Discrimination against LGBT people

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Finasteride, RU58841, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » 1 year ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 year ago
You can repeat that argument for every single demographic group. Just zero in on the particular statistic by which that demographic group behaves less well, and say that "people who oppose christian values shouldn't be in church." For example, in the USA, young white men are more likely to drive while intoxicated, to try crack cocaine, and older white men are more likely to bribe public officials.

Human beings in general indulge in vices, and in this era there are thousands of vices to each from. Each demographic group will have particular vices that it most indulges in. Your argument is thus completely hollow.
Those are instances of where the group behaves less well, not where the majority of the group behaves like that. Sure young white men are more likely to try crack than soccer mom's, does that mean half of these men are doing it? No, and when it comes to infidelity it's at least half of gay men.

Though maybe you think it's unfair to include the chunk of them that hardly believe in monogamy in the first place.
Look, fat...

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW3.5

Post by JasonStatham » 1 year ago

That Guy wrote:
1 year ago
Pride parades are not about "pride" and acceptance, and other such stuff. It's about normalizing degeneracy.

The men in these photographs, so typical of those parades, are not how any reasonable, decent, normal, respectable man would behave or appear in a public place. If I had no idea what they were, I'd have believed pride parades to simply be a march of normal-looking, normal-acting people who happen to be gay or support gay rights waving flags, playing music, and marching with their SO.

But as we all know — they all get a lot more insane than that.
Agree. For the LGBT community, gay pride is THE representative for everything that they are behind it. How can normal people take them seriously if that's the only thing they came up to? It hurts them way more than it helps.

You want to be accepted everywhere in society? I mean they are openly living in "Sodom and Gomorra" no wonder people don't let them in a church.
They really should do some soul searching. As you said, why not march like normal people?

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

blackg wrote:
1 year ago
You wouldn't take your daughter to a gay pride parade as these things are mostly adults only.
Besides, the young have to learn that alternative lifestyles and ostentatious displays of one's sexuality are nothing to be ashamed of.

Be loud, be gay and be proud!
Dude they are marching in the middle of the day through major cities. How the fuck you can avoid that? Some children will see it. Or you just tell your child: "No honey today we don't go outside, some adults are showing their dicks because they are suppressed"

You teach your daughter the way to be accepted is putting other men BDSM leashes on the neck and walking around with dildos in the middle of the day to show the society your lifestyle?

What if I like to golden shower Tinder sluts? Can I make a parade as well and reach awareness trough peeing on other women during the day? I feel sexually suppressed!!!!!

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

That Guy wrote:
1 year ago
My god...

So, If I'm feeling like showing off an ostentatious display of my sexuality, you'll have no problem with me, right in broad daylight, fucking your wife (because I know you're into that) in the ass right in the middle of a busy street as school let's out, right?
Good luck doing that as white men.

That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2.5

Post by That Guy » 1 year ago

JasonStatham wrote:
1 year ago
You want to be accepted everywhere in society? I mean they are openly living in "Sodom and Gomorra" no wonder people don't let them in a church.
They really should do some soul searching. As you said, why not march like normal people?
The kicker to this thread's op is that the lifestyle that gay people have is a sin that is a fundamental aspect of their entire life.

If you go to church, and you do something bad and then you confess for it, the idea is that you own up to your mistake, hopefully are forgiven for it, and move on with the aim to never do it again.

Homosexuals have no chance of stopping the gay. So knowing this person is not going to conform to your standards, why would you let them in? It's like saying "doing crack is a sin" but knowingly letting a crackhead in.

Again to put my dome of the rock question another way, which sums up this whole thread so far:

Do you believe that clubs, which by definition discriminate, should be allowed to exist?

Do you think that the BET should be forced to accept other races achievements? Should we force people to allow others to enter change rooms, bathrooms, etc. that match their "gender identity" instead of their sex, even if the business doesn't want to and people are uncomfortable with it? Should muslims be forced to allow prayer from other religions at the dome and entry to non-muslims? Should the boy scouts be forced to accept girls and should the girl scouts be forced to accept boys?

If you answer "yes" to any of the above, you're just a mini-dictator in training, so cut the shit and just say it outright.

If a church doesn't want to let homos into their club or bake wedding cakes for or marry them, that should be their right.

JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Post by JLBB » 1 year ago

Rudiger wrote:
1 year ago
Fucking disgrace innit?

But no, there's a handful or so. If you want to get technical and legal you could argue against them but to me it's pretty blatant what Sodom was about, and more obvious is the quote "if a man is to lay with another man as he would a woman, it is an abomination, and both of them should be put to death".

I don't know that's pretty clear to me breh
The section of the old testament it comes from is rejected as fundamental by Christian scholars at this point, its should be noted the miniscule extent to which it is discussed compared to vices such as greed, murder or theft in the Bible too. This same passage advocates the death penalty for adultery, also which no Christian accepts at this point or has for a very, very long time.

The story of Sodom absolutely is not about homosexuality specifically, to relate a case about rape and sexual violence against angels as to be about homosexuality is nonsensical. Its just poor reading comprehension on behalf of Christians. The Leviticus passage you mention again seems to be used more in an understanding of violent of ritual sex rather than loving or affectionate sex.

Also this passage in relation to rapture and who is left behind seems to suggest that it isn't a fundamental issue.

I tell you, in that night,
there shall be two men in one bed;
the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.
Two women shall be grinding together;
the one shall be taken, and the other left.
(Luke 17:34-35, KJV)

Miniscule number of overall mentions throughout the Bible, passages like that above which suggest it isn't a high priority issue and doing so expressly, the fact that it was accepted throughout various historical Christian societies, and that the only strong line against it is in a section of the bible completely rejected by current Christians and scholars at this point and appears more in reference to violent sex than loving sex.

But obviously there are thousands of contradictions throughout the Bible, the whole lot should be thrown in the trash. But it definitely doesn't seem justifiable to completely reject gayness as being completely unacceptable by those who are Christian.
Last edited by JLBB 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.

JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Post by JLBB » 1 year ago

That Guy wrote:
1 year ago
The bible makes it very clear that gay = bad.

So, not really...
It certainly doesn't make it "very" clear, it has a very small number of statements on it, some of which strongly conflict, and on top of that the main claim is the story of Sodom which is blatantly not about homosexuality, and only someone with a child's level of reading comprehension would interpret it as such.

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by blackg » 1 year ago

That Guy wrote:
1 year ago
My god...

So, If I'm feeling like showing off an ostentatious display of my sexuality, you'll have no problem with me, right in broad daylight, fucking your wife (because I know you're into that) in the ass right in the middle of a busy street as school let's out, right?
I'd rather hire you two a hotel room.
Will my America ever be great again?

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by blackg » 1 year ago

JeanLucBB wrote:
1 year ago
The section of the old testament it comes from is rejected as fundamental by Christian scholars at this point, its should be noted the miniscule extent to which it is discussed compared to vices such as greed, murder or theft in the Bible too. This same passage advocates the death penalty for adultery, also which no Christian accepts at this point or has for a very, very long time.

The story of Sodom absolutely is not about homosexuality specifically, to relate a case about rape and sexual violence against angels as to be about homosexuality is nonsensical. Its just poor reading comprehension on behalf of Christians. The Leviticus passage you mention again seems to be used more in an understanding of violent of ritual sex rather than loving or affectionate sex.

Also this passage in relation to rapture and who is left behind seems to suggest that it isn't a fundamental issue.

I tell you, in that night,
there shall be two men in one bed;
the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.
Two women shall be grinding together;
the one shall be taken, and the other left.
(Luke 17:34-35, KJV)

Miniscule number of overall mentions throughout the Bible, passages like that above which suggest it isn't a high priority issue and doing so expressly, the fact that it was accepted throughout various historical Christian societies, and that the only strong line against it is in a section of the bible completely rejected by current Christians and scholars at this point and appears more in reference to violent sex than loving sex.

But obviously there are thousands of contradictions throughout the Bible, the whole lot should be thrown in the trash. But it definitely doesn't seem justifiable to completely reject gayness as being completely unacceptable by those who are Christian.
I'm liking what I'm hearing from you lately. And yes, interpretation is key when interpreting these ancient texts.
Will my America ever be great again?

That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by That Guy » 1 year ago

blackg wrote:
1 year ago
I'd rather hire you two a hotel room.
Why though? What do you have against my ostentatious display? It's "nothing to be ashamed of" so why should I hide it?

The bible also states in Matthew 19:3

When asked about marriage, Jesus States:

"Have you not read that the one who made them at the beginning “made them male and female”, and said, “For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh”? So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate"

and there are many more examples. The thing about the christian bible is that it was compiled in Rome by a committee in the 4th or 5th century. They literally decided on what to include or exclude. As such, because it contains many different writings from different people at different times, it allows more room for interpretation than other texts.

It's plainly obvious that homosexuality is considered immoral and a sin that will write you out of God's will by most of the writings in the book and that was true in the majority of Christendom. If this was really so complicated, proponents that the gay is a-okay in the bible wouldn't have to scramble, stretch and re-interpret a lot of old writings so much.

You know who really hates gays, even today? Muslims. Do you feel that mosques should also have no say in letting in gays?

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Dustasteride 0.5 milligrams daily, Finasteride 1mg topical, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 1 year ago

It was also very unanimous as well. Over ninety percent of the people who voted support
LGBT people, and letting them participate, become new members (which is now encouraged).

As for the people who left the church, which was at least ten percent, the outcome would
have still been the same.

This has been a polarizing issue to a lot of people. A lot of the members who left, did not
bring everybody with them. For example, some couples who left because of this still had
a child, uncle, or aunt that remained with the church.

SmootheSailing
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Regimen: minoxidil + Nizoral

Post by SmootheSailing » 1 year ago

That Guy wrote:
1 year ago
My god...

Having a problem with something does not equate to banning it outright.

Banning something outright is difficult because we all differ on what we consider degenerate or disgusting.

For example most people agree people should be able to make out in public, although I might personally not be a fan of it if two guys were making out right in front of me on the tram, this is my issue to deal with, not theirs.

On the other hand most people happen to agree that being naked, or having sexual intercourse, in a public area is disgusting and should be banned. And thus it's the people who are doing it that are the problem.

I certainly don't like that there gay guys running around in panties on the streets, but I think banning it, rather than discouraging it, is probably a bad move. But if the majority agree that it should be banned, then so it will.

Murkey Thumb
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie

Post by Murkey Thumb » 1 year ago

46450962_2194159917285533_4840897930409803776_n.jpg
46450962_2194159917285533_4840897930409803776_n.jpg (62.87 KiB) Viewed 1386 times

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: Dustasteride 0.5 milligrams daily, Finasteride 1mg topical, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 1 year ago

Murkey Thumb wrote:
1 year ago
46450962_2194159917285533_4840897930409803776_n.jpg

Maybe Jesus was gay?

C4L
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW7
Regimen: none

Post by C4L » 1 year ago

There is no discrimination of LGBTQIAPK (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex, Asexual, Polygamous/polyamorous, Kink) people they're just producing too much of noise.
Russians must save Europe from the racist liberal elite.