A Discord server for ImpactofHairLoss.be - Invitation inside

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
C4L
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: dropped finasteride after almost 2 years

Re: A Discord server for ImpactofHairLoss.be - Invitation inside

Post by C4L » 2 weeks ago

pjhair wrote:
2 weeks ago
You mean advanced algorithms that we studied in Algorithm courses? Yes,we don't need to know them as modern languages already implement many of them and provide them as utilities. Software development still forces one to think algorithmically though albeit not too in depth.
They still ask them (algorithms) in the interviews...

I mean I can run a k8s cluster with Spring Cloud but can 't invert a fucking binary tree or another Donald Knuth fantasy and get refused.

pjhair
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Post by pjhair » 2 weeks ago

C4L wrote:
2 weeks ago
They still ask them (algorithms) in the interviews...

I mean I can run a k8s cluster with Spring Cloud but can 't invert a fucking binary tree or another Donald Knuth fantasy and get refused.
I think they do that to test critical thinking and analytical skills in addition to testing the knowledge of basics of computer science. Some of the programming problems they give require creative solutions. As long as a candidate has basics of algorithms and data structures down and can apply them to different problems, the interviews are not too hard.

By the way, if you are thinking about interviewing at some top tech company such as Amazon, Microsoft, Google, etc, I strongly recommend solving all the problems in the book Cracking The Coding Interview. Many questions that these tech companies ask are taken straight from the book.

C4L
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: dropped finasteride after almost 2 years

Post by C4L » 2 weeks ago

pjhair wrote:
2 weeks ago
I think they do that to test critical thinking and analytical skills in addition to testing the knowledge of basics of computer science. Some of the programming problems they give require creative solutions. As long as a candidate has basics of algorithms and data structures down and can apply them to different problems, the interviews are not too hard.

By the way, if you are thinking about interviewing at some top tech company such as Amazon, Microsoft, Google, etc, I strongly recommend solving all the problems in the book Cracking The Coding Interview. Many questions that these tech companies ask are taken straight from the book.
Haha I read this book (not entirely though)

Funny thing I forgot 99% of what this book represents in a few months.

Do you suggest me to read this book every season? WE DO NOT USE THIS SHIT IN DAILY BASIC. I won't do this. I know k8s and other modern shit but fuck trees.

I almost had a job on the Upwok with $40 /h but these motherfuckers with trees and substring finding reported in.... Fuck these guards of high rate :D

Added in 1 minute 25 seconds:
pjhair wrote:
2 weeks ago

There were now not tech companies.

pjhair
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Post by pjhair » 2 weeks ago

C4L wrote:
2 weeks ago
Haha I read this book (not entirely though)

Funny thing I forgot 99% of what this book represents in a few months.

Do you suggest me to read this book every season? WE DO NOT USE THIS SHIT IN DAILY BASIC. I won't do this. I know k8s and other modern shit but fuck trees.
I am not sure what's the trend in your country but, with the exception of Amazon, I have pretty much never been asked any question from the book. Vast majority of companies in the US focus on your work experience and ask questions about technologies you would actually be using at your job. Only companies like Google, Amazon, etc ask algorithm questions.

I personally like studying advanced algorithms. I recently started masters program in CS concentrating on AI and have been introduced to various algorithms that I did't know about. They are fascinating. However, I like researching and will like to find a job as a researcher at some point.

Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » 2 weeks ago

Anyone else gonna join the server? I'm sick of the current tools we have on there.

Hope they don't still read this thread. Could make our next chat awkward.
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

Uncle Grandfather
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW3
Regimen: 5% Minoxidil, 1 mg Finasteride, Nizoral

Post by Uncle Grandfather » 2 weeks ago

Rudiger wrote:
2 weeks ago
Anyone else gonna join the server? I'm sick of the current tools we have on there.

Hope they don't still read this thread. Could make our next chat awkward.
I want to, but Discord doesn't take too kindly to disposable email addresses. And I kinda don't want to use my main Discord account... nothing personal, it'd just be embarrassing for me.
Good sense, innocence, cripplin' mankind

Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by Rudiger » 2 weeks ago

Uncle Grandfather wrote:
2 weeks ago
I want to, but Discord doesn't take too kindly to disposable email addresses. And I kinda don't want to use my main Discord account... nothing personal, it'd just be embarrassing for me.
I used a disposable and no issues.

Uncle Grandfather
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW3
Regimen: 5% Minoxidil, 1 mg Finasteride, Nizoral

Post by Uncle Grandfather » 2 weeks ago

Rudiger wrote:
2 weeks ago
I used a disposable and no issues.
By disposable I meant Guerrilla Mail and the like.
Good sense, innocence, cripplin' mankind

supremegentleman
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Finasteride 1mg daily
Minoxidil 5% 2ml daily
1.5mm dermarolling daily
Nizoral 2% shampoo x3 a week

Post by supremegentleman » 23 hours ago

@Xexos kicked me out :(.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Adenosin shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling

Post by Admin » 22 hours ago

supremegentleman wrote:
23 hours ago
Xexos kicked me out :(.
Don't worry, your ban will only last a week. Being a christiancel, I believe in forgiveness :p.

So on March 27th, you can join the chat again.

For more transparency, I added a log with information about the bans (reasons and duration) to the OP:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=432#p12167

Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by Rudiger » 14 hours ago

EDIT: STAN DID THE BAN

I have no idea why Supreme was banned, considering he's been way more of a cunt in the past like just last week, and I wouldn't have even agreed with a ban then.

"Attempts to cause mayhem" hahahaha. Was that written up by Jack Dorsey's Indian friend? Because this is what it reminds me of. And written in the name of being "transparent", that's insane.

I don't know if Stan agreed to Fred taking over this discord but it was Stan's idea, and just because Fred attached it to a forum I don't understand why you're now making the decisions, that's disrespectful. Maybe Stan agrees with the ban anyway as he did seem to want to ban the guy, but I find this all ludicrous.

We would all like to ban people at certain times when they become challenging or a nuisance, on a forum I can understand this more, but in a chat? Just fucking deal with it. Deal with the challenge. Stop trying to correct people by making them disappear for a bit, controlling them by silencing. If you really care you'd talk with them and try to improve things, but that doesn't happen in most people's minds, even free speech advocates like Mossad Fred.

Right wingers think they have principles until it really comes to the crunch, then they crumble.
Last edited by Rudiger 9 hours ago, edited 1 time in total.

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by blackg » 11 hours ago

Rudiger wrote:
14 hours ago
I have no idea why Supreme was banned, considering he's been way more of a cunt in the past like just last week, and I wouldn't have even agreed with a ban then.

"Attempts to cause mayhem" hahahaha. Was that written up by Jack Dorsey's Indian friend? Because this is what it reminds me of. And written in the name of being "transparent", that's insane.

I don't know if Stan agreed to Fred taking over this discord but it was Stan's idea, and just because Fred attached it to a forum I don't understand why you're now making the decisions, that's disrespectful. Maybe Stan agrees with the ban anyway as he did seem to want to ban the guy, but I find this all ludicrous.

We would all like to ban people at certain times when they become challenging or a nuisance, on a forum I can understand this more, but in a chat? Just fucking deal with it. Deal with the challenge. Stop trying to correct people by making them disappear for a bit, controlling them by silencing. If you really care you'd talk with them and try to improve things, but that doesn't happen in most people's minds, even free speech advocates like Mossad Fred.

Right wingers think they have principles until it really comes to the crunch, then they crumble.
Do you want me on the Discord?
behold the sins of our forefathers

Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by Rudiger » 9 hours ago

blackg wrote:
11 hours ago
Do you want me on the Discord?