Kavanaugh sexual assault claims

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
User avatar
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 862
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:13 pm
Reputation: 1965
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: Kavanaugh sexual assault claims

Post by Afro_Vacancy » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:24 pm

Rudiger wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:07 pm
That was some sarcasm there.
Oh ok, thanks for explaining that. It might have been obvious ...
Rudiger wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:07 pm
It was always going to damage their own cause but they'll still mindlessly pursue it out of virtue. Uniting Conservatives is one thing but the real damage it's doing is to the Democratic party itself.
They look bad because they lost, and they also look bad because identity politics is simply not a political winner. In the long run they're unlikely to win jack shit unless they re-incorporate poor whites as part of their coalition.

I believe that they don't want to do this, because they also want to be the party that Wall Street and Silicon Valley donate money to. So they try and win by energizing various minority groups and hoping that they can raise their turnout rate faster than the GOP can raise the turnout rate among their own groups.

It might work here and there in isolated examples, and in fact it has, but I don't see it working in general, and in fact it hasn't.

One thing that could help the democrats, for example, is if a nutjub decides to go kill 200 people with his guns before Election Day. That usually gets them good press. On the other hand, if somebody shoots a police officer, I'd expect that the opposite will happen.

User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1055
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 10:45 pm
Reputation: 2170
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil, Stemoxydine and Adenosin shampoo
- 1.5mm dermarolling 1x a week
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Kavanaugh sexual assault claims

Post by Admin » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:45 pm

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:01 pm
It was also speculated in the mainstream media that this nomination fight was a show of strength, independent of the other factors.
Power™

It might also have been about doing what's right and not bowing down to a rabid mob?

Which leads me to another point of yours I wanted to address:
Afro_Vacancy wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:40 pm
Without power and strength, the effectiveness of peaceful protests will often be zero. Moreover, it is the case that telling people to wait can be an injustice, as human lives do not last forever. A lot of good people might be dying and suffering in the meantime.
Maybe people who are powerless and weak shouldn't go about trying to turn into an angry mob to reverse a situation? Maybe they should still remain peaceful until they gain some power and strength the fair way?

Or are you advocating that if there is an unfair majority with more power in place, then anything goes (physical violence, murder) since it yields results faster and more efficiently?

If you can't have something through peaceful (or even violent) dialogue, maybe you shouldn't have it at all? If you can't properly and fairly negociate for something, why should it be granted to you? Because life is unfair? Oh yes it is, should we do something about it at the social level? Only for the extreme cases in my opinion. No one should go hungry, no one should die or suffer because they can't pay for health care, and everybody should be able to afford a roof. That's where it stops if you ask me.

Again, I can see we use different lenses, I'd say that yours is colder and more realistic, but by your own definition of realistic, which I would call materialistic, or [insert bearded intellectual.jpg]. I like to include right and wrong, or good and evil in my analysis. You seem to think it can be taken out of the equation and it doesn't matter, or rather that it doesn't exist, that it's all a quest for power on every side and on every level, or maybe just on the social level? I believe it's all about good and evil on every single level: personal, social, historical, etc.
Hair transplants: 2000 graft (May 2014) and 2024 graft (January 2018) FUE's with Dr. De Reys for front and mid-scalp.

User avatar
JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 554
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:31 am
Reputation: 1263
Norwood: NW3.5

Re: Kavanaugh sexual assault claims

Post by JasonStatham » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:20 pm

Image

Mhm....I know I'm late. Big mistake for Peterson. His "fanbase" including me, do not like stuff like this.

User avatar
Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 596
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:32 am
Reputation: 1500
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Re: Kavanaugh sexual assault claims

Post by Rudiger » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:52 am

"But why would she lie?"

https://globalnews.ca/news/4628088/bret ... ation-lie/

It's not Ford but, this is a woman, who lied, why would she?

There's billions of people on earth, why would it be so inconceivable that some of them like to lie?

Because people. Fucking. Lie. And this article isn't about Ford, but people, lie! At least there's a motive here, people often lie for no fucking reason.

Possibly the most plausible reason for Ford lying was that she's been assaulted at some point in her life and with the rising fame of her fellow high schooler, she somehow started to attribute the attempted rape to him. Even Kavanaugh himself has acknowledged this, that she actually believes her own bullshit at this point, as he said "something happened to her".

I don't even believe that, I'm not sure that anything happened to her. Call me crazy but I like to believe in some forms of evidence and facts, I think Kavanaugh and other political commentators were being too philanthropic about the human race when saying that Ford must have had something happen to her. This is not necessarily true, in fact it's not even "not necessarily true" there's fucking nothing to make me think that it could be true!

As her testimony unravelled before us and also the details about her as a person came out, it became clearer to me that actually, nothing probably has ever happened to her. She's simply insane, her own closest family didn't back her up, her ex-boyfriend (who broke up with her after she cheated on him) has records of her continually using or attempting to use his credit card a year after their break up. She has never been known to anyone to struggle with claustrophobia, she lied about the reason she installed a second door in her house (for a renter) she regularly fly's in planes for her job or even holidays, sometimes she's flown out to places for 2 fucking days! 2 days! Just jump on a plane to grab a coffee, I have minimal problems with flying but even I wouldn't like to pointlessly jump on an aircraft for such a short space of time being somewhere.

But anyway, "why would she lie" should be extinct as an argument. If anyone wants to believe in her based on her alleged testimony then fine, that's one thing, even though I think that's ridiculous (particularly as the people she said would definitely back her up- they didn't back her up) but fine whatever.

If, however, you genuinely believe "why would she lie?" then I'm afraid you are a victim of bias. Because lying for attention/money/fame or not even any of those things, or even just to be a psychopathic liar! These are regular occurrences in human life, it happens daily in people's personal lives, it happens in the news regularly.

This just can't be an argument anymore, if you think this is an argument or justified reason, then your thoughts are pointless.

If you want to focus on Kavanaugh then that's one thing, but you should scratch "why would she lie?" off as part of your reasoning. Reason?

People lie.
Last edited by Rudiger on Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

User avatar
Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 596
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:32 am
Reputation: 1500
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Re: Kavanaugh sexual assault claims

Post by Rudiger » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:06 am

Why would she lie?!!?!

https://www.gofundme.com/help-christine-blasey-ford

Even fucking Slate are suspicious.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/201 ... paign.html

Wp Blasey Ford gg
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

nameless
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:32 am
Reputation: 9
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

Re: Kavanaugh sexual assault claims

Post by nameless » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:17 am

I don't really think that Ford or Kavanaugh were proved correct. I think it's a he-said-she-said situation and there's no hard proof against Kavanaugh regarding the sexual assault allegations. I do think Kavanaugh definitely told some lies under oath during the hearing and that's really bothersome. I mean, it just seems like a judge, especially one on the highest court of the land, should adhere to the law. I think that committing perjury during the hearing should have kept him off the court but I don't think that the sexual assault charges should have.

All of this seems more concerning since the GOP might win the upcoming midterms. I think it's a bad idea to have one party in control of all of the branches of government, especially since that one party (the GOP) might be under Russia's thumb, or at least their President might be. If the GOP keeps control of both the house and senate then they will cover-up any Team Trump involvement with the Russians in 2016. We will never know the truth. The only way for us to find out is if the democrats get control of the house or the senate.

Unfortunately, I think that the migrant caravans may drive many many republicans to the polls, which could lead to the GOP winning the midterms, and then we the people will never know the truth about possible Trump/Russia collusion.

If we find out the total truth and Trump really wasn't colluding with Russia then I'm much less concerned about him being the President. My main complaint against him is his possible collusion with Russia.
Last edited by nameless on Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 596
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:32 am
Reputation: 1500
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Re: Kavanaugh sexual assault claims

Post by Rudiger » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:00 am

nameless wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:17 am
I don't really think that Ford or Cavanaugh were proved correct. I think it's a he-said-she-said situation and there's no hard proof against Kavanaugh regarding the sexual assault allegations. I do think Kavanaugh definitely told some lies under oath during the hearing and that's really bothersome. I mean, it just seems like a judge, especially one on the highest court of the land, should adhere to the law. I think that committing perjury should have kept him off the court but I don't think that the sexual assault charges should have.

All of this seems more concerning since the GOP might win the upcoming midterms. I think it's a bad idea to have one party in control of all of the branches of government, especially since that one party (the GOP) might be under Russia's thumb, or at least their President might be. If the GOP keeps control of both the house and senate then they will cover any Team Trump involvement with the Russians in 2016. We will never know the truth. The only way for us to find out is if the democrats get control of the house or the senate.

Unfortunately, I think that the migrant caravans may drive many many republicans to the polls, which could lead to the GOP winning the midterms, and then we the people will never know the truth about possible Trump/Russia collusion.

If we find out the total truth and Trump really wasn't colluding with Russia then I'm much less concerned about him being the President. My main complaint against him is his possible collusion with Russia.
You're right that Kavanaugh was never proven correct, because that's impossible. You can't disprove every single action you've made as a human being that existed in your entire history. That does not equate to probable cause. However, trying to prove something that happened is a different story.

I would possibly prefer for the Dems to win on Tuesday (although every fibre of my being does not want this to happen), Trump has done an incredible job and I feel at least having an "opposition" will give him an excuse as to why the laws he wants to pass, are getting blocked. This is a win-win, he's definitely already getting a second term, winning the house will boost that, losing the House will increase his fanbase's loyalty.

So if they lose the house and if the economy and GDP continues to grow? He overcame adversity. If they win? And the economy continues to grow, then keep voting Trump. Pretty simple.

I even think that he knows this from watching his recent rallies and interviews, he's open to both possibilities- in terms of how he's approached the mid-terms and by no means is playing it safe. I get the impression that he doesn't even care if Republicans lose the House, it's all going to work in his favour regardless.

I don't want an echo chamber either and I understand your point, it's dangerous, however Trump is not like a Romney or anything, although he's careless in his speeches and on twitter but he's not careless when taking action. This guy was previously a Democrat for most of his life, I would rather a careless and often clueless maniac like Trump to be in charge over a John McCain, because you'd be drafted at this point if he was in control.

I don't like Trump's indecision over the second amendment, I don't like his absurdly fleeting politics when it comes to foreign intervention policy, and neither do most Republicans. However this is never going to be an echo chamber, his indecision is part of the fact he's probably a classic Liberal at heart, but knows what's best for his country.

I genuinely believe that Trump's gut instinct is to welcome even illegal immigration, for example, but at this point he knows it's gotten insane, and he's going to clamp down on it.
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

User avatar
Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 596
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:32 am
Reputation: 1500
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Re: Kavanaugh sexual assault claims

Post by Rudiger » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:30 pm

This does give me hope for humanity-

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/07/gop-cre ... crats.html

And I like how CNBC try to write about it impartially but even after clarifying 3 times this is a Conservative viewpoint, they need to string every single sentence with "... Republicans claim". We get it! This is not the views of CNBC!

But anyway, every single coin flip seat that had a Democrat opposing Kavanaugh- all lost. I've read estimates that since it was fabricated Kavanaugh is a gang rapist, Dems have lost 4 points on average across every single seat, which is insane. It absolutely would have been a Blue wave if that's true (according to some polling, it looks like it could very well be true actually). It could have been somewhere in the 50s or 60s in terms of seats lost.

Republicans lost something like 28 seats? Didn't go over 30 I'm sure. In contrast Obama once lost 68 seats in a mid term, and it was historically bad but not even regarded as disastrous or anything. I believe all presidents in the past 3 decades and beyond have suffered worse defeats in mid terms (Clinton was also 49 seats or something).

So anyway, Kavanaugh backfired so tremendously and every Liberal who expressed their bias and virtuous moral outrage at him based on nothing- you contributed to it.

How?

The people you thought you're impressing by mindlessly "believing survivors" well they went in a polling booth privately, and thought their private thoughts, that they couldn't possibly vote in to power those who will rip down an innocent man and his family, for nothing more than political gain, and what those people are prepared to do for power.

In those polling booths these people thought about how it could be them next, or their husband, son, brother, father.

They certainly weren't thinking about the mindless virtue signallers who tried to convince themselves they are above others for believing when there's no evidence.

Continue to eat yourselves.

Bonus point- the only tight race involving a Democrat who did oppose the Kavanaugh slaughtering, Joe Manchin- he won!

Of course he did. That is beautiful.
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

User avatar
blackg
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 651
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:18 am
Reputation: 687

Re: Kavanaugh sexual assault claims

Post by blackg » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:02 pm

I think the mid-terms were more of a referendum on Trump's first two years in office than a reaction against the Kavanaugh witch-hunts.
I acknowledge the traditional owners of Australia and North America. Fred, go home!

nameless
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:32 am
Reputation: 9
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

Re: Kavanaugh sexual assault claims

Post by nameless » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:14 am

Rudiger wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:30 pm
This does give me hope for humanity-

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/07/gop-cre ... crats.html

But anyway, every single coin flip seat that had a Democrat opposing Kavanaugh- all lost. I've read estimates that since it was fabricated Kavanaugh is a gang rapist, Dems have lost 4 points on average across every single seat, which is insane. It absolutely would have been a Blue wave if that's true (according to some polling, it looks like it could very well be true actually). It could have been somewhere in the 50s or 60s in terms of seats lost.

Bonus point- the only tight race involving a Democrat who did oppose the Kavanaugh slaughtering, Joe Manchin- he won!

Of course he did. That is beautiful.
Democrats picked up close to 40 seats in the house and AP just called Arizona senate race for democrat Sinema. The republican candidate for Senator in Arizona (McSally) just conceded to the democratic candidate.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first- ... en-n935126

Dems also won big in state houses which will help dems when it comes to redistricting.

Dems picked up at least 7 governor seats and possibly 2 more (Florida and Georgia).

And they might still win the Florida senate race.

I also noticed that Manchin won his senate race. I think this means the other 3 (Donelly, McKaskill, Heidtkamp) may have been damaged by their votes against Kavanaugh. For a long time republican voters have heavily focused on overturning abortion by adding pro-life judges. I think that when those 3 vulnerable dem senators voted against Kavanaugh they sealed their fate, although I think Heidtkamp was going to be kicked out by the voters in her state no matter how she voted on Kavanaugh. Her's is a very red state.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Admin, Google Adsense [Bot] and 2 guests