Impact of age

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
pjhair
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Impact of age

Post by pjhair » 3 weeks ago

Before and after pic of an actor. He is in his fifties in the fist pic and twnties in the second. He seemed to have kept all his hair but still became ugly. Not everyone ages well.
Attachments
0 SIjKnENdSFgEL-Rd.jpg
0 SIjKnENdSFgEL-Rd.jpg (61.48 KiB) Viewed 1015 times

That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2.5

Re: Impact of age

Post by That Guy » 3 weeks ago

He was ugly before for fuck's sake

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Nada

Post by EvilLocks » 3 weeks ago

pjhair wrote:
3 weeks ago
Not everyone ages well.
What a surprise :roll:

Added in 54 seconds:
That Guy wrote:
3 weeks ago

He was ugly before for fuck's sake
Not a looker to begin with but he definitely became much more uglier when he aged.
At Peace with the Piece 8-)

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 3 weeks ago

Look at the guy's nose. It's like it's moving further away from his face.

If goes further down south, he's going to have to have food pumped through his skin!

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 3 weeks ago

pjhair wrote:
3 weeks ago
Before and after pic of an actor. He is in his fifties in the fist pic and twnties in the second. He seemed to have kept all his hair but still became ugly. Not everyone ages well.
I think that he's actually lost a few inches of hair, plus, his skin looks like he had mild jaundice, and he's gained weight.

He'd look better if he lost 20 lbs, got a tan and ate some carrots, and he might benefit from a touch of grey.

I hope that I get some grey hair when I hit my 40s, the absence of grey hair looks creepy in older men in my opinion.

pjhair
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
3 weeks ago
I think that he's actually lost a few inches of hair, plus, his skin looks like he had mild jaundice, and he's gained weight.
I think the changes in his skin are definitely impacting him the most negatively. It became saggy as he aged that changed his face. Weight is another thing that he needs to control and possibly gain some muscle mass.
Afro_Vacancy wrote:
3 weeks ago
I hope that I get some grey hair when I hit my 40s, the absence of grey hair looks creepy in older men in my opinion.
I think people in 40's without any grey hair still look good. In fact, I think it's desirable. Not sure about people in their fifties and sixties.

I don't want grey hair :worried: :worried: although quite a few hair on the sides and some on top of my head have turned grey. It's not noticeable yet because vast majority of my hair is still brown. I have to point it out to people before they notice it. Dr. House used to say that whenever he dyed his hair, it looked around 30% denser. That's another disadvantage of grey hair. It makes it look thinner.

Added in 3 minutes 46 seconds:
EvilLocks wrote:
3 weeks ago
Not a looker to begin with but he definitely became much more uglier when he aged.
Yes, he wasn't a Chad but to claim that he hasn't gotten uglier is simply not true. Another before and after pics.
Attachments
RR.jpg
RR.jpg (34.18 KiB) Viewed 963 times
r2.jpg
r2.jpg (29.16 KiB) Viewed 963 times

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » 3 weeks ago

People.... Age?!
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Rudiger wrote:
3 weeks ago
People.... Age?!
At least it's a man being put on blast for once, I'm tired of reading about post-fame actresses with the title "she stepped out in public looking completely unrecognizable!!!" as if it's a shock that a woman looks different after 20-30 years. If a woman "ages gracefully" she's blasted for letting herself go, but if she turns to fillers/surgery she's mocked for being vain. It seems like you just can't win here, unless you age superbly of course, like Kate Beckinsale, who gets complimented everywhere for aging well even though she's likely had multiple procedures done, judging from how her skin actually looked worse 15 years ago.
And yes, I know sometimes men are put on blast as well, but they're not nearly as often judged for their aging looks as us women. If you look at the fashion industry, the male models are often in their 30s or 40s or even beyond, but the women are veterans soon as they hit 25, and most of the female models will have to quit modeling at that point or at least before 30. Even though there's plenty of gorgeous women in their late 20s or 30s in my opinion. I wish there were more diversity in the fashion and entertainment industry when it comes to women and age.
I think there is a quote that goes "Men don't age better than women, they're just allowed to" :roll:

pjhair
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Rudiger wrote:
3 weeks ago
People.... Age?!
This realization is unfortunately lost on some. They think if they can regrow all the hair, chicks will be lining up to date them.

Added in 16 minutes 1 second:
EvilLocks wrote:
3 weeks ago
Men don't age better than women, they're just allowed to" :roll:
Anecdotally speaking, I am not sure if I agree with that statement. I have seen a few guys in their mid to late thirties who can pass off as being in mid twenties. Recently, I was surprised to learn that a guy at my work is 42. I thought he was in early to mid thirties. However, I have very rarely seen a women in her mid to late thirties passing off as mid twenties. In my experience, looks wise, women age faster than men. But as my sample size is too small, I might be wrong.

Don't interpret my position to mean that I don't find women in thirties attractive. They can still be incredibly attractive. A women doesn't have to be in her early to mid twenties for me to find her attractive. In fact, the hottest women I have personally known was 27 at the time I met her. I was 31 at the time.

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

pjhair wrote:
3 weeks ago
This realization is unfortunately lost on some. They think if they can regrow all the hair, chicks will be lining up to date them.
I'm at risk of overusing this and I do not care

pjhair
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Rudiger wrote:
3 weeks ago

You can't overuse this. The clip is hilarious :lol: :lol:

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

pjhair wrote:
3 weeks ago
In my experience, looks wise, women age faster than men. But as my sample size is too small, I might be wrong.
Definitely NOT TRUE, if that were true then it would mean women are genetically programmed to age faster than men, which there's no scientific proof of.
I don't doubt that you have noticed how women "seem" to age faster, but I believe this is due to the fact that most people subconsciously look for signs of aging in women before they do on men. We are programmed to believe that women "should" be tight and smooth, so even when mild signs of aging appears on a woman they will seem more obvious than if they were on a man.
Also, women go through something that men don't, I'm talking about pregnancy of course. A pregnancy (or multiple pregnancies) can age a woman lots, she gains weight, breast start to sag from breastfeeding, stretch marks and loose skin appears, not to mention all the stress from taking care of her baby and not having energy to put herself together etc. A lot of women "forget" to take care of themselves when they have kids (a mistake I will never make), which naturally ages you. Some women bounce back fine, but the vast majority of women will have some degree of change to their bodies after pregnancy.
I don't believe the BS of "women age faster because they party and ride the cock carousel in their youth", well I know plenty of guys who do the same thing and don't hear that haha...
Anyway the most beautiful girl I've seen on Instagram lately is 27, so maybe I'll reach my peak when I'm 27 too? :lol:

Added in 4 minutes 48 seconds:
Rudiger wrote:
3 weeks ago

LOOL, sure that's not someone on this forum? :wave:

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

EvilLocks wrote:
3 weeks ago
Definitely NOT TRUE, if that were true then it would mean women are genetically programmed to age faster than men, which there's no scientific proof of.
I don't doubt that you have noticed how women "seem" to age faster, but I believe this is due to the fact that most people subconsciously look for signs of aging in women before they do on men. We are programmed to believe that women "should" be tight and smooth, so even when mild signs of aging appears on a woman they will seem more obvious than if they were on a man.
Also, women go through something that men don't, I'm talking about pregnancy of course. A pregnancy (or multiple pregnancies) can age a woman lots, she gains weight, breast start to sag from breastfeeding, stretch marks and loose skin appears, not to mention all the stress from taking care of her baby and not having energy to put herself together etc. A lot of women "forget" to take care of themselves when they have kids (a mistake I will never make), which naturally ages you. Some women bounce back fine, but the vast majority of women will have some degree of change to their bodies after pregnancy.
I don't believe the BS of "women age faster because they party and ride the cock carousel in their youth", well I know plenty of guys who do the same thing and don't hear that haha...
Anyway the most beautiful girl I've seen on Instagram lately is 27, so maybe I'll reach my peak when I'm 27 too? :lol:

Added in 4 minutes 48 seconds:

LOOL, sure that's not someone on this forum? :wave:
Lol "in my anecdotal experience..." > "DEFINITELY NOT TRUE THERES NO SCIENTIFIC PROOF OF THIS SILLY" Just makes you sound ridiculous when it's clearly a matter of opinion and you're clinging to what science fails to prove. There's also no proof that Asians or black people look the same age for a lot longer than Caucasians, can you possibly deny this because there's no scientific proof? It's opinions on aesthetics, there's no fucking "aging gene" on the double helix, it's like preferring the look of a car or painting and you're going "scientifically there's no proof this looks better! DEFINITELY not true!!!"

Anyway, *personal anecdotal opinion coming up* (because when interacting with you this apparently needs to be clarified) I thought it was common knowledge men age better, of course it's case by case but generally men's aging can actually compliment their looks. It's very common a chubby faced 20 year old kid can look a lot better in mid or late 20s. Or look at wrinkles for example, they actually suit a decent proportion of men who are older, do wrinkles ever suit a woman? I mean, ever? What about grey hair and the "silver fox", has a woman ever looked better with greying hair?

And no Evil, it's not muh media, it's basic aesthetics. You seem more offended on behalf of women everywhere than giving an impartial opinion. It's kind of a weird twist because most defending womanhood would say "on top of everything, men even age better". Generally women also put on weight easier than men (there probably is scientific proof of that) but you'll probably refer to how much scrutiny women get in tabloids for putting on pounds, just because that is more likely in the media that this is exposed and scrutinised in females over males, it doesn't negate the reality, and you seem to be conflating the two.

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Rudiger wrote:
3 weeks ago

Anyway, *personal anecdotal opinion coming up* (because when interacting with you this apparently needs to be clarified) I thought it was common knowledge men age better, of course it's case by case but generally men's aging can actually compliment their looks. It's very common a chubby faced 20 year old kid can look a lot better in mid or late 20s. Or look at wrinkles for example, they actually suit a decent proportion of men who are older, do wrinkles ever suit a woman? I mean, ever? What about grey hair and the "silver fox", has a woman ever looked better with greying hair?
That was exactly my point, who's looking like an idiot now @Rudiger ? :clap: Trying to explain me something I explained first, good one :)

pjhair
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

EvilLocks wrote:
3 weeks ago
I didn't claim that women genetically age fatster. I specifically said "looks wise they age faster". Here is my exact quote.

"In my experience, looks wise, women age faster than men. But as my sample size is too small, I might be wrong."

There is a reason I said "looks wise women age faster" instead of simply saying "women age faster". Looks wise simply means that they "appear" older than men of comparable age due to changes to the skin. However, rest of their body including the internal organs stay the same age as a man. In fact, given that in developed countries, women tend to live longer than men on average, I am inclined to believe women age better than men. Just not in looks.
Last edited by pjhair 3 weeks ago, edited 2 times in total.