IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
yettee
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Minoxidil

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by yettee » 3 weeks ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
3 weeks ago
3) Likes are not that impressive. What's actually impressive is if a poster gets quoted a lot, and/or gets mentioned a lot.
Spoken like a man who has read or published a journal article or two ;)

My take on likes and dislikes... I would do away with dislikes, and restrict likes to +1.

On the child... I would want to have a better understanding of the science before Yettee the judge ruled, but I think I'm against anyone below the age of around 16-18 taking hormone altering medication for such a purpose. However I have no problem with a child of any age changing his or her name, wearing clothes associated with the opposite gender, etc. I think a responsible adult should talk to the child and weigh the decision but I'm OK with it, and even think it might be mentally healthy and the right thing to do if the child feels the need or strong desire to do so.
Last edited by yettee 3 weeks ago, edited 3 times in total.

CaptainForehead
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW7
Regimen: Avoid mirrors and other reflective surfaces

Post by CaptainForehead » 3 weeks ago

Hairblues wrote:
3 weeks ago
So you made an observation without actually having made an observation, to counter a situation that’s been occurring regularly to me by a single poster and is easily documented?
Here is a concrete observation for you: the poster in question has given far more dislikes to nameless. Went on a dislike spree. To the extent I argued for a policy change, which was partially implemented by Admin. Nameless is not a girl AFAIK.

Additionally, EvilLocks is a girl, and doesn't get dislikes from him.

So maybe, just maybe, you are getting dislikes from him not because of your gender as you stated, but because he just doesn't like you/your posts.

Give it some thought.

Hairblues
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Post by Hairblues » 3 weeks ago

CaptainForehead wrote:
3 weeks ago
Here is a concrete observation for you: the poster in question has given far more dislikes to nameless. Went on a dislike spree. To the extent I argued for a policy change, which was partially implemented by Admin. Nameless is not a girl AFAIK.

So maybe, just maybe, you are getting dislikes from him not because of your gender as you stated, but because he just doesn't like you/your posts.

Give it some thought.
You’ve made a weak and lazy argument.

There, I gave it some thought.

If you did your du diligence you would have read past dialogue between me and him. Including the time he got himself banned by the @Admin for crossings a line.

Every time it’s him starting the dialogue. And it always comes down to him at some point putting in the text reference to my being female and it’s obvious his bias has him misinterpret my words. So yeah, in his own texts he reveals this bias to me, I’m not assuming it about him. He literally puts it in his text.

Also, I have him on block. Where he’s going to remain. And it’s obviously not fair I’m discussing him on open thread.

I’m not going to discus this any longer you can do your own proper research to see a pattern or not I honestly don’t care.
Last edited by Hairblues 3 weeks ago, edited 1 time in total.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 3 weeks ago

CaptainForehead wrote:
3 weeks ago
I'll try to make a note the next time I see an example.

I'll also state here that the problem here will be that an example or two don't mean much, we have to look at trends.
One example's a fluke, two or three distinct examples within a reasonably short period of time is a pattern.

Added in 1 minute 57 seconds:
CaptainForehead wrote:
3 weeks ago
Give it some thought.
@blackg, your legacy is secure.

Added in 57 seconds:
yettee wrote:
3 weeks ago
Spoken like a man who has read or published a journal article or two ;)
Yup, the metric that I care most about is the number of citations given to the papers on which I'm the primary author :-).
PhD in Internalized Incelism.

"I do still post to criticise others" - Rudiger.

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Nada

Post by EvilLocks » 3 weeks ago

Hairblues wrote:
3 weeks ago
It happens a lot of dating sites and it happened to me a few times on Facebook.

Im not on twitter or instagram @EvilLocks may have more knowledge if it happens then in DM
It doesn't happen to me often. I have my facebook settings to weed out messages from people I'm not friends with so it all goes to the spam inbox which I never check. On Instagram I am private with only people I know as followers. Me and my husband both downloaded Tinder one night as a competition to see who got the most likes in 24 hours but we didn't swipe on anybody so they can't initiate conversation. I have never used other dating apps. I have received dick picks from people I've been in a relationship with but that's another story. + a couple randoms over the years. But it's never been an issue for me.

CaptainForehead
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

EvilLocks wrote:
3 weeks ago
. Me and my husband both downloaded Tinder one night as a competition to see who got the most likes in 24 hours
Either your husband is dumb, or he has model like looks to engage in this competition.

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Nada

Post by EvilLocks » 3 weeks ago

CaptainForehead wrote:
3 weeks ago
Either your husband is dumb, or he has model like looks to engage in this competition.
I know Tinder is so much easier for women guys swipe on almost everything :lol:

pjhair
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by pjhair » 3 weeks ago

yettee wrote:
3 weeks ago
On the child... I would want to have a better understanding of the science before Yettee the judge ruled, but I think I'm against anyone below the age of around 16-18 taking hormone altering medication for such a purpose. However I have no problem with a child of any age changing his or her name, wearing clothes associated with the opposite gender, etc. I think a responsible adult should talk to the child and weigh the decision but I'm OK with it, and even think it might be mentally healthy and the right thing to do if the child feels the need or strong desire to do so.
Afro_Vacancy wrote:
3 weeks ago
I don't know enough about the topic, and I also don't know why this is being discussed for a seven year old. He should still have several years to go until puberty. ]
Hairblues wrote:
3 weeks ago
I may shock you by agreeing with you. I think a child needs to be an adult to make this kind of decision. Because if they are wrong, it would be devastating. Of course If they are right and don’t get hormones it’s devestating as well, but they can at least course correct it as an adult to some at least some level.
I agree with all of you on this. I don't have a problem if someone changes his/her gender when they reach appropriate age (18 for sure. probably 16 as well, not sure though). But giving powerful, puberty blocking medicine to someone significantly below that age range is mind boggling.
Trump 2020

CaptainForehead
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

pjhair wrote:
3 weeks ago
I agree with all of you on this. I don't have a problem if someone changes his/her gender when they reach appropriate age (18 for sure. probably 16 as well, not sure though). But giving powerful, puberty blocking medicine to someone significantly below that age range is mind boggling.
AFAIR Canada can take your children away if you refuse your kid transgender procedures... :wtf:

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 3 weeks ago

pjhair wrote:
3 weeks ago
@yettee , @Hairblues , @Afro_Vacancy @rclark What do you think of the below news? I consider you guys to be reasonable left leaning individuals. So I am interested in your opinion. I personally think it's insanity to encourage a seven year old child to change his gender. It blows my mind that his own mom thinks it's a great idea.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... alled-luna
This is just wrong, especially at that young age. Some kids do prefer to play with toys from the opposite gender at an early age.
It's OK to some degree to let your daughter dress like a man.

If a child wants to wear their hair like the opposite sex, then so be it. But to dress them like a girl is just stupid. A lot of Hollywood
actors are clearly just doing this to get attention, and restart their career.

For example:

https://people.com/parents/brian-austin ... h-dresses/

It's just stupid.

Sometimes this may or may not indicate the child is gay. But to dress a boy up like a girl, their' going to get their ass kicked.
Think happy thoughts.

pjhair
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by pjhair » 3 weeks ago

CaptainForehead wrote:
3 weeks ago
AFAIR Canada can take your children away if you refuse your kid transgender procedures... :wtf:
Now that's just insanity.
Trump 2020

Exodus
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW6
Regimen: nothing

Post by Exodus » 3 weeks ago

Hairblues wrote:
3 weeks ago
Let’s keep it real, only a few people abuse the dislike. And the one person doing it to me that I noticed I have on block and I think he abuses the down vote becaue he hates that people like my posts.
It’s pure pettiness. His posts speak for themselves, it almost always based on the fact I’m female that he critiques me and is in the texts. Never on the actual substance of my words just whose brain they came from. That’s technically a bias.
CaptainForehead wrote:
3 weeks ago

Give it some thought.
Are you two seriously indirectly referencing me like I'm Voldemort or something :lol:.
Last edited by Exodus 3 weeks ago, edited 2 times in total.

Hairblues
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

@Admin so what determines the 3 in a row is worthy of a disabling it vs 5?

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by blackg » 3 weeks ago

Exodus wrote:
3 weeks ago

for example a leftist will be angry that theyre called a "he" when theyre 6 ft 2 , hairy and bald . retarded psychotic shit like that. right wingers are just mad at how stupid and entitled and delusional someone has to be get like that. the left wing's neuroticism came first and is a lot more idiotic
If a man identifies as a woman then he/she should be called "her" "she" or "madam."
It's simple logic.

Added in 1 hour 5 minutes 29 seconds:
yettee wrote:
3 weeks ago
I don't think that'll happen, not en masse... but I could imagine other stuff. I don't even want to talk about it, you know? But an increased amount of what we've already seen, and in some cases more organized.
A reaction of localized vigilante "justice", of a kind, would be a bad thing.
Especially for an already divided America.
Save me from destiny.

Hairblues
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

@yettee You may appreciate this.

The John Kelly quote that was floating about today,

I was curious and watched the actual interview on The Washington examiner with Karl Rove.
I was going to click on the link and put it here, then I recalled how @Admin doesn't like almost any link we put, but that he mentioned he likes Breitbart..because I believe he thinks they aren't biased or don't put a spin on it..
Okay, so I looked at the story on Breitbart, didn't find the actual footage, they have a write up...

within the write up the writer adds the line..."A former Marine general, Kelly appeared to resent his job at the White House, describing it as “bone-crushing hard” after he left and “the least enjoyable job” he ever had."

He never said anywhere the he 'resents' his job and It's not really unbiased journalism to put that biased spin on it.

In fact if you listen or watch the actual video, he says he regrets leaving (unfortunately it's cut off before he finishes his statement, but he certainly doesn't sound resentfuL as Breitbart makes it sound).

Anyway here are both sources I mentioned
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019 ... impeached/

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... -impeached