IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
CaptainForehead
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Norwood: NW7
Regimen: Avoid mirrors and other reflective surfaces

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by CaptainForehead » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:08 am

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:20 am
Career stress ...

I had a lot of data from a while back, beautiful data, that I finally had time to start thinking about this week. It doesn't come in a natural format, it needs to be compiled, etc. At first, I interpreted it incorrectly, and I started having panic attacks. I worried that I must have fucked up, and I imagined various other people that I've met chastising me for it, for being wasteful and incompetent, for being so sloppy that I couldn't even prepare for my best idea ... I just couldn't function during the late afternoon. I skipped dinner today. My heart was racing.

It turns out that everything that I had done prior to today was fine (probably). I just done a few small errors in my calculations today, educational errors too. It's all good and I'm more relaxed now. But I can't keep converging to a racing heart and catastrophizing on such a regular basis, it will kill me.

There's this job application due soon. I have most of the materials set up for it. All I had to do today was set up a username and password for the website of that job application, and I couldn't get around to doing it.
Sorry bro
Last edited by CaptainForehead on Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Shaving

Post by Arjen » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:00 pm

CaptainForehead wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:08 am
Can relate, a few weeks back my boss sent me an "we need to talk" email (the email itself did not mention the concrete issues). The actual meeting went fine, only a couple of minor issues, and I'm glad for the feedback, but the day before I could not sleep, racing heart. I think I probably have PTSD from life.
I don‘t think it‘s recommendable to send such emails, especially if you make the other person wait for a day until they know more. Eithet it‘s amateurish or a person who secretly enjoys exerting some power and creating insecurity or even panic.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil, Stemoxydine and Adenosin shampoo
- 1.5mm dermarolling 1x a week

Post by Admin » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:44 am

So my general manager recently announced that the project that my team was working on was going to be dropped altogether.

I didn't realize it at first but that was not that easy emotionally, you're working on something for more than 2 years and they tell you that it failed.

Thankfully, I had been approached by other people at work to integrate their team and I should have a new job soon, fingers crossed.

I guess it's something that many people have experienced during their career, and I completely understand the decision since in our sector, we were a David trying to compete against a handful of Goliaths.
Hair transplants: 2000 graft (May 2014) and 2024 graft (January 2018) FUE's with Dr. De Reys for front and mid-scalp.

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Shaving

Post by Arjen » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:09 pm

Admin wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:44 am
So my general manager recently announced that the project that my team was working on was going to be dropped altogether.

I didn't realize it at first but that was not that easy emotionally, you're working on something for more than 2 years and they tell you that it failed.

Thankfully, I had been approached by other people at work to integrate their team and I should have a new job soon, fingers crossed.

I guess it's something that many people have experienced during their career, and I completely understand the decision since in our sector, we were a David trying to compete against a handful of Goliaths.
I’ve never worked as a consultant and/or a project manager, but we’ve had them in-house and it seems common and even foreseeable that it happens.

Do you really mean new job or new task/project?

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:36 pm

Arjen wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:09 pm
Do you really mean new job or new task/project?
New job and I will integrate the company that I'm working for as a consultant.
Hair transplants: 2000 graft (May 2014) and 2024 graft (January 2018) FUE's with Dr. De Reys for front and mid-scalp.

koolaidshade
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Regimen: big 3, microneedling for absorption

Post by koolaidshade » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:46 am

today i got such a rush from eating nestle drumsticks and potato chips (cooked in coconut oil) dipped in fat free ranch dip that i made

performance was shit at work since i looked forward to coming home and eating healthy-ish junk food and play dishonored

Pat
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Dutasteride, minoxidil, ketokonazole, dermarolling.

Post by Pat » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:50 am

koolaidshade wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:46 am
today i got such a rush from eating nestle drumsticks and potato chips (cooked in coconut oil) dipped in fat free ranch dip that i made

performance was shit at work since i looked forward to coming home and eating healthy-ish junk food and play dishonored
When it comes to icecream I only eat nogger.

quim
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Norwood: NW3.5
Regimen: nowt

Post by quim » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:00 am

Hey all, I'm high on Molly n Chardonnay. Anyone wanna just have a good old talk of utter gubbins?

Hairblues
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Post by Hairblues » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:03 pm

quim wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:00 am
Hey all, I'm high on Molly n Chardonnay. Anyone wanna just have a good old talk of utter gubbins?
:shock:

C4L
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: dropped finasteride after almost 2 years

Post by C4L » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:03 pm

Megyn Kelly is hot.

quim
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Norwood: NW3.5
Regimen: nowt

Post by quim » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:48 am

Christ alive sleep eludes me still.

Someone just say something...

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:10 am

First visit to the hairdresser in 7 years in about one hour. I'm quite anxious about it, felt like an imposter when I booked the appointment and I still feel uncomfortable now.

Maybe it would have been much easier if I just shaved my head brah and started making dozens of YouTube videos about how much I don't care about being bald?!

Edit: ah well, I trusted the hairdresser and he buzzed the sides and cut it shorter on top, which makes the hair more see-through but makes me look better overall, provided I don't have a spotlight pointed at my hair. It was an old guy so he's seen his fair share of hair transplants, he told me that the donor area looked great, "you can't see any scar!" and he added that my surgeon would still be able to extract a 1000 grafts without any problem.

All things considered, that visit to the hairdresser put my mind at ease. But I think I'll do it myself next time. "Jamais mieux servi que par soi-même" as we say in French. Plus 28€! Damn, at that price maybe it's better to remain bald to save on hair cuts and shampoos?!

Hairblues
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Post by Hairblues » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:24 pm

Admin wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:10 am
First visit to the hairdresser in 7 years in about one hour. I'm quite anxious about it, felt like an imposter when I booked the appointment and I still feel uncomfortable now.

Maybe it would have been much easier if I just shaved my head brah and started making dozens of YouTube videos about how much I don't care about being bald?!

Edit: ah well, I trusted the hairdresser and he buzzed the sides and cut it shorter on top, which makes the hair more see-through but makes me look better overall, provided I don't have a spotlight pointed at my hair. It was an old guy so he's seen his fair share of hair transplants, he told me that the donor area looked great, "you can't see any scar!" and he added that my surgeon would still be able to extract a 1000 grafts without any problem.

All things considered, that visit to the hairdresser put my mind at ease. But I think I'll do it myself next time. "Jamais mieux servi que par soi-même" as we say in French. Plus 28€! Damn, at that price maybe it's better to remain bald to save on hair cuts and shampoos?!
I have not gotten a hair cut in 2 years. Obviously it’s different because my hair and it’s curly/bouncy and long. It doesn’t look ‘bad’ people compliment me when I style it but it would be easier to style/less time if I got a cut. I just hate sitting in that chair with the direct light.

I hate the way my stylist blows out my hair she somehow always emphasizes my trouble spots with product. Sometimes I catch her before she puts product in but usually I catch her too late and when it makes my roots look thinner/seperated.

Just that anxiety feeling of going I go to the densit and Gyno on regular basis; hair cut is much more uncomfortable and anxiety inducing.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:42 pm

Hairblues wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:24 pm
I have not gotten a hair cut in 2 years. Obviously it’s different because my hair and it’s curly/bouncy and long. It doesn’t look ‘bad’ people compliment me when I style it but it would be easier to style/less time if I got a cut. I just hate sitting in that chair with the direct light.

I hate the way my stylist blows out my hair she somehow always emphasizes my trouble spots with product. Sometimes I catch her before she puts product in but usually I catch her too late and when it makes my roots look thinner/seperated.

Just that anxiety feeling of going I go to the dentist and Gyno on regular basis; hair cut is much more uncomfortable and anxiety inducing.
Oh God I know what you mean. First I was like "it's fucked!", I should have done this myself! And the guy reassured me "don't worry it's the spotlight doing that" and hid it with a piece of cardboard.

It's really a balancing act once you've had hair transplants. The hairdresser was like "if you let it grow too long on top it's not pretty it a-looks like a wig" (with an Italian accent). People have told me this before even when I had a full head of hair, that I had a "wig hair cut". I know what most of us are thinking when it comes to that statement, "I'll take hair that looks like a wig over a shiny bald head!"

You let it grow on top and fade the sides and you really get your fullness in my case, barely see-through even under harsh lights. You cut it shorter and you're in the situation I'm in right now. It looks cleaner overall but now any harsh light won't be forgiving.

I felt the anxiety rushing as he was handling that messy bush that needs to be styled just right to look good. That's the price to pay if you go down the multiple hair transplant route as a NW6. But I think that between that and a slick bald head, it's a world of a difference.

yettee
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Minoxidil

Post by yettee » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:16 pm