IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by blackg » 1 week ago

nameless wrote: 1 week ago @blackg whatever happened between you and the woman you planned to try to date?
I'm glad you asked. We have a date this Saturday night (Saturday morning U.S. time). I actually worked up the courage to talk to her: After the first night of having conversations every time I went to the bar, the second night I asked her if we should get a drink together one night.

Her reply was "I was actually going to ask you, so I'm glad you asked me first."
I thought I was hearing things!!
Anyway, it's dinner and drinks this Saturday night and I'm nervous already.

Added in 1 hour 32 minutes 53 seconds:
Thanks @Yettee and @Guest-4.
Last edited by blackg 1 week ago, edited 1 time in total.
Straight outta Del Boca Vista!

nameless
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

Post by nameless » 1 week ago

blackg wrote: 1 week ago I'm glad you asked. We have a date this Saturday night (Sunday morning U.S. time). I actually worked up the courage to talk to her: After the first night of having conversations every time I went to the bar, the second night I asked her if we should get a drink together one night.

Her reply was "I was actually going to ask you, so I'm glad you asked me first."
I thought I was hearing things!!
Anyway, it's dinner and drinks this Saturday night and I'm nervous already.

It seems odd that you didn't mention this success earlier without me having to ask you about it. And her reported reply seems a tad contrived. It doesn't sound like the way women really talk. All that having been said, if you're telling the truth I wish you luck. Always good when the bald guy scores a win.

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

nameless wrote: 1 week ago It seems odd that you didn't mention this success earlier without me having to ask you about it. And her reported reply seems a tad contrived. It doesn't sound like the way women really talk. All that having been said, if you're telling the truth I wish you luck. Always good when the bald guy scores a win.
Things are off to a bad start, nameless.
I just rang her then to finalise plans for Saturday night.

It's just after lunch time here, Friday afternoon and during our conversation the subject of age came up. She then asked: "how old are you by the way?"

When I replied that I'm 40 years old there was a silent pause for a few seconds then she replied with a nervous laugh and said "that's only five years younger then my dad."
She is only 23, and she thought I was younger!

Anyway she still agreed to a date but I feel the whole tone has shifted. It's now more like she's just fulfilling a commitment, or worse still... a sympathy date.

koolaidshade
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: semen retention, real social dynamics, 12 rules for life

Post by koolaidshade » 1 week ago

a 23 year old thought that you, a 40 year old, was younger than her? slayer

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

koolaidshade wrote: 1 week ago a 23 year old thought that you, a 40 year old, was younger than her? slayer
I think the lighting helps at the bar she works at.

Exodus
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW6
Regimen: nothing

Post by Exodus » 1 week ago

Are you trolling us blackg? Lmao

Added in 1 minute 20 seconds:
Uncle Grandfather wrote: 1 week ago Holy shit you're a Sole!
Shoe sole?

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Exodus wrote: 1 week ago Are you trolling us blackg? Lmao
No, the date is now less then 24 hours away and I'm having second thoughts.

And regarding the lighting in this bar where she works and I drink. It is very friendly as some of the costumers can't believe I'm 40 either.

Added in 16 minutes 4 seconds:
koolaidshade wrote: 1 week ago a 23 year old thought that you, a 40 year old, was younger than her? slayer
No, no. Just younger in general, from my real age I guess.

Guest-4
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Guest-4 » 1 week ago

This article reminds me of @Admin,

How Progressives Made America Fat
It’s not about the junk food, but the junk leftists.
Fri Jul 31, 2020 Daniel Greenfield 88

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/2020/0 ... AXySmMJFig
Opening paragraphs of article wrote:Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s legacy is tied up with his soda tax. The billionaire’s campaign against sweets captured the sourness of his two terms in office. While the jokes are ubiquitous, did it actually work?

Bloomberg occupied the top position in New York City government from 2002 to 2013. During that time, the New York City health department recorded that obesity rates rose from 27% to 32%.

Uncle Grandfather
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW3
Regimen: 1 mg Finasteride, Saw Palmetto, Nizoral, Regenepure, Alcepin

Post by Uncle Grandfather » 1 week ago

Exodus wrote: 1 week ago Added in 1 minute 20 seconds:

Shoe sole?
Nah, "so-lay." It's a term Samoans call each other, kind of like their version of "nigga."
Good sense, innocence, cripplin' mankind

Wire
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW7
Regimen: Overeat

Post by Wire » 1 week ago

hair.jpg
hair.jpg (154.73 KiB) Viewed 1967 times

Exodus
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW6
Regimen: nothing

Post by Exodus » 1 week ago

Wire wrote: 1 week agohair.jpg
Man I hate normies lmao. So much stupidity in one picture. But last panel is legit lol

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Date update for those interested:@Yettee, @Guest-4, @nameless and the like.

I took this woman to a rather modest restaurant near to where we both live. Luckily for me, she is a simple eater as well, so there was no embarrassment on ordering a basic chicken schnitzel and salad meal.
She ordered the same as me and even drank a couple of beers!
What a chick!!

Anyway that was about the high point of the date because as the night - and stilted conversation progressed - it soon became obvious that the age difference was just too wide (23 to 40).
I actually felt a bit embarrassed at points when I was trying to sound interested in some of the things she mentioned.
Concerns that people of her age group consider important, of which I have left behind.
And she probably found my perspective a little baffling or most likely dull. You see, I have done most of the things in life that I consider important.
I'm quite content.

Not to say that this girl is busting with a sense of urgency. Just that she seems to feel the expectations her family and peers have placed on her. Though, she is aware that she is not the only one in this predicament.

Anyway we parted with an understanding of the fundamental age difference and agreed to just "maybe do this again."

P.S. I don't know what the fuck happened with the script but at least it looks important now.

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Nada

Post by EvilLocks » 1 week ago

blackg wrote: 1 week ago Date update for those interested:@Yettee, @Guest-4, @nameless and the like.

I took this woman to a rather modest restaurant near to where we both live. Luckily for me, she is a simple eater as well, so there was no embarrassment on ordering a basic chicken schnitzel and salad meal.
She ordered the same as me and even drank a couple of beers!
What a chick!!

Anyway that was about the high point of the date because as the night - and stilted conversation progressed - it soon became obvious that the age difference was just too wide (23 to 40).
I actually felt a bit embarrassed at points when I was trying to sound interested in some of the things she mentioned.
Concerns that people of her age group consider important, of which I have left behind.
And she probably found my perspective a little baffling or most likely dull. You see, I have done most of the things in life that I consider important.
I'm quite content.

Not to say that this girl is busting with a sense of urgency. Just that she seems to feel the expectations her family and peers have placed on her. Though, she is aware that she is not the only one in this predicament.

Anyway we parted with an understanding of the fundamental age difference and agreed to just "maybe do this again."

P.S. I don't know what the fuck happened with the script but at least it looks important now.
Oh well, at least you took a hot 23 yr old on a date, not everybody can say that. It means you have a bit of game 😊

Guest-4
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Guest-4 » 1 week ago

EvilLocks wrote: 1 week ago Oh well, at least you took a hot 23 yr old on a date, not everybody can say that. It means you have a bit of game 😊
How do you know that @blackg simply doesn't look like a Chad? Perhaps we should call him chadg?

Added in 1 minute 14 seconds:
Meanwhile, here in one of the epicenters of the pandemic, I had a 40 minute date over zoom. It was my first Zoom date lol.

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Nada

Post by EvilLocks » 1 week ago

Guest-4 wrote: 1 week ago How do you know that @blackg simply doesn't look like a Chad? Perhaps we should call him chadg?

Added in 1 minute 14 seconds:
Meanwhile, here in one of the epicenters of the pandemic, I had a 40 minute date over zoom. It was my first Zoom date lol.
He could very well be, all I know about him is that he's 40 but looks younger, is somewhere on the Norwood spectrum and that he likes to troll ;)
Anyway he must be pretty good looking if a 23 year old was interested to begin with (before she knew his age)

Zoom date? So that's what the kids are up to today xD