Video game thread

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
User avatar
kj6723
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 382
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 896
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: dutasteride, minoxidil, nizoral

Video game thread

#12132

Post by kj6723 » 1 year ago

Gamers! Help me choose a video game system.

So I am going to make another attempt to get back into video games.

I've decided I will most likely be going with a PS4 due to the exclusive game options

Is the PS4 Pro worth paying the extra $100 over the PS4 slim? Keep in mind I'm not currently an avid gamer and have no idea how into it I'll even get. I also plan to use the console for other streaming and entertainment purposes (netflix, etc).

User avatar
Uncle Grandfather
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Posts: 233
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 699
Norwood: NW3
Regimen: 1 mg Finasteride, Saw Palmetto, Nizoral, Regenepure, Alcepin

Video game thread

#12136

Post by Uncle Grandfather » 1 year ago

PC master race

Edit: to be a little more serious, I wouldn't recommend getting a Pro this late in the PS4's life as the PS5 is most likely going to come out next year. The Switch is pretty solid too, all soyboy memes aside. I just wouldn't recommend an Xbone as most of its worthwhile titles are on PC too.
Good sense, innocence, cripplin' mankind

User avatar
That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1454
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 2478
Norwood: NW2.5

Video game thread

#12141

Post by That Guy » 1 year ago

kj6723 wrote: 1 year ago So I am going to make another attempt to get back into video games
Y though? Is everything okay?

Genuinely asking. You always seemed to me like a guy who puts his masculine energy into things with real-world rewards.

Usually, guys who've stopped gaming and then try to get back into it do because of escapism.

PC though

User avatar
Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Posts: 2051
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 5281
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, hope.
Age: 30
Contact:

Video game thread

#12142

Post by Admin » 1 year ago

kj6723 wrote: 1 year ago Is the PS4 Pro worth paying the extra $100 over the PS4 slim?
Only if you have the 55" (or more) 4K OLED screen with HDR that's required to truly enjoy the difference.

I just played through Uncharted 4 and it was an unreal experience to me, especially since it was my first go on the latest generation of consoles, and to think that this game is almost 3 years old. I would sometimes stop for like 5 minutes being amazed at the graphics, looking at the landscapes or analyzing every detail on the screen. I can only imagine what Red Dead Redemption 2 will look like now.

If you'll just be playing on a 32" LCD then a PS4 Slim would be more suited.
:christian-cross: Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

User avatar
kj6723
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 382
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 896
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: dutasteride, minoxidil, nizoral

Video game thread

#12153

Post by kj6723 » 1 year ago

Things are fine, I just like a good dosage of mindless entertainment. Want to switch it up from just binge watching Netflix shows

I don’t want to get into PC gaming simply because of the price, and the need for constant upgrades. I don’t feel like getting into all that. Back in my hayday of gaming I was all about it (quake 3, unreal tournament, some very nostalgic experiences)

Right now I’m looking to play some story-heavy adventure games. I don’t really want to get into anything that requires paying the monthly subscription

Yeah I’ll be playing on my 32’ LCD, at least at the moment. I have had some thoughts though of upgrading my tv soon and wasn’t sure if I might be disappointed I didn’t just pay the extra $100 if/when I do. Wait the PS5 is coming out that soon?

Hopefully this will work out. A few years ago I owned an Xbox one for about 2 weeks and ended up selling it to a buddy because I was barely playing it

User avatar
JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 865
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 2047
Norwood: NW3.5

Video game thread

#12155

Post by JasonStatham » 1 year ago

kj6723 wrote: 1 year ago Things are fine, I just like a good dosage of mindless entertainment. Want to switch it up from just binge watching Netflix shows

I don’t want to get into PC gaming simply because of the price, and the need for constant upgrades. I don’t feel like getting into all that. Back in my hayday of gaming I was all about it (quake 3, unreal tournament, some very nostalgic experiences)

Right now I’m looking to play some story-heavy adventure games. I don’t really want to get into anything that requires paying the monthly subscription

Yeah I’ll be playing on my 32’ LCD, at least at the moment. I have had some thoughts though of upgrading my tv soon and wasn’t sure if I might be disappointed I didn’t just pay the extra $100 if/when I do. Wait the PS5 is coming out that soon?

Hopefully this will work out. A few years ago I owned an Xbox one for about 2 weeks and ended up selling it to a buddy because I was barely playing it
I would find a cheap used PS4 on ebay or something. I don't play on consoles but I watched some PS4 Pro vs PS4 comparison Videos and you only see a minor difference IF you have like Admin said, some big ass expensive TV. On a 32" you will just put 100 Dollar in the toilet that could be used for 1 year of Minoxidil.

User avatar
Xexos
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 739
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 881
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Dutasteride 0.5 mg everyday

Oral minoxidil 5 mg everyday (10 mg soon)
Age: 20

Video game thread

#12158

Post by Xexos » 1 year ago

I'm selling my PC and will get a PS4 soon.

PS4 is way better now when you consider the exclusives, the cost, the experience on a TV, etc.

User avatar
kj6723
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 382
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 896
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: dutasteride, minoxidil, nizoral

Video game thread

#12162

Post by kj6723 » 1 year ago

I’m probably gonna go with the slim
JasonStatham wrote: 1 year ago I would find a cheap used PS4 on ebay or something. I don't play on consoles but I watched some PS4 Pro vs PS4 comparison Videos and you only see a minor difference IF you have like Admin said, some big ass expensive TV. On a 32" you will just put 100 Dollar in the toilet that could be used for 1 year of Minoxidil.
I was looking at some used ones and it looks like you only save around 50 bucks getting a used console :wtf: ...? Which seems ridiculous. So I’m leaning towards just buying a new one. I might go with this Spider-Man combo pack thing

User avatar
Xexos
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 739
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 881
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Dutasteride 0.5 mg everyday

Oral minoxidil 5 mg everyday (10 mg soon)
Age: 20

Video game thread

#12163

Post by Xexos » 1 year ago

kj6723 wrote: 1 year ago I’m probably gonna go with the slim



I was looking at some used ones and it looks like you only save around 50 bucks getting a used console :wtf: ...? Which seems ridiculous. So I’m leaning towards just buying a new one. I might go with this Spider-Man combo pack thing
You mean this ?


If so, i would totally recommend it. It's a great offer as the price is really cheap and it has one of the exclusives already included.

Have fun bro.

User avatar
kj6723
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 382
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 896
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: dutasteride, minoxidil, nizoral

Video game thread

#12164

Post by kj6723 » 1 year ago

Stan22 wrote: 1 year ago You mean this ?


If so, i would totally recommend it. It's a great offer as the price is really cheap and it has one of the exclusives already included.

Have fun bro.
Yeah that’s the one!

Added in 7 hours 32 minutes 41 seconds:
So I ordered a PS4 slim. I decided not to get the combo thing, because even though it’s a good deal, I’m not sure if I would play that Spider-Man game, so I figured I’d just save the extra little bit of cash

Should be arriving before the weekend via Amazon prime :thumbup:

User avatar
koolaidshade
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 330
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 526
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: semen retention, real social dynamics, 12 rules for life

Video game thread

#12180

Post by koolaidshade » 1 year ago

but how will you play Halo?

Long John Silver
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 15
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Setipiprant, Finasteride and Nizoral

Video game thread

#12183

Post by Long John Silver » 1 year ago

Bros the new xbox and PS5 coming out this year isn't it?

User avatar
kj6723
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 382
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 896
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: dutasteride, minoxidil, nizoral

Video game thread

#12185

Post by kj6723 » 1 year ago

So I'm eyeing up some of these games as potentials to get me started:

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2018/12/ ... tory_games

Any other recommendations? Particularly single player games with good stories


Also, what's the most economical way to go about getting games? I'm really out of the loop right now with the whole gaming world. Download? Pick up a used copy somewhere? The time I'll have for playing with my current schedule will basically be weekends and maybe like one week night, so I won't necessarily be cruising through them....would renting games not be worthwhile under these conditions?

User avatar
Uncle Grandfather
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Posts: 233
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 699
Norwood: NW3
Regimen: 1 mg Finasteride, Saw Palmetto, Nizoral, Regenepure, Alcepin

Video game thread

#12187

Post by Uncle Grandfather » 1 year ago

koolaidshade wrote: 1 year ago but how will you play Halo?
Halo hasn't been relevant or worthwhile since Halo 3.

Added in 5 minutes 34 seconds:
kj6723 wrote: 1 year ago So I'm eyeing up some of these games as potentials to get me started:

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2018/12/ ... tory_games

Any other recommendations? Particularly single player games with good stories


Also, what's the most economical way to go about getting games? I'm really out of the loop right now with the whole gaming world. Download? Pick up a used copy somewhere? The time I'll have for playing with my current schedule will basically be weekends and maybe like one week night, so I won't necessarily be cruising through them....would renting games not be worthwhile under these conditions?
Those are solid choices in that link. Since it sounds like you don't have much time to play games, you probably won't be able to breeze through them in less than week to take advantage of Gamestop's 7 day return policy. I haven't touched my PS4 in ages, but I believe there's something called PS Now which is sort of like Netflix but for PS4 games. You might wanna look into that.
Good sense, innocence, cripplin' mankind

User avatar
JLBB
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1027
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 2063
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Video game thread

#12189

Post by JLBB » 1 year ago

PC or nothing.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post