IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 2 months ago

Admin wrote:
2 months ago
Could you elaborate on that please?
A diversity statement is a one page document where you discuss your views on diversity. Some one half of schools (approximately) are requesting one. It's a difficult thing to write, because you don't know who's reading it. I'm just discussing my general philosophy, and I list some examples of where I've tried to help out. For example, I once wrote an instruction manual for international students and researchers, to help them follow administrative rules.

One of the hidden agendas of these kinds of essays is to see if the candidate is capable of writing.

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW3.5

Post by JasonStatham » 2 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
2 months ago
A diversity statement is a one page document where you discuss your views on diversity.
You are kidding right?

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Adenosin shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling

Post by Admin » 2 months ago

JasonStatham wrote:
2 months ago
You are kidding right?
As Suiss and Belgian, it's normal for us to have that reaction.

But in the anglosphere, the radical leftists have already infiltrated a lot of institutions.

So yeah, "please tell me what you think about diversity" is a tool they use to weed out the people who will not play along and cause trouble (meaning you will actually have your own opinion) inside the institution or company at which you're applying.

In my company for example, it's not there at all at the Belgian level. I had an interview for a new position a couple of weeks ago and this diversity nonsense was never brought up at any part of the screening process, except at the end of the ad which had to stipulate the platitude "we encourage diversity!", but that comes from the international level.

So no, he's not kidding. Personally, if a company requests a "diversity statement" as part of the hiring process, I'll take a pass without hesitation, the company's corrupt and they will eventually have to pay for the mistake of getting tangled up with radical political activists.
Hair transplants: 2000 graft (May 2014) and 2024 graft (January 2018) FUE's with Dr. De Reys for front and mid-scalp - Last hair transplant: ~1000 grafts on crown area (February 2019)

Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » 2 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
2 months ago
One of the hidden agendas of these kinds of essays is to see if the candidate is capable of writing.
Oh yeah because THAT'S the hidden agenda you should be concerned about here.
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW3.5

Post by JasonStatham » 2 months ago

Admin wrote:
2 months ago
As Suiss and Belgian, it's normal for us to have that reaction.
Well in a few years it will be soon on that level.

Not long ago I read an article of a CERN scientist getting fired because he said: "physics was invented and built by men"
So yeah, even in Switzerland you are not safe from the left.

https://worldradio.ch/news/2018/10/02/c ... sentation/

CaptainForehead
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Norwood: NW7
Regimen: Avoid mirrors and other reflective surfaces

Post by CaptainForehead » 2 months ago

California.jpg
California.jpg (175.72 KiB) Viewed 534 times

CaptainForehead
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice

Post by CaptainForehead » 2 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
2 months ago
I'm in the process of applying for academic jobs, for which I need cover letters, CVs, research statements, teaching statements, and sometimes diversity statements. I've been reading about how to write them better, and getting feedback from people. It's helpful, but I can't help but feel annoyed that I didn't know these things before. It would have saved time.
Good luck! Are you going to stay in the US?

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Shaving

Post by Arjen » 2 months ago

I was sent a VICE-article suggesting that when it comes to long-term -dating, women make huge sacrifices in terms of looks and are visually superior to their partners. The article also suggests that women with conventionally attractive men (which for women is what 9+ men are for males) are less happy, as they feel under pressure to maintain their body shape. At this point, such articles only make me chuckle.
Having said that: I bumped into the pretty girl (a 7) that I'd briefly met and talked to in the elevator of my new apartment complex.
This time she was with her boyfriend: tall, good face, nice hair, lean, also smart and friendly - a 7.5. And he's a manager at the same big four company she works as an assistant for... :lol:

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Adenosin shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling

Post by Admin » 2 months ago

I didn't have a Twitter account before I created one for this website. And now I'm using it to comment on tweets.

So I replied to that tweet about how it was great that people were getting engaged by becoming activists. So I just questioned the legitimacy of those movements and suggested that if people are serious about their political engagement, they should join (or create for that matter) a political party and gain legitimate power through the democratic process.

And surprise, triggered authoritarian leftists saw my picture of Prince William and guess what happened:

rps20181117_150723.jpg
rps20181117_150723.jpg (62.02 KiB) Viewed 462 times

Translation: "You're bald and frustrated, calm down grandpa!"

Usual conclusion: it's just hair brah.
Hair transplants: 2000 graft (May 2014) and 2024 graft (January 2018) FUE's with Dr. De Reys for front and mid-scalp - Last hair transplant: ~1000 grafts on crown area (February 2019)

CaptainForehead
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice

Post by CaptainForehead » 1 month ago

@Admin
NSFW
No offence intended
NSFW
Please don't ban me
NSFW
surprise.jpg
surprise.jpg (97.91 KiB) Viewed 417 times

blackg
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by blackg » 1 month ago

Arjen wrote:
2 months ago

Having said that: I bumped into the pretty girl (a 7) that I'd briefly met and talked to in the elevator of my new apartment complex.
This time she was with her boyfriend: tall, good face, nice hair, lean, also smart and friendly - a 7.5. And he's a manager at the same big four company she works as an assistant for... :lol:
Those 7.5 men are trouble in the long run, yet they always make for great business managers.
Ban the lipstick tax!

koolaidshade
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Regimen: big 3, microneedling for absorption

Post by koolaidshade » 1 month ago

I just wanna have some chill girlfriend who's at least as hot as riley reid to walk around public with and other girls to see me with her. there i said it

rclark
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 1 month ago

koolaidshade wrote:
1 month ago
I just wanna have some chill girlfriend who's at least as hot as riley reid to walk around public with and other girls to see me with her. there i said it
Hopefully for you, those other girls will be bisexual.

blackg
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by blackg » 1 month ago

koolaidshade wrote:
1 month ago
There is more to life than walking around with a hot girl on your arm and this is a very shallow pursuit.

You should do what I'm doing at the moment and sponsor a couple of refugee kids.
Ban the lipstick tax!

Pat
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Dutasteride, minoxidil, ketokonazole, dermarolling.

Post by Pat » 1 month ago

I was talking about Ballon d'Or to a girl the other day, and I was explaining why I thought Modric didn't deserve it. She agreed with me, and added "and he's so ugly." as if that were a reason for him to not deserve it. Potent suicide fuel.