IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
Post Reply
User avatar
Hairblues
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 969
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1739
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by Hairblues » 2 months ago

Rudiger wrote:
2 months ago
I looked up this Hot Jafar "phenomenon" and who finds him hot? A bunch of BuzzFeed and Jezebel gay journalists who want to feel they're being inclusive.

Of course average looking gay guys find anything attractive so they are partially telling the truth.
I’m attracted to white men, some Latino men and some black men.
I’ve never been attracted to middle eastern or Asian. There are a few outliers (Omar sharif?)
Last edited by Hairblues 2 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

CaptainForehead
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 306
Joined: 11 months ago
Reputation: 563
Norwood: NW7
Regimen: Avoid mirrors and other reflective surfaces

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by CaptainForehead » 2 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
2 months ago


But Marwan Kenzari, who plays Jafar in the live-action remake of Aladdin, is now immortalized in the "hot Jafar" gif.
Image
:eggplant: :eggplant: :eggplant:

Looks like he has weak wrists though.
Last edited by CaptainForehead 2 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1577
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 3852
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 2 months ago

Rudiger wrote:
2 months ago
I looked up this Hot Jafar "phenomenon" and who finds him hot? A bunch of BuzzFeed and Jezebel gay journalists who want to feel they're being inclusive.

Of course average looking gay guys find anything attractive so they are partially telling the truth.
What a strange thing to get activated over.

Anyway I re-googled it to make sure -- it is not just BuzzFeed and Jezebel. I see Entertainment Weekly, USA Today, Inverse, Cinemablend, USA Today, etc. All on the first page, with no Jezebel in sight. It's mostly women writing about it, at least on the first few pages of Google hits.

But I did notice a sizable fraction of gay men, around 30%, lol.

I don't know why Google showed us different links but their search has been crapifying for a long time.

Added in 1 minute 50 seconds:
Hairblues wrote:
2 months ago
I’m attracted to white men, some Latino men and some black men.
I’ve never been attracted to middle eastern or Asian. There are a few outliers (Omar sharif?)
We all have our preferences.

I wish that I liked fat or Black women, life would be easier.

Older women I sometimes find hot though, as long as they've kept in shape and kept their teeth clean. Some white hairs or a white streak can look great.
Last edited by Afro_Vacancy 2 months ago, edited 2 times in total.

CaptainForehead
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 306
Joined: 11 months ago
Reputation: 563
Norwood: NW7
Regimen: Avoid mirrors and other reflective surfaces

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by CaptainForehead » 2 months ago

Hairblues wrote:
2 months ago
You got to have a lump sum, when we have a drop which is every 10-20 years you buy the ones you know will come back strong. That’s what I did in 2008. you have to use a little common sense and it’s a safe bet. But it is a bet.
That's timing the bottom which is notoriously difficult to do (it has been compared to catching a falling knife).


What is your net worth now if I may ask?

Added in 5 minutes 29 seconds:
Afro_Vacancy wrote:
2 months ago
In spite of the fact that this looks like a counterexample to the notion that women crave men with money, I was still very jealous. I don't claim to have a handle on the extent to which a fat wallet turns on women ... But God damn I wish that I had it.

Even if money doesn't buy love, it goes a long way. To not have to worry about short term deadlines, to be able to take time off if you're sick, to go on one or two legitimate vacations a year ... It sounds great.

I have a way of knowing that even men value money. When I swipe on apps, I simply don't see many unattractive women with high paying jobs like surgeon or whatever. That's most likely because they were able to find partners.

I have no conception of what I would do with legitimate money. But if I were to move one level up I'd have a nicer apartment, a nicer car, and more savings.
Did you consider working on wall street at some point? With your science background you must have been approached by recruiters.

User avatar
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1577
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 3852
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 2 months ago

CaptainForehead wrote:
2 months ago
That's timing the bottom which is notoriously difficult to do (it has been compared to catching a falling knife).


What is your net worth now if I may ask?

Added in 5 minutes 29 seconds:


Did you consider working on wall street at some point? With your science background you must have been approached by recruiters.
Yes but the right time was right after PhD. It would be harder now -- men in their 20s have more energy than men in their 30s.

Wall Street pays more, but it also a lot more difficult. A lot of people leave for the defense industry and for data science. Those jobs pay less, maybe 125,000+benefits to start, but they offer better work life balance.

I don't understand what's up with the defense industry by the way. I've seen some inept or mediocre people get great jobs there.

CaptainForehead
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 306
Joined: 11 months ago
Reputation: 563
Norwood: NW7
Regimen: Avoid mirrors and other reflective surfaces

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by CaptainForehead » 2 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
2 months ago
Yes but the right time was right after PhD. It would be harder now -- men in their 20s have more energy than men in their 30s.

Wall Street pays more, but it also a lot more difficult. A lot of people leave for the defense industry and for data science. Those jobs pay less, maybe 125,000+benefits to start, but they offer better work life balance.

I don't understand what's up with the defense industry by the way. I've seen some inept or mediocre people get great jobs there.
Govt contracts.

User avatar
Hairblues
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 969
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1739
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by Hairblues » 2 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
2 months ago
What a strange thing to get activated over.

Anyway I re-googled it to make sure -- it is not just BuzzFeed and Jezebel. I see Entertainment Weekly, USA Today, Inverse, Cinemablend, USA Today, etc. All on the first page, with no Jezebel in sight. It's mostly women writing about it, at least on the first few pages of Google hits.

But I did notice a sizable fraction of gay men, around 30%, lol.

I don't know why Google showed us different links but their search has been crapifying for a long time.

Added in 1 minute 50 seconds:


We all have our preferences.

I wish that I liked fat or Black women, life would be easier.

Older women I sometimes find hot though, as long as they've kept in shape and kept their teeth clean. Some white hairs or a white streak can look great.

Yeah I never had sex with a guy who wasn’t fit.

User avatar
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1577
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 3852
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 2 months ago

CaptainForehead wrote:
2 months ago
Govt contracts.
They still need to be able to design weapons that work.

Maybe they're not lol.

User avatar
Hairblues
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 969
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1739
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by Hairblues » 2 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
2 months ago
They still need to be able to design weapons that work.

Maybe they're not lol.
I know you listed it someplace but can’t find.

Who do you like if Dems? Or who can you tolerate? Lol

After debates my perspective shifted
I like after debates.


Warren
Harris (mostly for her ability to fight)
Amy Klobuchar (an old fav of mine)
I’ve got a fondness for
Tulsie Ganbard also but she doesn’t seem possible.

I feel very sexist in writing this, but the women killed the debate. It may change over the next few months.

CaptainForehead
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 306
Joined: 11 months ago
Reputation: 563
Norwood: NW7
Regimen: Avoid mirrors and other reflective surfaces

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by CaptainForehead » 2 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
2 months ago
They still need to be able to design weapons that work.

Maybe they're not lol.
I'm sure they have some very bright people. They may also have a bunch of not-so-smart overpaid ones,

User avatar
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1577
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 3852
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 2 months ago

The United States of America is now 241 years old.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

CaptainForehead
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 306
Joined: 11 months ago
Reputation: 563
Norwood: NW7
Regimen: Avoid mirrors and other reflective surfaces

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by CaptainForehead » 2 months ago

treason_day.jpg
treason_day.jpg (52.42 KiB) Viewed 331 times

User avatar
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1577
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 3852
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 2 months ago

Sam Witwer, a God among men.

Image

CaptainForehead
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 306
Joined: 11 months ago
Reputation: 563
Norwood: NW7
Regimen: Avoid mirrors and other reflective surfaces

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by CaptainForehead » 2 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
2 months ago
Sam Witwer, a God among men.

Image
I do not find him particularly attractive :(

User avatar
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1577
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 3852
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 2 months ago

CaptainForehead wrote:
2 months ago
I do not find him particularly attractive :(
He's perfect. Trim, tall, strong, full-head, ...

he even has dimples.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Admin, Google Adsense [Bot] and 4 guests