Supergirl - The war against white men

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
That Guy
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW2.5

Re: Supergirl - The war against white men

Post by That Guy » 2 months ago

blackg wrote:
2 months ago
Okay, thanks. Well I agree with her. Too many white male interviewers only look at female performers as sex objects, and interview them accordingly.
A black male would obviously put this distraction aside and just interview the subject in a gender neutral, non sexual context.

This is a great idea, and long overdue.
Your trolling is getting worse and too obvious

pjhair
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Post by pjhair » 2 months ago

blackg wrote:
2 months ago
I tried to Google it but got nothing.
Are you sure you're not making a mountain out of a molehill?
I am surprised you didn't find it as there are tons of videos on youtube covering it. But here you go, straight from the horses mouth.

I was especially angered when she said "I don't need a 40 year old white dude to tell me what didn't worked for him about a wrinkle in time". Imagine if she had instead said "I don't need a 40 year old black man to tell me what didn't work for him". I despise SJW's like her and hence I will never watch a movie in which she is the lead.It's a shame though as I really enjoy Marvel movies.

Studios need to stop hiring these brainless SJW's who don't know when to keep their mouths shut and lack self awareness to realize that a large segment of population find their behavior cringe worthy. CW DC shows pull the same crap but at least the actors don't run around making racist statements like the idiot Brie Larson. Hence I find them likeable.

CaptainForehead
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW7
Regimen: Avoid mirrors and other reflective surfaces

Post by CaptainForehead » 2 months ago

pjhair wrote:
2 months ago
I am surprised you didn't find it as there are tons of videos on youtube covering it. But here you go, straight from the horses mouth.

I was especially angered when she said "I don't need a 40 year old white dude to tell me what didn't worked for him about a wrinkle in time". Imagine if she had instead said "I don't need a 40 year old black man to tell me what didn't work for him". I despise SJW's like her and hence I will never watch a movie in which she is the lead.It's a shame though as I really enjoy Marvel movies.

Studios need to stop hiring these brainless SJW's who don't know when to keep their mouths shut and lack self awareness to realize that a large segment of population find their behavior cringe worthy. CW DC shows pull the same crap but at least the actors don't run around making racist statements like the idiot Brie Larson. Hence I find them likeable.

Full clip:
https://variety.com/video/brie-larson-c ... s-critics/

Yes, she should have frame that sentence differently, but unlike feminists, her speech did not come across as tearing white men down or hating on white men.

People should stop being whiny little bitches. :bald:

Also: I am noticing that the articles are putting their own spin on it on the article titles. Like in the one I posted: Watch Brie Larson’s Speech Calling for More Critics of Color. No fake news, she was calling for more female critics of color.

Aside: so someone has ocd. The capitalisation on the thread's title has been changed. :think:

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Adenosin shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling

Post by Admin » 2 months ago

CaptainForehead wrote:
2 months ago
Aside: so someone has ocd. The capitalisation on the thread's title has been changed. :think:
Didn't you get the memo? I like order, conformity, uniformity, I'm Nazi Fred.

Seriously though, it's in the rules, I mean the guidelines ;):

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=139
Admin wrote:
9 months ago
For the sake of uniformity and legibility, do not put all the first word letters in capitals. I reserve myself the right to modify the title of your thread to suit those rules.

CaptainForehead
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie

Admin wrote:
2 months ago
Didn't you get the memo? I like order, conformity, uniformity, I'm Nazi Fred.

Seriously though, it's in the rules, I mean the guidelines ;):

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=139
Dear God man, no other forum I've been to has such a rule :lol:

Since you like uniformity, I should point out that the text next to prince whatshisame does not follow that rule. Nor do the subforum titles. You might want to change that. Just saying :trolling:

Added in 2 minutes 46 seconds:
blackg wrote:
2 months ago
Okay, thanks. Well I agree with her. Too many white male interviewers only look at female performers as sex objects, and interview them accordingly.
A black male would obviously put this distraction aside and just interview the subject in a gender neutral, non sexual context.

This is a great idea, and long overdue.
765.jpg
765.jpg (48.07 KiB) Viewed 483 times

pjhair
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

CaptainForehead wrote:
2 months ago
Full clip:
https://variety.com/video/brie-larson-c ... s-critics/

Yes, she should have frame that sentence differently, but unlike feminists, her speech did not come across as tearing white men down or hating on white men.
Had she said the same thing about a black or a brown man, she would have been fired by Marvel already. Why should she get away simply because people she spoke against were whites? If you think that a remark like this coming from a movie star isn't a big deal, you need to think again.

CaptainForehead
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie

pjhair wrote:
2 months ago
Had she said the same thing about a black or a brown man, she would have been fired by Marvel already.
1. I am not at all sure about this.
There should be more women of color in the critics pool. I don't want to hear from a 40 year old black man about what was wrong with the black sisters of ya ya pants. I want to hear from young black women, young hispanic women...
Firable? Umm, unlikely
2. Blacks/hispanics are social protected classes - this is idiotic, yes. That does not mean we should campaign for whites to become protected too.

pjhair
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

CaptainForehead wrote:
2 months ago
1. I am not at all sure about this.
There should be more women of color in the critics pool. I don't want to hear from a 40 year old black man about what was wrong with the black sisters of ya ya pants. I want to hear from young black women, young hispanic women...
Firable? Umm, unlikely
I disagree with you on this. A comment like that against a black man would have resulted in a huge controversy.
CaptainForehead wrote:
2 months ago
2. Blacks/hispanics are social protected classes - this is idiotic, yes. That does not mean we should campaign for whites to become protected too.
No, we should campaign for TRUE EQUALITY. If certain comment is offensive when directed towards people of one race, it should be offensive and unacceptable when directed towards all races. That's center of the bulls eye for me. If SJW's hadn't turned Blacks/hispanics/browns in socially protected classes, I wouldn't have batted an eye on Brie Larson's comments. However, that's not the reality.

CaptainForehead
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie

pjhair wrote:
2 months ago
No, we should campaign for TRUE EQUALITY.
Agree. If a comment can be directed towards white males, it should be ok to direct it towards black women.
pjhair wrote:
2 months ago
If certain comment is offensive when directed towards people of one race,
Come on now, you're doing the same kind of misrepresentation that media does. Her comment wasn't really directed at whites. It was addressing the prevalence of white males in a very specific industry.
pjhair wrote:
2 months ago
If SJW's hadn't turned Blacks/hispanics/browns in socially protected classes...
You're worked up because SJWs claim Blacks/hispanics/browns are a socially protected class.
I do not agree with their position.

pjhair
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

CaptainForehead wrote:
2 months ago
You're worked up because SJWs claim Blacks/hispanics/browns are a socially protected class.
I do not agree with their position.
I am not sure why you felt the need to state that you don't agree to their position. I already know that going by your past discussions on the issue. My criticism is directed towards those who engage in discriminatory practices and treat one race differently from others. SJW's do this all the time hence they disgust me.

Added in 1 minute 20 seconds:
CaptainForehead wrote:
2 months ago
Come on now, you're doing the same kind of misrepresentation that media does. Her comment wasn't really directed at whites. It was addressing the prevalence of white males in a very specific industry.
Come on now. You are misrepresenting me. Reread my previous posts in which I explicitly pointed out Larson's comment I am taking issue with,

C4L
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: dropped finasteride after almost 2 years

Post by C4L » 2 months ago

simply boycott :thumbup:

That Guy
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

CaptainForehead wrote:
2 months ago
Blacks/hispanics are social protected classes - this is idiotic, yes. That does not mean we should campaign for whites to become protected too.
The only class that should be protected by white countries is whites. This is absurd and the entire problem that the western world faces: Putting groups that aren't us, above us or giving them things meant for our kids because "muh equality".

"Representation" in American movies is just stupid. We don't "need" more black actors, more wimminz criticizing, or whatever else.

Does anyone give a fuck what a black woman thinks about a movie any more than a white guy? No. Did the fact that Blade was a black dude stop whites, who I will bet were the majority demographic, from watching it? Fuck no. Have superheros mostly being white men stopped black guys and women from reading their comics? No.

And it is impossible to have this "representation" organically without forcing demographic shifts (which is all the left really wants). Most black people in America are too busy being responsible for half of violent crime despite making up 13% of the population to be movie stars. Less than 1% of the entire world are in big-budget films for fuck's sake.

Curious how no one is lobbying India, Hong Kong or Japan to increase "representation" and "diversity" in their films. It's because they're not white countries. If they want white people in their movies, they can hire white people from abroad. But they still shouldn't if possible, as it takes away jobs from their own people.

The American film industry has no duty to hire anyone other than Americans. The red bastards that have taken over the industry have been pushing for "diversity" and increased representation for years and still haven't been satisfied because the demographics they're looking for in America are simply not a large enough supply to meet demand. THEIR demand, anyway, as no one else gives af.

CaptainForehead
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie

That Guy wrote:
2 months ago
The only class that should be protected by white countries is whites.
You do know about the black slavery and forcible transportation of them into America, yes?

That Guy
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

CaptainForehead wrote:
2 months ago
You do know about the black slavery and forcible transportation of them into America, yes?
Yeah?

and?

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 2 months ago

That Guy wrote:
2 months ago
The only class that should be protected by white countries is whites. This is absurd and the entire problem that the western world faces: Putting groups that aren't us, above us or giving them things meant for our kids because "muh equality".

"Representation" in American movies is just stupid. We don't "need" more black actors, more wimminz criticizing, or whatever else.

Does anyone give a fuck what a black woman thinks about a movie any more than a white guy? No. Did the fact that Blade was a black dude stop whites, who I will bet were the majority demographic, from watching it? Fuck no. Have superheros mostly being white men stopped black guys and women from reading their comics? No.

And it is impossible to have this "representation" organically without forcing demographic shifts (which is all the left really wants). Most black people in America are too busy being responsible for half of violent crime despite making up 13% of the population to be movie stars. Less than 1% of the entire world are in big-budget films for fuck's sake.

Curious how no one is lobbying India, Hong Kong or Japan to increase "representation" and "diversity" in their films. It's because they're not white countries. If they want white people in their movies, they can hire white people from abroad. But they still shouldn't if possible, as it takes away jobs from their own people.

The American film industry has no duty to hire anyone other than Americans. The red bastards that have taken over the industry have been pushing for "diversity" and increased representation for years and still haven't been satisfied because the demographics they're looking for in America are simply not a large enough supply to meet demand. THEIR demand, anyway, as no one else gives af.
Yeah -- I think I'm going to go.

That guy has gone completely off the deep end. Well, to be fair, I'm not sure if he has actually gone off the deep end, or if he's merely being more honest about who he was all along.

He is the most frightening poster in our community since Sad_Vegeta, even more frightening than blue-eyed Rick, and he's only going to be more radicalized here on out. It would not be surprising if he goes on a shooting spree in the next few years, like Gregory Bowers, Anders Breivik, Stephen Paddock, and Christopher Hasson before him. At that point, we'll all have to deal with the resulting guilt of wondering if we should have done anything, which is separate from the risk of having the blogosphere and law enforcement zero in on this site.

I'm seeing some total absolute lunacy, historical ignorant, and zealous hatred in the last few weeks and months, including the following:
- Hitler worship, assigning Mein Kampf as a #1 book recommendation, above all of the other books that have ever been written;
- Saying that in an ideal society no woman would ever want to have a career outside of the home;
- Holocaust denial;
- Saying that white citizens (incorrectly defined) should be treated different than non-white citizens for tax purposes;
- Saying that white citizens (incorrectly defined) should be treated different than non-white citizens in the allocation of the government social safety net;
- Implying that Black Americans, (who have been part of the USA as long as there has been a USA) aren't "Americans" (see above);
- Dismissing the horrifying aspect of kidnapping and enslaving people;

All of the above statements are objectively invalid, and can be shown to be so quite trivially to any rational mind. However, hate is an addictive drug. In that sense it's not very different from video games, gambling, alcohol, opiates, or comic book movies :-) However, unlike those other vices, it also comes with a sense of self-righteousness that feeds a self-perpetuating narcissistic death spiral

Here is an example of a particularly stupid point:
Curious how no one is lobbying India, Hong Kong or Japan to increase "representation" and "diversity" in their films.

WTF? lol.

India (as an example), with its 1.4 billion people, is actually an extremely diverse civilization. It is host to 22 major languages, 9 major religions, and over 2,000 ethnic groups. It has a large rich-poor gap including both billionaires and dollar-a-day peasants, a large urban-rural divide spanning the range between Bangalore at one end and the Maoists/naxalites at the other end, and so on. India not a homogeneous country. India even has a Jewish community, composed of multiple independent Jewish communities, some of which have been there for thousands of years.

It will only appear that way to a western white nationalist who is too chauvinistic and ignorant to realize that people in different parts of the world will likely use different categories to define their internal diversities. That is because to the westerner who is exceptionally ignorant, the categories that are specific to his thinking (that the human family tree is supposedly made up of whites, browns, blacks, Jews, Asians, natives, etc) will be assumed to be universal to all cultures, all places, and all times. He is that near sighted.

Bollywood movies actually somewhat reflect the internal diversity of India. The most commonly-used languages are Hindi, English, Urdu, though movies are made in over a dozen other languages. And yes, the general issue is one that is being discussed in South Asia.

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10. ... 014.941206
https://tamilculture.com/bollywoods-tryst-with-tamils/

I mean, of all of the useful things that I could have done in the past hour, I wasted my time debating somebody who is so profoundly ignorant that they believe India to be a homogeneous country. Holy shit.

It's been good knowing you guys. But I joined this community in order to discuss hair loss and its main issues: treatment options, aesthetic impact, and cultural impact, and also to discuss other issues of men's health and men-women relations and dating. The political discussions were fun and off-topic. It was fun, and at times, I was entertained and I learned a lot about myself, the world, and you guys.

But exploring the following would be a waste of time:
It's an intellectually and morally bankrupt philosophy, usually backed by people who have absolutely no knowledge of European and world history in the period 1918-1945.

The Nazis, let's be clear, were genocidal sociopaths and a dark stain on human history. They are responsible for tens of millions of unnecessary deaths, mostly of soviet citizens. Here's Heinrich Himmler inspecting a death camp of Soviet POWs:
This is from a Nazi hanging of civilians in Serbia:
Though it's not widely known, the concentration camps, including their gas chambers, in Germany, Poland, etc such as Auschwitz were originally built to exterminate the Soviet population (~170 million people), including the entire population of Russia, the Ukraine, Serbia, etc. As bad as the history was, it could have been (at least) six times worse. The Nazis were also a disaster for Germany, they lost 5 million lives, and they stopped dominating science and philosophy, in part because they exported a lot of their best talent to the USA.

People who want to know more are welcome to read actual historical references rather than Stormfront and 4chan. I've been watching "The World at War", it's a ~26-hour British documentary from the 1970s, it has actual content, backed by references, archival footages, interviews with witnesses, etc, that sort of thing, rather than fabrications and memes.

Best wishes to the better among you.

PS We've heard about how @Admin's grandfather was in the Belgian resistance and blew up a Nazi coffee shop. Here's another story. My father was 7 or 8 years old when the Nazis left North Africa. They were rounding up the Jews there to exterminate them at the last minute, but they ran out of time. My dad eventually moved to France and then to Canada, where he worked selling office supplies, raised two kids, and died a few years ago. As far as I know, he never committed any crimes, and he paid his taxes the years that he was working.