IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 3 weeks ago

I wonder if people will still have a concept of race in a few hundred years, after genetic engineering and designer babies have taken off. I suspect that the answer is "no". But, we'll be worse off once rich people are able to pay lab techs so that they alone can have the best babies: Perfect height, athletic ability, emotional acuity, IQ, no baldness, etc. It will be a new phase of evolution, and unfortunately, most of us will be left behind.
PhD in Internalized Incelism.

"I do still post to criticise others" - Rudiger.

CaptainForehead
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW7
Regimen: Avoid mirrors and other reflective surfaces

Post by CaptainForehead » 3 weeks ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
3 weeks ago
I wonder if people will still have a concept of race in a few hundred years, after genetic engineering and designer babies have taken off. I suspect that the answer is "no". But, we'll be worse off once rich people are able to pay lab techs so that they alone can have the best babies: Perfect height, athletic ability, emotional acuity, IQ, no baldness, etc. It will be a new phase of evolution, and unfortunately, most of us will be left behind.
Currently, many people are unwilling to substitute top sperm from sperm banks for their own, because they want their "own" kids. I suspect a similar thing will apply then.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

CaptainForehead wrote:
3 weeks ago
Currently, many people are unwilling to substitute top sperm from sperm banks for their own, because they want their "own" kids. I suspect a similar thing will apply then.
It's not that similar.

1) The so-called top sperm that are available now will be totally cucked for what will be available once genetic engineering takes off.
2) It will still be kids of your own. They'll still have some of your genes. They'll just be enhanced.
3) Sperm banks are rare now. The competitive pressures will take off once everybody (with money) can re-design their kids' DNA.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day, Nizoral every other day

Post by Admin » 3 weeks ago

That Guy wrote:
3 weeks ago
Yeah man, you don't sound like an "automaton" or ideologue at all. Clearly, you're a free thinker!
I'm not, I am an ideologue, I'm a Christian.
Afro_Vacancy wrote:
3 weeks ago
But, we'll be worse off once rich people are able to pay lab techs so that they alone can have the best babies: Perfect height, athletic ability, emotional acuity, IQ, no baldness, etc. It will be a new phase of evolution, and unfortunately, most of us will be left behind.
And this is where my ideology comes in handy. You've seen Gatacca, right, Afro?

The rich will always be the poorest spiritually. They will lack the most important: lack itself. Something to strive for.

This belief that they will win because they have it better is an illusion.

They will take their superiority for granted, while the cucked lowest will not save breath for the way back.
King James Bible wrote:And whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted. - Matthew 23:12
To me, it's not just a belief, but the way reality itself is structured.
"Along the way some boys started making fun of him by shouting, “Go away, baldy! Get out of here!” Elisha turned around and stared at the boys. Then he cursed them in the name of the Lord. At once two bears ran out of the woods and ripped to pieces 42 of the boys." - 2 Kings 23-24

CaptainForehead
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW7
Regimen: Avoid mirrors and other reflective surfaces

Post by CaptainForehead » 3 weeks ago

Admin wrote:
3 weeks ago
The rich will always be the poorest spiritually. They will lack the most important: lack itself. Something to strive for.
You are filthy rich compared to most of the people in poor countries. Just sayin.

That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by That Guy » 3 weeks ago

Admin wrote:
3 weeks ago
Because that's totally different.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Speaking of Peterson, he's being criticized for co-writing a book on his all-meat diet:

https://www.pajiba.com/celebrities_are_ ... e-real.php

https://www.dailydot.com/layer8/fake-jo ... oxicology/

A major failing of the criticism: He didn't actually write the book :-) Somebody else, some scammer, wrote the book and put his name on it.

Added in 6 minutes 36 seconds:
Admin wrote:
3 weeks ago

And this is where my ideology comes in handy. You've seen Gatacca, right, Afro?

This belief that they will win because they have it better is an illusion.

They will take their superiority for granted, while the cucked lowest will not save breath for the way back.

To me, it's not just a belief, but the way reality itself is structured.
Gattaca is a movie, one that I consider to be pretty good. I expect that it will eventually be proven right on many counts, but it will also be proven wrong on others. Similarly to other dystopian works of fiction on the future.

Within the real world, there is no such force as "karma". Sometimes the good guys do win, and sometimes it's the bad guys who win. And sometimes the good guys win but they suffer tremendous casualties along the way. Sometimes things get better and sometimes things get worse. You shouldn't assume that genuine progress is inevitable.

But if you believe that the best outcome is always the inevitable outcome, you should support all political parties that are currently in power, and all large corporations (Facebook, etc) that are currently ascendant.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
3 weeks ago
Within the real world, there is no such force as "karma". Sometimes the good guys do win, and sometimes it's the bad guys who win. And sometimes the good guys win but they suffer tremendous casualties along the way. Sometimes things get better and sometimes things get worse. You shouldn't assume that genuine progress is inevitable.

But if you believe that the best outcome is always the inevitable outcome, you should support all political parties that are currently in power, and all large corporations (Facebook, etc) that are currently ascendant.
I believe that narratives are built into the structure of reality, that we live inside a story and that there is no way out of human subjectivity. No reality independant of human experience itself.

Progress is inevitable in the long run, evil can't sustain itself by default because it requires power and control, increasingly so as deception and distrust seep into every aspect of the individuals' life.

The good guys win because they can run on mutual trust (the most precious commodity in this world), which requires less resources. It's Jean Piaget's observation of children's games. The autonomous group of children wins over the subjugated one. As I've said, it's built into the structure of reality.

Large corporations like Facebook are increasingly evil and refusing to let go of their power, they cling to it, like the leftist establishment and try to stay where they are with the help of threats from political activists and increasingly authoritarian leftist governments.

But they will fall eventually, maybe after a brief 1984 episode that has already begun. Anyway, these are my beliefs. And no @That Guy, it's not the same as any other ideology because in Christianity, the highest (value) is actually the highest, which makes everything else fall into place.

You put anything else up there and you get death: evil, control, brute power, genocide. The Christian West got it right, now let's make sure we maintain it.
"Along the way some boys started making fun of him by shouting, “Go away, baldy! Get out of here!” Elisha turned around and stared at the boys. Then he cursed them in the name of the Lord. At once two bears ran out of the woods and ripped to pieces 42 of the boys." - 2 Kings 23-24

That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Admin wrote:
3 weeks ago
I believe that narratives are built into the structure of reality, that we live inside a story and that there is no way out of human subjectivity. No reality independant of human experience itself.

Progress is inevitable in the long run, evil can't sustain itself by default because it requires power and control, increasingly so as deception and distrust seep into every aspect of the individuals' life.

The good guys win because they can run on mutual trust (the most precious commodity in this world), which requires less resources. It's Jean Piaget's observation of children's games. The autonomous group of children wins over the subjugated one. As I've said, it's built into the structure of reality.

Large corporations like Facebook are increasingly evil and refusing to let go of their power, they cling to it, like the leftist establishment and try to stay where they are with the help of threats from political activists and increasingly authoritarian leftist governments.

But they will fall eventually, maybe after a brief 1984 episode that has already begun. Anyway, these are my beliefs. And no @That Guy, it's not the same as any other ideology because in Christianity, the highest (value) is actually the highest, which makes everything else fall into place.

You put anything else up there and you get death: evil, control, brute power, genocide. The Christian West got it right, now let's make sure we maintain it.
No, it is the same, Fred — and you're definitely parroting Jordan Peterson.

Whenever you have a set of ideas and "acceptable" viewpoints, then you have an ideology. It is impossible for humans NOT to have ideologies. It's just that some arise organically, and others are manufactured (Like Christianity and Islam for example).

You ever hear the phrase "What would Jesus do?" or how about "Thou shalt not...", etc? That's the Christian ideology at work.

Afro is correct in saying, in a nicer way, that you're "good will always beat evil because it's just some sort of divine will" is childish and stupid.

This encourages complacency, and by the way, this is a tactic controlled opposition (many of whom are Christians) try to use on Nationalists. Guys like Steve Turley, who are otherwise good writers, basically overplay the successes of the populist/nationalist/dissident right and have even gone as far to say that the political defeat of our enemies is "inevitable". So, this fools the less-intelligent among us into just kicking back and letting stuff happen, because they're convinced "we're going to win anyway".

Yeah, that's not how it works in the real world.

Lastly, Christianity is largely incompatible with European civilizations in the long run and there is a strong argument to be made that, without it, we'd not be in the position we are. The pagan religions of antiquity were mostly just a way of identifying ethnic groups and you were not accepted by the tribe just because you decided to pray to the same gods or whatever. This is also demonstrated in Alexander's time, as he often took up the mantle of whatever the deity/king of the region he conquered was. This went so far as trying to "assimilate" himself into their culture, and especially in Persia, this earned him massive backlash not just from the Persians, but from the rest of his countrymen.

In Egypt, the Ptolemies tolerated Egypt's gods, adopted their dress and customs, and even some new gods were born out of their dynasty. However, these gods were worshipped almost exclusively by the Greek population and the Greeks largely kept to themselves in Alexandria.

So, in the past, religions were understood to belong to certain people. Even when people "assimilated" to your religion and culture, there was still segregation, ethnic/racial violence, etc. It was a way of describing ethnic groups beyond language and appearance.

Christians, on the other hand, open their doors to literally anyone as long as they believe in Jesus. Christianity reduces the unique ethnic groups of Europe to just "Christians"; believers in a religious figure.

Christianity is a foreign, desert religion that is all-welcoming and if Europeans are to survive, it must be abandoned in favor of things that are distinctly us. Almost every Church is calling for open borders, the pope is obsessed with black cocks, and it demands greater allegiance to the faith and church than to one's people.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

That Guy wrote:
3 weeks ago
You ever hear the phrase "What would Jesus do?" or how about "Thou shalt not...", etc? That's the Christian ideology at work.
Yes, that's Western Christianity, and that phrase is repeated like a mantra in the protestant United States mainly. You can't ever be like Jesus, because He is Him. What you can do on the other hand is learn what he taught, which are practices aimed at transforming you at the very core of your being.

I may go to Catholic churches because I live in the West but the core of my practice and understanding of Christianity is Eastern Orthodox. If you look at the East in comparison to the West, you might notice that they haven't suffered the meaning crisis of the West, not nearly as deeply.

The mindset you're exhibiting is unique to the West and finds its roots in the Schism of 1054. This naturalistic idea that there is a cold, dead material reality that exists independently of human beings, random, chaotic and in need to be harnessed by accumulating power, control, adding layers to yourself. That's the core of the modern narcissistic West, you've noticed it yourself: accumulating things, doing things, trying new things (like yeah, in its worst forms: no borders! Marxism again! Nazism again!) to fill the spiritual void in our hearts.

We spread outwards, away from the center, from our hearts, drifting in a cold, dead universe. But deep down, none of us believe this, we still live our lives as if it has meaning, because it inevitably has. Simply living your life as if it has meaning like Jordan Peterson (pretends he?) does will begin to transform your life. That's how I started. You'd move away from the extreme positions you hold, positions I was so close to embracing a few years ago.

Christianity is way more than a set of rules to follow, it goes beyond the tyranny of logic and reason, which led to the totalitarianisms of the West, which seem very much alive in your person and only needed a spark to ignite in a substantial minority of Westerners. Who knows how much good public figures like Peterson did by awakening a lot of those people.

Sadly, it had the opposite effect on your, hardening your heart, preserving your ego at all costs, adding layers of links, images and graphs of far right articles to yourself. Long, long posts, all perfectly rooted in logic and reason, with absolutely no room for intuition, and a story that's already been played out and has ended with a mountain of corpses.

Again, we have been there, we know where it leads. It does not stop at the tweaks you fantasize about. "We'll just kick out the Jews and the non-whites, do away with freedom and equality, and then everything will be fine!" And yet it's Christianity that you deem to be a childish fairy tale.

That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Admin wrote:
3 weeks ago
Yes, that's Western Christianity, and that phrase is repeated like a mantra in the protestant United States mainly. You can't ever be like Jesus, because He is Him. What you can do on the other hand is learn what he taught, which are practices aimed at transforming you at the very core of your being.

I may go to Catholic churches because I live in the West but the core of my practice and understanding of Christianity is Eastern Orthodox. If you look at the East in comparison to the West, you might notice that they haven't suffered the meaning crisis of the West, not nearly as deeply.

The mindset you're exhibiting is unique to the West and finds its roots in the Schism of 1054. This naturalistic idea that there is a cold, dead material reality that exists independently of human beings, random, chaotic and in need to be harnessed by accumulating power, control, adding layers to yourself. That's the core of the modern narcissistic West, you've noticed it yourself: accumulating things, doing things, trying new things (like yeah, in its worst forms: no borders! Marxism again! Nazism again!) to fill the spiritual void in our hearts.

We spread outwards, away from the center, from our hearts, drifting in a cold, dead universe. But deep down, none of us believe this, we still live our lives as if it has meaning, because it inevitably has. Simply living your life as if it has meaning like Jordan Peterson (pretends he?) does will begin to transform your life. That's how I started. You'd move away from the extreme positions you hold, positions I was so close to embracing a few years ago.

Christianity is way more than a set of rules to follow, it goes beyond the tyranny of logic and reason, which led to the totalitarianisms of the West, which seem very much alive in your person and only needed a spark to ignite in a substantial minority of Westerners. Who knows how much good public figures like Peterson did by awakening a lot of those people.

Sadly, it had the opposite effect on your, hardening your heart, preserving your ego at all costs, adding layers of links, images and graphs of far right articles to yourself. Long, long posts, all perfectly rooted in logic and reason, with absolutely no room for intuition, and a story that's already been played out and has ended with a mountain of corpses.

Again, we have been there, we know where it leads. It does not stop at the tweaks you fantasize about. "We'll just kick out the Jews and the non-whites, do away with freedom and equality, and then everything will be fine!" And yet it's Christianity that you deem to be a childish fairy tale.
Lotta stuff here that doesn't really say anything, as one might've expected.

"Finding meaning" in your life does not require Christianity, though it does require something that is capable of providing answers science can't, and again — this was present in all pre-christian religions as well. So...

You have dodged the two points I made here:

• An all-inclusive religion cannot be the basis of national solidarity and unity.

• Christianity absolutely is an ideology

There is a "christian" sense of morality and perspective on everything, which it sees as truisms, including its descriptions of itself.

So saying "I'm not an ideologue, I'm a christian" whilst being an impractical idealist yourself, is one of the most woefully-oblivious statements I've seen you make.

By your logic, those muslim terrorists aren't "ideologues", either.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 2 weeks ago

That Guy wrote:
3 weeks ago
• An all-inclusive religion cannot be the basis of national solidarity and unity.

• Christianity absolutely is an ideology
You're right, and you're right.

The question is, what is the best way, the best ideology to make sense of reality, in a way that benefits everyone in a society. To me that's Christianity.

But it still doesn't supersede a country's laws, give to Cesar what's his, otherwise the only result will be chaos and lawlessness.

That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by That Guy » 2 weeks ago

Admin wrote:
2 weeks ago
You're right, and you're right.

The question is, what is the best way, the best ideology to make sense of reality, in a way that benefits everyone in a society.
Ethnocracy.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 2 weeks ago

That Guy wrote:
2 weeks ago
Ethnocracy.
hitler-happy

pepe-cross

That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by That Guy » 2 weeks ago

Admin wrote:
2 weeks ago
hitler-happy

pepe-cross
Everyone before Hitler had an ethnocracy too.