IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
Post Reply
Hanginginthewire
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Posts: 83
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 87
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Propecia

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by Hanginginthewire » 1 week ago

Exodus wrote:
1 week ago
That guy is obviously intelligent. even afro admitted so
I said he (That Guy) was not remarkably so. An important distinction. Certainly not enough to justify spamming this hair loss website with regurgitated ideas from other sources. Can there be any doubt that That Guy’s views are 99% derived from web forums, Twitter, and the like? We all have access to alt-right environs, we don’t need some brash dude from the Canadian prairie presenting it to us in such a belligerent and unrelenting manner. It’s not the place for it number one, and number two, like I said, it’s not at all coming from That Guy’s experiences really. A 20 something from semi rural Canada who has middling education and experience? Afro is perfectly reasonable to carefully parse the time he gives “that guy.” He literally is “that guy” - mostly unremarkable in every way.

And ditto on hair loss. Admin has been in the trenches, walked the talk, etc. But whether it’s the state of hair loss or an off topic thread, here comes That Guy shooting from the hip and blustering with a bunch of second hand hyperbole, insulting everyone, and beating the same old drums. It gets old.

And on hair loss he’s been demonstrably wrong anyway - he can deny it so he wants but he certainly entertained the idea that Brotzu was serious, his Follica worship has amounted to nothing, and his comments about transplants are misinformed. He’s not a poster to be taken seriously. And like I said - most of us aren’t, we are just randos suffering and commiserating together. That Guy suffers from delusions of grandeur though and I guess thinks that his newly discovered identitarian outlook makes him a Somebody.

User avatar
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1578
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 3859
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 1 week ago

Exodus wrote:
1 week ago
That guy is obviously intelligent. even afro admitted so
I think that @That Guy's prose is above average, and that his quantitative skills, his creativity, and his critical thinking skills are average or below average.

It also, however, doesn't matter if his IQ is 90, 100, or 110, as both @Hanginginthewire and @pjhair have mentioned. What matters is whether he contributes to the forum constructively, which he doesn't do. He doesn't post about his experiences, rather, he spams about his delusions of grandeur which are coping mechanisms for his lack of experiences.

User avatar
That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1159
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2148
Norwood: NW2.5

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by That Guy » 1 week ago

rclark wrote:
1 week ago
You're white knighting @That Guy. That's a bad term to use for him, but seriously.

Here's a fact. Africans invented the banjo, and blues scales.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African-American_music
The blues scale is the pentatonic scale with the addition of a tritone.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blues_scale

This was most definitely not "invented" by Africans, for reasons previously mentioned a million times, nor is that stated in your link. "Blue notes" exist in English folk music, which predates African Americans by hundreds of years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_note

Though it probably is true that African American blues players popularized it in America. But given that it was the English who colonized North America, where do you think those slaves might have learned this?

Added in 2 minutes 14 seconds:
nameless wrote:
1 week ago
That Guy, if you look above at the 2 sentences I've isolated from your last post you will see that in your 1st sentence you complain that Afro feels like we are not worthy of him and then in your last sentence you specifically state that we are not worthy of you. Give that some thought
Wow...

You are really this dumb.

User avatar
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1578
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 3859
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 1 week ago

Screenshot_20190909-222131.png
Screenshot_20190909-222131.png (355.36 KiB) Viewed 318 times
The above spam doesn't add to the discussion.

User avatar
That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1159
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2148
Norwood: NW2.5

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by That Guy » 1 week ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 week ago
Screenshot_20190909-222131.png

The above spam doesn't add to the discussion.
Thought I wasn't worthy of your precious "attention"?

nameless
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 523
Joined: 10 months ago
Reputation: 231
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by nameless » 1 week ago

Exodus wrote:
1 week ago
That guy is obviously intelligent. even afro admitted so
in my opinion youre mischaracterizing Afro's statement regarding That Guy's intellect. The posts I've seen by Afro regarding That Guy's intellect do not seem complementary at all. I think Afro has said that, That Guy's intellect seems average or below average. A few of Afro's key arguments for downrating That Guy's intellect are his constant use of Pseudoscience to support his incorrect claims AND how he spends too much time posting span rather than posting information about hair loss. I concur with both of these allegations. And I'm not concurring with Afro's comments about That Guy's intellect because I'm in Afro's corner. I'm agreeing with Afro's statements because I've experienced the same things as Afro with That Guy. I've been in the same position as Afro where I was having to deal with That Guy's crap evidence during debate.

For example, I just recently had a discussion with That Guy regarding his use of a totally disrespected paleontology theory and its' supporting evidence in an attempt to demonstrate that the human race began in Europe. I don't know if I would go so far as to call the study that, That Guy presented Pseudoscience, but I will say that virtually the entire paleontology community totally disrespects and they collectively reject everything about the study. The paleontology community is practically scoffing at the study that, That Guy used to try to prove that the human race began in Europe. Even if that study is not spam, it's a VERY bad study based on VERY bad evidence, and every thing about the study and its' evidence is TOTALLY disregarded by the paleontology community.

And regarding Afro's claim that, That Guy posts too much spam I can confirm that, That Guy himself has admitted to it. He has stated that he goes to sites and makes racist posts because he figures that even if most people at the site disagree with him he may be able to recruit a few people to his racist cause. He's intentionally posting racist spam in an attempt to spread racism and get new recruits to his racist cause. What part of that agenda has anything to do with hair loss?

Another recent example of That Guy's below average intellect is found in a recent post wherein one of his first sentences rags on Afro for allegedly feeling like the rest of us are not worthy of him and then just a few sentences later, and in the same post, That Guy calls some of us "Cunts" and tells us we're not worthy of HIM. He clearly has a penchant for stupidity. I don't think he has any grasp that he's talking bullshit when he's talking bullshit, and that's a sign of an inferior intellect.

And he's something of a control freak because he gets far too angry when people reject his ideas. He can't handle being disagreed with. He's obviously arrogant and he thinks he's special.
Last edited by nameless 1 week ago, edited 9 times in total.

User avatar
yettee
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 297
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 848
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Minoxidil

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by yettee » 1 week ago

That Guy wrote:
1 week ago
Thought I wasn't worthy of your precious "attention"?
The problem of dealing with evil and hate is that it can create a moral dilemna in a good, normal human being. Arguing against it can be uncomfortable and can be a total waste of time. How often does evil change? On the other hand ignoring it can make one feel guilty (I could have done more...) So it's easy to see how he'd have conflicting impulses regarding how to respond to you.

User avatar
blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1396
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1961

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by blackg » 1 week ago

@JLBB you tried to articulate your reasons for hating nameless but I can't understand why these personality traits (of nameless) give you such strong feelings in the first place.

Also, why would you let a guy who is half the world away have such a strong impact on your psyche?
It's not like @nameless has any impact on your day to day activities, is it?
You sound a bit unhinged, mate.
Don't kneel because you feel

nameless
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 523
Joined: 10 months ago
Reputation: 231
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by nameless » 1 week ago

blackg wrote:
1 week ago
@JLBB you tried to articulate your reasons for hating nameless but I can't understand why these personality traits (of nameless) give you such strong feelings in the first place.

Also, why would you let a guy who is half the world away have such a strong impact on your psyche?
It's not like @nameless has any impact on your day to day activities, is it?
You sound a bit unhinged, mate.
Thanks blackg.

pjhair
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 534
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1518

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by pjhair » 1 week ago

yettee wrote:
1 week ago
The problem of dealing with evil and hate is that it can create a moral dilemna in a good, normal human being. Arguing against it can be uncomfortable and can be a total waste of time. How often does evil change? On the other hand ignoring it can make one feel guilty (I could have done more...) So it's easy to see how he'd have conflicting impulses regarding how to respond to you.
That's an excellent point. I will also like to add that engaging in these arguments can also sometimes help silent watchers who may be on the fence on these issues. However, I believe there is a limit to it. Some people operate on fundamentally different premises/assumptions and have a thought process that makes meeting of the minds an impossible goal. Holding toxic discussions with them simply becomes pointless and a net negative in my opinion. It's best to move on at that point.

User avatar
That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1159
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2148
Norwood: NW2.5

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by That Guy » 1 week ago

yettee wrote:
1 week ago
The problem of dealing with evil and hate is that it can create a moral dilemna in a good, normal human being. Arguing against it can be uncomfortable and can be a total waste of time. How often does evil change? On the other hand ignoring it can make one feel guilty (I could have done more...) So it's easy to see how he'd have conflicting impulses regarding how to respond to you.
Sure, self-proclaimed, post-modernist. Whatever you say.

This thread has mostly become a liberal circlejerk dedicated to slinging mud at me since Afro lost the argument he attempted to strawman me on. It's brought pretty much every Neo-Marxist type on the sight out of the woodwork, especially after some of the other posters didn't exactly wind up siding with you.
pjhair wrote:
1 week ago
That's an excellent point. I will also like to add that engaging in these arguments can also sometimes help silent watchers who may be on the fence on these issues.
Yes, it does. And those silent watchers will be able to see that nameless is completely nuts, Afro does nothing but gaslight the entire forum with carefully crafted strawmen, thinks that acknowledgment from him is some sort of honor, and refuses to say that he's against white people becoming minorities in our own homes; and PJHair (despite admitting to having a good life in India) won't go home because he wants to fuck white women.

They will see how you have all blown up at these suggestions, fail to acknowledge pertinent questions, and just sling whatever conjecture and insults you can when you've lost.

I'm not too worried, because out in the meat world, my side, that is, "get the fuck out of our countries" is winning more all the time.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/order-fr ... t-germany/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -town.html

https://infotel.ca/newsitem/apfn-eu-hun ... 1484750866

https://summit.news/2019/08/02/hungary- ... -children/

https://www.thegoldwater.com/news/36961 ... rica-Video

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/immigration-c ... 26920.html

https://dutchreview.com/news/politics/d ... -wins-big/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 503758001/

You people who insist on invading our homes, destroyed them, destroyed the family unit, promoted anal degeneracy and sexualizing children, decriminalized the intentional spread of life-destroying diseases like HIV in California, censored all dissent into oblivion, ruined lives with false rape accusations, and those of you who helped facilitate all these things are going to be in for a shock in the near future as real leadership is put in power; leadership that will set right what you wronged. Leadership that more and more white people are seeking and gradually are finding.

The society that rises from that, will not forget or forgive what you've done.

nameless
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 523
Joined: 10 months ago
Reputation: 231
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by nameless » 1 week ago

pjhair wrote:
1 week ago
That's an excellent point. I will also like to add that engaging in these arguments can also sometimes help silent watchers who may be on the fence on these issues. However, I believe there is a limit to it. Some people operate on fundamentally different premises/assumptions and have a thought process that makes meeting of the minds an impossible goal. Holding toxic discussions with them simply becomes pointless and a net negative in my opinion. It's best to move on at that point.
What you're saying does seem like it's the most sensible path to take but isn't it also true that if someone doesn't speak out against hate then the only thing people will hear is the hate, without any counter-argument? And when Hitler silenced dissension didn't that help him get more people on his side? I'm not saying that Hitler and That Guy are the same thing, but That Guy has said that he goes to websites and promotes his racial views because he figures that even if he can't get everyone at a site to agree with him, he may be able to get a few people on board with his agenda. I think it was Edmund Burke who cautioned us that "the only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing". Perhaps I'm not the right guy to present the counter-argument to evil but shouldn't somebody?

Added in 22 minutes 17 seconds:
Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 week ago
I think that @That Guy's prose is above average, and that his quantitative skills, his creativity, and his critical thinking skills are average or below average.

It also, however, doesn't matter if his IQ is 90, 100, or 110, as both @Hanginginthewire and @pjhair have mentioned. What matters is whether he contributes to the forum constructively, which he doesn't do. He doesn't post about his experiences, rather, he spams about his delusions of grandeur which are coping mechanisms for his lack of experiences.
I only gave you 2 points for your post above because I agree with you about That Guy's intelligence being below average, but I can't agree with you that there's any real chance that his intelligence could rise to the level of average. He comes off like Archie Bunker's more evil twin. I just can't wrap my head around That Guy trying to get us to hate YOU (Afro Vacancy) by telling us that YOU (again Afro Vacancy) believe the rest of us are "unworthy" of YOU, and then just a few sentences later and in the same post, he tells that we are "unworthy" of HIM (That Guy. It made me scratch my head when I read it.
Last edited by nameless 1 week ago, edited 27 times in total.

pjhair
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 534
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1518

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by pjhair » 1 week ago

That Guy wrote:
1 week ago
You people who insist on invading our homes, destroyed them, destroyed the family unit, promoted anal degeneracy and sexualizing children, decriminalized the intentional spread of life-destroying diseases like HIV in California, censored all dissent into oblivion, ruined lives with false rape accusations, and those of you who helped facilitate all these things are going to be in for a shock in the near future as real leadership is put in power; leadership that will set right what you wronged. Leadership that more and more white people are seeking and gradually are finding.

The society that rises from that, will not forget or forgive what you've done.
Don't fucking pretend that ONLY you evil Nazis are sole saviors of society. I and many conservatives and fair minded liberals are firmly against things like destabilizing family units, sexualization of children, decriminalization of the spread of intentional life destroying diseases, censoring thoughts, false rape accusations, etc. We actively fight against these things every day. However, unlike you deranged, racist, Nazis we are not full of hate for Jews, homosexual, minorities, etc. Unlike you, we don't think there can be any justification for the holocaust. We consider it absolute evil.

nameless
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 523
Joined: 10 months ago
Reputation: 231
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by nameless » 1 week ago

EvilLocks wrote:
1 week ago
Image
Thanks for not getting on board with JLBB's attacks against me.
Last edited by nameless 1 week ago, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Exodus
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 354
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 449
Norwood: NW6
Regimen: nothing

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by Exodus » 1 week ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 week ago
I think that @That Guy's prose is above average, and that his quantitative skills, his creativity, and his critical thinking skills are average or below average.

It also, however, doesn't matter if his IQ is 90, 100, or 110, as both @Hanginginthewire and @pjhair have mentioned. What matters is whether he contributes to the forum constructively, which he doesn't do. He doesn't post about his experiences, rather, he spams about his delusions of grandeur which are coping mechanisms for his lack of experiences.
Lol changed your tune about his intelligence after we handed you the L

Added in 1 minute 37 seconds:
Hanginginthewire wrote:
1 week ago
I said he (That Guy) was not remarkably so. An important distinction. Certainly not enough to justify spamming this hair loss website with regurgitated ideas from other sources. Can there be any doubt that That Guy’s views are 99% derived from web forums, Twitter, and the like? We all have access to alt-right environs, we don’t need some brash dude from the Canadian prairie presenting it to us in such a belligerent and unrelenting manner. It’s not the place for it number one, and number two, like I said, it’s not at all coming from That Guy’s experiences really. A 20 something from semi rural Canada who has middling education and experience? Afro is perfectly reasonable to carefully parse the time he gives “that guy.” He literally is “that guy” - mostly unremarkable in every way.

And ditto on hair loss. Admin has been in the trenches, walked the talk, etc. But whether it’s the state of hair loss or an off topic thread, here comes That Guy shooting from the hip and blustering with a bunch of second hand hyperbole, insulting everyone, and beating the same old drums. It gets old.

And on hair loss he’s been demonstrably wrong anyway - he can deny it so he wants but he certainly entertained the idea that Brotzu was serious, his Follica worship has amounted to nothing, and his comments about transplants are misinformed. He’s not a poster to be taken seriously. And like I said - most of us aren’t, we are just randos suffering and commiserating together. That Guy suffers from delusions of grandeur though and I guess thinks that his newly discovered identitarian outlook makes him a Somebody.
Dude who even are you? Did that guy fuck your girlfriend or something? Lmfao. Where does all this come from
nameless wrote:
1 week ago
in my opinion youre mischaracterizing Afro's statement regarding That Guy's intellect. The posts I've seen by Afro regarding That Guy's intellect do not seem complementary at all. I think Afro has said that, That Guy's intellect seems average or below average. A few of Afro's key arguments for downrating That Guy's intellect are his constant use of Pseudoscience to support his incorrect claims AND how he spends too much time posting span rather than posting information about hair loss. I concur with both of these allegations. And I'm not concurring with Afro's comments about That Guy's intellect because I'm in Afro's corner. I'm agreeing with Afro's statements because I've experience the same things with That Guy. I've been in the same position as Afro where I was having to deal with That Guy's crap evidence during debate.

For example, I just recently had a discussion with That Guy regarding his use of a totally disrespected paleontology theory and its' supporting evidence in an attempt to demonstrate that the human race began in Europe. I don't know if I would go so far as to call the study that, That Guy presented Pseudoscience, but I will say that virtually the entire paleontology community totally disrespects and they collectively reject everything about the study. The paleontology community is practically scoffing at the study that, That Guy used to try to prove that the human race began in Europe. Even if that study is not spam, it's a VERY bad study based on VERY bad evidence, and every thing about the study and its' evidence is TOTALLY disregarded by the paleontology community.

And regarding Afro's claim that, That Guy posts too much spam I can confirm that, That Guy himself has admitted to it. He has stated that he goes to sites and makes racist posts because he figures that even if most people at the site disagree with him he may be able to recruit a few people to his racist cause. He's intentionally posting racist spam in an attempt to spread racism and get new recruits to his racist cause. What part of that agenda has anything to do with hair loss?

Another recent example of That Guy's below average intellect is found in a recent post wherein one of his first sentences rags on Afro for allegedly feeling like the rest of us are not worthy of him and then just a few sentences later That Guy calls some of us "Cunts" and tells us we're not worthy of him. It's almost on a level of stupidity that you would see in an old 3-Stooges show. He clearly has a penchant for stupidity. I don't think he has any grasp that it's bullshit when he's talking bullshit, and that's a sign of an inferior intellect.

And he's something of a control freak because he gets far too angry when people reject his ideas. He can't handle being disagreed with. He's obviously arrogant and he thinks he's special.
Like afro you're just butthurt at the L you took

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: pjhair and 4 guests