IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
Post Reply
User avatar
Hairblues
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 971
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1745
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by Hairblues » 1 week ago

JLBB wrote:
1 week ago
Jesus Christ, That Guys comments about the German economy under Hitler are delusional and inaccurate but so is this. This has nothing to do with reality, and nor does it even reflect what That Guy was referring to, which was before the war. Again I’m not saying That Guy was correct, but no one here seems to actually read what he writes because they’re too busy losing their shit and cognitive abilities because of naughty words and ideas.

On the situation with the ban, it’s clearly deserved but admittedly post after post Afro you do strawman or take out of context his actual arguments. I understand why he attacked you because communication was failing. And I understand your point that much of what he says isn’t worth referring to, but you very often DO respond to him and very often aren’t addressing what he actually said.


I’ve been reluctant to comment on That Guy

But some things aren’t sitting well with me.

I definitely DONT support his views or the language he’s using to argue with people. I find most of his posts that I’ve skimmed, to be racist and in my opinion disgusting and vile.

However, on HairLossTalk from his posts I never found him to be low IQ or low intellegence. Although he never displayed this racism at least not that I had ever seen. I don’t automatic equate racism with intellegence.


I also don’t know how people are speculating on his social skills or employment.
How are we supposed to accurately access that on a forum?
I think on HairLossTalk his social skills and intellegence wasat least on par with most other posters we consider to be at least normal. (Although, i now suspect he concealed his racism over there since I don’t recall
It)
I don’t want to address his profession because that’s his business but I don’t think you can assess someone’s employment based on the time spent posting or the times of days. People don’t all work 9-5 weekly hours

I haven’t read most of his posts but the alledging he’s violent or possibly violent really surprises and concerns me. I don’t know it to be true or false but I do think we shouldn’t suggest something like that without proof or @Admin addressing it to assess if that is factual or not.

Again, I DONT support his outlook or his choice of language or his slandering people on race or religion. But to suggest he’s less than smart, his socially awkward, he’s unemployed, because he’s a racist really underestimated racism because (unfortunately) MANY racists are working in great professions, are charming and socially fine.

If there is actual posts that he’s potentially violent then again that’s something I want @Admin to confirm because I don’t want to read his posts. But I don’t really want to be here if people are promoting violence or any kind. So perhaps we can have some factual clarity on it?
Last edited by Hairblues 1 week ago, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1766
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 3870
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Head & Shoulders caffeine shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling
Location: Belgium
Age: 29
Contact:

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by Admin » 1 week ago

@Hairblues, writings promoting violence or calling for it would be one of the rare things I would instantly delete.

Thank God, I've never had to do it, so there's your answer. No, @That Guy has never encouraged violence.

I admit I don't read everything that's posted on this forum, I would never have the time or energy to do that. I trust that the truly illegal speech will be quickly brought to my attention by you guys, like it's been done for a few doxxing attempts, which are barely disguised calls for harassment.

User avatar
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1578
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 3859
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 1 week ago

Hairblues wrote:
1 week ago
I’ve been reluctant to defend That Guy because I know some are going to confuse what I say as supporting his views.

But some things aren’t sitting well with me.

I definitely DONT supposed his views or the language he’s using to argue with people. I find most of his posts to be racist and in my opinion disgusting and vile.

However, I got to know him a little in HairLossTalk from his posts a and few private messages. I never found him to be low IQ or low intellegence. He’s intellegent and articulate. Although he never displayed this racism at least not that I had ever seen. I don’t automatic equate racism with intellegence.


I also don’t know how people are speculating on his social skills or employment.
How are we supposed to accurately access that on a forum?
I think from my interactions on HairLossTalk his social skills and intellegence is at least on par with most other posters we consider to be at least normal. (Although, i now suspect he concealed his racism over there since I don’t recall
It)
I don’t want to address his profession because that’s his business but I don’t think you can assess someone’s employment based on the time spent posting or the times of days. People don’t all work 9-5 weekly hours. Especially in fields that are not office or ‘normal’ professions. Perhaos it’s easier to just ask him instead of make assumptions or evaluations.

I haven’t read most of his posts but the alledging he’s violent or possibly violent really surprises and concerns me. I don’t know it to be true or false but I do think we shouldn’t suggest something like that without proof or @Admin addressing it to assess if that is factual or not.

Again, I DONT support his outlook or his choice of language or his slandering people on race or religion. But to suggest he’s less than smart, his socially awkward, he’s unemployed, because he’s a racist really underestimated racism because (unfortunately) MANY racists are working in great professions, are charming and socially fine.

If there is actual posts that he’s potentially violent then again that’s something I want @Admin to confirm because I don’t want to read his posts. But I don’t really want to be here if people are promoting violence or any kind. So perhaps we can have some factual clarity on it?
I also liked him on hairlosstalk. A lot. I remember being excited when he showed up here.

He did post some mildly racist things back then, but they were very mild, at a level that I'm fully desensitized to, so it didn't really bother me. He was also a lot more level-headed as far as I could tell, he could hold a conversation without veering into delusions of grandeur, and without depending on insults worthy of a teenage delinquent seeking attention. He also did a lot of good. He tried to keep the hair loss treatment conversations on topic, he summarized some upcoming treatments, and he never denied that both of looks and personality mattered in relationships. I appreciated his points on the effect of money on women.

I also know some otherwise intelligent and charming racists. In and of itself, there's very little contradiction. In his case, however, he would link to many arguments that were factually incorrect without getting cognitive dissonance, and also to many arguments that he did not understand at all. I think that we all do this sometimes, but in his case it was a pattern.The inability to feel cognitive dissonance is, in my opinion, a problem. At some people, a healthy, rational, intelligent person should notice that the parts don't add up.

As for his employment, I should not have speculated beyond what he's written here. He was irritating me, I had the impression that he was insecure about it, so I struck on it. It's wrong to do as by doing so I'm also striking at other people who are in that predicament, some of whom don't deserve to be. I will not be bringing it up in the future.

Added in 12 minutes 33 seconds:
Exodus wrote:
1 week ago
Its a reasonable assumption. Not a hallucination
A reasonable guess, but not an assumption to make with as much confident as you did.

I've never lived in a "rich" neighborhood. I have lived in middle-class neighborhoods, "Black ghettos" as you call them, and mixed neighborhoods. I had different priorities, different options, and different income levels at different times. My second year of living in a Black ghetto I was scolded by my boss and my workmates, but actually I had no problems with the Black people there. It was however difficult to get food delivered, and the one White neighbor kept harassing my roommates and I.

Though I now hang out with a lot of well-off people, I myself am not that well-off. I get additional expenses here and there due to having grown up poor. I sometimes need to support members of my extended family. I'm spendthrift due to anxiety and depression. All of that costs money.

Separately, if you want to live in a "rich, safe, white neighborhood" in a large city you often need two incomes. Homes are a lot more expensive than they used to be. I'd likely live in such a neighborhood if I was married to e.g. a neurosurgeon. The best way for a middle-class man to save money is to get a long-term girlfriend, as the cost of everything drops. Friends of mine who are in couples have twice the income due to being dual earners, apartments that are twice as large (or even homes), while only paying maybe ~25% more for rent, and for other expenses such as their cars and their hotels and their food and their furniture. Couples also tend to have two choices of health and dental insurance, and they get more flexibility in scheduling which allows them to manage chores better.

And even there things can be expensive. I recently spent a couple days hanging out with a successful engineer from Southern California. He has trouble meeting expenses, as there are many other people like him. If the kids in his kids' school do well on standardized tests, the value of his home can jump by 100 thousand. Luckily he already has a home.

****

By the way, I've been robbed by each of Black, Hispanic, non-Jewish White, and Jewish peoples. All of them have been annoying, but it is the latter two which caused me the most harm.

User avatar
Exodus
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 354
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 449
Norwood: NW6
Regimen: nothing

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by Exodus » 1 week ago

JLBB wrote:
1 week ago
Jesus Christ, That Guys comments about the German economy under Hitler are delusional and inaccurate but so is this. This has nothing to do with reality, and nor does it even reflect what That Guy was referring to, which was before the war. Again I’m not saying That Guy was correct, but no one here seems to actually read what he writes because they’re too busy losing their shit and cognitive abilities because of naughty words and ideas.

On the situation with the ban, it’s clearly deserved but admittedly post after post Afro you do strawman or take out of context his actual arguments. I understand why he attacked you because communication was failing. And I understand your point that much of what he says isn’t worth referring to, but you very often DO respond to him and very often aren’t addressing what he actually said.
this. +1. afro I told you i wasn't the only one who has noticed you avoid arguments

User avatar
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1578
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 3859
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 1 week ago

Exodus wrote:
1 week ago
this. +1. afro I told you i wasn't the only one who has noticed you avoid arguments
You might also notice that I responded to his post, as it was respectful and competent.

You can think what you want, but I have no responsibility and no requirement to respond to everybody all of the time.

User avatar
Hairblues
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 971
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1745
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by Hairblues » 1 week ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 week ago
I also liked him on hairlosstalk. A lot. I remember being excited when he showed up here.

He did post some mildly racist things back then, but they were very mild, at a level that I'm fully desensitized to, so it didn't really bother me. He was also a lot more level-headed as far as I could tell, he could hold a conversation without veering into delusions of grandeur, and without depending on insults worthy of a teenage delinquent seeking attention. He also did a lot of good. He tried to keep the hair loss treatment conversations on topic, he summarized some upcoming treatments, and he never denied that both of looks and personality mattered in relationships. I appreciated his points on the effect of money on women.

I also know some otherwise intelligent and charming racists. In and of itself, there's very little contradiction. In his case, however, he would link to many arguments that were factually incorrect without getting cognitive dissonance, and also to many arguments that he did not understand at all. I think that we all do this sometimes, but in his case it was a pattern.The inability to feel cognitive dissonance is, in my opinion, a problem. At some people, a healthy, rational, intelligent person should notice that the parts don't add up.

As for his employment, I should not have speculated beyond what he's written here. He was irritating me, I had the impression that he was insecure about it, so I struck on it. It's wrong to do as by doing so I'm also striking at other people who are in that predicament, some of whom don't deserve to be.
It’s funny because I have had that experience with a few posters who have a bias about women that I know who you consider to be intelligent.

So is it that the person isn’t intellegent or is it that they don’t care vs their bias?

I have friend on both the right and the left who post false
Stories and if you point it out to them, they find an excuse to keep it up and actually snap at you. I’m sure a lot of you have experienced this.

Does that make them lack intellegence? I don’t think so
I think it’s a choice MANY are making now to ignore facts that don’t fit their narrative. I think it’s a bigger problem that Thay Guy who do this.

It’s not good but I don’t think he’s the only person on this site that does that, he unfortunately is just the most vile poster in his language and outlook, so it’s easy for us to spotlight it with him.

When people have agendas they do this. Even politicians. (Especially politicians).

User avatar
Exodus
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 354
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 449
Norwood: NW6
Regimen: nothing

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by Exodus » 1 week ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 week ago
I also liked him on hairlosstalk. A lot. I remember being excited when he showed up here.

He did post some mildly racist things back then, but they were very mild, at a level that I'm fully desensitized to, so it didn't really bother me. He was also a lot more level-headed as far as I could tell, he could hold a conversation without veering into delusions of grandeur, and without depending on insults worthy of a teenage delinquent seeking attention. He also did a lot of good. He tried to keep the hair loss treatment conversations on topic, he summarized some upcoming treatments, and he never denied that both of looks and personality mattered in relationships. I appreciated his points on the effect of money on women.

I also know some otherwise intelligent and charming racists. In and of itself, there's very little contradiction. In his case, however, he would link to many arguments that were factually incorrect without getting cognitive dissonance, and also to many arguments that he did not understand at all. I think that we all do this sometimes, but in his case it was a pattern.The inability to feel cognitive dissonance is, in my opinion, a problem. At some people, a healthy, rational, intelligent person should notice that the parts don't add up.

As for his employment, I should not have speculated beyond what he's written here. He was irritating me, I had the impression that he was insecure about it, so I struck on it. It's wrong to do as by doing so I'm also striking at other people who are in that predicament, some of whom don't deserve to be. I will not be bringing it up in the future.

Added in 12 minutes 33 seconds:


A reasonable guess, but not an assumption to make with as much confident as you did.

I've never lived in a "rich" neighborhood. I have lived in middle-class neighborhoods, "Black ghettos" as you call them, and mixed neighborhoods. I had different priorities, different options, and different income levels at different times. My second year of living in a Black ghetto I was scolded by my boss and my workmates, but actually I had no problems with the Black people there. It was however difficult to get food delivered, and the one White neighbor kept harassing my roommates and I.

Though I now hang out with a lot of well-off people, I myself am not that well-off. I get additional expenses here and there due to having grown up poor. I sometimes need to support members of my extended family. I'm spendthrift due to anxiety and depression. All of that costs money.

Separately, if you want to live in a "rich, safe, white neighborhood" in a large city you often need two incomes. Homes are a lot more expensive than they used to be. I'd likely live in such a neighborhood if I was married to e.g. a neurosurgeon. The best way for a middle-class man to save money is to get a long-term girlfriend, as the cost of everything drops. Friends of mine who are in couples have twice the income due to being dual earners, apartments that are twice as large (or even homes), while only paying maybe ~25% more for rent, and for other expenses such as their cars and their hotels and their food and their furniture. Couples also tend to have two choices of health and dental insurance, and they get more flexibility in scheduling which allows them to manage chores better.

And even there things can be expensive. I recently spent a couple days hanging out with a successful engineer from Southern California. He has trouble meeting expenses, as there are many other people like him. If the kids in his kids' school do well on standardized tests, the value of his home can jump by 100 thousand. Luckily he already has a home.

****

By the way, I've been robbed by each of Black, Hispanic, non-Jewish White, and Jewish peoples. All of them have been annoying, but it is the latter two which caused me the most harm.
blacks make up 13% of the American population yet commit HALF the murder and robbery. and disproportionately a lot of other crimes
https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/20 ... s/table-43

and no not being able to afford a 4th chicken sandwich isnt an excuse to rob and kill

I shouldn't even have referred to anecdotes to support my argument but shitlib privilege is enraging so I couldn't help it.

also considering you're the same guy who acted like your nw1.5 was significant hair loss I'm not sure what to trust. that along with your extreme left sentiments. if you really have grown up in shitty poor black areas yet deny all this I guess you are just putting your head in the sand

at the end of the day the guy who avoids and is careful around blacks is much less likely to be killed, robbed, or attacked. you really think I care about "muh waysism" when my life is on the fucking line?! lol

Added in 2 minutes 5 seconds:
Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 week ago
You might also notice that I responded to his post, as it was respectful and competent.

You can think what you want, but I have no responsibility and no requirement to respond to everybody all of the time.
still more justification for running away :lol: . you're hopeless dude

I don't know how many times you can sneakily call people who disagree with you wrong or dismiss them but just saying or doing that doesnt make you right.

User avatar
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1578
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 3859
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 1 week ago

Hairblues wrote:
1 week ago
It’s funny because I have had that experience with a few posters who have a bias about women that I know who you consider to be intelligent.

So is it that the person isn’t intellegent or is it that they don’t care vs their bias?

I have friend on both the right and the left who post false
Stories and if you point it out to them, they find an excuse to keep it up and actually snap at you. I’m sure a lot of you have experienced this.

Does that make them lack intellegence? I don’t think so
I think it’s a choice MANY are making now to ignore facts that don’t fit their narrative. I think it’s a bigger problem that Thay Guy who do this.

It’s not good but I don’t think he’s the only person on this site that does that, he unfortunately is just the most vile poster in his language and outlook, so it’s easy for us to spotlight it with him.

When people have agendas they do this. Even politicians. (Especially politicians).
I've argued against misogyny on this site and on HairLossTalk several times. The only person whom I think came close to That Guy in relative vileness was ... Well there was Sad Vegeta (before your time) who was thankfully banned, and Minos. I think that the guy's name was Minos. I did think that he was an idiot and I argued against him a few times. I think that he had a theory that women don't experience love (lol), and he'd start making comparisons to other animals in the animal kingdom. I also recall one time that there was no point to arguing against him, as Zircon was already spanking him.

In recent weeks, we've had nameless argue that he's going to do well with younger women once he gets his hair back. I've told him my prediction: No. Among my reasons, he is an older man not just on the outside (even with hair), but on the inside. A 21 year-old woman will, if she has all of the options, want a high-quality 21-23 year old man, someone to not just have sex with and stare at, but someone to share her time with.

@Pat has views similar to That Guy, but I can't actually consider him impaired. Some of his sources were ludicrous, but he also posted some very competent sources at other times. When we've fought, he criticized me, and not what my 17th cousins are alleged to have done.

Politicians have a financial incentive to lie. It's part of why they do it. If they do well in office they can get a nice and lucrative gig as a lobbyist when they're done, or go on speaking tours. None of us are going to make money off of this site. The only reason that we might post is that it might be a path to greater understanding. I just don't see much of a reason to lie on here.

User avatar
Hairblues
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 971
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1745
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by Hairblues » 1 week ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 week ago
I've argued against misogyny on this site and on HairLossTalk several times. The only person whom I think came close to That Guy in relative vileness was ... Well there was Sad Vegeta (before your time) who was thankfully banned, and Minos. I think that the guy's name was Minos. I did think that he was an idiot and I argued against him a few times. I think that he had a theory that women don't experience love (lol), and he'd start making comparisons to other animals in the animal kingdom. I also recall one time that there was no point to arguing against him, as Zircon was already spanking him.

In recent weeks, we've had nameless argue that he's going to do well with younger women once he gets his hair back. I've told him my prediction: No. Among my reasons, he is an older man not just on the outside (even with hair), but on the inside. A 21 year-old woman will, if she has all of the options, want a high-quality 21-23 year old man, someone to not just have sex with and stare at, but someone to share her time with.

@Pat has views similar to That Guy, but I can't actually consider him impaired. Some of his sources were ludicrous, but he also posted some very competent sources at other times. When we've fought, he criticized me, and not what my 17th cousins are alleged to have done.

Politicians have a financial incentive to lie. It's part of why they do it. If they do well in office they can get a nice and lucrative gig as a lobbyist when they're done, or go on speaking tours. None of us are going to make money off of this site. The only reason that we might post is that it might be a path to greater understanding. I just don't see much of a reason to lie on here.
I’m not referring to any of the people you’ve mentioned

it wasn’t meant for you to get defensive of your posts or other posters.

I guess you missed the point.

So be it. :)

User avatar
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1578
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 3859
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 1 week ago

Exodus wrote:
1 week ago
blacks make up 13% of the American population yet commit HALF the murder and robbery. and disproportionately a lot of other crimes
https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/20 ... s/table-43

and no not being able to afford a 4th chicken sandwich isnt an excuse to rob and kill

I shouldn't even have referred to anecdotes to support my argument but shitlib privilege is enraging so I couldn't help it.

also considering you're the same guy who acted like your nw1.5 was significant hair loss I'm not sure what to trust. that along with your extreme left sentiments. if you really have grown up in shitty poor black areas yet deny all this I guess you are just putting your head in the sand

at the end of the day the guy who avoids and is careful around blacks is much less likely to be killed, robbed, or attacked. you really think I care about "muh waysism" when my life is on the fucking line?! lol
1) Your life is in trouble, that's true. To the best of my knowledge, you're in the most difficult situation of any of the active posters here, as far as I know. If you want to discuss it in greater detail, I'm sure that people might offer constructive advice. Most recently, you said that you had an awful reaction to an med that was otherwise helpful, and so my advice to you remains: Try a different med, you have a good shot of not getting the same side effects.

2) I didn't consider my NW2.5 with diffuse thinning to be that significant. I know that I had one of the better situations of people here. However, I was worried that it would get worse, and I wanted better, which I'm allowed to want. Now, once my transplanted hairs come back (hopefully), I'll be a NW1.5.

The first time that I was really bothered about my hair loss was at a gym full of mirrors. I was making good progress. Losing fat and gaining muscle. I then noticed my thinning forelock and thought "Fuck, one step forward, one step back." I did a google search and ended up on HairLossTalk.

3) Wealthy white people commit a lot of crimes that doesn't get reported as they have power. The cases that I mentioned of being robbed by Whites (Jews and non-Jews) was from when I was a teenager. I used to work various odd jobs, and many employers of service sector workers would arbitrarily and illegally reduce the paychecks. That doesn't get reported to the same extent, but they're using their own power to rob others. I was just an 18 year old who wanted money to buy books and beers. I remember working with a mother at a department store who was white and in her late 20s, and her paycheck was randomly missing $80. She said that this happened all of the time.

OK, enough for today lol.

User avatar
Exodus
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 354
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 449
Norwood: NW6
Regimen: nothing

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by Exodus » 1 week ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 week ago


3) Wealthy white people commit a lot of crimes that doesn't get reported as they have power. The cases that I mentioned of being robbed by Whites (Jews and non-Jews) was from when I was a teenager. I used to work various odd jobs, and many employers of service sector workers would arbitrarily and illegally reduce the paychecks. That doesn't get reported to the same extent, but they're using their own power to rob others. I was just an 18 year old who wanted money to buy books and beers. I remember working with a mother at a department store who was white and in her late 20s, and her paycheck was randomly missing $80. She said that this happened all of the time.

OK, enough for today lol.
this is just an anecdote. and even assuming its true at least its not done through gunpoint or other methods that threaten your life like with blacks.

nameless
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 523
Joined: 10 months ago
Reputation: 231
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by nameless » 1 week ago

Exodus wrote:
1 week ago
this is just an anecdote. and even assuming its true at least its not done through gunpoint or other methods that threaten your life like with blacks.
Are you saying there are no white people robbing people at gunpoint or other methods that threaten life?

What about this guy:



Added in 6 minutes 28 seconds:
Exodus wrote:
1 week ago
this is just an anecdote. and even assuming its true at least its not done through gunpoint or other methods that threaten your life like with blacks.
I understand you got bullied a lot by dark-skinned people when your parents and the govt controlled which schools you went to. But if you're living on your own now then the way to keep people in bad neighborhoods from harming you is to stay out of the bad areas. And all races and ethnicities have bad areas. I repeat - just stay out of the bad areas.

User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1766
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 3870
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Head & Shoulders caffeine shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling
Location: Belgium
Age: 29
Contact:

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by Admin » 1 week ago

nameless wrote:
1 week ago
Are you saying there are no white people robbing people at gunpoint or other methods that threaten life?
Statistically, proportionally, this number is much bigger than this one.

I may be a leftie and I too wish reality was different sometimes but, come on, this "so what you're saying is that it is all black! All white!"...

As I've said before, here's what's going on subconsciously when you ask that kind of question:
Wikipedia wrote:Splitting (also called black-and-white thinking or all-or-nothing thinking) is the failure in a person's thinking to bring together the dichotomy of both positive and negative qualities of the self and others into a cohesive, realistic whole. It is a common defense mechanism. The individual tends to think in extremes (i.e., an individual's actions and motivations are all good or all bad with no middle ground).
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splitting_(psychology)

No, @Exodus does not think that white people never rob or threaten people. No one thinks that, unless they have some kind of brain damage.

What matters here is why it is so, and the main reason identified by experts like Thomas Sowell is fatherlessness.

User avatar
JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 623
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1260
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by JLBB » 1 week ago

nameless wrote:
1 week ago
Are you saying there are no white people robbing people at gunpoint or other methods that threaten life?

What about this guy:



Added in 6 minutes 28 seconds:


I understand you got bullied a lot by dark-skinned people when your parents and the govt controlled which schools you went to. But if you're living on your own now then the way to keep people in bad neighborhoods from harming you is to stay out of the bad areas. And all races and ethnicities have bad areas. I repeat - just stay out of the bad areas.
"Are you saying there are no white people robbing people at gunpoint or other methods that threaten life?

What about this guy:"

In case you didn't realise, this is what a strawman argument looks like. You're responding to something Exodus never said. Funny about Exodus I think he's on the lower end of IQ of posters here and likely had among the worst education, but he is in general better at reading, comprehending and responding to what someone actually wrote than the majority of the more leftwing posters here. I suspect its because of a natural instinct of many (the vast majority?) on the left to virtue signal about any given topic rather than understand or discuss it. Social narrative over truth. Ultimately that often requires ignoring the underlying arguments or trying to negate them to reach a more socially acceptable conclusion, resulting in a response to an unreality rather than harsh facts, or accepting that a dickhead like That Guy might actually be right a significant amount of the time. The easiest way to do this is simply lie about what they wrote.

In this case nameless your response had nothing to do with what he wrote, you're wasting your own and everyone else's time because of it.

User avatar
Hairblues
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 971
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1745
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by Hairblues » 1 week ago

Admin wrote:
1 week ago
Statistically, proportionally, this number is much bigger than this one.

I may be a leftie and I too wish reality was different sometimes but, come on, this "so what you're saying is that it is all black! All white!"...

As I've said before, here's what's going on subconsciously when you ask that kind of question:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splitting_(psychology)

No, @Exodus does not think that white people never rob or threaten people. No one thinks that, unless they have some kind of brain damage.

What matters here is why it is so, and the main reason identified by experts like Thomas Sowell is fatherlessness.
I think it's more than just fatherlessness, although I do think that is important... We now have a lot of white baby-mamas who have no father figure in household. The statistics of it I don't know, but has it made an impact on crime with white people?

I think it's also that for many years they weren't able to get decent employment for many decades so I'm sure this led to other avenues of making money via crime that this gets passed down.

The police in USA are not always as responsive to their 911 calls in a timely manner vs white areas.

They don't have a culture that trusts their policemen to bear witness to crimes and give police reports. I know a few NYPD and when something happens they can't get witness statements in these neighborhoods. If a potential witness goes into the house and closes the door, you can't make them come out and give a statement I think you would have to issue a warrant or a summons. I'm not 100% sure BUT Ive seen people refuse to give statements and slam door shut. I'm sure if a dead body was around they have to get an order of some kind. I don't know the procedure.

Drugs. It is well known that the mafia sold drugs for many decades in black/brown neighborhoods but for a LONG time kept them out of white neighborhoods. this was NY but I'm sure other areas too. I think it changed at a certain point and was sold in white neighborhoods as well but not for a few decades.

I think a lifestyle and culture passed down to a very young age...in 80s 12 year olds were dealing crack and feeding their whole families.

The welfare and housing system...I dont know to what degree, I don't think it should be abolished but there is an obvious agreement that it's not working efficiently as it is.

Predatory lenders--they have made it very difficult to let black people do the thing that helped other groups who had it rough at various times such as Italian or Irish, and that is buy a home.

check cashing places--again dealing with check cashing and not regular banks has an effect.

The prison system--even TRUMP and Rand Paul agree something is up with our system so we can debate how to make that better but it does have a negative affect vs white people.
I feel like if I got arrested for a crime, I could turn my life around and probably if it wasn't a violent crime not even get a prison setence compared to a black man.
My friend was in prison for a few years for a fraud charge....he lost his license to be a broker BUT he was later able to get a union job and create his own side business....I don't think that would happen for black people.
White people tend to also have better connections even at a working class level..Unions for instance. Most blue collar unions at least in NY were predominantly Irish and Italian for many years...Now I do think there are more black people but they don't have that multi generations.

Schools. Some white areas are still good/decent schools even if lower income families vs most black lower income families. (I dont know much about the south except that when I lived there briefly in 80s, I was sent to private school because their public School even in a white area was a year behind my school in NY.)

As an adult I have stayed and lived short term in some mostly black areas. IF I had had a kid, I never would have.
I do think white people are capable of crime but there is something goin on in black poverty neighborhoods that (they themselves attest too) that make it very tempting for the kids to get criminalized at a young age and they do need some help to change it.
I think most of the adults would welcome some help and change.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests