just dabbled in it for the past 15 years. I also listen to a fair amount of Spanish music which keeps it at an okay level without having to formally study.

My Vietnamese is my worst language and I feel bad for not learning more as I've lived there for two 10 month stints (i've difficulty with the tones, so even though i say the word i'm saying it off tone which changes the meaning).

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Dustasteride 0.5 milligrams daily, Finasteride 1mg topical, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Impact of age

Post by rclark » 6 months ago

pjhair wrote:
6 months ago
Actually I disagree with this. I find Americans very polite, soft spoken and honest.

Oh boy, don't even get me started on the work culture in India. I have never worked there but I have seen the work conditions. In general US is far, far better. However, some countries in western Europe have much better work life balance than the US.
It's probably the location in the United States. I live in the East coast, where people are sometimes a little bit more aggressive.

I actually get along with my coworkers quite well, all except one. Ironically he is white, a Democrat and from Ireland (fifty percent my ancestory)
He is a nut case. He is probably what @Rudiger will be like in thirty years in the future (my coworker is sixty three).