IQ is pseudoscience that doesn't mean anything

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
Post Reply
User avatar
Exodus
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Posts: 191
Joined: 9 months ago
Reputation: 376
Norwood: NW6
Regimen: nothing

Re: IQ is pseudoscience that doesn't mean anything

Post by Exodus » 6 days ago

pjhair wrote:
6 days ago
People who shits on streets in India are suffering from so much poverty that they don't have access to bathrooms. They usually live in poor, dirty slums with no sewer or supply of water. Richer Indians who have bathrooms don't go out and shit on streets. They never have and never did. So when you make fun of Indians because they shit on streets, you are actually making fun of Indians because they are poor. So should you make fun of people for being poor? I think no.What is your answer?
Why don't they street shit in Africa then? Like why not just do it behind a bush or dig a hole

User avatar
pjhair
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 427
Joined: 10 months ago
Reputation: 1195

Re: IQ is pseudoscience that doesn't mean anything

Post by pjhair » 6 days ago

Exodus wrote:
6 days ago
Why don't they street shit in Africa then?
I don't know. Visit Africa and find out if you are curious. Perhaps situation in Africa is not as bad as slums in India. I can only tell you the reason behind a situation X in India. Not why a situation Y which is not X exists in Africa. Unlike you and some other forum members who are "experts" on Africa, IQ, world culture, race, religion, etc., I possess little knowledge of Africa. What I do have is knowledge and understanding of India and can explain why things are the way they are in the country.
Exodus wrote:
6 days ago
Like why not just do it behind a bush or dig a hole
They do. In country side where there is enough space, that's exactly what they do. Do yourself a favor and visit those slums in India to truly know and understand what you are talking about. You will see millions of people living in an area of just a few square kilometers. Often families of 5 to 6 people living in a tiny room. There is absolutely no space to dig a hole. Bushes in those slums are non-existent.

Next time you have an urge to spout out an insult for any race, country, religion, make sure you truly know and understand what you are talking about. Otherwise you come across as a hateful, ignorant, moron.

User avatar
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1083
Joined: 10 months ago
Reputation: 2739
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: IQ is pseudoscience that doesn't mean anything

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 6 days ago

That Guy wrote:
6 days ago
Image
You have absolutely no understanding of what models are presented in this graphic, what they mean, what the measurement precision is, what group-finding algorithm is used, what a group-finding algorithm even is, and whether or not any of it supports or negates any of your points.

That PhD in molecular biology from the University of 4Chan? Consider getting a real education, or just accept that you don't know shit.
That Guy wrote:
6 days ago
It's called "white nationalism" or "pan-european nationalism" for a reason. I do not know in real life or online, nor have I ever seen, anyone who is arguing what you're saying who is taken seriously by any other nationalist. Slavs don't need to flood Britain either, but they don't pose any cultural or racial threat. Certainly not in the way non-European ethnic groups do. Turks being counted among non-european ethnic groups.
:facepalm:

Here's some (recent) reality:

BNP uses Polish Spitfire in anti-immigration poster
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politi ... oster.html

Sessions Said FBI Should Hire Irish 'Drunks'
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ar-BBTCNHN

Northern versus Southern Italians
To me, southerners are like the Jews were to Hitler, and should be placed in ovens

https://www.thelocal.it/20140731/woman- ... n-italians

Admittedly, intra-European racism is now relatively dormant as there's a common outside enemy for anybody addicted to the hate drug, but don't worry, historical patterns will easily and quickly re-assert themselves the instant that such an outside enemy is hypothetically dealt with.

User avatar
Exodus
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Posts: 191
Joined: 9 months ago
Reputation: 376
Norwood: NW6
Regimen: nothing

Re: IQ is pseudoscience that doesn't mean anything

Post by Exodus » 6 days ago

(((Afro_Vacancy))) :sick:.

Also afro you're just giving ad hominems. Not even addressing the graph that @That Guy posted.

User avatar
That Guy
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 773
Joined: 10 months ago
Reputation: 1837
Norwood: NW2.5

Re: IQ is pseudoscience that doesn't mean anything

Post by That Guy » 6 days ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
6 days ago
You have absolutely no understanding of what models are presented in this graphic, what they mean, what the measurement precision is, what group-finding algorithm is used, what a group-finding algorithm even is, and whether or not any of it supports or negates any of your points.

That PhD in molecular biology from the University of 4Chan? Consider getting a real education, or just accept that you don't know shit.



:facepalm:

Here's some (recent) reality:

BNP uses Polish Spitfire in anti-immigration poster
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politi ... oster.html

Sessions Said FBI Should Hire Irish 'Drunks'
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ar-BBTCNHN

Northern versus Southern Italians
To me, southerners are like the Jews were to Hitler, and should be placed in ovens.
https://www.thelocal.it/20140731/woman- ... n-italians.

Admittedly, intra-European racism is now relatively dormant as there's a common outside enemy for anybody addicted to the hate drug, but don't worry, historical patterns will easily and quickly re-assert themselves the instant that such an outside enemy is hypothetically dealt with.
Yes, the "hate" drug. By that you mean the "we think that maybe european/white countries should be for white, european people and maybe we don't have to justify our existence."

Your examples are really weak to your point, and the one is 10 years old. They also exemplify the anti-white sentiment that's been present in Britain for years.

"I mean how would the Polish people feel if their government started letting in millions of Vietnamese and letting them work for three bowls of rice a day."

Gee, I don't know man — I imagine it'd be like how an increasing amount of English people feel about London being 51% not white, not English people taking all the jobs, killing and raping their women and children, and breeding out the English and white phenotype altogether.

Yes, the Poles are clearly the bigger issue than all the rabid Muslims and shit now RUNNING London! Talk about priorities. It shows how thoroughly fucked up the traitors in the UK parliament have been for a long time.

In your other examples, the first got charged for being an idiot who is like "north italy is better than south, so there" and he was from Lega, thus proving even the most nationalist ruling (they may as well be the ruling party) thinks intra-european racism is retarded. Your other example was Jeff Sessions being like "Irish are drunks" which is a stereotype that is true a whoooole lot less, and a lot better than "Somalis rape people a lot".

Like, I again support "No more brother wars", like every white nationalist, but if we can go back to our biggest concern with immigration is "Fuckin' Poles won't speak English" or "God damn Irish and their whiskey", that's 10,000x better than what we have now which is: "Dye your hair dark so maybe you won't get raped by a somali or muslim who have 4 kids each to our 1.3, stay out of the no go zones, stay away from the Christmas markets, and don't say anything about them online or you'll get arrested."
Afro_Vacancy wrote:
6 days ago
You have absolutely no understanding of what models are presented in this graphic, what they mean, what the measurement precision is, what group-finding algorithm is used, what a group-finding algorithm even is, and whether or not any of it supports or negates any of your points.

That PhD in molecular biology from the University of 4Chan? Consider getting a real education, or just accept that you don't know shit.
Yeah, I do. Consider trying to stop kikin' the goyim for once.

You can go ahead and look this up. The charts will all show you the same thing. Scientific facts here: R1, N, I1 and 2 Y-DNA and H (plus a couple others) account for the maternal mitochondrial DNA of Europeans; found in the absolute highest concentrations among European ethnic groups. Your ass will be mostly J1 and some version of E. I assume your maternal lineage will be K, as that is the maternal DNA of most Jewish women. Either way, none of the combos result in a white person.

Ethnic Greeks have the highest non-european paternal lineage, E1 haplogroups, the North Africans, and even then it only tops out at about 30% average.

I don't know why it bothers you, though — all those J and E ethnic groups and countries are apparently just wonderful, so why are you so offended at the suggestion that maybe that's where you belong?

User avatar
JLBB
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 428
Joined: 9 months ago
Reputation: 898
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Re: IQ is pseudoscience that doesn't mean anything

Post by JLBB » 6 days ago

rclark wrote:
6 days ago
This is still a debate going on to this day, believe it or not. When I had my kids, over one decade ago, two doctors
nurses had completely opposite medical opinions on this. They also worked for the same hospital as well.

One thing I noticed, this might seem hair related, but it really isn't.

When I visit "middle class" colleges, for my kids, men who are in my age group, same race, are suffering from hair loss at a much higher rate than more wealthier colleges.

I really don't understand why that is.

What are your thoughts about that?

The difference, in my own opinion, is huge. We are talking about white men in their forties who are Norwood five and six, versus
Norwood threes/fours in their forties.

Is it because they cannot afford medical treatment for hair? Or is it because there value system is different?

I'm really serious about this. I'm not making this up.
"When I visit "middle class" colleges, for my kids, men who are in my age group, same race, are suffering from hair loss at a much higher rate than more wealthier colleges."

I have seen the same thing, also after moving to a wealthier city. Most likely intelligent people are in careers and positions in which their appearance is of greater importance, they're better at problem solving, diagnosing personal issues and more conscious of image in general. The reality is that for the vast majority of patients finasteride doesn't give sides and provides long term maintenance. Likely a significant number around the place putting it to good use. Obviously wealthier people also in a better position to opt for the transplant/hairpiece route also.

User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1541
Joined: 10 months ago
Reputation: 3357
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Adenosin shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling
Location: Belgium
Age: 29
Contact:

Re: IQ is pseudoscience that doesn't mean anything

Post by Admin » 6 days ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
6 days ago
You have absolutely no understanding of what models are presented in this graphic, what they mean, what the measurement precision is, what group-finding algorithm is used, what a group-finding algorithm even is, and whether or not any of it supports or negates any of your points.

That PhD in molecular biology from the University of 4Chan? Consider getting a real education, or just accept that you don't know shit.



:facepalm:

Here's some (recent) reality:

BNP uses Polish Spitfire in anti-immigration poster
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politi ... oster.html

Sessions Said FBI Should Hire Irish 'Drunks'
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ar-BBTCNHN

Northern versus Southern Italians
To me, southerners are like the Jews were to Hitler, and should be placed in ovens

https://www.thelocal.it/20140731/woman- ... n-italians

Admittedly, intra-European racism is now relatively dormant as there's a common outside enemy for anybody addicted to the hate drug, but don't worry, historical patterns will easily and quickly re-assert themselves the instant that such an outside enemy is hypothetically dealt with.
You know I love your arguments most of the time, but something that you do that doesn't sit well with me is (still) using media sources as if there was not now a consensus among reasonable people that they're utter pile of far left propaganda. Some people will argue that one can sift through the BS to find articles and journalists that aren't contaminated. I strongly disagree with approach, for me it's more, you lie to me three times, you've lost my trust forever, and that's how I view the mainstream media now.

Postmodern neomarxist propaganda has infiltrated and ruined my favorite movies and video games too, and I heard a lot of people make the same argument, "just enjoy the nuggets of actual story between the propaganda!", well no, that's why I've never seen The Last Jedi despite being a Star Wars fan boy. Recently I played Life is Strange, and being from 2014, it had almost no leftist propaganda, it was a video game like they made them before, with, you know, an actual story. Now hey apparently drowned the sequels in SJW propaganda, will I play them and exhaust myself separating the wheat from the chaff? Of course not, they've tried to play games with me (they'll say it's not propaganda but muh progress), and they've lost my trust. It's over.

All this to illustrate my point: we know that the mainstream media lies almost all the time, that they're now propaganda outlets at the hands of the far left, the list of events they've made up and parasitic ideas they've promoted is endless now: the Kavanaugh lunacy, the Convington kids, Jussie Smollett, Russian collusion, sex is a social construct, masculinity is toxic, we should always believe women, etc. etc. So that brings me to the question: what does it take to lose your trust Afro? Why do you keep giving credit to those sources? It's over. I believe our world has to be built on trust and truth, not largely conscious deception and lies in order to gain power.

Other than using fraudulent sources (yes let's keep some consistency in my thoughts here), the problem above is that you try to find racism where there is little to none these days to justify how it's the same than blindly hating Muslims, which is something I can understand although not condone. Most people out there are not that smart, but at the same time, they're not that stupid, you follow me? As they're lied to about the effects of Muslim immigration by the media, they see the opposite happening in their daily life, so they bite, and they often spout their racist hatred, which gets worse every time self-deluded leftists come at them saying they're just hateful and stupid, instead of, you know, telling the truth, which is not: "show me your sources, your stats, how do you know that the increase of rapes in Sweden is due to immigration from Muslim countries?! You just hate Muslims!"

I'll close with my usual Christiancel (yeah, some ideas/memes get developed on the Discord chat :) ) thoughts: history doesn't repeat itself, despite the chaotic age we're living, one thing we can all agree on (well, maybe not,) is that the world is getting better. I believe that's because the world is properly set up so that good is way more powerful than evil. In history, patterns emerge and reemerge and each time, the same story is played out: the good old battle between good and evil. Not the misunderstood nazis who thought they had it right and whose intentions were valid vs. allies whose values were just arbitrary and won because they had more material resources or whatever.

All this to say that no, the French aren't going to war against the Germans again any time soon. The world has changed, for the better, and our future battles will be different. The far left is getting out of control and the far right (as you can see with That Guy) can't help themselves, they have to play that stupid game again, and they're the ones who are crying the loudest for a return to tribalism, they're the ones in positions of power in the media, in activist movements, in universities, in HR departments, in the movie industry, in the video game industry, constantly poking at not only the right, but now even people on the center left. Make no mistake, destruction and chaos is their goal, and they're eventually going to get it.

My strategy will be: fight them by all reasonable means you have at your disposal, do what's right, no matter how small, That Guy will see that as standing on the side-lines, and maybe you'll see that as doing nothing as the far right rises again. A storm is coming, and if we want to ride it out, we'll have to at least make sure we don't make it even worse, which I've inevitably been guilty of even very recently, doing something as simple as provoking a colleague by saying the world was getting better. Yes you read that right, you say that today, you're a fucking punk dissident. I knew it would piss him off and that's why I said it, even though it's the truth, and it shouldn't be use to hurt other people.

You'll also notice that I'm barely engaging That Guy, because at this point, he's so far gone I wouldn't even know where to start, it's the same with the state of social media, you see so much nonsense that these people (far left and far right) would just make you drown if you tried to address it all. But thank you for trying anyway, my advice would be, when you do it, ask yourself: "Am I making things worse, am I increasing the likelihood that he will retreat even more in his far right ideology?" Because that's what's inevitable when you roll out the ad hominems and call him clueless.

User avatar
That Guy
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 773
Joined: 10 months ago
Reputation: 1837
Norwood: NW2.5

Re: IQ is pseudoscience that doesn't mean anything

Post by That Guy » 6 days ago

Admin wrote:
6 days ago
You'll also notice that I'm barely engaging That Guy, because at this point, he's so far gone I wouldn't even know where to start, it's the same with the state of social media, you see so much nonsense that these people (far left and far right) would just make you drown if you tried to address it all. But thank you for trying anyway, my advice would be, when you do it, ask yourself: "Am I making things worse, am I increasing the likelihood that he will retreat even more in his far right ideology?" Because that's what's inevitable when you roll out the ad hominems and call him clueless.
You and I are basically the same, it's just that Jordan Peterson has successfully done what he set out to do on you: Gatekeep.

You see the problems. You know the talking points. You know they're real and not just in your head. You know something should be done, but just as you're about to cross over into the "Maybe our structure of modern society is antithetical to how humans actually are, maybe it's not working, and maybe I'll have to be "racist" to fix it." territory, you back down. Because you've been told to.

Case in point: You're anti-tribalism. Not because you have ever offered an explanation why you shouldn't be, tribalism is what is DEFEATING the west as the imported migrant hordes prove because they still have it, you haven't offered any proof that you yourself have escaped it aside from having "a muslim best friend", and so on. Your reasoning, near as I can tell, appears to be "Because Jordan Peterson says it's bad identity politics that make you Hitler somehow."

You are aware of all the neo-marxist subversion, but when it's brought up that a different ethnic group with a very strong tribal sense is at the fore of this subversion, you suddenly start praising a minority group as untouchable. You offer nothing in retaliation when faced with any evidence, straight from the mouth of jews, other than to just deny that it's a real thing, and resort to the same deflection that the left does when faced with Muslim violence or whatever else. This is worse than being a bystander, because I promise you, that when people are about to actually fix most of Europe, they'll be called "anti-semites" left and right (they already are), because jews are at the top of that pyramid whether you can accept it or not, and you'll not only not do anything — you'll find yourself standing against your own people.

But I'm not convinced that you really believe any of those things. I think that Jordan Peterson has got you so convinced that his ideology is so virtuous and good, and you lived by this code for years now, that you don't want to accept that you've been conned as this policy of "white solidarity bad" fails miserably, repeatedly and violently before your very eyes.

Image

What does it take to lose your trust?

Nationalism is a one-way ticket. Once you see the truth of things, there's no coming back. That's why they call it "the red pill". I've tried to convince myself numerous times "Judge by the individual, not the group" or "It's just a coincidence so many of these people are jews", "Maybe we all can get along after all", "Maybe this is just confirmation bias" etc and time and time again, things just keep happening that prove it all to be a farce. Every day, more and more things around me show that: Race is not a social construct; society is a racial construct.

For you, this only ends two ways: Either you wind up on the side of the globalists and neo-marxists to combat "racism" and "hate", or

Image

User avatar
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1083
Joined: 10 months ago
Reputation: 2739
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: IQ is pseudoscience that doesn't mean anything

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 6 days ago

Exodus wrote:
6 days ago
Afro_Vacancy))) .

Also afro you're just giving ad hominems. Not even addressing the graph that @That Guy posted.
@pjhair is likely the only poster on this forum who has an understanding of group-finding algorithms that is sufficient to critically interpret what went into that graph.

Case in point here:
That Guy wrote:
6 days ago
Yeah, I do. Consider trying to stop kikin' the goyim for once.

You can go ahead and look this up. The charts will all show you the same thing. Scientific facts here: R1, N, I1 and 2 Y-DNA and H (plus a couple others) account for the maternal mitochondrial DNA of Europeans; found in the absolute highest concentrations among European ethnic groups. Your ass will be mostly J1 and some version of E. I assume your maternal lineage will be K, as that is the maternal DNA of most Jewish women. Either way, none of the combos result in a white person.

Ethnic Greeks have the highest non-european paternal lineage, E1 haplogroups, the North Africans, and even then it only tops out at about 30% average.
You have demonstrated my points for me: You have absolutely no understanding of what goes into these models and their outputs. I talk about 23andme, etc with a lot of actual scientists, a lot of people get the tests taken for fun, but everybody immediately understands that there's going to be a lot of uncertainty in the models, because we understand how mathematical models work and often don't work. (Educated) people ask, for example, how far back the models go in time. Do they assume the association between race and geography today, of 200 years ago, of 1,000 years ago? All of them would give completely distinct answers.

People understand that as your assumption that race-mixing was invented 50 years ago is not something that anybody of sound mind actually believes. Races have been mixing for as long as there have been races. Since you love debating Stan you might notice at some point that the question of the "race" of the ancient Egyptians is unresolved -- that is a perfect example.

"Group-finding" is a non-trivial mathematical problem that generally has no closed-form solution and no ideal solution. This shows up quite clearly in this case in the exact expected manner: one derives different groupings depending on whether or not they use mitochondrial DNA or the Y-chromosome, both of which are incomplete descriptors of a person as they are missing the other 45 chromosomes, the microbiome, epigenetic expression, and you know, culture.

Since you are obsessed with Jewish people, you might notice that different researchers get completely different answers as to the ancestry of Jewish people. For example, this study:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3806353/
A substantial prehistoric European ancestry amongst Ashkenazi maternal lineages
Finds that "the great majority of Ashkenazi maternal lineages" of Ashkenazi maternal lineage are from Europe. They authors -- who unlike yourself can do science to save their lives -- are finding a different result than the ones that you quote. That will be completely unsurprising to anybody with a clue -- group-finding within a 30,000-dimensional space will be inherently uncertain and approximate.


Added in 6 minutes 45 seconds:
Here's a picture of some Jewish people, they all have identical genetics:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

I don't need to kick you, you're an uneducated conspiracy theorist with a severe case of Dunning-Krueger effect. What you need is intensive psychiatry, which you are not going to get. As such, you are only going to get worse, and are at risk of blowing yourself up.

Once you end up in the news, the police will find your posts here. Who knows, that may be why you have never posted photos of yourself, perhaps you are are planning for that in advance to protect Fred. But I'll have you know that if I hear of a terrorist attack that blows up a daycare or a hospital ward in Calgary or in Redmonton, one of the first things that I'll do is come to this site to see if you have stopped posting.

Added in 21 minutes 12 seconds:
Admin wrote:
6 days ago
You know I love your arguments most of the time, but something that you do that doesn't sit well with me is (still) using media sources as if there was not now a consensus among reasonable people that they're utter pile of far left propaganda. Some people will argue that one can sift through the BS to find articles and journalists that aren't contaminated. I strongly disagree with approach, for me it's more, you lie to me three times, you've lost my trust forever, and that's how I view the mainstream media now.

Postmodern neomarxist propaganda has infiltrated and ruined my favorite movies and video games too, and I heard a lot of people make the same argument, "just enjoy the nuggets of actual story between the propaganda!", well no, that's why I've never seen The Last Jedi despite being a Star Wars fan boy. Recently I played Life is Strange, and being from 2014, it had almost no leftist propaganda, it was a video game like they made them before, with, you know, an actual story. Now hey apparently drowned the sequels in SJW propaganda, will I play them and exhaust myself separating the wheat from the chaff? Of course not, they've tried to play games with me (they'll say it's not propaganda but muh progress), and they've lost my trust. It's over.

All this to illustrate my point: we know that the mainstream media lies almost all the time, that they're now propaganda outlets at the hands of the far left, the list of events they've made up and parasitic ideas they've promoted is endless now: the Kavanaugh lunacy, the Convington kids, Jussie Smollett, Russian collusion, sex is a social construct, masculinity is toxic, we should always believe women, etc. etc. So that brings me to the question: what does it take to lose your trust Afro? Why do you keep giving credit to those sources? It's over. I believe our world has to be built on trust and truth, not largely conscious deception and lies in order to gain power.

Other than using fraudulent sources (yes let's keep some consistency in my thoughts here), the problem above is that you try to find racism where there is little to none these days to justify how it's the same than blindly hating Muslims, which is something I can understand although not condone. Most people out there are not that smart, but at the same time, they're not that stupid, you follow me? As they're lied to about the effects of Muslim immigration by the media, they see the opposite happening in their daily life, so they bite, and they often spout their racist hatred, which gets worse every time self-deluded leftists come at them saying they're just hateful and stupid, instead of, you know, telling the truth, which is not: "show me your sources, your stats, how do you know that the increase of rapes in Sweden is due to immigration from Muslim countries?! You just hate Muslims!"

I'll close with my usual Christiancel (yeah, some ideas/memes get developed on the Discord chat :) ) thoughts: history doesn't repeat itself, despite the chaotic age we're living, one thing we can all agree on (well, maybe not,) is that the world is getting better. I believe that's because the world is properly set up so that good is way more powerful than evil. In history, patterns emerge and reemerge and each time, the same story is played out: the good old battle between good and evil. Not the misunderstood nazis who thought they had it right and whose intentions were valid vs. allies whose values were just arbitrary and won because they had more material resources or whatever.

All this to say that no, the French aren't going to war against the Germans again any time soon. The world has changed, for the better, and our future battles will be different. The far left is getting out of control and the far right (as you can see with That Guy) can't help themselves, they have to play that stupid game again, and they're the ones who are crying the loudest for a return to tribalism, they're the ones in positions of power in the media, in activist movements, in universities, in HR departments, in the movie industry, in the video game industry, constantly poking at not only the right, but now even people on the center left. Make no mistake, destruction and chaos is their goal, and they're eventually going to get it.

My strategy will be: fight them by all reasonable means you have at your disposal, do what's right, no matter how small, That Guy will see that as standing on the side-lines, and maybe you'll see that as doing nothing as the far right rises again. A storm is coming, and if we want to ride it out, we'll have to at least make sure we don't make it even worse, which I've inevitably been guilty of even very recently, doing something as simple as provoking a colleague by saying the world was getting better. Yes you read that right, you say that today, you're a fucking punk dissident. I knew it would piss him off and that's why I said it, even though it's the truth, and it shouldn't be use to hurt other people.

You'll also notice that I'm barely engaging That Guy, because at this point, he's so far gone I wouldn't even know where to start, it's the same with the state of social media, you see so much nonsense that these people (far left and far right) would just make you drown if you tried to address it all. But thank you for trying anyway, my advice would be, when you do it, ask yourself: "Am I making things worse, am I increasing the likelihood that he will retreat even more in his far right ideology?" Because that's what's inevitable when you roll out the ad hominems and call him clueless.
1) A part of the reason for the cope that "we should just sift through the BS" is that if we eliminate all dishonest media then we end up with almost nothing left. There's a very small number of media sources that I trust, and by trust I don't mean that they get everything right, I mean that if they make a mistake I'm comfortable assuming that it's an honest mistake. Those few media sources are few and far between and they do not cover a lot of ground between them. They do not have the necessary resources to cover most general news.

By the way, I think that you should watch The Last Jedi not as a fan but as an intellectually curious critic. Its artistic value is minimal, but it has great cultural value as a sort of museum piece that is representative of our times. The most positive thing about that movie is that it can stimulate good discussion.

2) Yes, a storm is coming. I've been consistent on that for a while. I expect that the storm will include racism. That is because within most of American and also European history, racism has often been more violent and more aggressive in periods of economic distress. There are various reasons why that might be but I think that they're pretty obvious. As it is, the economy in the USA is no longer serving the middle class well at all, wages are declining in real terms, and practices such as fraud and planned obscolescense are becoming a lot more widespread. There are no politicians willing to do anything. Given that environment, I expect things to get ugly.

A lot of the leftists that I know think that Trump is some sort of historical anomaly. I disagree. As bad as they think things are now, and many of them are aghast by the deviation from normalcy, things will get far worse if the underlying issues are not resolved. And nobody's interested in resolving them.

3) Coddling That Guy is not going to help him either. Honestly, the only thing that can really help him is if he himself recognizes that he needs help, but that is unlikely as he considers himself an elite intellectual expert on all subjects. There's no reaching out to somebody like that.

There is also value in calling things out as they are -- he genuinely has no clue. Though he's said many ignorant things, the moment at which that realization crystalized for me was when he wrote that Hitler having economic successes in the period 1933-1939 was a secret of history. That's really one of the dumbest fucking claims that I've seen on the internet. How far gone does somebody need to be to make that claim?

Added in 54 minutes 56 seconds:
Edited to add: @Admin , about France and Germany no longer going to war with one another, it is true that we are extremely unlikely to see those two countries ever fight another war, that doesn't mean that they will not engage in another struggle.

1) You did pick two allies but not all "white"-majority countries are allies. As recently as the 1990s, Tony Blair and Bill Clinton bombed the living daylights out of the former Yugoslavia. They did so to "promote freedom and democracy", as in they murdered a lot of people and lowered living standards in what were beautiful and historic countries. I suspect that the reason that they did so was that they believed that it would be easier to subjugate Eastern Europe if they fragmented it politically as much as possible. At the time, the actions in the Balkans had near-universal support among both the left and the right.

As we speak, there is a credible possibility of war against Russia. You might recall that this was the reason that I feared Hillary Clinton. I think that large swaths of the American left would support a war against Russia at this point -- they don't seem to realize how catastrophic it might be. In that sense, Russiagate has been a success. There is now a new enemy to destroy.

War against Iran is another possibility. Contrary to what many people think, Iran is not an Arab country, it's arguably the whitest country in the region. It doesn't really matter that they're very White in this context -- large segments of the population are convinced that they're alien, and in politics, perception trumps reality.

That's just today. We might have a different framework of alliances in 100 years.

2) You might recall that at the peak of the PIIGS/austerity debate from a few years ago, many commentators were joking (half-joking) that Angela Merkel was succeeding where Hitler had failed. She was subjugating Europe to be under German control, and in that case that meant Portugal, Spain, Ireland, Italy, and Greece, coincidentally countries whose peoples which have historically been treated as less white. Merkel was using political instruments rather than military instruments, but the end result is similar: political and economic control, which can mean an effect on lives at the end. "Austerity" is well-documented to have an effect on life expectancy.

You might well respond with "austerity !!! pay your bills !!!" etc, but the reality is that austerity is only ever applied in one direction. The citizens of Greece were asked to suffer for having taken out loans that they could not repay, but there was no possibility of German banks suffering for giving out loans to suspect clients. If they give bad loans, they get a government bailout. There's actually an incentive for them to give out bad loans. Given that the morality of the system as currently applied is asymmetric, it is not viable to appeal to morality.

User avatar
rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1006
Joined: 10 months ago
Reputation: 1080
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Re: IQ is pseudoscience that doesn't mean anything

Post by rclark » 5 days ago

JLBB wrote:
6 days ago
"When I visit "middle class" colleges, for my kids, men who are in my age group, same race, are suffering from hair loss at a much higher rate than more wealthier colleges."

I have seen the same thing, also after moving to a wealthier city. Most likely intelligent people are in careers and positions in which their appearance is of greater importance, they're better at problem solving, diagnosing personal issues and more conscious of image in general. The reality is that for the vast majority of patients finasteride doesn't give sides and provides long term maintenance. Likely a significant number around the place putting it to good use. Obviously wealthier people also in a better position to opt for the transplant/hairpiece route also.
It is true. After visiting several colleges for my son, the difference in Norwood levels is huge. I'm talking about Norwood six and five, versus
four and three. Although I am not really a four, but I am between a three and a four. Had I not treated my hairloss, or treated at a later age,
the Norwood five/six would have been the trajectory for me.

I'm really not sure why that is. There definitely is a big difference every college I go do.

User avatar
That Guy
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 773
Joined: 10 months ago
Reputation: 1837
Norwood: NW2.5

Re: IQ is pseudoscience that doesn't mean anything

Post by That Guy » 5 days ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
5 days ago
Just more jewish bullshit
You know what a white person is, I know what a white person is, we all do.

They are not mixed, in any significant quantity, with anything but each other.

User avatar
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1083
Joined: 10 months ago
Reputation: 2739
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: IQ is pseudoscience that doesn't mean anything

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 5 days ago

That Guy wrote:
5 days ago
I know
Based on your forum posts, you don't know much of anything related to either of the physical or social sciences.

User avatar
That Guy
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 773
Joined: 10 months ago
Reputation: 1837
Norwood: NW2.5

Re: IQ is pseudoscience that doesn't mean anything

Post by That Guy » 5 days ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
5 days ago
Based on your forum posts, you don't know much of anything related to either of the physical or social sciences.
Right. Let me put it this way, based on your forum posts:

You are a Moroccan-Jew, born in Canada. You have had no problem uprooting yourself from your family and moving to Australia, the USA, and any other white country. And you have complained on forums about "white privilege" and white people every step of the way. When you are asked "Well, why don't you just move to Morocco or something to get away from it? Those countries could use smart guys like you." You refuse to answer that because you know that your ancestral homes are shit, and they are because the people who inhabit them make it so. You retort with the usual way your people do, and insist that the person arguing you is just: Mentally-ill, racist, stupid, etc. for suggesting you are not the same as they are and maybe don't belong. Then you try and use obscurantism on scientific concepts to cloud the otherwise clear differences between ethnic groups/races to suggest you aren't different after all; but you don't explain why mice born in stables are just the same as horses while you're at it. One would think, following this logic/doublethink, that you'd consider yourself guilty of "white privilege" given that you are: More successful in career, academics, and probably IQ than many white people you live among.

But you don't. Instead, you demand we capitulate to foreigners like yourself and denounce any who suggests we shouldn't as a racist nutcase.

That is all anyone needs to know about you and your political opinions, and why they shouldn't trust a word you say.

User avatar
pjhair
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 427
Joined: 10 months ago
Reputation: 1195

Re: IQ is pseudoscience that doesn't mean anything

Post by pjhair » 5 days ago

That Guy wrote:
5 days ago
You are a Moroccan-Jew, born in Canada. You have had no problem uprooting yourself from your family and moving to Australia, the USA, and any other white country. And you have complained on forums about "white privilege" and white people every step of the way. When you are asked "Well, why don't you just move to Morocco or something to get away from it?
I don't want to answer for Afro however it's kind of unfair of you to ask him to move to Morocco. Afro was born and raised in the west. He is culturally a westerner. It will be really hard for him to move to a country like Morocco that is entirely different from the west. You pointed out that he had no problem moving to Australia or the USA but those countries are culturally very similar to Canada. That's not the case with Morocco.

I on the other hand was born and and raised in India. So even though I am an American, I have no issues with moving to India. In fact that's something I intend to do at some point as I miss my family and feel very lonely in the US. Also, I don't really believe white privilege exists in the US.

User avatar
That Guy
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 773
Joined: 10 months ago
Reputation: 1837
Norwood: NW2.5

Re: IQ is pseudoscience that doesn't mean anything

Post by That Guy » 5 days ago

pjhair wrote:
5 days ago
You pointed out that he had no problem moving to Australia or the USA but those countries are culturally very similar to Canada. That's not the case with Morocco.
Yes...that's very interesting.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests