TV channels hiring female football commentators

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Shaving

Post by Arjen » 2 years ago

I was listening to one of them during a World Cup game on a German TV channel yesterday. Not good, not good at all. Her feeling for the game, assessment of fouls and situations, then this attempt at playing with a deep voice like a man would. But I‘m sure she was the best candidate for the job and it was not about the channel showing open-mindedness in the hope of gaining reputational points.
Last edited by Admin 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Try to give more info and context, especially in the title.
Even afro has seen the women I've dated and can affirm that they arent 3s or 4s.

Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, hope.

Post by Admin » 2 years ago

They did the same at the BBC:

https://www.bbc.com/news/education-44553707

Yes, apparently, this is newsworthy, and probably not forced at all. Forced to meet the diversity quotas. Diversity, inclusivity, equity. Neomarxism at its finest. They must be thinking that they're good people doing the right thing and standing up to the Western patriarchy that's always actively prevented women from becoming sports commentators, and that told and taught little girls that they couldn't play or like football.

What a load of crap. The other day, I got deleted on Facebook by a girl I knew from university. She works at the BBC so I knew what I was getting into. I told her that the photo of the child in a cage that was circulating was taken at a protest for migrant rights. She told me "you ignorance is embarrassing" and then deleted me.

Those people are part of a cult, or rather an ideology that won't accept any nuance of dissenting views and will deny the most basic reality. Of course I was right about the child in the cage, but it didn't matter, I saw leftists on Facebook say "OK maybe the picture wasn't real, but I'm sure it happens all the time!" And it's because of Donald Trump of course. Nevermind that those policies were put in place under Obama either. Hypocrites.
:christian-cross: Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Norwood: NW3.5
Regimen: Alcohol coping mechanism

Post by blackg » 2 years ago

I support legal immigration to the United States only.
Every Western nation has the right to implement border control policies, for obvious reasons.... we are an attractive destination and uncontrolled arrivals cause too much strain on local amenities/resources.

As far as female sports commentators go.. I prefer only to see them at pre-game, halftime and full-time.
the road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom (but just say no)

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Admin wrote: 2 years ago They did the same at the BBC:

https://www.bbc.com/news/education-44553707

Yes, apparently, this is newsworthy, and probably not forced at all. Forced to meet the diversity quotas. Diversity, exclusivity, equity. Neomarxism at its finest. They must be thinking that they're good people doing the right thing and standing up to the Western patriarchy that's always actively prevented women from becoming sports commentators, and that told and taught little girls that they couldn't play or like football.

What a load of crap. The other day, I got deleted on Facebook by a girl I knew from university. She works at the BBC so I knew what I was getting into. I told her that the photo of the child in a cage that was circulating was taken at a protest for migrant rights. She told me "you ignorance is embarrassing" and then deleted me.

Those people are part of a cult, or rather an ideology that won't accept any nuance of dissenting views and will deny the most basic reality. Of course I was right about the child in the cage, but it didn't matter, I saw leftists on Facebook say "OK maybe the picture wasn't real, but I'm sure it happens all the time!" And it's because of Donald Trump of course. Nevermind that those policies were put in place under Obama either. Hypocrites.
It’s often baffling how actually better, more elaborated, but less mainstream-/ apparently less “Gutmensch”-thoughts are discarded as uncivilized (or something along those lines), and completely unreflectingly so.

I’d really be curious as to how (if at all) Switzerland is perceived by from you guys abroad. Many seem to depict as as xenophobic- while still enjoying their comfy lives here, of course. Maybe we are a tad less wonkish about being super correct about everything than the Germans for example, but we are still so fucking welcoming and accommodating in my view.

Take the “Doppeladler”-incident. Two players with parents from Kosovo celebrate in honour of their roots. What does the Swiss captain do? He does the same. It’s how integration is supposed to work, right, we adapt to the people coming to our country and who are more dominant as immigrants already, imagine their attitude and expectations if we were to be immigrants in their territory and environment.

Now there are always the debates as to who sings the national anthems. To me it’s fine, if somebody is not the type to sing. However, in some cases it’s just so obvious that they’d be extremely emotional playing for their parents’ country (you could see that in the emotions of the two players who scored for Switzerland against Serbia) and would be all too happy to sing with passion – if only their national team was strong enough for a lucrative career-path.

Then take Mesut Özil: not a guy who strikes me as a player who takes pleasure and pride in singing a national anthem. He’d do it if playing for Turkey though, I’m convinced: the pressure (speaking of “dominance”) of expectations would simply be too strong, pressure other countries would never exhibit, and if so, it’d lead to Facebook posts like the one you mentioned.
Even afro has seen the women I've dated and can affirm that they arent 3s or 4s.

Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, hope.

Post by Admin » 2 years ago

Arjen wrote: 2 years ago It’s often baffling how actually better, more elaborated, but less mainstream-/ apparently less “Gutmensch”-thoughts are discarded as uncivilized (or something along those lines), and completely unreflectingly so.

I’d really be curious as to how (if at all) Switzerland is perceived by from you guys abroad. Many seem to depict as as xenophobic- while still enjoying their comfy lives here, of course. Maybe we are a tad less wonkish about being super correct about everything than the Germans for example, but we are still so fucking welcoming and accommodating in my view.

Take the “Doppeladler”-incident. Two players with parents from Kosovo celebrate in honour of their roots. What does the Swiss captain do? He does the same. It’s how integration is supposed to work, right, we adapt to the people coming to our country and who are more dominant as immigrants already, imagine their attitude and expectations if we were to be immigrants in their territory and environment.

Now there are always the debates as to who sings the national anthems. To me it’s fine, if somebody is not the type to sing. However, in some cases it’s just so obvious that they’d be extremely emotional playing for their parents’ country (you could see that in the emotions of the two players who scored for Switzerland against Serbia) and would be all too happy to sing with passion – if only their national team was strong enough for a lucrative career-path.

Then take Mesut Özil: not a guy who strikes me as a player who takes pleasure and pride in singing a national anthem. He’d do it if playing for Turkey though, I’m convinced: the pressure (speaking of “dominance”) of expectations would simply be too strong, pressure other countries would never exhibit, and if so, it’d lead to Facebook posts like the one you mentioned.
What was the name of the far-right guy with a ponytail in Switzerland again? I can't believe I wrote a paper about him and his party in university, actually being critical of his position, leftist academia would have destroyed my paper if I defended them even a little. It was made clear to us that we were supposed to think that their position was bad, and that they were just nazis. This was in 2012 though, and I was still a naive leftist to an extent at the time. The truth is, the West is the most tolerant place on earth, and the Muslim immigrants have abused our hospitality, but the people of Europe are clearly waking up and saying "enough!".

Emmanuel Macron was the last exception to that rule, the next French government will most likely be far-right too. We have elections in October in Belgium and the results are going to drive the leftist insane (even more than they are today), they'll write articles after articles explaining how we're all racist in Belgium and we don't know what's good for us, how we gave the nazis even more power, etc. Those people are out of touch with reality, the other day, I saw an article about them being proud of having 40000 people protesting against our 'fascist' (that's right) government and 1000 academics on their side. Wow! Is that what you think democracy is?

Just wait for it, they're soon going to declare our democracies illegitimate and say that we shouldn't let people vote if they're going to elect a fascist regime, something like that. Only voting on the left is acceptable, even the far-left, if you don't, you're just a stupid racist bigot.
:christian-cross: Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Admin wrote: 2 years ago What was the name of the far-right guy with a ponytail in Switzerland again? I can't believe I wrote a paper about him and his party in university, actually being critical of his position, leftist academia would have destroyed my paper if I defended them even a little. It was made clear to us that we were supposed to think that their position was bad, and that they were just nazis. This was in 2012 though, and I was still a naive leftist to an extent at the time. The truth is, the West is the most tolerant place on earth, and the Muslim immigrants have abused our hospitality, but the people of Europe are clearly waking up and saying "enough!".

Emmanuel Macron was the last exception to that rule, the next French government will most likely be far-right too. We have elections in October in Belgium and the results are going to drive the leftist insane (even more than they are today), they'll write articles after articles explaining how we're all racist in Belgium and we don't know what's good for us, how we gave the nazis even more power, etc. Those people are out of touch with reality, the other day, I saw an article about them being proud of having 40000 people protesting against our 'fascist' (that's right) government and 1000 academics on their side. Wow! Is that what you think democracy is?

Just wait for it, they're soon going to declare our democracies illegitimate and say that we shouldn't let people vote if they're going to elect a fascist regime, something like that. Only voting on the left is acceptable, even the far-left, if you don't, you're just a stupid racist bigot.
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oskar_Freysinger

Pretty good-looking guy :).

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Admin wrote: 2 years ago The truth is, the West is the most tolerant place on earth
This!

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1mg topical, topical Progesterone 2% (topical only, Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 1 year ago

Arjen wrote: 2 years ago I was listening to one of them during a World Cup game on a German TV channel yesterday. Not good, not good at all. Her feeling for the game, assessment of fouls and situations, then this attempt at playing with a deep voice like a man would. But I‘m sure she was the best candidate for the job and it was not about the channel showing open-mindedness in the hope of gaining reputational points.
Maybe she's a lesbian. That would explain her deep voice. There's something about lesbianism,
I don't know what it is. My wife watches Rachel Madison (CNN''s liberal lesbian). Although she's kind
of flat in the upper half, I want to grope her for some reason.

There's one way to tell. If she plays basketball, her "dike scale" gets higher.

And who knows, maybe she "worked" her way into her job. By that, I mean doing "extra" things
in the locker room.

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Finasteride, RU58841, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » 1 year ago

rclark wrote: 1 year ago Maybe she's a lesbian. That would explain her deep voice.
No it's not that they actually have deep voices, it's that they mimic having a deep voice but it obviously doesn't work.

There's better examples out there but you can hear how she tries to go an octave deeper at times and it just sounds pathetic. As a YouTube comment said, it's like a child imitating actual commentators, it sounds like really false enthusiasm as well.

But female commentators deliberately do this across the board, why? Because the alternative is to sound like they actually are, which they know is even fucking worse. There is no solution to this or anything they can do, they just simply shouldn't be doing it. Nobody wants to fucking hear it.

Piers is actually like the cuckg of the media world, you never know what irrational virtue signalling stance he'll take next.

But in this clip Jason Cundy is simply stating what we all know. The woman "debates" him by saying "but we have choices in music just like how we need choices in football commentary" but we don't have a choice, they put a fucking female voice over a football game we want to see, how is that a choice? How are we even able to express that it's unwanted? So illogical and insulting to everyone's intelligence.

And if you really want people to choose, then they will, and this will be the result:
jt (1).jpg
jt (1).jpg (44.14 KiB) Viewed 5971 times
A real choice would be the old BBC red button option, where you could literally turn the commentary off and just hear the crowd.

It's actually just struck me that this hasn't been an option for like a decade.... Say, that YouTube video of the first female commentary is from 2007, right? Interesting...

Typical BBC.
Look, fat...

Guest-3
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by Guest-3 » 1 year ago

Arjen wrote: 2 years ago I’d really be curious as to how (if at all) Switzerland is perceived by from you guys abroad. Many seem to depict as as xenophobic- while still enjoying their comfy lives here, of course. Maybe we are a tad less wonkish about being super correct about everything than the Germans for example, but we are still so fucking welcoming and accommodating in my view.
When I was in India, Switzerland had the impression of being the most beautiful country on earth where rich people go for vacation.It was reputed to be a paradise. At least that's how it was depicted in Indian movies. Every poor to middle class Indian had a dream of becoming rich and then vacationing in Switzerland. That was true of Indian's raised in eighties and nineties. I am not sure what the current generation thinks as I don't live there anymore.

In the US, I have never really heard of anyone mentioning Switzerland or having a desire to visit there. But my social circle lies mostly in Oklahoma and Texas. I am not sure how Ameicans living in other states think.
Trump 2020

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Norwood: NW3.5
Regimen: Alcohol coping mechanism

Post by blackg » 1 year ago

pjhair wrote: 1 year ago

In the US, I have never really heard of anyone mentioning Switzerland or having a desire to visit there. But my social circle lies mostly in Oklahoma and Texas. I am not sure how Ameicans living in other states think.
How do you feel about the Second Amendment, pj?
the road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom (but just say no)

Guest-3
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by Guest-3 » 1 year ago

blackg wrote: 1 year ago How do you feel about the Second Amendment, pj?
Gun control is not a topic that I spend time thinking about. I find it really uninteresting. However, the ease with which one can obtain guns in America does look bizarre to me. I really don't think people here need so many guns.
Trump 2020