England and Wales birthrate hits 80-year low

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: England and Wales birthrate hits 80-year low

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 3 months ago

I think that what most of us want is for @That Guy to get better. In the past year, he's really degenerated and is now consuming fantasy full time, ironically like those video game players that he projects hate onto.

We know what many of his talents are. His verbal IQ is high, he can make an effort on research, he has a good sense of humour, etc. He is also young, good looking, tall, and kept most of his hair. He can live a good life and it would be tragic if he squandered it. I, and I think everyone here, wants him to get better.

I have told him that I am available for PM discussions if he wishes to go back to school, for example. I mean it. It's really sad to watch it. I've liked thousands of his posts. I think that what he should do is first of all seek help. Second, he should consider letting his identity back into the world. He has previously written that as a teenager he smoked pot, played music, skated, had long hair, etc, I forget the exact details. Indulgences and vices are part of human nature, and on some level necessary. Right now, he's coping from that loss by posting 4chan memes on hairloss sites at 400am.

It is important to make an allowance for indulgences. I like to cook, work out, eat, study history, play video games, etc. If I tried to get rid of that, and pretended to be a machine, I would end up coping in some nonsensical and toxic way. Same for everyone else.

But in the meantime, he should show consideration of others who don't want to spend 24/7 discussing neo-Nazis mythology. He doesn't need to make 90% of the threads here about his new beliefs. He doesn't need to sidetrack every discussion. A single thread would be enough. He's being inconsiderate to the rest of the community.

Added in 6 minutes 57 seconds:
blackg wrote:
3 months ago
I just don't like the idea of being tied down by a wife
You sure?
PhD in Internalized Incelism.

"I do still post to criticise others" - Rudiger.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day, Nizoral every other day

Post by Admin » 3 months ago

pas wrote:
3 months ago
I admire that you don't submit to the fear of social suicide, and personally know how difficult it is to resist that fear. I also like the fact you don't want to close the door on posters. I also don't think there is some evil (the only one I know is EvilLocks and she is an Angel). I actually don't judge anyone here. I don't ask for anyone to be banned. I value a lot of users with whom I deeply disagree. It's actually hard not to like most of them. I also am not a naïve who think there is some safe place ("safe haven" is actually your claim not mine :))
I just think limits are everything. And some things are too much. That's what I am saying.

But I understand you don't have ressources and may not entirely draw the limits where I draw them.
Thanks for being clear.
Believe me I get what you're saying, you probably missed what was discussed during the early days of the forum by a member who was toying around with extreme ideas, most people here could guess who he is. I won't link the thread but it was really one of the debates that will make the most libertarian person out there go pepe-sweating . And I had many moments like that, you can see a few members urging me to censor every now and then in that thread.

Well one of the last PM that person sent me was about how he was going to meet Jordan Peterson (one of the public figures who saved me from the extremist hell I could have fallen into), I guess he delved deeper and deeper into his ideas, integrated them and eventually left the forum. I went through the same process, back in the days when HairlossTalk was like a bubble of free speech on an increasingly censored internet. God knows pre-2017 Fred has written a lot of awful stuff :p. Part of the healing process was realizing my own stupidity and biases by putting it out there and letting you guys tell me how much of an idiot I was.

The thread in question ended up sinking deep (despite it having been the most popular one for a while) into the depths of the forum, and in the end, no human being was harmed, quite the opposite. I know the processes I tried to implement here, like this relative laisser faire are very counter-intuitive, but I deeply believe in them, partly because I've seen them work first-hand, for myself and others, and partly because they're a fundamental part of my Christian faith. Despite all that, I still have my moments of doubts, it's inevitable :).
"Along the way some boys started making fun of him by shouting, “Go away, baldy! Get out of here!” Elisha turned around and stared at the boys. Then he cursed them in the name of the Lord. At once two bears ran out of the woods and ripped to pieces 42 of the boys." - 2 Kings 23-24

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Shaving

Post by Arjen » 3 months ago

That Guy wrote:
3 months ago
A real man prefers a real woman; a feminine woman.
Even I do. :smirk:

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day, Nizoral every other day

Post by Admin » 3 months ago

Arjen wrote:
3 months ago
Even I do. :smirk:
With Kermit voice:

"It depends on what you mean by feminine."

Submissive is not it.

Or rather, a woman will only submit to a man who would give his life to protect her. Sounds fair enough?

If you think a woman owes you puppy-like "feminine" submission just cause, you got something wrong.

And a good woman is also one who will show you the wrath of mother nature if you're being a fool. A "real" man will listen.
"Along the way some boys started making fun of him by shouting, “Go away, baldy! Get out of here!” Elisha turned around and stared at the boys. Then he cursed them in the name of the Lord. At once two bears ran out of the woods and ripped to pieces 42 of the boys." - 2 Kings 23-24

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Shaving

Post by Arjen » 3 months ago

Admin wrote:
3 months ago
Or rather, a woman will only submit to a man who would give his life to protect her. Sounds fair enough?
I've witnessed many women submit to men as long as they get their dick. That's even happened to me, and ironically it wasn't the women I would give my life for to protect them at all.