New US policy allowing quick deportations

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
Post Reply
pjhair
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 500
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1449

Re: New US policy allowing quick deportations

Post by pjhair » 3 weeks ago

yettee wrote:
3 weeks ago
Interesting that the American frequent posters here seem to be a lot more positive about immigration and the idea of accepting refugees than everyone else.
I am not sure who your comment was directed at but I can give you my perspective. If you read my post above, I have made it clear that I have no issues with refugees who are genuinely escaping persecution. However I despise the widespread fraud that is prevalent in refugees and asylum seekers. I also dispute the claim that migrants in general are escaping "torture". It's quite simply false. Many migrants are motivated by economic reasons.
yettee wrote:
3 weeks ago
Am curious, why do citizens of other countries care so much about the immigration policy, presidential tweets, etc. in the US?
I am a US citizen so of course I feel heavily invested and want the policies that are best for the nation. Other posters on the forum are probably facing similar issues in their own countries and are angry at liberal/left elites for continuously calling them "racists" and "bigots" for speaking against lunatic immigration policies. That's just my speculation though. I will let them speak for themselves.

User avatar
yettee
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 262
Joined: 11 months ago
Reputation: 730
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Minoxidil

Re: New US policy allowing quick deportations

Post by yettee » 3 weeks ago

pjhair wrote:
3 weeks ago
I am not sure who your comment was directed at but I can give you my perspective. If you read my post above, I have made it clear that I have no issues with refugees who are genuinely escaping persecution. However I despise the widespread fraud that is prevalent in refugees and asylum seekers. I also dispute the claim that migrants in general are escaping "torture". It's quite simply false. Many migrants are motivated by economic reasons.

I am a US citizen so of course I feel heavily invested and want the policies that are best for the nation. Other posters on the forum are probably facing similar issues in their own countries and are angry at liberal/left elites for continuously calling them "racists" and "bigots" for speaking against lunatic immigration policies. That's just my speculation though. I will let them speak for themselves.
My post wasn't directed at anyone in particular. But you know, I didn't realize you're a US citizen. The way you've been discussed here by other poster(s), I thought you were just working there, lol. So certainly you're heavily invested and I don't include you in my general query about why non citizens seem so... emotionally involved with what happens in the US.

pjhair
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 500
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1449

Re: New US policy allowing quick deportations

Post by pjhair » 3 weeks ago

nameless wrote:
3 weeks ago
1. Immigrants trying to come to America do not have the power to corrupt their countries. It is the leaders of those countries that are doing the corruption, not the immigrants trying to escape to America.
That is simply NOT true. In third would countries, such as India, Nepal, Pakistan and many African countries, barring rare exceptions, EVERYONE, including the common man and women engages in corruption. The difference between top politicians and normal blue collar workers is that top politicians can engage in corruption at a bigger scale due power they wield. Corruption is DEEPLY rooted in the culture. In India for example, government jobs are highly sought after even though they pay considerably less than positions in large private-multinational corporations. The reason is that government jobs gives you power over people which means far more opportunities for bribes, embezzlement, etc. Common people who complain about having to pay bribes start asking for them as soon as they become a government officer.

Also, top politicians in those countries don't descend from heaven. They were common men once and are simply carrying the culture of corruption they grew up in. If third world countries want to fix things, citizens of those countries will have to look within themselves and come to terms with the real reason behind their misery which is their corrupt moral framework. NOT colonialism, slavery or the US.
nameless wrote:
3 weeks ago
4. And FYI the white nationalists here would vote to send you back to wherever you came from so they are not your friends. Their position is that you should not be in America. In their view, you should be deported by force back to your home.
I don't really care what white nationalists or anyone wants. I support policies that I think are in the national interest. Not because a particular group of people support them or those policies go against my own personal interest.

Also, even though I love the US and want the best for the country, I don't want to live here. I can't wait to go back to India as I miss my family immensely. Last year I spent a month there and simply loved it. However, unfortunately I can't just pack up and leave. I am in the middle of my masters and have invested a lot in the US. I am not even an Indian citizen anymore so I can't simply move there and get a job. Also, having spent all my professional life here, I am simply unfit to survive in Indian software industry work culture. I do have a plan though. My masters will be done in two years. I then plan to move to the country my brother lives in. The work culture in that county is closer to the US and I will be close to my brother and his family. He is working on opening a company in India. If that succeeds, there will be plenty of opportunity for us to move back to India.

I sometimes regret coming to the US. My friends and relatives who decided to stay back in India are doing really well. I don't think I would have liked the software industry in India but I could have easily chosen a different career that was suitable to me such as acting or could have become an entrepreneur(ALL of my relatives own their own firms). I have a nephew back in India who after graduating college became software engineer. However, he despised the field and switched to a different field in a couple of years. He is going great now.

Added in 13 minutes 14 seconds:
yettee wrote:
3 weeks ago
The way you've been discussed here by other poster(s), I thought you were just working there, lol. So certainly you're heavily invested and I don't include you in my general query about why non citizens seem so... emotionally involved with what happens in the US.
Those other posters probably don't consider me American enough because I was born in India :D :D . It's alright though, I don't really care if they consider me Indian or American. In a way I am both.

Added in 19 minutes 32 seconds:
I will just like to add that just because I say that people in third world countries engage in corruption, it doesn't mean I think they are horrible human beings. Corruption in those countries is prevalent in culture and hence why it's so widespread. If those same people were born in the US, they would probably behave differently. For example, none of the US government official of Indian or African descent has asked me for bribes. People really are product of their culture.

User avatar
yettee
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 262
Joined: 11 months ago
Reputation: 730
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Minoxidil

Re: New US policy allowing quick deportations

Post by yettee » 3 weeks ago

pjhair wrote:
3 weeks ago
Those other posters probably don't consider me American enough because I was born in India :D :D . It's alright though, I don't really care if they consider me Indian or American. In a way I am both.

Added in 19 minutes 32 seconds:
I will just like to add that just because I say that people in third world countries engage in corruption, it doesn't mean I think they are horrible human beings. Corruption in those countries is prevalent in culture and hence why it's so widespread. If those same people were born in the US, they would probably behave differently. For example, none of the US government official of Indian or African descent has asked me for bribes. People really are product of their culture.
For what it's worth, as a native-born American, I consider you 1000% American. I hope you stay and we need lots more Americans like you, to stay "great" and become even better. :) And it's obvious.

I completely agree with your last comment, and like you, having had the experience of living in more than one country, I know it to be absolutely true.

User avatar
JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 606
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1221
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Re: New US policy allowing quick deportations

Post by JLBB » 3 weeks ago

yettee wrote:
3 weeks ago
Interesting that the American frequent posters here seem to be a lot more positive about immigration and the idea of accepting refugees than everyone else.

Am curious, why do citizens of other countries care so much about the immigration policy, presidential tweets, etc. in the US? I get that the country has an outsize influence on what happens elsewhere, but still...? ICE is discussed here like it's operating all over the world. Someone licks an ice cream in Alabama and puts it back on the store shelf, it's not an international incident...?
Who are you referring to specifically? The sample size is minuscule and I don't even think that it aligns with your claim here. The people who are pro-immigrant quite frankly have zero understanding of the economic and social effects of the various facets of immigration they support. For example rclark talking about most illegal immigrants "tortured" in their own countries, its an emotional view, not a logical one. Or rclark suggesting America is as much or more a shithole country as Mexico because it has a large prison population, as if that's an even remotely reasonable argument.

I care moreso because they're the biggest, most influential and most important economy in the world, and the greatest influencer of culture. Australia is far closer to a social Democracy that has policies reflecting the views of the vast majority of people in the West. There are issues here of course particularly with energy policy, but they dwarf issues in the United States and are less interesting. Especially in alternate (Youtube,Twitter) media the US is the focus, even internationally.

The icecream licking has nothing to do with America, its an inflammatory incident that people would obsess over no matter where it happened. If all those people were licking ice cream in Australia, it would create the same effect and interest amongst people here. I'm not sure why you connect that with the political issues when its fundamentally a meme, memes being an international language.

User avatar
That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1122
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2132
Norwood: NW2.5

Re: New US policy allowing quick deportations

Post by That Guy » 3 weeks ago

What's most baffling about the USA, and shows how far the white race has fallen, is that it is the single most formidable military force on the planet. There are very few nations who could stand a chance of winning against them in a one-on-one fight and yet, all that anyone would have to do to conquer it, is put their people on the southern border, unarmed, and storm it whilst demanding asylum.

That is how batshit fucking crazy this all is. Via this tactic, the USA has gone from being the most powerful and prosperous nation ever, to being set to be Brazil 2.0 in less than a generation from now.
JLBB wrote:
3 weeks ago
For example rclark talking about most illegal immigrants "tortured" in their own countries, its an emotional view, not a logical one. Or rclark suggesting America is as much or more a shithole country as Mexico because it has a large prison population, as if that's an even remotely reasonable argument.
We can make an exception for rclark, but in most cases default to "Never assume stupidity where malevolence is adequate"

Most of these pro-immigrant people know exactly what the consequences are, and most of them either won't be affected by the fallout, will benefit from it, or both.

https://www.eurocanadian.ca/2018/05/pol ... ratic.html

nameless
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 475
Joined: 9 months ago
Reputation: 131
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

Re: New US policy allowing quick deportations

Post by nameless » 3 weeks ago

yettee wrote:
3 weeks ago
For what it's worth, as a native-born American, I consider you 1000% American. I hope you stay and we need lots more Americans like you, to stay "great" and become even better. :) And it's obvious.

I completely agree with your last comment, and like you, having had the experience of living in more than one country, I know it to be absolutely true.
Yea but if you are one of the extremist conservatives here then it won't matter if you're OK with pjhair being here if you send your goons out searching for people of foreign descent to forcefully deport. The enforcers of that policy, likely ICE, isn't going to call you before every forced deportation to give you a chance to over-rule it. If extremist right wingers get what they want, which is forcible deportation of any non-american person in the USA then pjhair will be kicked out of America and you won't be informed about it until he's gone and posts that he was forcefully deported from the US. But it will still be the doing of the extremist right-wingers and white nationalists.

User avatar
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1478
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 3655
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: New US policy allowing quick deportations

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 3 weeks ago

yettee wrote:
3 weeks ago
Interesting that the American frequent posters here seem to be a lot more positive about immigration and the idea of accepting refugees than everyone else.

Am curious, why do citizens of other countries care so much about the immigration policy, presidential tweets, etc. in the US? I get that the country has an outsize influence on what happens elsewhere, but still...? ICE is discussed here like it's operating all over the world. Someone licks an ice cream in Alabama and puts it back on the store shelf, it's not an international incident...?
Many of the policy discussions here are largely treated like a video game to many of the basement dwellers here. They don't interact with large numbers of people, they're not productive members of society, they have absolutely no education nor aptitude in science nor the humanities, so all they have left are a lofty sense of unearned self worth.

They discuss US government policy like we might discuss strategy in Sid Meier's Civilization -- completely divorced from any of the human reality that is affected by policies.

The fact is that when it comes to policy in the real world there are in fact sone human consequences. I'm dealing with the human consequences of Trump and the forty years of ideological BS that was a prelude to Trump. Infrastructure everywhere is dilapidated. People are afraid of drinking tap water. The airports are not efficient, with everything from bathrooms to power sockets frequently being out of order. The roads are congested more often than not. Slumlords keep large numbers of properties vacant to drive up the cost of rent. The temperature gets higher every summer. Meanwhile there's no shortage of money for tax cuts for millionaires.

I also live here and I know that the place would collapse with zero immigrants. From farms to food service to cleaning schools to professional medicine, immigrants do a lot of the hardest jobs. That is a visible reality to anybody who is living here and actually interacting with the world and not just posting on 4chan and listening to Rush Limbaugh and Ben Shapiro.

nameless
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 475
Joined: 9 months ago
Reputation: 131
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

Re: New US policy allowing quick deportations

Post by nameless » 3 weeks ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
3 weeks ago
Many of the policy discussions here are largely treated like a video game to many of the basement dwellers here. They don't interact with large numbers of people, they're not productive members of society, they have absolutely no education nor aptitude in science nor the humanities, so all they have left are a lofty sense of unearned self worth.

They discuss US government policy like we might discuss strategy in Sid Meier's Civilization -- completely divorced from any of the human reality that is affected by policies.

The fact is that when it comes to policy in the real world there are in fact sone human consequences. I'm dealing with the human consequences of Trump and the forty years of ideological BS that was a prelude to Trump. Infrastructure everywhere is dilapidated. People are afraid of drinking tap water. The airports are not efficient, with everything from bathrooms to power sockets frequently being out of order. The roads are congested more often than not. Slumlords keep large numbers of properties vacant to drive up the cost of rent. The temperature gets higher every summer. Meanwhile there's no shortage of money for tax cuts for millionaires.

I also live here and I know that the place would collapse with zero immigrants. From farms to food service to cleaning schools to professional medicine, immigrants do a lot of the hardest jobs. That is a visible reality to anybody who is living here and actually interacting with the world and not just posting on 4chan and listening to Rush Limbaugh and Ben Shapiro.
Glad to see you posting in this thread, my man.

And I agree with your point. America DOES need some immigrants even though some posters disagree with that idea. Some posters want every last person with less than 100% native blood forcibly deported. I'm glad to see you step up and display a different attitude. And you're African American, right? Well, if you are African American then of course you do have an interest in how all of this plays out in real life, right my man? I mean, if the idea that only 100% Native Americans should be in the US wins the day then you would be forcibly deported, right my man?
Last edited by nameless 3 weeks ago, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1478
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 3655
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: New US policy allowing quick deportations

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 3 weeks ago

nameless wrote:
3 weeks ago
But proliferate it did.

I see 5 pages actually, and that's after I put 2 posters on ignore so their posts aren't displayed for me.
Who did you put on ignore?

By the way I am not African American -- I am not American, I am Canadian. I live in the USA on a visa. It's easy for Canadians to work in the USA and vice versa. I am also not Black but brown, I really do not deal with racism in my own life, I am treated as a person by 99% of the people that I interact with.

ICE is a completely inefficient organization and should be abolished. The country obviously needs a border, but these people are wasteful and incompetent. The border camps cost $250,000/inmate/year. Their purpose is grift, not security.

nameless
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 475
Joined: 9 months ago
Reputation: 131
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

Re: New US policy allowing quick deportations

Post by nameless » 3 weeks ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
3 weeks ago
Who did you put on ignore?
JLBB and Rudiger.

Added in 4 minutes 49 seconds:
Afro_Vacancy wrote:
3 weeks ago
By the way I am not African American -- I am not American, I am Canadian. I live in the USA on a visa. It's easy for Canadians to work in the USA and vice versa. I am also not Black but brown, I really do not deal with racism in my own life, I am treated as a person by 99% of the people that I interact with.
Are you from Eastern or Western Canada?

To have 99% of Americans (in America) treat you well is a good thing, I think. Some Americans aren't treated well by other Americans so 99% is good.

Added in 2 minutes 29 seconds:
Afro_Vacancy wrote:
3 weeks ago
ICE is a completely inefficient organization and should be abolished. The country obviously needs a border, but these people are wasteful and incompetent. The border camps cost $250,000/inmate/year. Their purpose is grift, not security.
I had no idea the cost for ICE to incarcerate someone is $250,000 per inmate per year. That's epic wasteful. It would be cheaper to just give each of them $200,000 (the ones who would be incarcerated a year or longer) to turn around and never come back to America? They could live in Mexico like kings. They could put their $200,000 in a safe US investment and earn maybe 6% per year and live on that plus some part-time work forever.

User avatar
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1478
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 3655
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: New US policy allowing quick deportations

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 3 weeks ago

nameless wrote:
3 weeks ago
JLBB and Rudiger.

Added in 4 minutes 49 seconds:


Are you from Eastern or Western Canada?

To have 99% of Americans (in America) treat you well is a good thing, I think. Some Americans aren't treated well by other Americans so 99% is good.

Added in 2 minutes 29 seconds:


I had no idea the cost for ICE to incarcerate someone is $250,000 per inmate per year. That's epic wasteful. It would be cheaper to just give each of them $200,000 (the ones who would be incarcerated a year or longer) to turn around and never come back to America? They could live in Mexico like kings. They could put their $200,000 in a safe US investment and earn maybe 6% per year and live on that plus some part-time work forever.
$775/day/inmate, which is only a fraction of the total costs:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gq.com ... s-cost/amp

It's higher once you account for the fact that the ICE guards will get pensions for the next fifty years, that it costs money to actually build the facilities, etc.

nameless
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 475
Joined: 9 months ago
Reputation: 131
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

Re: New US policy allowing quick deportations

Post by nameless » 3 weeks ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
3 weeks ago
$775/day/inmate, which is only a fraction of the total costs:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gq.com ... s-cost/amp

It's higher once you account for the fact that the ICE guards will get pensions for the next fifty years, that it costs money to actually build the facilities, etc.
There has got to be another way. That's too much money. And it isn't even really working because more people are coming and you can't lock up everybody.

User avatar
blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1347
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1854

Re: New US policy allowing quick deportations

Post by blackg » 3 weeks ago

nameless wrote:
3 weeks ago
Glad to see you posting in this thread, my man.

And I agree with your point. America DOES need some immigrants even though some posters disagree with that idea. Some posters want every last person with less than 100% native blood forcibly deported. I'm glad to see you step up and display a different attitude. And you're African American, right? Well, if you are African American then of course you do have an interest in how all of this plays out in real life, right my man? I mean, if the idea that only 100% Native Americans should be in the US wins the day then you would be forcibly deported, right my man?
Listen to you, ass licking Afro_Vacancy because you mistakenly think he is an African American.
He is not afro American, he is a jewish Palestinian.

Added in 2 minutes 36 seconds:
Afro_Vacancy wrote:
3 weeks ago
It's higher once you account for the fact that the ICE guards will get pensions for the next fifty years, that it costs money to actually build the facilities, etc.
If they do their job effectively then they should get pensions for life.
Ringo, said the gringo

nameless
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 475
Joined: 9 months ago
Reputation: 131
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

Re: New US policy allowing quick deportations

Post by nameless » 3 weeks ago

blackg wrote:
3 weeks ago
Listen to you, ass licking Afro_Vacancy because you mistakenly think he is an African American.
He is not afro American, he is a jewish Palestinian.
He already told me he is not African American so you're a day late and a dollar short, moron.

So shut up and continue kissing the asses of the posters who want you to be forcefully deported to the land or your origin.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest