The yellow vests movement in France

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
CaptainForehead
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Norwood: NW7
Regimen: Avoid mirrors and other reflective surfaces

The yellow vests movement in France

Post by CaptainForehead » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:50 am

@Admin, as you're essentially French, can you shed light on what is happening there?

Google fucking news doesn't even mention it on the front page here in the US, which leads me to think it is so important that mainstream is burying it here.

That Guy
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW2.5

Re: The yellow vests movement in France

Post by That Guy » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:54 am

I'm not French, but I've been following this story close as I fucking can, and god damn it pleases me. I hope the yellow vests keep at it, because this may be the first forcible purge of a globalist government in Europe.

Vive La France motherfuckers

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil, Stemoxydine and Adenosin shampoo
- 1.5mm dermarolling every 10 days

Post by Admin » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:18 am

CaptainForehead wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:50 am
@Admin, as you're essentially French
Wut.jpeg
Wut.jpeg (5.87 KiB) Viewed 225 times
Saying that to a Belgian :p.

So where do I even begin on this mess? I still think that it's really hard to know what's going on by watching the news as they unfold.

Here's the stroke that broke the camel's back: the globalist (sorry but it's accurate) elites who push far left political ideologies (The French are the most taxed people in the world, Belgians only comes second) while also pushing neoliberalism (an ex banker is at the head of their State after all) decided to tax fuel to save the planet.

Or so they sold it to the people. The working class people from the countryside reasonably responded: "Fuck your planet, we can't even make ends meet!" To what the deeply leftist and snotty intelligentsia responded:

"Oh yeah! Well you're all rednecks who are incapable of managing money! I'm sure you all marry your sisters! Our ideals are too high and noble for you peasants to understand, we're saving the fucking planet here!".

I've delved deep into this story since it broke and the above is barely a caricature. This is how France is currently divided. On one side, the globalist media, academics, intellectuals and politicians, and on the other, the people who are living those austerity policies that are still designed to pay back the huge mistakes the banks made back in 2008.

Now about the protests. They were launched by the working class, left, right and center, their political leaning barely matters, they just feel like they're being played, and they're right. Now I'd say that mostly far left people see those protests as an opportunity to become violent. Like in the rest of the world, the far left nearly has the monopoly on violence. But as I've said, some people just want an opportunity to set the world on fire.

The working class leading the charge on this, this revolution (surely starts to look like it) is messy, and had to be. And the people on the other side who are of course sitting idly are like "well look at those low-IQ rednecks, can't they organize and try to implement this properly!" Yeah I don't condone violence, but you can't ignore the psychological violence that's dished out so casually by the macronists: "Suck it up les beaufs (French for chav), and pay those taxes to pay for our mistakes and to save the planet of course!".

It's not a case of snowflakes being offended by an opinion here, it's a direct verbal attack on them and boy I understand their resentment. I try to give warnings on Facebook and tell them:

"Guys! This is not smart! Remember that they're much more numerous than you and that their vote is worth the same as yours!" But they won't listen, so in the next elections, this might be it for France, they'll probably elect a far-right government.

The far right did 18% in 2002 and 35% in 2017. Last time, they still congratuled themselves about how they didn't give in to "hate". Unfortunately, the game they're playing is a losing one. You can't keep sawing the branch you're sitting on and expect it to end well for you.
Hair transplants: 2000 graft (May 2014) and 2024 graft (January 2018) FUE's with Dr. De Reys for front and mid-scalp.

CaptainForehead
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice

Post by CaptainForehead » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:39 am

Wait, aren't French speaking Belgians pretty much French? Is there some animosity there?

It's fascinating, do the academics and "intellectuals" live in a different world?

What is the goal of the protesters? What are their demands?

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Shaving

Post by Arjen » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:32 am

CaptainForehead wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:39 am
Wait, aren't French speaking Belgians pretty much French? Is there some animosity there?

It's fascinating, do the academics and "intellectuals" live in a different world?

Belgians are either French or Dutch, right? 🤔

That Guy
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Post by That Guy » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:50 am

Belgians are waffles

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by Arjen » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:13 am

That Guy wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:50 am
Belgians are waffles
And they like underage kids (is that a pleonasm?).

That Guy
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Post by That Guy » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:40 am

Arjen wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:13 am
And they like underage kids (is that a pleonasm?).
wut

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by Arjen » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:43 am

That Guy wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:40 am
wut
Belgians are child molesters and eat their fries with mayo. Those are the stereotypes here. :roll:

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW3.5

Post by JasonStatham » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:55 am

Everyone is saying the French people are so brave to go into the streets and yada yada.

For me they are fucking retarded. Paris is literaly a shithole now with terrorist attacks, stabbings, raping and NO GO Zones and if you have an apartment near the centre, chances a refugee is pissing at your door is quite high (look it up). But raping your city isn't something french care I guess since in the past some other dudes did it quite easily and the French women even liked it. So why not a second time in history?

But cutting your money and suddenly whole Paris is upset and protesting lol. I have 0 sympathies for this people.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil, Stemoxydine and Adenosin shampoo
- 1.5mm dermarolling every 10 days

Post by Admin » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:32 pm

CaptainForehead wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:39 am

Arjen wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:32 am
Belgians are either French or Dutch, right? 🤔
We're either French-speaking or Flemish.

There is just a playful rivalry a bit like between Australians and New Zealanders.

Yes, the intellectuals and academics have carved their own reality and decided that they could keep on living in it without any negative repercussions on them or the rest of the world. I'm sure you've noticed this to be true all over the Western world, but it's especially true for the French since all the lunacy reasonable people are currently having a hard time to fight off come from their parts: neomarxism and postmodernism have been created in France by intellectuals who've admitted themselves in private that they did so because they could get respect from the Parisian intelligentsia, they perfectly knew it was nonsense and that they were playing the people who'd be stupid and resentful enough to buy into ideas like "the world is a battleground between groups (especially races and genders)" and "there is no objective truth" (except this one, talk about the snake eating its own tail).

Anyway, they largely did it to easily gain unearned status and ultimately pussy. If you look at pictures of Foucault, you'll understand why. These are motivations we can perfectly understand. Anyway, all this to say that they indeed live in a different world or so they think. The working class is only an afterthought in that world, and they more or less think that they could wish their poverty away. When they had to abandon communism after the jig was up in the Soviet union, they moved on to neomarxism, and in that conceptualisation, you couldn't integrate the (mostly white) working class. So those people don't exist for them, and when they're forced to acknowledge them, they rage at them: "all those racist privileged white men who sleep with their sister and vote Marine Le Pen (far right)!". This is all they've become in their eyes, and they could only be saved by internalizing the neomarxist worldview and accept to be pushed down the gutter to leave room for the oppressed groups.

You're following? :p

What is the goal of the protesters? They don't know themselves, not in a precise manner, they have a sense of what they want, but those people are not that high-IQ and verbally intelligent, it makes sense otherwise they wouldn't be part of the working class. And I'm not demeaning them by the way, I have a lot of respect for those people who do difficult manual jobs. But the main problem here is that they can't verbalize what they want, and of course it's a source of ridicule for the leftist intelligentsia, more evidence that they're toothless (former president of France François Hollande truly referred to them as such!) rednecks who can't express themselves properly. But I can give you what they want at their current level of analysis:

"Stop taking us for fools!"

They can't develop it beyond that but they know deep down that something is wrong, and they're absolutely right. What they need now is a charismatic, trustworthy and verbally fluent leader who could translate their demands for them. The movement is still quite scattered and messy at the moment. But I'm afraid that leader is going to emerge from the far right. This is the price we'll have to pay for the games the elites have played over the course of now 40 years.
Hair transplants: 2000 graft (May 2014) and 2024 graft (January 2018) FUE's with Dr. De Reys for front and mid-scalp.

CaptainForehead
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice

Post by CaptainForehead » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:17 pm

Admin wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:32 pm
What is the goal of the protesters? They don't know themselves, not in a precise manner, they have a sense of what they want, but those people are not that high-IQ and verbally intelligent, it makes sense otherwise they wouldn't be part of the working class.
In terms of income levels, what percentile levels do the protesters consist of? And are the higher percentiles, who are not participating in these protests, ok with the leftist intelligentsia?

From what you said, it seems the intelligentsia are fully aware the stuff they preach, even to each other, is nonsense; but they do it because their status is determined by how well they can bullshit, and how loyal they seem to an ideology which everyone knows is retarded.
Admin wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:32 pm
But I can give you what they want at their current level of analysis:

"Stop taking us for fools!"
If they can't say what they want, and they're rioting .... they ARE fools :shrug: Reminds me of the occupy wall street fools.

That Guy
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Post by That Guy » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:41 pm

JasonStatham wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:55 am
Everyone is saying the French people are so brave to go into the streets and yada yada.

For me they are fucking retarded. Paris is literaly a shithole now with terrorist attacks, stabbings, raping and NO GO Zones and if you have an apartment near the centre, chances a refugee is pissing at your door is quite high (look it up). But raping your city isn't something french care I guess since in the past some other dudes did it quite easily and the French women even liked it. So why not a second time in history?

But cutting your money and suddenly whole Paris is upset and protesting lol. I have 0 sympathies for this people.
This is not a "fuel protest".

It's only called that because you can't be arrested for hate speech for protesting fuel. It's about the fact that somebody has to pay for Macron's third-world invasion and taxes and unemployment have of course gotten so high to pay for it that actual frenchman can't afford to live anymore.

You'll notice not one non-white among the protestors. Strangely, all the muslims and shit have disappeared. Because they know it's about them.

It's not about "muh carbon emissions" if it was, Macron wouldn't have ordered the future closure of many french nuclear plants last month! He needs more money to fund his 3rd-world, Macron-voting army, and the fuel tax was just what broke the camel's back.

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW3.5

Post by JasonStatham » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:18 pm

That Guy wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:41 pm
This is not a "fuel protest".

It's only called that because you can't be arrested for hate speech for protesting fuel. It's about the fact that somebody has to pay for Macron's third-world invasion and taxes and unemployment have of course gotten so high to pay for it that actual frenchman can't afford to live anymore.

You'll notice not one non-white among the protestors. Strangely, all the muslims and shit have disappeared. Because they know it's about them.

It's not about "muh carbon emissions" if it was, Macron wouldn't have ordered the future closure of many french nuclear plants last month! He needs more money to fund his 3rd-world, Macron-voting army, and the fuel tax was just what broke the camel's back.
And still, people voted for Macron xD

People are really braindead. They can't think 1 day ahead. First voting for this shit and after crying when the consequence is knocking at their door.

That Guy
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Post by That Guy » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:10 am

JasonStatham wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:18 pm
And still, people voted for Macron xD

People are really braindead. They can't think 1 day ahead. First voting for this shit and after crying when the consequence is knocking at their door.
He barely won the election.

In related news, even the leftwing politicians announced today that they will vote "no confidence" in Macron on Monday.

I don't believe they'll replace Macron with another leftwing government though.