CaptainForehead wrote: ↑
2 months ago
I did not know this, thanks.
Why wasn't the plan simply killing them with bullets as they were, well, in Russia/Ukraine?
The holocaust actually started in that manner, it's called "The holocaust by bullets", and they killed roughly a million Jews that way, at locations such as Babi Yar.
However, genocide isn't something that comes naturally to human beings. It would be even worse for Germany, which at the time was arguably the most enlightened and philosophically and scientifically advanced society on Earth. It was being reported up to Himmler that German soldiers were developing depression and going crazy from being forced to slaughter people. It was at risk of undermining the German army from the inside. Overtime, they decided to shift to killing methods that would separate the killers from their victims, in order to reduce guilt and to reduce depression. They started by hooking up cars/trucks to garages (nowadays, people commit suicide in that manner), but that wasn't going to be efficient. They eventually converged on gas chambers as an efficient means to kill millions of people relatively quickly while not getting their hands dirty, and also to have those people work manual labour in the meantime. At Auschwitz, they actually had a lot of the Jewish inmates complete a lot of the work, for example, cleaning up the dead bodies and burying them. Prioritizing the mental health of Germans and German soldiers was a priority.
So there's a valuable lesson here. It's actually not very easy to get a modern population to commit a genocide. It requires an infrastructure, both physical and ideological, in order to assuage people's guilt.
Separately, I would appreciate it if you not respond to any of my posts, and you not tag me, and you not private message me.
That Guy wrote:If Churchill had fucked off, WW2 would've been a quick Polish-German war, Hitler would've recovered the territories lost by the Versailles treaty that left tons of ethnic Germans trapped outside its borders in Austria and shit. Who rejoined willingly and happily. It'd have been no different than Putin taking back Crimea, or Belarus now in talks to rejoin, today.
This is what happens when easily impressionable people get all of their information from Stormfront and 4Chan. On the one hand you say that no holocaust happened, on the other hand you list the reasons why Hitler was "right" to kill the Jews. Your ontology switches from one sentence to the next.
With respect to your dumbass paragraph:
- Poland is not German. It would be wrong to stand by as the Poles, 35 million people, were exterminated. The world was also aghast at the unnecessary war crime of the punitive bombing and burning of Warsaw.
- Hitler had conquered all of Czechoslovakia prior to world war II, including the territories that were not ethnically German.
- Winston Churchill was not Prime Minister when World War II started, that was Chamberlain, who was hoping for more time to re-arm the United Kingdom.
- They didn't just use France, Belgium, the Netherlands, and Luxembourg as launching grounds, they actually punished those countries, which undermines your comical theory of the benevolent Nazis. When the Germans were defeated in France, Hitler ordered his general to burn Paris to the ground. The General refused.
- Italy and Japan were taking over territory in Africa and Asia, in the long-term that threatened the United Kingdom's supply lines.
- Hitler was completely clear in all of his writings, he wanted to annihilate the soviet population. That's 170 million. He hated the Slavic peoples. In his pseudoscience, slavic people were inferior to Aryans. His main priority was the annihilation of the people there in order to set up lebensraum
, "living space" for German peoples. The idea was that German people would take over that land as Anglo Saxons did Australia and North America.
- If Hitler had succeeded and murdered 170 million soviet citizens as you wanted him to, war between the US/UK and Germany would have come at a later point, probably after nuclear weapons were developed. London and Berlin would no longer be on the map.
- In general, preventing Germany from conquering Russia has long been part of UK foreign policy. Halford Mackinder (a famous man that you have never heard of) mentions it in his writings. Some ~110 years ago, prior to Hitler and Churchill, he said that this represented one of the great threats to the UK and US, along with Japan conquering China.
It's worth stating that human history is an incredibly long, detailed, and complex story, it's arguably the greatest story available. People who want to understand it better should go watch, listen to, and study, a variety of sources, from a variety of countries, both sources that tell them what they want to hear and sources that tell them what they don't want to hear. You have not done so, and that is why you have never had an original insight into history and politics. All you post are memes, cliches, delusions, and more memes.
My general recommendation is that people start learning math by memorizing the numbers up to 100, that they start learning literature by memorizing the alphabet, and that they start learning history by reading a standard textbook on the history of western civilization. It's important to know the basics first. What That Guy is doing is skipping all of the introductory steps and jumping straight to whichever source tells him what he wants to hear, which is contributing to his derangement and his illusory world view. The fact is that true learning will be difficult and uncomfortable. And sometimes, there's a lot of information and a lot of contributing factors.