Let’s talk Donald Trump

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
Post Reply
User avatar
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1477
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 3653
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: Let’s talk Donald Trump

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 10 months ago

@Rudiger had previously mentioned Trump taking on the Federal Reserve. I neglected to respond to that point, as I was forgetting some relevant details.

So yes, it's true that Trump is taking on the federal reserve to some extent, and that has the potential to be transformative. As of now, the Federal Reserve is raising interest rates to lower inflation or rather to prevent inflation from rising. This reflects a mainstream (but not universal) view among professional economists: rapid economic growth -> more jobs, higher wages, higher inflation. Higher inflation is a terrible thing, and thus interest rates should be calibrated to have the highest possible rate of growth without inflation taking off. That view is actually more common among conservatives. @JeanLucBB has a degree in economics so he can elaborate.

Some points:

1) Trump does have the potential to be transformative here, and if he succeeds yes he should get credit. Right now, it's just noise. We'll see where it goes.

2) If Trump actually did want a looser monetary policy (as he's advocating for now), he could have just appointed a different Federal Reserve chairman. He appointed Jerome Powell, that was his decision, and now Powell is implementing a philosophy that is consistent with Powell's career up to that point.

3) It is not intrinsically obvious whether a looser or tighter monetary policy is preferable, and in what context. I don't know the answer for what it's worth, and I don't claim to know. It may be that Trump is right and that the Fed is overreacting, it may also be that if they kept interest rates low the economy would over-heat.

User avatar
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1477
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 3653
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: Let’s talk Donald Trump

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 10 months ago

Pat wrote:
10 months ago
I didn’t mean that people like Biden because he loves children, I mean that they make excuses for his behaviour while using mental gymnastics to lynch Trump, just like you’re doing when you say Trump is racist because he wanted death penalty for the convicted rapists.
Nobody's discussing rapists here. I discussed the Central Park Five, who were innocent. The DNA evidence collected at the scene did not match any of the five men, however it did match another man, Matias Reyes, who confessed to the crime later on.

Not only was there no sound evidence linking them to the crime, but the actual evidence collected did not point to them. Their convictions were overturned, and they received a 41 million dollar settlement for false imprisonment.

User avatar
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1477
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 3653
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: Let’s talk Donald Trump

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 10 months ago

Elizabeth Warren bragging that she might be 1/1024th Native American is embarrassing.

Here's an article from the left-liberal site Jezebel critiquing here for it:
https://theslot.jezebel.com/our-vote-ma ... 1829783321

I can understand that she listed herself as Native when she was younger. That would have been a mistake in reasoning, but it's fine, people make those when they're young. However, she's still doing it 50 years later. Though she has a number of qualities, this doesn't reflect well on her.

User avatar
Hairblues
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 936
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1678
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Re: Let’s talk Donald Trump

Post by Hairblues » 10 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
10 months ago
Elizabeth Warren bragging that she might be 1/1024th Native American is embarrassing.

Here's an article from the left-liberal site Jezebel critiquing here for it:
https://theslot.jezebel.com/our-vote-ma ... 1829783321

I can understand that she listed herself as Native when she was younger. That would have been a mistake in reasoning, but it's fine, people make those when they're young. However, she's still doing it 50 years later. Though she has a number of qualities, this doesn't reflect well on her.
I said to a friend it was a mistake for her to do this because it’s like trying to out trump Trump.
And you can’t do it. Only one who comes close is Avanati and he’s NO politician, he’s a narcissist himself.

I had no perspective to assume the native Americans would be upset. The ones I know personally are not easily offended but then again they aren’t ‘political’ within their tribes, they live in Brooklyn lol.
I didn’t watch her video. I lost some interest in her long ago.

I really like Amy Klobuchur whose not running but I wish she was to an extent because the few debates I’ve observed her in, she’s friendly and doesn’t lose her cool yet makes strong valid points and I think even republicans ‘like’ her even if they don’t agree.
I think it would be difficult for Trump to really go after her.
BK tried and he looked bad. I think even people who support him would look at that exchange and think it was a weak point in his over all performance.
She looked composed and mature if not slightly offended and he looked red faced and discombobulated. She has a way of appearing vulnerable like you hurt the feelings of your friends cool mom but without looking like a victim.
Hard to explain.

User avatar
Pat
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 295
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 840
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Dutasteride, minoxidil, ketokonazole, dermarolling.

Re: Let’s talk Donald Trump

Post by Pat » 10 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
10 months ago
Nobody's discussing rapists here. I discussed the Central Park Five, who were innocent. The DNA evidence collected at the scene did not match any of the five men, however it did match another man, Matias Reyes, who confessed to the crime later on.

Not only was there no sound evidence linking them to the crime, but the actual evidence collected did not point to them. Their convictions were overturned, and they received a 41 million dollar settlement for false imprisonment.
Nobody’s discussing rapists here? May I remind you that you were the one to bring the Central Park Five case up. At the time Trump advocated for the death penalty for these men they were convicted. What happened later is irrelevant, of course he wouldn’t advocate death penalty for innocent men. That’s ridiculous.

It’s astounding how in my first post I was talking about how people employ crazy mental gymnastics to paint Trump as a racist, then in the very responses to that post it’s happening.

User avatar
Hairblues
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 936
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1678
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Re: Let’s talk Donald Trump

Post by Hairblues » 10 months ago

Pat wrote:
10 months ago
Nobody’s discussing rapists here? May I remind you that you were the one to bring the Central Park Five case up. At the time Trump advocated for the death penalty for these men they were convicted. What happened later is irrelevant, of course he wouldn’t advocate death penalty for innocent men. That’s ridiculous.

It’s astounding how in my first post I was talking about how people employ crazy mental gymnastics to paint Trump as a racist, then in the very responses to that post it’s happening.

I’m not sure at what point he took out the ad.

Forget the color of the skin but let’s focus on how Trump is now saying innocent until proven guilty. About Brett Kavanaugh about Paul manofort(who he even defended after he was found guilty of not paying his taxes).
Hs even bending over backwards to give political cover to the Saudis By using the ‘innocent until proven guilty’ defense for people who don’t even have that in their own country.
Just seems he picks and chooses whose guilty and whose not by his own opinion and it has very little to do with due process or court of law.
He pardoned Joe Arpio.
He defended Hunter and Collins—simply because they are republican congressman.
Yet he leads chants of Lock Her Up now for Feinstein and Clinton—whaat crime did they commit, get indicted, and found guilty for exactly?

User avatar
yettee
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 262
Joined: 11 months ago
Reputation: 730
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Minoxidil

Re: Let’s talk Donald Trump

Post by yettee » 10 months ago

Pat wrote:
10 months ago
Nobody’s discussing rapists here? May I remind you that you were the one to bring the Central Park Five case up. At the time Trump advocated for the death penalty for these men they were convicted. What happened later is irrelevant, of course he wouldn’t advocate death penalty for innocent men. That’s ridiculous.
But he doesn't say they are innocent. He says they're guilty.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-e ... na-n661941

User avatar
yettee
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 262
Joined: 11 months ago
Reputation: 730
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Minoxidil

Re: Let’s talk Donald Trump

Post by yettee » 10 months ago

Hairblues wrote:
10 months ago
I really like Amy Klobuchur whose not running but I wish she was to an extent because the few debates I’ve observed her in, she’s friendly and doesn’t lose her cool yet makes strong valid points and I think even republicans ‘like’ her even if they don’t agree.
I think it would be difficult for Trump to really go after her.
BK tried and he looked bad. I think even people who support him would look at that exchange and think it was a weak point in his over all performance.
She looked composed and mature if not slightly offended and he looked red faced and discombobulated. She has a way of appearing vulnerable like you hurt the feelings of your friends cool mom but without looking like a victim.
Hard to explain.
She also got very good press from it. Who knows, maybe she'll contrast it with press that Warren got this week, and look at the potential problems other candidates might have, and reconsider. Still very early. :D

User avatar
blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1347
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1854

Re: Let’s talk Donald Trump

Post by blackg » 10 months ago

yettee wrote:
10 months ago
But he doesn't say they are innocent. He says they're guilty.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-e ... na-n661941
The "evidence" against these kids was flimsy at best and was gathered under coercion and intimidation.
She packed my bags last night

User avatar
Hairblues
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 936
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1678
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Re: Let’s talk Donald Trump

Post by Hairblues » 10 months ago

blackg wrote:
10 months ago
The "evidence" against these kids was flimsy at best and was gathered under coercion and intimidation.
And many people in NY questioned the interrogation that was always on local news and in newspapers (we didn’t have political 24/7 cable news)
bUT when reports of her taking stand came out it was emotionally impactful even though we never saw it or her the court reporting of her was really descriptive and sad. As a witness she had no memory, and in retrospect it must have been a psychological ploy of prosecutors
It’s a miracle she survived. She was brain damaged I think.
( not sure it might have been Gulianni, he was prosecutor before he was mayor and was kind of shameless. If you watch bonfire of the vanities they parody him and also Sharpton— they use different names but those are who the characters are supposed to be based on. He was always greasy.)

User avatar
rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1144
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1257
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Re: Let’s talk Donald Trump

Post by rclark » 10 months ago

I can't even make this up.

Here's the link: https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-praise ... 03177.html

User avatar
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1477
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 3653
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: Let’s talk Donald Trump

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 10 months ago

rclark wrote:
10 months ago
I can't even make this up.

Here's the link: https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-praise ... 03177.html
I think that part of it is Trump trolling, and part of it is the train toward fascism.

I'm not sure if Trump will give up power if he loses the next election.

User avatar
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1477
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 3653
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: Let’s talk Donald Trump

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 10 months ago

Sometimes I see one thread title on the forum main page and one inside the actual thread.

Is it due to someone starting a thread, and @Admin moving it to a thread in which it fits?

User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1733
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 3778
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Head & Shoulders caffeine shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling
Location: Belgium
Age: 29
Contact:

Re: Let’s talk Donald Trump

Post by Admin » 10 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
10 months ago
Sometimes I see one thread title on the forum main page and one inside the actual thread.

Is it due to someone starting a thread, and @Admin moving it to a thread in which it fits?
No, here it's just rclark putting a new title for his post so it does that :p.

User avatar
Hairblues
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 936
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1678
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Re: Let’s talk Donald Trump

Post by Hairblues » 10 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
10 months ago
I think that part of it is Trump trolling, and part of it is the train toward fascism.

I'm not sure if Trump will give up power if he loses the next election.
How would he have a choice?

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests