IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
kj6723
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: dutasteride, minoxidil, nizoral

Post by kj6723 » 7 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote: 7 months ago In my experience, Hungry Jack's / Burger King is the worst of the major franchise burger chains. I liked Grill'd when I lived in Australia. I appreciated that they took those nicer steps. It's not just that their meat was better. They also used fresher bread, better sauces, etc.

Circling to sit-down restaurants, one thing that's nice that you probably take for granted is that you don't need to tip in Australian restaurants -- the waiters are paid a real wage.
My go to fast food spots are Wendy’s and Taco Bell :D also like chick fil a

Guest-4
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Guest-4 » 7 months ago

kj6723 wrote: 7 months ago My go to fast food spots are Wendy’s and Taco Bell :D also like chick fil a
And you go to WaWa for slow food :-)

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by blackg » 7 months ago

That Guy wrote: 7 months ago Not as much as you disappoint me.

Anyway, some of the most-relevant details from Follica's studies so far.

• The first studies were just on wounding, no drugs applied. Still worked.
• The theory that the results are not sustainable without at least some hair-growth-promoting agent is now confirmed. You'll have to keep using whatever compounds or presumably at least finasteride to keep the results. The theory has been around for a long time that the results may not be sustainable without drugs because the hair's neo-genesis takes place from the same skin (cells) as the originals.
• Each study so far has only done one pass of the treatment. So for most people, a couple or three visits should be able to fill in bald areas.
• They also tried a lithium-gel and later minoxidil.
• The device only goes about as deep as the first layer of skin. It has to do with this "quorum-sensing" thing. As long thought, there does appear to be an ideal depth and area that must be covered for optimal results. Too deep, too narrow, etc. makes the difference between hair growth and nothing. The approach they seem to be taking is "lots of needles, shallow depth". This could speak favorably to a future development involving nano-needling.

All in all I'm very stoked about this and will definitely be getting it done when its out in the next couple years. Much better option than a transplant.
Change your avatar or risk being relegated to those beyond the hope of humanity.

This is your last chance.
Straight outta Del Boca Vista!

That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2.5

Post by That Guy » 7 months ago

blackg wrote: 7 months ago Change your avatar or risk being relegated to those beyond the hope of humanity.

:roll:

nameless
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

Post by nameless » 7 months ago

blackg wrote: 7 months ago Change your avatar or risk being relegated to those beyond the hope of humanity.

why try to negotiate with the NAZI? Just ban the stupid creep and be done with him.

That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

nameless wrote: 7 months ago why try to negotiate with the NAZI? Just ban the stupid creep and be done with him.
I see potential that That Guy can change his ways as he is still very young and inexperienced.
I know deep down he is better than all of that blind hate.

That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

blackg wrote: 7 months ago I see potential that That Guy can change his ways as he is still very young and inexperienced.
I know deep down he is better than all of that blind hate.
Oh yes, all that blind hate.

But why even entertain your bullshit? You're a joke of a person. One of these nihilists who doesn't actually believe in or stand for anything. Just trolls to get a rise out of people to feel relevant.

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

That Guy wrote: 7 months ago Oh yes, all that blind hate.

But why even entertain your bullshit? You're a joke of a person. One of these nihilists who doesn't actually believe in or stand for anything. Just trolls to get a rise out of people to feel relevant.
Change your avatar or risk losing me as a mentor. Your choice.

That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

blackg wrote: 7 months ago Change your avatar or risk losing me as a mentor. Your choice.
You're making this an easy choice.

nameless
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Admin, why do you allow NAZIs here?

Is there something wrong with you, Admin?

I understand free-speech. I get that point. But it's like they say, free-speech does not mean that 100% of speech is protected. For example, you can't scream "fire" in a crowded theater. I'm not saying that That Guy is screaming fire in a crowded theater but I am saying that even when you have free-speech some speech should be curtailed, or even denied. That Guy is a NAZI already. You need to rid this site of his shadow. Get rid of the nasty creep already.

This place is a dump with NO standards.

That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

nameless wrote: 7 months ago Admin, why do you allow NAZIs here?

I understand free-speech. I get that point. But it's like they say, free-speech does not mean that 100% of speech is protected. For example, you can't scream "fire" in a crowded theater. I'm not saying that That Guy is screaming fire in a crowded theater but I am saying that even when you have free-speech some speech should be curtailed, or even denied. That Guy is a NAZI already. You need to rid this site of his shadow. Get rid of the nasty creep already.

"I believe in free speech for all the things I like to hear"

nameless
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

That Guy wrote: 7 months ago "I believe in free speech for all the things I like to hear"
You hear what you want to hear.

What I said is that even "free-speech" has to have some limitations.

Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, Nizoral shampoo, hope.

Post by Admin » 7 months ago

nameless wrote: 7 months ago Admin, why do you allow NAZIs here?

First, That Guy is no nazi, there are no nazis anymore, as they were defeated in 1945. He's a neonazi sympathiser at worst, and a far right activist at best. Other than that, he's fallen for a few conspiracy theories and he likes to provoke on the internet.

Second, As written in the Rules of the forum, he had just been banned for 2 months because he was persisting in his provocations despite several warnings: rules

Third, I've allowed his holocaust denial in the past so it could be directly debunked by people like me or @Afro_Vacancy. That's also free speech: countering nonsense and lies with better speech.

And finally, I don't believe in permanent punishment, everyone has a right to another chance. No one should be excluded from society like we're so quick to do (asymmetrically as far left activists are given a pass) in the West these days thinking we've solved the problem.

Because those people don't just disappear, and they need our love, understanding, and forgiveness. And you could say I'm a fool for doing this, how many times will I forgive him? About seven times seventy times ;).
:christian-cross:

nameless
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Admin wrote: 7 months ago First, That Guy is no nazi, there are no nazis anymore, as they were defeated in 1945. He's a neonazi sympathiser at worst, and a far right activist at best. Other than that, he's fallen for a few conspiracy theories and he likes to provoke on the internet.

Second, As written in the Rules of the forum, he had just been banned for 2 months because he was persisting in his provocations despite several warnings: rules

Third, I've allowed his holocaust denial in the past so it could be directly debunked by people like me or @Afro_Vacancy. That's also free speech: countering nonsense and lies with better speech.

And finally, I don't believe in permanent punishment, everyone has a right to another chance. No one should be excluded from society like we're so quick to do (asymmetrically as far left activists are given a pass) in the West these days thinking we've solved the problem.

Because those people don't just disappear, and they need our love, understanding, and forgiveness. And you could say I'm a fool for doing this, how many times will I forgive him? About seven times seventy times ;).
1. No the NAZI aren't gone. NAZIs aren't just the creeps who were defeated in Germany. NAZIs are also the people who today share the philosophy of the NAZIs that were defeated in 1945. That Guy is a NAZI. A lot of people died to silence the NAZIs back in 1945 and here you give today's NAZIs a platform to preach their hatred. You should be ashamed of yourself.

2. You are out of your fucking mind.There is no point to proving That Guy wrong because he won't accept that he's been proved wrong even after he's been proved wrong. I've seen Afro beat him in debate but when That Guy is defeated in debate he just throws more false shit into the argument ad nauseum and insults the person who has proved him wrong. He doesn't care if he's proved wrong or not. He just carries on with his NAZIism anyway.

3. I also don't believe in permanent punishment for the most part. But some situations call for it. That Guy is one of those situations. All he wants to do is saturate websites with hate-speech and NAZIism and you're letting him do exactly that here. In the case of NAZIs I do believe in permanent punishment.

4. You are a fool. You think that That Guy is about good faith debate and that the truth will prevail but that is not the case. The Guy is nothing but a NAZI troll and you're letting him achieve his objectives here. All you are accomplishing in this matter is that you are giving NAZIism a platform...you're giving NAZIism room to breathe. You are giving NAZIism credibility. You make NAZIism like any another philosophy that is OK for people to consider converting to. But NAZIism doesn't deserve equal status with other possible philosophies on the debate stage.

5. If you had a time-machine would you go back in time to try to make Adolph Hitler become a better person? Give me a break! You're letting him turn this site into a NAZI shithole.