IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by blackg » 3 months ago

rclark wrote:
3 months ago
With so many negative things in the news today, here's something to add:

Hi mate. Poor Harry, he will soon become a topic of amusement for the general public.

Also, I like your new av.
I miss the American male

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Finasteride, RU58841, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

China's coronavirus

Post by Rudiger » 3 months ago

blackg wrote:
3 months ago
Fair enough, but let's try to kick star things again.
Pity about Hairblues leaving, hey? So Hairblues if you're reading this please come back to us.

Maybe nameless and that guy from Canada can get things rolling after they have done their time in purgatory.

I love everyone and I miss everyone.
I don't actually want you to kill yourself, I wish a slower and more severe painful death upon you
Look, fat...

Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, Nizoral shampoo, hope.

Post by Admin » 2 months ago

@rclark, please try to fix the double post issue on your device(s) or edit the double post when it happens.

Same with the posts that have pictures that are not of proper size.

Otherwise as I told you before, I will delete the posts altogether.
:christian-cross:

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

China's coronavirus

Post by blackg » 2 months ago

Rudiger wrote:
3 months ago
I don't actually want you to kill yourself, I wish a slower and more severe painful death upon you
That's already happening, so kudos.

On another note: the Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras is happening tonight and from the look of all the people getting on the train and heading out there, it looks similar to a massive rave.
I don't think any of these normies are really supporting the gay struggle in any way. Most if them just want to paaarty!!

How do you feel about events like this, Rudi?
I miss the American male

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

China's coronavirus

Post by Rudiger » 2 months ago

blackg wrote:
2 months ago
That's already happening, so kudos.

On another note: the Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras is happening tonight and from the look of all the people getting on the train and heading out there, it looks similar to a massive rave.
I don't think any of these normies are really supporting the gay struggle in any way. Most if them just want to paaarty!!

How do you feel about events like this, Rudi?
I encourage and would organise events such as this, so I can have all of them in one spot at the same time.
Look, fat...

Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, Nizoral shampoo, hope.

China's coronavirus

Rudiger wrote:
2 months ago
I encourage and would organise events such as this, so I can have all of them in one spot at the same time.
pepe-sweating

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

China's coronavirus

Post by Rudiger » 2 months ago

Admin wrote:
2 months ago
pepe-sweating
I'll call the event The Reckoning :twisted:.
Look, fat...

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Dustasteride 0.5 milligrams daily, Finasteride 1mg topical, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 2 months ago

Admin wrote:
2 months ago
@rclark, please try to fix the double post issue on your device(s) or edit the double post when it happens.

Same with the posts that have pictures that are not of proper size.

Otherwise as I told you before, I will delete the posts altogether.
It's from the ad blocker. What wasn't the proper size. That image I posted wasn't that big.

Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

rclark wrote:
2 months ago
It's from the ad blocker. What wasn't the proper size. That image I posted wasn't that big.
Then deactivate your ad blocker for this forum. And I don't think the problem comes from that since other members are using an ad blocker and none of them has the double post problem.

The image you posted was too small, when you get an image from Google, click on the image first and then save it on your computer, otherwise you're just getting the thumbnail.

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: Dustasteride 0.5 milligrams daily, Finasteride 1mg topical, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).

Admin wrote:
2 months ago
Then deactivate your ad blocker for this forum. And I don't think the problem comes from that since other members are using an ad blocker and none of them has the double post problem.

The image you posted was too small, when you get an image from Google, click on the image first and then save it on your computer, otherwise you're just getting the thumbnail.
There are other people that have the same issue (double posting). For now, I have to go on Internet Explorer which is my "ad free" browser.

I am saving the images before I post them, and shrinking or expanding them according to the 255 pixel rule.

I will have to generate links to the images though (larger ones). They just seem to lose their effectiveness when they are shrunk.

Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

rclark wrote:
2 months ago
There are other people that have the same issue (double posting). For now, I have to go on Internet Explorer which is my "ad free" browser.

I am saving the images before I post them, and shrinking or expanding them according to the 255 pixel rule.

I will have to generate links to the images though (larger ones). They just seem to lose their effectiveness when they are shrunk.
Except for the rare people who have it too, it's once in a blue moon, you have it on almost all your posts. Anyway, please delete your posts yourself when it happens.

The 255 pixels rule was only for avatars and it doesn't apply anymore, now all avatars are resized automatically. Large images in posts also get resized automatically.

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Admin wrote:
3 months ago
I guess my post was confusing. What I wanted to say is that I also wanted to leave room for trolling and dark humor. But That Guy wasn't falling in that category when he was throwing those racist insults. And even then, I didn't want to crack down too hard because like the holocaust denial, I'd rather have it up with the replies of people explaining why what they were saying was wrong and horrible. Rather than immediately bring the ban hammer or worse the "censorship hammer", which says "nothing to see here, nobody throws those insults around these days!".

About equating islamophobia with antisemitism, an alarm rings in my head when I read: "You know Arabs are semites too, right?" I call that "feigning stupidity" or "jouer au con" in French, everybody knows that antisemitism solely refers to Jews and never to Arabs, no matter how many times you say that they are semites too. As I often told people who said that, maybe we need another word like Antijew but that's not going to happen. Anti-islamophobia organizations in Europe are openly pushing this idea that Muslims are the new Jews and I guess I was just triggered to see ideas that they push being thrown around.

Anyway, @That Guy is now banned until mid-June, same as @nameless for a month. It's fair after all their racist insults and especially their intent while doing so, I want to insist on that. It's not the use of those words that's bad, but the fact that they were used with the intent to hurt and not to make people laugh.
Why was @nameless banned? That kind surprises me. A lot of people give him shit on this forum, and nobody
does anything to them.

Sorry, but it doesn't seem fair to put nameless in the same category as @That Guy. It just doesn't.

Added in 2 minutes 7 seconds:
yettee wrote:
3 months ago
I think I understand blackg. He really does support gay/transgender rights, Trump's stance on immigration, and think nameless is a good writer :) . He's particularly loyal to longtime members of the forum who post extensively, he respects seniority. His sarcastic/funny posts are pretty obvious.
I agree on both issues.

The thing is, people always attack nameless. It seems kind of unfair. I mean, if he is being called out for being
irrational, than I don't know why he is being punished for it.

JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Post by JLBB » 2 months ago

rclark wrote:
2 months ago
Why was @nameless banned? That kind surprises me. A lot of people give him shit on this forum, and nobody
does anything to them.

Sorry, but it doesn't seem fair to put nameless in the same category as @That Guy. It just doesn't.

Added in 2 minutes 7 seconds:

I agree on both issues.

The thing is, people always attack nameless. It seems kind of unfair. I mean, if he is being called out for being
irrational, than I don't know why he is being punished for it.
There's no forum on the internet in which Nameless wouldn't be banned in five minutes for half of what he says. His racist tirade against PJ was hilarious because of how absurd it was and I don't think he would have been offended because of that, but the reality was it was disgusting. Not surprising you ignore all the crazy things he says.

"Irrational" isn't the issue, its the crazy racism, wishing death on individuals on the forum, wishing death against entire segments of the population for political views and causing flame wars over things people have said that he literally is making up or completely mischaracterising. Its a funny sideshow at times, but it goes beyond just being toxic. I don't expect you to see the issue because you're part of the problem, but put the ego and political affiliations to the side for the moment and read some of the things he actually said.

Nameless and That Guy in the same category surprisingly is incredibly coherent. Both totally mischaracterise and make fundamental, absolutist claims about large groups of population, both are clearly racist, both have no desire to change their mind based on new information (you fit this too) and both wish death on many of the people they target for reasons that are either false or arbitrary.

Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

rclark wrote:
2 months ago
Why was @nameless banned?
It's all detailed in the sanction log section of the forum's rules.

rules#sanction-log-1

He's not banned anymore at the moment.

And last warning about the improper mentions, here's the tutorial again:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11&start=180#p21748

Next time you don't mention members properly, I will simply delete the post.

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

JLBB wrote:
2 months ago
There's no forum on the internet in which Nameless wouldn't be banned in five minutes for half of what he says. His racist tirade against PJ was hilarious because of how absurd it was and I don't think he would have been offended because of that, but the reality was it was disgusting. Not surprising you ignore all the crazy things he says.

"Irrational" isn't the issue, its the crazy racism, wishing death on individuals on the forum, wishing death against entire segments of the population for political views and causing flame wars over things people have said that he literally is making up or completely mischaracterising. Its a funny sideshow at times, but it goes beyond just being toxic. I don't expect you to see the issue because you're part of the problem, but put the ego and political affiliations to the side for the moment and read some of the things he actually said.

Nameless and That Guy in the same category surprisingly is incredibly coherent. Both totally mischaracterise and make fundamental, absolutist claims about large groups of population, both are clearly racist, both have no desire to change their mind based on new information (you fit this too) and both wish death on many of the people they target for reasons that are either false or arbitrary.

At least he brings new ideas open for discussion.

The only thing you do is nod your head up and down.

Honestly, you're a much bigger problem with members than I am here.