Debunking the Big Bang theory

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: Debunking the Big Bang theory

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 2 months ago

Admin wrote:
2 months ago
Fundamentalist Christians, I'm catholic ;) .
What did you think of the Pope changing the wording of the Lord's Prayer?

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Head & Shoulders caffeine shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling

Post by Admin » 2 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
2 months ago
I agree with the change, it's much more coherent with the Christian's conception of God, that he wouldn't be the one tempting us with evil, but the one who had to power to prevent us from going astray.

Xexos wrote:
2 months ago
Would you like me to recommend them so you can check for yourself ?
Thanks for the suggestion but I just have no time to consecrate to this sort of thing. I know most of the conspiracy rabbit hole thanks to my cousin.

At a point, you hit a wall, even though you guys have the right intuitions, there's no need to dispense with science. Orthodox Christians (as opposed to fundamentalists) solve this problem by using hiearchies of values:

For us, for me, religious truth comes before scientific truth in the hierarchy but doesn't negate it.

:alex-jones:

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Xexos wrote:
2 months ago
You can't really prove this, it's just another assumption or a different form of conspiracy theory. Those pictures are of NASA and no one gives enough shit to photoshop something and accuse NASA of being fake as 99% of people will still reject it and ridicule or insult the person who pointed it out. Also oceans can't change colors to that extreme, it's just impossible unless water have similar traits to a camaeleon somehow and also sizes of continents changing is also beyond impossible.

I mean seriously, how can you believe a bullshit like that to be real ? It's just way beyond me
Lots of people give enough a shit to photoshop NASA images. There's clearly an entire ecosystem of people online who are obsessed with discrediting NASA. I'm giving you a simple task: find a photo directly from NASA's website that is clearly photoshopped in its use of cloud patterns. Anyway, you won't find one.

By the way another proof of the roundness of the Earth is that of time zones. If you get on an airplane and travel either east or west by a large distance, you'll notice that the time on clocks at the airport where you land is different from the time on your watch. For example, the time in Egypt right now is shifted by 9 hours relative to the time where I am now. That is due to the Earth being round, and Egypt and California are separated by roughly 9/24*360 ~ 135 degrees of longitude.

Xexos
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Finasteride 1.25 MG ED .. Tea Tree Shampoo 3x a week

Post by Xexos » 2 months ago

yettee wrote:
2 months ago
You don't need NASA photos to see satellites, you can see them yourself naked eye if you're in a dark enough place. I do astronomy with a big telescope and I've seen dozens of satellites. They're all over the place, and they are very easy to distinguish from airplanes or anything else. With a little luck it's easy to get a photo of the ISS as well.
https://www.paulschmitphotography.com/A ... -dhBf78V/A
I actually believe that satellites do exist, but not in the way that it's widely believed.

Anyways, thanks for the useful information, i'm going to research it.

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by blackg » 2 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
2 months ago
What do you mean? Is it now more inclusive?
Ringo, said the gringo

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Admin wrote:
2 months ago
Thanks for the suggestion but I just have no time to consecrate to this sort of thing. I know most of the conspiracy rabbit hole thanks to my cousin.
Does your cousin know how famous he is on this site?
Ringo, said the gringo

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

blackg wrote:
2 months ago
Does your cousin know how famous he is on this site?
Yes, he's said before that he could register here and school us all about the truth, blind fools that we are.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Xexos wrote:
2 months ago
Making fun of it doesn't make the truth any less true, it's just a defense mechanism as i explained before. Truth doesn't fear investigation. You're only fooling and blinding yourself here, and no one can really save you from this except yourself. I found enlightenment when i knew the truth and my depression almost disappeared and my life has been getting much better since i began to understand myself, my existence, the world, the truth and breaking free from the chains of deception and ignorance.

You're your own worst enemy.
You're not wrong about symbolic structures, just wrong about trying to make them fit scientific accounts of the material world, and that's why you end up sound like Alex Jones, if he would be religious that is.

Also it doesn't help to call everyone that doesn't think like you regarding all this ignorant. The burden to convince others is on you, and if you can't do it, ask yourself if you even you understand what you're trying to preach here, and most importantly, what's your goal exactly?

The reason you can live into those beliefs you have is because they don't really matter, you can live in that bubble because none of those beliefs will make you hit a wall, as long as you keep them to yourself.

Start preaching that around you in real life and you're bound to drive people away from you. Do you talk about all this at university? Will you talk about it the day you get a job?

Xexos
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Finasteride 1.25 MG ED .. Tea Tree Shampoo 3x a week

Post by Xexos » 2 months ago

Admin wrote:
2 months ago
You're not wrong about symbolic structures, just wrong about trying to make them fit scientific accounts of the material world, and that's why you end up sound like Alex Jones, if he would be religious that is.

Also it doesn't help to call everyone that doesn't think like you regarding all this ignorant. The burden to convince others is on you, and if you can't do it, ask yourself if you even yourself understand what you'te trying to peach here, and most importantly, what's your goal exactly?

The reason you can live into those beliefs you have is because they don't really matter, you can live in that bubble because none of those beliefs will make you hit a wall, as long as you keep them to yourself.

Start preaching that around you in real life and you're bound to drive people away from you. Do you talk about all this at university? Will you talk about it the day you get a job?
materialism is just an illusion to trap humans and rip them out of their freedom. We have souls and we're absolutely not worthless sacks of meat setting on a spinning ball going to nowhere. We're not insignificant or unimportant as they try to make us believe. Everyone of us is special, we were meant to exist and we're not accidents or a result of a coincidence, there're no coincidences actually.

And i have evidence for everything i claim, there's literally no reason to believe in something that has no evidence, you know that i'm not stupid enough to do that, and i do list the evidences when it comes to every point i made.

I'm not living in a bubble by the way because everything you believe now, i used to believe for 18 years until my eyes have been open to the truth. I have no reason to believe this if it's not true as i told you and i just care about two things, knowing the truth and being free. Actually it would be much easier to believe what everyone believes to be able to fit better and relate to others, it takes courage to admit that you're not believing in something just because you're told to believe it or just because everyone else believes it, and it takes dedication and freedom to be able to think for yourself and realize the truth on your own.

I don't care about driving people away from me, i'm not here to please anyone else and i don't wanna be a popular social butterfly at the cost of the truth and my freedom.

And yes, i have no problem talking about this in real life, no one can force me to believe in something that is not true just to follow the herd as a total mindless zombie unable to think for himself.

I'am free.

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 2 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
2 months ago

FYI, there is a very simple reason why all large bodies such as the Earth, the moon, the Sun, Jupiter, etc are round: A spherical object will have approximately the same gravity at every point on its surface.

That makes two predictions. The first prediction is that a rapidly rotating object will be larger along the equator than along the axis perpendicular to the equator -- and indeed, the Earth is slightly oblate. The radius to the equator is slightly longer than the radius to the north and South Pole. The planet Saturn, which rotates very rapidly, is 10% smaller along its poles than along its equator.

The second prediction is that "mountains" should be proportionately larger on smaller bodies. They are.

In contrast, it is expected that the mountains on a neutron star are no greater than 1 millimeter, if I recall correctly. And black holes cannot have long-lived mountains.
I understand the math behind gravity, but I don't understand the part of rotating, and having the center part expanded.

Could you please explain that to me.

I actually do understand Keppler's math on gravity (although it's not really that hard to understand). I don't understand
they why, just the how.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

rclark wrote:
2 months ago
I understand the math behind gravity, but I don't understand the part of rotating, and having the center part expanded.

Could you please explain that to me.

I actually do understand Keppler's math on gravity (although it's not really that hard to understand). I don't understand
they why, just the how.
Rotation is due to conservation of angular momentum, which exists independently of gravity.

In the absence of friction, a spinning object will keep on spinning, forever.

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
2 months ago
Rotation is due to conservation of angular momentum, which exists independently of gravity.

In the absence of friction, a spinning object will keep on spinning, forever.
But what causes angular momentum? And what exactly is it?

On an unrelated note:
I think my penis gets a form of angular momentum if I'm lazy with my masturbation technique.
Ringo, said the gringo

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
2 months ago
Emmy Noether showed that all conservation laws are associated with symmetries.

Angular momentum conservation is due to rotational symmetry. Energy conservation is due to symmetry between past and future. And so on.
Thanks, that clears it up.
Ringo, said the gringo