IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
Post Reply
User avatar
Exodus
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 456
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 607
Norwood: NW6
Regimen: nothing

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by Exodus » 2 months ago

pjhair wrote:
2 months ago
People don't always express their ideas in order to convert others though. They may present their ideas because they genuinely believe them and want to defend their belief system. @Afro_Vacancy and @yettee both are liberals and I am a conservative, Trump supporter. I have had numerous discussions with them on different topics. I personally never got the impression that they are out to convert me. I wouldn't assume a specific intention if there is no evidence for it. Don't forget, they can also claim that you are out to convert them each time you express your conservative views.
i'm fine with political discussion. i just hate when he plays dumb to support the extreme leftist views . he spreads feelings over facts propaganda concerning different races achievements, or how bad the black crime rates are, and other controversial topics.

also i'm not even a conservative. i support "degeneracy" that conservatives hate such as legalized drugs and prostitution and social benefit systems. i'm not sure what i am but I was going to vote for bernie sanders before he dropped out. I didn't vote at all in the 2016 election. I guess i'm a socialist libertarian if such a thing exists.

I'm just redpilled about race and biology and other social science topics. I'm also very anti-SJW. Like i'm not claiming blacks are inherently dumb but it IS a possibility and you're being intellectually dishonest if you deny that. There's a clear black-white IQ and achievement gap that we can't explain. This among other politically incorrect topics like muslim terrorism or disproportionate amount of black crime or Africa's lack of advancement I'm not afraid to look at honestly.

Added in 1 minute 11 seconds:
yettee wrote:
2 months ago
On some issues, but on the whole I'd say that I'm a bit left of center, and at some point I took that political compass test that was discussed here months ago, and thats what it showed. I agree with the Republican party (or at least the pre-Trump one that cared about deficits for example) on some issues, but for a few reasons like gun control and abortion rights could never vote for one for national office.
I get leftist libertarian on that test too, the four quadrant one right? . People just assume i'm right wing because I'm always fighting against the anti white anti male SJW agenda.

User avatar
JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 753
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1516
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by JLBB » 2 months ago

Exodus wrote:
2 months ago
Again playing dumb. Obviously its spreading your SJW ideology. I shouldn't have to explain this.
He's clearly a "progressive" and a leftist of some sort but I wouldn't associate him with SJW, probably leaning slightly more that direction simply because the media sources he consumes are orientated towards a focus on social issues and injustice.

What SJW ideas does he say? I think SJW implies a certain level of deliberate virtue signalling for social and group brownie points that doesn't apply to him either. Even if I think he hasn't sourced an argument well, its overly simplistic, reductive etc its still clearly genuine and actually comes from research and seeking out information which is significantly more than I can say for the vast majority of leftwingers I talk to. If you went and read all the sources of information Afro looks at you (or anyone) would clearly come out significantly better informed about the true state of the world, I couldn't say the same about That Guy even if I agree with him moreso than Afro on a lot of issues.

Added in 2 minutes 24 seconds:
Exodus wrote:
2 months ago
Converting random people to your ideology is a benefit, if it wasnt there wouldn't be so many people protesting and such. And its not just about converting me, its also about converting the crowd watching, the people coming here see your stuff and are swayed. There's better reach here than talking to some neighbor or friend in real life. You have all the people visiting this site as your "audience"
I do agree with this though, the only reason to post on a forum is to synthesize your own thoughts, learn more about various topics/people, group brownie points and to influence others. He definitely wants to influence people but from a perspective he genuinely believes and not for some kind of broad personal benefit.

User avatar
Exodus
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 456
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 607
Norwood: NW6
Regimen: nothing

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by Exodus » 2 months ago

JLBB wrote:
2 months ago
He's clearly a "progressive" and a leftist of some sort but I wouldn't associate him with SJW, probably leaning slightly more that direction simply because the media sources he consumes are orientated towards a focus on social issues and injustice.

What SJW ideas does he say? I think SJW implies a certain level of deliberate virtue signalling for social and group brownie points that doesn't apply to him either. Even if I think he hasn't sourced an argument well, its overly simplistic, reductive etc its still clearly genuine and actually comes from research and seeking out information which is significantly more than I can say for the vast majority of leftwingers I talk to. If you went and read all the sources of information Afro looks at you (or anyone) would clearly come out significantly better informed about the true state of the world, I couldn't say the same about That Guy even if I agree with him moreso than Afro on a lot of issues.
when I brought up the disproportionate black crime rate in America he brought up some random anecdote about a white boss that skimmed his paycheck like that proves anything lol. he also hates on American cops as if theyre worse than American blacks. He said china has "shown the ability to copy innovations" like its something impressive and there isn't anything wrong with it. and some other stuff that i honestly just pushed out of my head because it angered me.

to be fair he is better than most other leftists though that is a very low standard

User avatar
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1871
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 4704
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 2 months ago

Exodus wrote:
2 months ago
when I brought up the disproportionate black crime rate in America he brought up some random anecdote about a white boss that skimmed his paycheck like that proves anything lol. he also hates on American cops as if theyre worse than American blacks. He said china has "shown the ability to copy innovations" like its something impressive and there isn't anything wrong with it. and some other stuff that i honestly just pushed out of my head because it angered me.

to be fair he is better than most other leftists though that is a very low standard
You totally misunderstood both points.

I guess I may have explained them.poorly, but you'd be better off asking for a clarifications than coming up with really inane conclusions.

I might try and explain them later today.

PS I have not written much about American cops here. You might have me confused me with someone else.

Added in 7 minutes 58 seconds:
JLBB wrote:
2 months ago
He's clearly a "progressive" and a leftist of some sort but I wouldn't associate him with SJW, probably leaning slightly more that direction simply because the media sources he consumes are orientated towards a focus on social issues and injustice.

What SJW ideas does he say? I think SJW implies a certain level of deliberate virtue signalling for social and group brownie points that doesn't apply to him either. Even if I think he hasn't sourced an argument well, its overly simplistic, reductive etc its still clearly genuine and actually comes from research and seeking out information which is significantly more than I can say for the vast majority of leftwingers I talk to. If you went and read all the sources of information Afro looks at you (or anyone) would clearly come out significantly better informed about the true state of the world, I couldn't say the same about That Guy even if I agree with him moreso than Afro on a lot of issues.

Added in 2 minutes 24 seconds:


I do agree with this though, the only reason to post on a forum is to synthesize your own thoughts, learn more about various topics/people, group brownie points and to influence others. He definitely wants to influence people but from a perspective he genuinely believes and not for some kind of broad personal benefit.
The only time when my posts are really meant to influence others here is when I post about hair loss and adjacent issues. For example my transplant thread is deliberately and consciously written with the intention of encouraging others to strongly consider a transplant.

Mostly though, posting on this forum and debating ideas is like playing chess or pickup basketball.

Edited to add: Though I appreciate a lot of your point, implying that I'm largely repeating my media sources is somewhat condescending. I also choose what media to consume, and often critically evaluate arguments as I read them. And I make an effort to seek out competent media that disagrees with me, and consume it.

The largest gap in my media consumption continues to be the paucity of international media. That remains due to a lack of time and a lack of will.
PhD in Internalized Incelism.

"I do still post to criticise others" - Rudiger.

User avatar
C4L
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 250
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 412
Norwood: NW3.5
Regimen: none

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by C4L » 2 months ago

Importance of a chin in daily life is underestimated.
Russians must save Europe from the racist liberal elite.

User avatar
Hairblues
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1265
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2410
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by Hairblues » 2 months ago

C4L wrote:
2 months ago
Importance of a chin in daily life is underestimated.
I don’t underestimate chin or jaw.

User avatar
rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1291
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1537
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by rclark » 2 months ago

Just curious, has anybody grown their hair out who is a Norwood three, or after their transplant?

Was wondering if @JLBB or @Admin still have longer hair?

I was thinking of growing it as long as James McVoy, after watching IT Chapter 2. I don't know if he
is wearing extensions or if that is his real hair in the movie.

james_mcavoy_hair.jpg
james_mcavoy_hair.jpg (7.4 KiB) Viewed 689 times

This is his hair after the movie.

Think happy thoughts.

User avatar
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1871
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 4704
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 2 months ago

Funny graphic on the ostensible health advantages of veganism.

20190918_214102.jpg
20190918_214102.jpg (567.34 KiB) Viewed 673 times
PhD in Internalized Incelism.

"I do still post to criticise others" - Rudiger.

User avatar
rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1291
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1537
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by rclark » 2 months ago

C4L wrote:
2 months ago
Importance of a chin in daily life is underestimated.
Absolutely.

https://nypost.com/2010/01/14/lenos-tak ... -the-chin/
Think happy thoughts.

User avatar
yettee
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 492
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1292
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Minoxidil

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by yettee » 2 months ago

Stern was always super funny talking about Leno.

User avatar
rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1291
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1537
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by rclark » 2 months ago

yettee wrote:
2 months ago
Stern was always super funny talking about Leno.
He was, I know. The thing is, Jay Leno used to make fun of Stern's hair (which I believe
is a wig at this point in his life).

That said, Jay's show isn't funny at all, in my opinion. Then again, I haven't listened to Stern
since he was on Xirius. I have friends that do, and it's still the same show, except more commercials.
Plus Stern only does it three days a week. I don't think either Jay or Stern is funny anymore. When
I listened to Stern a couple times on my friend's radio station, it kind of sucked to me. It wasn't
like when he was on the radio, it was very friendly, and in the "safe zone" on everything.

I also think Artie Lange is probably looking into taking over Stern's show when he retires.
Think happy thoughts.

User avatar
yettee
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 492
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1292
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Minoxidil

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by yettee » 2 months ago

rclark wrote:
2 months ago
He was, I know. The thing is, Jay Leno used to make fun of Stern's hair (which I believe
is a wig at this point in his life).

That said, Jay's show isn't funny at all, in my opinion. Then again, I haven't listened to Stern
since he was on Xirius. I have friends that do, and it's still the same show, except more commercials.
Plus Stern only does it three days a week. I don't think either Jay or Stern is funny anymore. When
I listened to Stern a couple times on my friend's radio station, it kind of sucked to me. It wasn't
like when he was on the radio, it was very friendly, and in the "safe zone" on everything.

I also think Artie Lange is probably looking into taking over Stern's show when he retires.

ya, i noticed artie is in the news again, he wants to make amends, you could be right... i was never a big fan of his though. to be honest i do like the current lineup.
he always loved letterman and took his side against leno.
what you told me about howard a year ago regarding scotts wife still puts me off. that said i do love the show anyway when i hear it.... ya it can get too safe zone, but sometimes he lets it rip and hes still got it. or sometimes its just howard and robin talking for an hour and yeah they can sound sleepy. but on the whole i think its still good, for the most part. frankly we both know a lot of his non... safe zone stuff was very very funny back in the day but he has grown up and im cool with that.

User avatar
rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1291
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1537
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by rclark » 2 months ago

yettee wrote:
2 months ago
ya, i noticed artie is in the news again, he wants to make amends, you could be right... i was never a big fan of his though. to be honest i do like the current lineup.
he always loved letterman and took his side against leno.
what you told me about howard a year ago regarding scotts wife still puts me off. that said i do love the show anyway when i hear it.... ya it can get too safe zone, but sometimes he lets it rip and hes still got it. or sometimes its just howard and robin talking for an hour and yeah they can sound sleepy. but on the whole i think its still good, for the most part. frankly we both know a lot of his non... safe zone stuff was very very funny back in the day but he has grown up and im cool with that.
That's cool. I can respect that. I really haven't listened to him since he was on Xirius radio, other than
a friends station. It just seems like there's always a ton of commercials, and less Stern.

He always apologizes though, (i.e. Wendy Williams, who attacked him first). He wasn't like that
before.

I actually liked the show when he had full time writers (Artie, Jackie, etc). He hasn't replace them, and I'm
kind of surprised about that.
Think happy thoughts.

User avatar
Xexos
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 585
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 615
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Finasteride 1.25 MG ED .. Tea Tree Shampoo 3x a week
Age: 19

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by Xexos » 2 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
2 months ago
Funny graphic on the ostensible health advantages of veganism.

20190918_214102.jpg
Just decided to check the forum out of curiosity, and oh my God, you're pushing veganism now on the Goyim.

Listen buddy, we were created to eat meat and as a human being, i know that every other creature out there exists to serve me either by it's meat, it's fur, it's skin, it's role in the natural system, etc. Also Veganism is extremely dangerous, so don't brainwash people here because many of them are young and they don't want to have lost their teeth along with their hair by the age of 40.

I'm out again, have a nice day.

User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 2000
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 4424
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, Nizoral shampoo, hope.
Location: Belgium
Age: 30
Contact:

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by Admin » 2 months ago

Xexos wrote:
2 months ago
Just decided to check the forum out of curiosity, and oh my God, you're pushing veganism now on the Goyim.
@Afro_Vacancy was actually mocking veganism and its supposed health benefits in that post.
"Along the way some boys started making fun of him by shouting, “Go away, baldy! Get out of here!” Elisha turned around and stared at the boys. Then he cursed them in the name of the Lord. At once two bears ran out of the woods and ripped to pieces 42 of the boys." - 2 Kings 23-24

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests