IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by blackg » 3 weeks ago

Guest-2 wrote:
3 weeks ago
what is a global moderator group?
I'm confused, is this Hairblues or Afro?
VIVA LAS VEGAS!

Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, Nizoral shampoo, hope.

Post by Admin » 3 weeks ago

blackg wrote:
3 weeks ago
I'm confused, is this Hairblues or Afro?
Guest-2 is Hairblues and Guest-4 is Afro of course, pay attention! :p
Guest-2 wrote:
3 weeks ago
what is a global moderator group?
It's me and the moderators: @blackg, @Pat, and @kj6723.

Don't add it by accident like @nameless did recently :lol:.
:christian-cross:

Guest-2
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Post by Guest-2 » 3 weeks ago

Admin wrote:
3 weeks ago
Guest-2 is Hairblues and Guest-4 is Afro of course, pay attention! :p

It's me and the moderators: @blackg, @Pat, and @kj6723.

Don't add it by accident like @nameless did recently :lol:.
why is 'global admin' automatically added as a group on private messages?

Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, Nizoral shampoo, hope.

Guest-2 wrote:
3 weeks ago
It isn't. You have to click on 'Global moderators' and then 'Add' to have it in your recipients.

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Shaving

Post by Arjen » 3 weeks ago

Johnson wrote:
3 weeks ago
He's clearly shown no bias.

Seems theres no debate for you to conjure.
You don‘t even manage to answer my question.
Why would you phrase it like you did instead of „Never would have thought Rudiger would get himself banned“, if it were to express surprise regarding rudiger‘s behaviour rather than admin‘s handling of him.
Do you genuinely think your intelligence is at least average?

Johnson
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Post by Johnson » 3 weeks ago

Arjen wrote:
3 weeks ago
You don‘t even manage to answer my question.
Why would you phrase it like you did instead of „Never would have thought Rudiger would get himself banned“, if it were to express surprise regarding rudiger‘s behaviour rather than admin‘s handling of him.
Do you genuinely think your intelligence is at least average?
I did answer your question. You're pretending to be stupid. I dont believe you are this dense.

Added in 3 minutes 56 seconds:
He couldnt even see the positive - that to defend someone's nature after all their differences.

Thats how I know your motive is just to stir trouble.

Glad we can stop messaging each other from this point on.

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Shaving

Post by Arjen » 3 weeks ago

Johnson wrote:
3 weeks ago
I did answer your question. You're pretending to be stupid. I dont believe you are this dense.

Added in 3 minutes 56 seconds:
He couldnt even see the positive - that to defend someone's nature after all their differences.

Thats how I know your motive is just to stir trouble.

Glad we can stop messaging each other from this point on.
Poor Vietnamese pupils 😫.

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Guest-2 wrote:
3 weeks ago
I missed you. Your presence here is needed as is your opinion on the anti-white protests taking part around my favorite country -- the United States.

Love.
VIVA LAS VEGAS!

nameless
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

Post by nameless » 3 weeks ago

Admin wrote:
3 weeks ago
It isn't. You have to click on 'Global moderators' and then 'Add' to have it in your recipients.

When I was preparing a PM to send Afro i used the "find a member" function to look for Afro's username as I prepared the PM. The word Afro starts with an "A" so I searched under the letter A. Since "Global Morderators" starts with the letter "G" that means that Global Moderators wouldn't have even been visible for me to select when I selected to add Afro.

Also, I am now starting the process of composing a new message and I don't want to send a copy to "Global Moderators". I'm not pushing any button to add any recipient yet. I'm just pushing "compose" so I can start the process of preparing a PM. As soon as I push "compose" the words "Global Moderators" are automatically entered into "Add Groups" block without me doing anything to add anyone or any group. All I have to do is click on "compose message" and BANG! the words "Global Moderators" are automatically entered into the "Add groups" block just from me clicking on "compose message.

I can't see any link in my PM page that will let me get "Global Moderators" out of the "Add Groups" block. Do you have instructions for how to remove "Global Admins" from the "Add groups" block?

And for the record, I also don't see any link anywhere on my PM page that would have made it possible for me to add "Global Moderators".
Last edited by nameless 3 weeks ago, edited 2 times in total.

Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

If you added the group by mistake, click on that little cross on the left to remove it from the recipients:

remove_recipients.jpg
remove_recipients.jpg (30.4 KiB) Viewed 1769 times

nameless
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Admin wrote:
3 weeks ago
If you added the group by mistake, click on that little cross on the left to remove it from the recipients:

remove_recipients.jpg
The words "Global Moderators" are not in the recipient space. They are only in the "Add groups" space and there is no "X" to the left of those words.

Oops! It's probably just there in the 'Add group" space to allow posters to select it from there and move it into the recipient space if they want to.

Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

nameless wrote:
3 weeks ago
The words "Global Moderators" are not in the recipient space. They are only in the "Add groups" space and there is no "X" to the left of those words.
Then it's not added as recipient, your PM will not be sent to the group.

nameless
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Admin wrote:
3 weeks ago
Then it's not added as recipient, your PM will not be sent to the group.
I figured it out just seconds before you told me.

The PMs are not going to Moderators after all. I simply made a mistake and misinterpreted something I saw. I apologize for my mistaken accusation regarding this one issue.

@Guest-2

Added in 24 minutes 20 seconds:
blackg wrote:
3 weeks ago
That's right, @rclark evey board has them and that's why I've never understood people leaving this site then going on to cop more abuse at another site. You can't run away from life!

We are all victims at one point or another. Resilience is in bouncing back.
You're trying to normalize people using the N-word as an insult and so is rclark.

Here's in italics is what rclark is saying to Afro -

"Hey Afro, I love you, man. Please come back here and read posts of people calling you "nigg_r and "kike". It's OK for people to call you "Nig_er and "kike. You need to get used to being called these names so come back so posters here can call you "nig_ger" and "kike". This is how your new normal should be. Your new normal should be you being called "N-word and "kike". You know I love you man. That's why I want you to come back here to read posts with people calling you those names. Doesn't that prove I love you, man?"

rclark, you can respond to me if you want to but I won't see your stupid shit because I'm leaving as soon as i'm done with this post. And since you and blackg think it's a good idea to call African people "Nigg_rs" and "kikes" why don't you two go stand face-to-face with some black protesters out in the streets and tell them that they need to be called "nigge_s" and "kike" and see what happens to you.

Goodbye creeps.
Last edited by nameless 3 weeks ago, edited 1 time in total.

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Later, name'o.
VIVA LAS VEGAS!

nameless
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Johnson wrote:
3 weeks ago
In defense of the person in question - I'm almost certain they arent racist and are just using that language to piss the target off because its so easy.

The joke here is more or less on the victim.
Johnson, you always seem to think things are sunnier than they actually are. I'm not saying that, that makes you a bad person or anything like that. As a matter of fact, I think it means you look for hope in every scenario. You look at things in a hopeful and bright way. But sometimes things aren't as pretty as you perceive them to be. There is some ugly in the world. Everybody and everything isn't beautiful. There are mean people in this world. There are ugly people and ugly things in this world.

And I remember 5 or 6 days ago you posted a hopeful post that said you were confident that Afro wasn't bothered by JLBBs racist attack against him. And shortly thereafter Afro posted that he was "hurt" by JLBBs racist attack. So, in that case your hopefulness didn't really apply to the reality of the situation.

Johnson, down below there are 2 posts (in italics) that I copied from previous days in this very thread. The first post is by you and the second post is by Afro, calling himself "guest-4".

In the first post you express confidence that Afro isn't bothered by JLBBs racial insults. Then in the 2nd post, which is by Afro himself, Afro says he was "hurt" by JLBBs racial insults. Obviously, this means you were mistaken about how Afro felt about JLBBS racial insults. I'm curious to know whether seeing that you were mistaken about how Afro felt about these insults might make you think that perhaps hopefulness might not work in the present situation? For example, when good things are happening and someone is being hopeful it all works together and everything is great. But when bad things are happening and someone is being hopeful the picture doesn't work well at all because the hopefulness contrasts starkly with the bad events that are actually happening.

I'm not badmouthing you so don't take this personal. As a matter of fact, I'm saying that in the best of times you are the very best guy in the world to have around. But when things are going badly doesn't hopefulness seem out of kilter. Here's the bottom line: JLBB & Rudiger ARE mean bigots and bullies. They are saying bigoted things to hurt some people here. JLBB in particular has been calling Afro a "kike" for days and this is after he just got back from a ban for calling Afro a "kike". in my opinion hopefullness really doesn't work for this situation. JLBB needs to be gotten rid of.
Johnson wrote:
1 month ago
I've got jews in my family but they are religious jews and not ethnic jews so the slurs dont annoy me personally.

I actually get more annoyed by the anti Israeli left wing who see the debate as black and white; good guys vs bad guys polarity.

As for afro, I cant speak on his behalf but he's got pretty thick skin and he's tolerant so he's probably not even thinking about it.
Guest-4 wrote:
1 month ago
I've only skimmed the past few pages, so I can't speak for the entire discussion and I'm going to apologize if I missed anybody's points on the matter.

First of all, it's not up to me, @blackg, or @nameless to ask for an apology. In general, I don't believe in asking for apologies. I think that it has to come from the person who made the offense, without prompting.

As for JLBB's post, yes, it was hate speech. I was of several emotions from it. One was of hurt and betrayal, as I didn't expect that from. The other was of disappointed in myself, as clearly I was mistaken in assuming better. I wondered what it said about me that I had made that error. The third was in feeling sorry for him, regardless of his other issues, he is clearly a very intelligent man with a lot of potential, and this trait of indulgent short temper may hold him back.

I did speculate that he wanted to get banned. That may be true. There's an easier way to do that though: Just ask @Admin for a thirty-day or sixty-day ban.