What divorce does to a man

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
Marki
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie

What divorce does to a man

Post by Marki » 6 months ago

I've heard many times on these forums the fear of never finding a marriage partner due to being follicely challenged. Well look at Hollywood alpha male Brenden Fraser before and after marriage - the right is before marriage by the way. But how would you look if you had to pay 900K a year in child support and alimony. Johnny Depp and Brad Pitt can be amongst this list too. And although it's not talked about Robin Williams divorced a couple times then having to pay soul crushing settlement payments for years to come - I would be 'depressed' too.
Attachments
BF.jpg
BF.jpg (132.2 KiB) Viewed 980 times

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Head & Shoulders caffeine shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling

Re: What divorce does to a man

Post by Admin » 6 months ago

He's 28 on the right and 50 on the left.

Also, one picture is taken in a professional setting, smiling, and possibly airbrushed and on the other one was taken in a bad moment by a paparazzo.
Marki wrote:
6 months ago
I've heard many times on these forums the fear of never finding a marriage partner due to being follically challenged.
Actually, I've seen only one person say that, there's a subset of hair loss sufferers usually want hair so they can get easy casual sex, not to get married.

Marki
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie

Admin wrote:
6 months ago
He's 28 on the right and 50 on the left.

Also, one picture is taken in a professional setting, smiling, and possibly airbrushed and on the other one, it was taken in a bad moment by a paparazzo.

Actually, I've seen only one person say that, there's a subset of hair loss sufferers usually want hair so they can get easy casual sex, not to get married.
well I've heard it over at Hairlosstalk more than once. As for Brendan as a former Hollywood leading man I expected more graceful aging - possibly like this:
Attachments
gracefull age.jpg
gracefull age.jpg (85.23 KiB) Viewed 965 times

Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » 6 months ago

Yeah look what happened this dude after divorce 9000 years ago

~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

Marki
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie

Rudiger wrote:
6 months ago
Yeah look what happened this dude after divorce 9000 years ago

Well I'm not the only one who thinks so, Terrance Popp is a former marine, here's what he had so say:

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW3.5

Post by JasonStatham » 6 months ago

Marki wrote:
6 months ago
Well I'm not the only one who thinks so, Terrance Popp is a former marine, here's what he had so say:

In my MGTOW time I thought he is "the shit" and listened to him a lot. After cutting down on MGTOW and getting more in peace with women, this dude more and more sounded like a broken guy that is making money from broken lonely guys or as I name it now: "MGTOW community".

Uncle Grandfather
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW3
Regimen: 5% Minoxidil, 1 mg Finasteride, Nizoral

Post by Uncle Grandfather » 6 months ago

I'm shocked no one brought up this picture:
Brendan-Frasier-hair-loss.jpg
Brendan-Frasier-hair-loss.jpg (54.86 KiB) Viewed 906 times
Good sense, innocence, cripplin' mankind

Bklyn_23
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Norwood: NW3
Regimen: Nizoral

Post by Bklyn_23 » 6 months ago

Marki wrote:
6 months ago
well I've heard it over at Hairlosstalk more than once. As for Brendan as a former Hollywood leading man I expected more graceful aging - possibly like this:
Another example of a guy who, if you remove his hair, loses like 50% of his attractiveness. Totally average without the hair (ignoring his physique, of course, which is impressive for his age or any age really).

Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

JasonStatham wrote:
6 months ago
In my MGTOW time I thought he is "the shit" and listened to him a lot. After cutting down on MGTOW and getting more in peace with women, this dude more and more sounded like a broken guy that is making money from broken lonely guys or as I name it now: "MGTOW community".
I actually watched way more of that than I should, and he's a fairly entertaining guy, but incredibly one-dimensional in his assumption of every single woman's actions.

For every gold digger who intentionally does what is alleged of Brendan Frasier's wife (and of course none of us have a fucking clue what actually went down) is there not as many men who leave their wife of many years for younger pussy? The motives may be different but the connection is still there- greed and an insecure inability for loyalty.

Guys who hold opinions like this are normally one of two things:

-sociopathically greedy themselves and unable to understand real human emotions and connections
-as you suggest, broken from some bad experience and wanting to reject human emotions as "idiotic" and mock-worthy

Either way, he should be taken with a gigantic pinch of salt. If he's some kind of parody of himself, in an Alex Jones way, and he's somewhat self-aware, then I get it.

But I don't think that's the case.

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Rudiger wrote:
6 months ago
I actually watched way more of that than I should, and he's a fairly entertaining guy, but incredibly one-dimensional in his assumption of every single woman's actions.

For every gold digger who intentionally does what is alleged of Brendan Frasier's wife (and of course none of us have a fucking clue what actually went down) is there not as many men who leave their wife of many years for younger pussy? The motives may be different but the connection is still there- greed and an insecure inability for loyalty.

Guys who hold opinions like this are normally one of two things:

-sociopathically greedy themselves and unable to understand real human emotions and connections
-as you suggest, broken from some bad experience and wanting to reject human emotions as "idiotic" and mock-worthy

Either way, he should be taken with a gigantic pinch of salt. If he's some kind of parody of himself, in an Alex Jones way, and he's somewhat self-aware, then I get it.

But I don't think that's the case.
I fully agree!

I was heartbroken from my ex-girlfriend and had almost 0 success with new girls and this led me to MGTOW. Instead, I should have given dating and women a break and digest what happened with me reflect why it came to this situation. But no no. I watched Terrence Pop and some other MGTOW guys I'm ashamed now looking back. It gave me absolutely nothing of value.

Brendan Fraser is a Hollywood Star. He does not live in the same world than we do. I'm not saying here that a normal Joe will never meet a woman that absolutely destroys him, but almost always when I hear stories like this and dig a bit deeper, I found out that the women the guy married, had many red flags he missed.

I prefer people that give you advice and something you can actually reflect on it.

Paul Elam for example does a lot of stuff right. He actually gives men advice. He is like the cool uncle everyone should have had. The guy that actualy teaches you about women instead of your mother telling you: "You are perfect as you are honey" while you type on mgtow.com on a Friday night.

I'm sure if Brendan Fraser would have filtered a bit more who he is gonna be to marry, he may be still would have lost his hair, but instead of looking like a guy that is on the edge of suicide, he would smile on this pictures cause he married a nice woman.

The best advice someone gave me about filtering the "good women" out was Stefan Molyneux:

"Ask yourselves, would your future children chose this woman as their mother?"
Answer this honestly and I truly believe you can sort out the bad ones.

Marki
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie

JasonStatham wrote:
6 months ago
I fully agree!

I was heartbroken from my ex-girlfriend and had almost 0 success with new girls and this led me to MGTOW. Instead, I should have given dating and women a break and digest what happened with me reflect why it came to this situation. But no no. I watched Terrence Pop and some other MGTOW guys I'm ashamed now looking back. It gave me absolutely nothing of value.

Brendan Fraser is a Hollywood Star. He does not live in the same world than we do. I'm not saying here that a normal Joe will never meet a woman that absolutely destroys him, but almost always when I hear stories like this and dig a bit deeper, I found out that the women the guy married, had many red flags he missed.

I prefer people that give you advice and something you can actually reflect on it.

Paul Elam for example does a lot of stuff right. He actually gives men advice. He is like the cool uncle everyone should have had. The guy that actualy teaches you about women instead of your mother telling you: "You are perfect as you are honey" while you type on mgtow.com on a Friday night.

I'm sure if Brendan Fraser would have filtered a bit more who he is gonna be to marry, he may be still would have lost his hair, but instead of looking like a guy that is on the edge of suicide, he would smile on this pictures cause he married a nice woman.

The best advice someone gave me about filtering the "good women" out was Stefan Molyneux:

"Ask yourselves, would your future children chose this woman as their mother?"
Answer this honestly and I truly believe you can sort out the bad ones.
This guy talks about very common sense stuff, majority of women are not stupid, especially when it comes to deceit, if they really wanted to take you for your money they wouldn't just advertise it like that. If the devil wanted to deceive you would he show up with a pitch fork and horns or as an angel of light? Women are very good a faking emotions and crocodile tears.

"Ask yourselves, would your future children chose this woman as their mother?" Answer this honestly and I truly believe you can sort out the bad ones.

Anyone can play the part, especially when they're biological time clock is ticking - baby rabies I think they call it. I've seen plenty of woman make good mothers, but that didn't mean they were sticking around without you writing a cheque for child support - if you know what I mean hahaha (Terrrance Popp laugh). She got 3 kids out of alpha Brendan F.

No likes for me in this thread I guess, but what inspired me to post is the recent divorce of my buddy, 7 years together - 6 of which were a nightmare, 3 kids later he had to move out and is now on the hook for $3k child support a month.

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Marki wrote:
6 months ago

Anyone can play the part, especially when they're biological time clock is ticking
Well, that's a red flag here. If you date a women which is late to the party, I would seriously question her why she is now in a hurry to have children and she better has a good explanation what exactly she did in the past other than: "I needed to find myself in my 20s".

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 6 months ago

Brenden Fraser is an awful example, as you have no idea what else might be going on in his life.

However, it is known from studies that men do not fare well in divorce. There are many reasons for this. Among these, men maintain smaller social networks than women, and thus are more likely to end up socially isolated, which is toxic for the soul.

Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Marki wrote:
6 months ago
This guy talks about very common sense stuff, majority of women are not stupid, especially when it comes to deceit, if they really wanted to take you for your money they wouldn't just advertise it like that. If the devil wanted to deceive you would he show up with a pitch fork and horns or as an angel of light? Women are very good a faking emotions and crocodile tears.

"Ask yourselves, would your future children chose this woman as their mother?" Answer this honestly and I truly believe you can sort out the bad ones.

Anyone can play the part, especially when they're biological time clock is ticking - baby rabies I think they call it. I've seen plenty of woman make good mothers, but that didn't mean they were sticking around without you writing a cheque for child support - if you know what I mean hahaha (Terrrance Popp laugh). She got 3 kids out of alpha Brendan F.

No likes for me in this thread I guess, but what inspired me to post is the recent divorce of my buddy, 7 years together - 6 of which were a nightmare, 3 kids later he had to move out and is now on the hook for $3k child support a month.
There's a few Likes for ya, but not just sympathy likes, you made a very good point about how truly deceitful and smart women will know these trigger questions. I skimmed through this video Statham posted and thought "truly terrible women are way too smart to ask these very obvious questions".

I didn't see it in the video, but someone posted in the comments that you have to watch out for the question "how much money do you make?" LOL. Truly devious women probably fucking watch videos like this so they know how to be more obscure about their intentions.

As if any seasoned gold digger would ever ask that question openly. If anything they play the opposite type of game, they will pretentiously put on this show of caring about the soul and spirit of a person, or people generally, money or looks don't matter etc.

For me, that's what matters more when it comes to spotting someone who is a terrible partner- a girl who avoids all those warning signs and intentionally goes out of their way to show how much of a genuine caring person they are. I'd more prefer someone who is open and honest about money mattering for security (rather than luxury) and being on a similar aesthetic level as their partner.

The true warning sign is "looks don't matter to me, it's ALL about personality" or "if I fall in love I don't care if we live in a caravan" if you actually believe these things then you deserve what you get. I'm even of the view that certain women don't care as much about looks as others, as in, they don't necessarily need a Chad (or possibly the truth is they feel insecure around someone so attractive, even if the girl is top tier herself, she doesn't have the upper hand and as much options as her usual begging partner) because I've seen it, I've known very attractive girls who dated down (relief for @Arjen, although it is still rare).

That being said, they still dated down to their type, they are still attracted to certain things, some women like long floppy hair, even if the guy looks like a fat gamer nerd, if his face is OK then that's still her type. So therefore, looks still play a part, she can date someone 3 points below her attractiveness, and claim "oh I don't care about looks whatsoever" well, that's not really true is it?

What would be more important and specific is not to spot the signs of toxic women, but to spot the signs of women you would actually want a life with. How many videos do these guys do about that? I would bet, very little.

One of those signs is exactly what I'm referring to, a woman who is open and honest about looks and monetary desires. In certain ways I don't think women are much different than men, and no man wants to date a 11/10 supermodel who treats him like a doormat and is a terrible person generally, women are no different, it's just about finding the similarities and compatibility between us.

And now drum roll for someone to post an imgur picture of that time a bunch of women liked a pedo Chad on tinder to debunk everything that I'm saying exists in actual reality...

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 6 months ago

I've never had a woman ask me how much money I make, but to be honest it'd be a weird question. It is relatively obvious how much money I make, either that, or it can be estimated with a simple google search.

Salary and income are of course important. But if you're seeing a nurse, or an engineer, or whatever, you can figure it out without asking.

Added in 21 minutes 19 seconds:
Rudiger wrote:
6 months ago
There's a few Likes for ya, but not just sympathy likes, you made a very good point about how truly deceitful and smart women will know these trigger questions. I skimmed through this video Statham posted and thought "truly terrible women are way too smart to ask these very obvious questions".

I didn't see it in the video, but someone posted in the comments that you have to watch out for the question "how much money do you make?" LOL. Truly devious women probably fucking watch videos like this so they know how to be more obscure about their intentions.

As if any seasoned gold digger would ever ask that question openly. If anything they play the opposite type of game, they will pretentiously put on this show of caring about the soul and spirit of a person, or people generally, money or looks don't matter etc.

For me, that's what matters more when it comes to spotting someone who is a terrible partner- a girl who avoids all those warning signs and intentionally goes out of their way to show how much of a genuine caring person they are. I'd more prefer someone who is open and honest about money mattering for security (rather than luxury) and being on a similar aesthetic level as their partner.

The true warning sign is "looks don't matter to me, it's ALL about personality" or "if I fall in love I don't care if we live in a caravan" if you actually believe these things then you deserve what you get. I'm even of the view that certain women don't care as much about looks as others, as in, they don't necessarily need a Chad (or possibly the truth is they feel insecure around someone so attractive, even if the girl is top tier herself, she doesn't have the upper hand and as much options as her usual begging partner) because I've seen it, I've known very attractive girls who dated down (relief for Arjen, although it is still rare).

That being said, they still dated down to their type, they are still attracted to certain things, some women like long floppy hair, even if the guy looks like a fat gamer nerd, if his face is OK then that's still her type. So therefore, looks still play a part, she can date someone 3 points below her attractiveness, and claim "oh I don't care about looks whatsoever" well, that's not really true is it?

What would be more important and specific is not to spot the signs of toxic women, but to spot the signs of women you would actually want a life with. How many videos do these guys do about that? I would bet, very little.

One of those signs is exactly what I'm referring to, a woman who is open and honest about looks and monetary desires. In certain ways I don't think women are much different than men, and no man wants to date a 11/10 supermodel who treats him like a doormat and is a terrible person generally, women are no different, it's just about finding the similarities and compatibility between us.

And now drum roll for someone to post an imgur picture of that time a bunch of women liked a pedo Chad on tinder to debunk everything that I'm saying exists in actual reality...
This is an outstanding post, which gets better as one keeps reading. I'm inclined to agree with what stood as your main point to me:

Beware of women who talk like a fortune cookie.

But on the other hand, a lot of that is due to cultural brainwashing from forces so overwhelming that few women will be able to resist. It's a widely held belief that women prioritize men who are polite to the waitress, etc. A good compromise may be ignoring what women say on such theological issues, and trying to identify what it is that they do. They might not believe in that crap deep down.