IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by blackg » 3 weeks ago

Arjen wrote:
3 weeks ago
If Pat is a good mod, he bans Rudiger.
Lol!! I can not countenance the banning of Rudiger.

Added in 1 hour 23 minutes 25 seconds:
Char wrote:
3 weeks ago
Ever since Fred left this forum became inactive.
This site is dying.
Maybe Discord is doing better.
You could help out by posting a little more. You have some interesting observations.
Admin wrote:
3 weeks ago
Only very slightly. It was mostly the existent hair becoming less frizzy thanks to a further healing of the scarring, which improves the hair's overall aesthetics. That kind of improvement can occur up to 1.5 to 2 years years after the hair transplant.

Sorry for the late reply, I hope you're doing alright in these strange times :).
Fred!!! Howz it going? We need you back here.
Will my America ever be great again?

Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, Nizoral shampoo, hope.

Post by Admin » 2 weeks ago

blackg wrote:
3 weeks ago
Fred!!! Howz it going? We need you back here.
I'm fine! Even though the days of confinement are really getting long now :|. But at least they're reopening hairdressers next week so thank God for that!

How is it going for you? :)
:christian-cross:

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by blackg » 2 weeks ago

Admin wrote:
2 weeks ago
I'm fine! Even though the days of confinement are really getting long now :|. But at least they're reopening hairdressers next week so thank God for that!

How is it going for you? :)
I'm good, mate. We are slowly opening up down here too. Bars soon, I hope.
We need to get the global economy started again.

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Dustasteride 0.5 milligrams daily, Finasteride 1mg topical, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 2 weeks ago

The Admin here is not giving me the power to delete my posts, and is threatening to ban me if he finds double posts.

For everybody who wonders why I no longer post here, that's why.

Tired of this dictator removing my posts that he disagrees with, and lying about it.

My last mention is here, @Admin, GO FUCK YOURSELF!

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

rclark wrote:
2 weeks ago
The Admin here is not giving me the power to delete my posts, and is threatening to ban me if he finds double posts.

Tired of this dictator removing my posts that he disagrees with, and lying about it.

What's going on, mate?

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Finasteride, RU58841, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » 2 weeks ago

rclark wrote:
2 weeks ago

It's hilarious how your last action is to properly do a mention which is what Fred wanted all along. You're a retard even in defiantly exiting in protest.
Look, fat...

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Dustasteride 0.5 milligrams daily, Finasteride 1mg topical, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 2 weeks ago

Rudiger wrote:
2 weeks ago
It's hilarious how your last action is to properly do a mention which is what Fred wanted all along. You're a retard even in defiantly exiting in protest.
You're the big retard. Go fuck yourself as well.

Who gives a fuck about my mentions, @asshole.

All you do is suck his dick every day. You think you're so much smarter than everybody else, but it's because you're delusional. Nobody feels that way except your own ego.

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: Finasteride, RU58841, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » 2 weeks ago

rclark wrote:
2 weeks ago
You're the big retard. Go fuck yourself as well.

Who gives a fuck about my mentions, @asshole.

All you do is suck his dick every day. You think you're so much smarter than everybody else, but it's because you're delusional. Nobody feels that way except your own ego.
How did you delete your double post I thought it wasn't possible? And you actually did the asshole mention incorrectly and then went back to edit it, hahahaha. You're really going out in style, this is just gold. Like, if I set up an rclark parody account, I couldn't make it this retardedly typical of you, as it would be over the top.

I don't think I'm smarter than everybody else, you're mistaking this with how I think I'm smarter than you, but then again so is a monkey banging cymbals together.

One of Fred's last days before his break was after I gave him a "harsh" criticism (as he would see it) and I have done that publicly a few times in how he runs the place, and you insist I just suck his dick every day? How am I even defending Fred in this instance? I'm simply pointing out what a retard you are, it has nothing to do with Fred. Your brain is absolute mush.

I know this place is dying in terms of activity and I don't like that, I'd even welcome activity from people I don't like at this stage. You, however, are undoubtedly detrimental to this place, any new person who comes on here and sees an rclark post would instantly think "hmmm maybe this is a support forum for balding schizophrenics".

Basically you can just fuck right off, I did my best trying to like you at one point and after a few months I was like "why am I trying to like this person? When nearly all of his posts are batshit crazy and illogical?". You're telling me what "everyone" thinks when you can't even sort out your own thoughts. The most pathetic thing is that you pander- if I was remotely nice to you then you'd be desperately nice back, the only reason you don't like me is because I speak the truth in terms of what a fucking imbecile you are. When I did try to like you, you were pathetically nice back, even to this day I come on here to sometimes find you've Liked a post of mine from fucking 8 months ago, and it's not even a particularly good post, what the fuck are you doing?!

Just do yourself and the forum a favour, log off and don't come back.
Look, fat...

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Rudiger wrote:
2 weeks ago
I don't think I'm smarter than everybody else, you're mistaking this with how I think I'm smarter than you, but then again so is a monkey banging cymbals together.

Just do yourself and the forum a favour, log off and don't come back.
I have a problem with these two paragraphs.
Regarding the first: as I've said in the past, being smart is contextual.
@rclark is obviously a self-made man living a comfortable life in suburban New Jersey.
It takes a great level of competency to maintain this lifestyle, especially in these uncertain times. My guess is that what ever rclark does for an occupation he is highly valued and needed.

So... Imagine a hypothetical scenario where Rudiger is dropped into the middle of rclark's workplace. My guess is that Rudi would struggle. He would struggle and most likely follow rclark around all day looking for cues.
At the end of say, a two month period working in rclark's workplace, Rudiger would realize that he does not have the skill set required for this type of work and move on.
Does this scenario mean that Rudiger is stupid? No. He was just trying to navigate an environment not suited to his skill set.
I've seen this many times in real life so I think it's misguided and immature to reflexively call somebody stupid -- or more arrogantly -- to think that you are somehow smarter than that person across the board.

Now, about the second paragraph: It would be a loss to the forum if rclark left. I value his contributions and I struggle to understand how Rudiger can harbour such animosity towards a guy he has never met.
@Rudiger you get these unhealthy intense feelings towards people who really should just be side-players in the grand scheme of your life.

StupidAccount1
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: Finasteride

Post by StupidAccount1 » 2 weeks ago

Hi guys. How bad is it?
Attachments
1589728202483..jpg
1589728202483..jpg (1.06 MiB) Viewed 843 times

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

StupidAccount1 wrote:
2 weeks ago
Hi guys. How bad is it?
Hi mate. It looks like pattern hair loss to me, but not terribly bad. How old are you?

StupidAccount1
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 2 weeks ago

StupidAccount1 wrote:
2 weeks ago
Hi guys. How bad is it
That's not great for a 20 year old. Just being honest, your hairloss is probably aggressive. If you do nothing, you're likely to be among the baldest of your friends within a few years.

However, you're catching it early, and thus your prospects are ultimately not terrible. If you stop your recession at this point or close to it, you'll be fine.

My recommendations to you:

1) Order some 5% Kirkland liquid minoxodil from a trusted seller like Costco. Don't order from Amazon as you might end up buying counterfeit. Apply 1 ml to your scalp once a day, preferably in the morning. That should buy you several years, plausibly more.

2) Get some 1% nizoral shampoo, leave on your scalp twice a week, for ten minutes at a time.

3) Speak to a doctor, soon, about finasteride / propecia, ask your doctor what they think. It's a very effective hairloss drug, but it comes with the risk of side effects.

Your doctor might also order some blood tests to rule out other things that can cause baldness such as an iron deficiency, thyroid issues, etc.

4) Once you start your regimen, try and not to think about things. After three months, take new photos, with the same lighting, angles, and haircut.
PhD in Internalized Incelism.

I had a hair transplant operation with the clinic of Dr. Emrah Cinik in Istanbul, with 2750 grafts being mostly placed in the front. It was a success both for general aesthetics and general well-being, and I encourage others to do the same.

StupidAccount1
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie

I started finasteride a month ago and my hair's gotten so much worse. I ordered Rogaine on eBay...

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 2 weeks ago

StupidAccount1 wrote:
2 weeks ago
I started finasteride a month ago and my hair's gotten so much worse. I ordered Rogaine on eBay...
Increased hair recession in the first couple months of starting a new treatment is common, and colloquially referred to as a "shed". It's almost certainly a positive sign.

To use a gym analogy, hair is not like fat loss, whereby you can see progress in a month. It's more like muscle growth, whereby you need 3 to 6 months before really seeing a difference, and really you need one to two years for a really robust change. And along the way, you're going to be sore for a while, during which you'll have decreases strength and mobility.
PhD in Internalized Incelism.

I had a hair transplant operation with the clinic of Dr. Emrah Cinik in Istanbul, with 2750 grafts being mostly placed in the front. It was a success both for general aesthetics and general well-being, and I encourage others to do the same.