Kavanaugh sexual assault claims

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
User avatar
blackg
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 650
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:18 am
Reputation: 687

Re: Kavanaugh sexual assault claims

Post by blackg » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:35 am

Admin wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:27 pm
Afro, I won't explain myself again over all the above, what I find disturbing (although I understand why) is your insistence on seeing what you want to see, or rather derive what you want to derive.

About what @Rudiger said to you, if we look beyond the harsh way he got his point across, there is a smart point to be found.

Tomorrow, you wake up, and you realize that a woman you've been on a date with has started screaming all over the place (social media, the mainstream media, etc.) that you sexually assaulted her.

It could happen. How would you react? Are you currently thinking "well that would never happen to me! No woman would ever do that to me!" It's no trivial point here, it's the core of the matter. Maybe thinking about that will help you empathize with Brett Kavanaugh? I'm not naive, I don't think it will.

As for your last point, you're again placing yourself on the side of the good and in your mind, I guess I am a 'predator' again, an evil person who laughs at rape victims, I mean for God's sake, well I guess I addressed it again.

MadScientist left for the very same reason and this is always where it ends with people who are on the left these days: "I don't like this, me good, you bad! People like me good, people like you bad!" and then they either leave, delete you or block you. Let's say I don't think that's very admirable.

I hope you realize that we're all arguing (or at least trying) to argue in good faith on this forum, no one is actively trying to act evil or to make you feel uncomfortable. Believe it or not, everyone here has good intentions (except maybe @blackg, keeping my eye on you!).
I haven't kept up with all the juicy titbits promulgated in this thread but I saw an article last night suggestiong Kavanaugh is all but a certainty to be the new Supreme Court justice.

If he is then I wish him all the best and hope he puts the American people first. Not illegal immigrants.
I acknowledge the traditional owners of Australia and North America. Fred, go home!

User avatar
Hairblues
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 737
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:28 pm
Reputation: 1192
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Re: Kavanaugh sexual assault claims

Post by Hairblues » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:10 pm

blackg wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:35 am
I haven't kept up with all the juicy titbits promulgated in this thread but I saw an article last night suggestiong Kavanaugh is all but a certainty to be the new Supreme Court justice.

If he is then I wish him all the best and hope he puts the American people first. Not illegal immigrants.
He’s was part of the Bush administration...uhm doubtful he will put American people first vs corporate interests.

User avatar
Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 596
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:32 am
Reputation: 1500
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Re: Kavanaugh sexual assault claims

Post by Rudiger » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:33 pm

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:21 pm
What I have not done, and will not do in the future, is always comprehensively respond to your long and unstructured posts which include dozens of separate points. I am not being paid to post here, and I have no responsibility to give you indefinite and undivided attention. Should I choose to respond to you, I will either respond to the points that I consider the most interesting, or the ones that I suspect that you consider the most important.

The post that I'm quoting is a good example. It would take me several hours to look up each of your claims. Meanwhile you did not actually consider nor ponder anything that I took time to write out to you, you merely scanned through my post and looked for opportunities to engage in flame wars.
So I guess you're just dropping deliberately quoting my post like that?

Your list did not deserve a decent response, the question was about why you are so certain and why you speak about Kavanaugh as a rapist as if it's a fact. Your first point was fucking "she's got nothing to lose so why not ey?!" I actually didn't intend to reply to any of it at all because it had no respect towards the actual question. Just like with cutting that quote short, you just care how it looks to others, so you wrote a big 13 point list as if "look I had all these valid points just sitting here the whole time". Most of them were total filler, but as long as you look good that's all that matters.

And just because they were "organised" in to points does not mean it was particularly coherent, the points overlapped as well.

If you struggle with googling the 2 or 3 (at most) simple points I made in my post then that's down to you, not me. Like I say, I wasn't even assed replying to any of it, so I could have dissected it a lot more if your list wasn't so unconvincing.

It would take several hours to reply to my dozens of points? Is this like how there was a top 25 concerns about Kavanaugh? But of course that's a "round number" (wtf?) so of course us dummies should have known a very specific number was of course facetious, none of the blame is on you and your consistent exaggerating Dave.

I just re-read my post and it includes 3 simple points on Kavanaugh, all of them you can Google and verify just from headlines and opening paragraphs, from even CNN or MSNBC (one of them about Ford's ex boyfriend was only reported by Fox and right wing news) what are you actually fucking talking about with my "dozens" of whacky points? And oddly you're whining I didn't reply to all of your points yet also whining that I posted dozens of points that you'd have to slave over for several hours to get to. Do you actually re-read your nonsense before posting it?

I know I'm doing something right when I'm replying in very simple terms and because you have fucking nothing to come back with you're acting like "how can anyone get to the bottom of all these crazy things you're saying! This bottomless pit of confusing unstructured insanity!" You're deliberately trying to act confused because you have no response. Now you're being typical high and mighty David "I shall choose what content of yours is worthy of my responses which are in good conscience" lol fuck off, my posts can be exhausting at times but that was not one of those times. You're just trying to belittle me with talking about unstructured points and how I only exist to seek out flame wars, you probably think this leaves you with no faults.

You started by poking me and then responded in typical David fashion about my temper tantrum, blatant tactic of winding someone up and then sitting back and acting all calm and collected, most of this exchange has been trademark you.
A good example:

I never suggested nor implied that his work on the Patriot act makes him a rapist.
Afro_Vacancy wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:19 pm
3) The case against Kavanaugh includes issues such that he is more likely an attempted rapist than not; his backers were afraid to conduct a proper FBI investigation as they didn't interview the majority of the people who were either stated to be witnesses or who have come forth; he committed perjury on multiple counts that are not trivial; he is a rabid partisan; he shares responsibility for the Patriot Act and can thus be considered an enemy of civil liberties; etc. Edited to add: I forgot an important one, Kavamaugh is an advocate of increased presidential power;
Not only did you include the Patriot Act as one of the issues that "makes him more likely a rapist than not" but you also felt that perjury and being a partisan makes him a rapist, it's even more ridiculous than I remember. You even fucking went back to edit! And why? Being an advocate of increased presidential power makes someone a rapist. You had to go out of your way to include that.

You lied about me saying you only had one argument and that being a "false statement", you never owned up to that. You've just lied again because you actually did say in no uncertain terms, in the same run-on list of a sentence, that the Patriot Act makes him a rapist, and you implied I invented this. Of course you won't own up to that either, you'll just move on to some other bullshit.

I've addressed why I wouldn't apologize to you because I believe you deliberately ignore some points and focus on others, and now you're deliberately clouding my points in smoke in mirrors in the most confusing way "Rudiger you didn't even respond to my ridiculous list of reasons that weren't at all convincing! Yet at the same time you replied too much with your dozens of points that take several hours to Google!!!"

But I don't think you have a leg to stand on with 2 times (at least) that you've definitely lied here, imagine how much you'd be whining and demanding an apology if you had caught me out like that.
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

User avatar
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 862
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:13 pm
Reputation: 1965
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: Kavanaugh sexual assault claims

Post by Afro_Vacancy » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:58 pm

Rudiger wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:33 pm
So I guess you're just dropping deliberately quoting my post like that?

Your list did not deserve a decent response, the question was about why you are so certain and why you speak about Kavanaugh as a rapist as if it's a fact. Your first point was fucking "she's got nothing to lose so why not ey?!" I actually didn't intend to reply to any of it at all because it had no respect towards the actual question. Just like with cutting that quote short, you just care how it looks to others, so you wrote a big 13 point list as if "look I had all these valid points just sitting here the whole time". Most of them were total filler, but as long as you look good that's all that matters.

And just because they were "organised" in to points does not mean it was particularly coherent, the points overlapped as well.

If you struggle with googling the 2 or 3 (at most) simple points I made in my post then that's down to you, not me. Like I say, I wasn't even assed replying to any of it, so I could have dissected it a lot more if your list wasn't so unconvincing.

It would take several hours to reply to my dozens of points? Is this like how there was a top 25 concerns about Kavanaugh? But of course that's a "round number" (wtf?) so of course us dummies should have known a very specific number was of course facetious, none of the blame is on you and your consistent exaggerating Dave.

I just re-read my post and it includes 3 simple points on Kavanaugh, all of them you can Google and verify just from headlines and opening paragraphs, from even CNN or MSNBC (one of them about Ford's ex boyfriend was only reported by Fox and right wing news) what are you actually fucking talking about with my "dozens" of whacky points? And oddly you're whining I didn't reply to all of your points yet also whining that I posted dozens of points that you'd have to slave over for several hours to get to. Do you actually re-read your nonsense before posting it?

I know I'm doing something right when I'm replying in very simple terms and because you have fucking nothing to come back with you're acting like "how can anyone get to the bottom of all these crazy things you're saying! This bottomless pit of confusing unstructured insanity!" You're deliberately trying to act confused because you have no response. Now you're being typical high and mighty David "I shall choose what content of yours is worthy of my responses which are in good conscience" lol fuck off, my posts can be exhausting at times but that was not one of those times. You're just trying to belittle me with talking about unstructured points and how I only exist to seek out flame wars, you probably think this leaves you with no faults.

You started by poking me and then responded in typical David fashion about my temper tantrum, blatant tactic of winding someone up and then sitting back and acting all calm and collected, most of this exchange has been trademark you.





Not only did you include the Patriot Act as one of the issues that "makes him more likely a rapist than not" but you also felt that perjury and being a partisan makes him a rapist, it's even more ridiculous than I remember. You even fucking went back to edit! And why? Being an advocate of increased presidential power makes someone a rapist. You had to go out of your way to include that.

You lied about me saying you only had one argument and that being a "false statement", you never owned up to that. You've just lied again because you actually did say in no uncertain terms, in the same run-on list of a sentence, that the Patriot Act makes him a rapist, and you implied I invented this. Of course you won't own up to that either, you'll just move on to some other bullshit.

I've addressed why I wouldn't apologize to you because I believe you deliberately ignore some points and focus on others, and now you're deliberately clouding my points in smoke in mirrors in the most confusing way "Rudiger you didn't even respond to my ridiculous list of reasons that weren't at all convincing! Yet at the same time you replied too much with your dozens of points that take several hours to Google!!!"

But I don't think you have a leg to stand on with 2 times (at least) that you've definitely lied here, imagine how much you'd be whining and demanding an apology if you had caught me out like that.
Again you do this thing where you write an incredibly long soliloquy containing dozens of disparate points while simultaneously lacking any flow or emphasis. I do not want to, nor do I have the time, to refute each of your misconceptions.

You also don't seem to know what a semi-colon is. The purpose of a semi-colon, by the way, is to separate different points. It's meant to be more pronounced than a comma. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semicolon
I am confident that nobody other than yourself interpreted that paragraph in the incorrect way that you did.

User avatar
Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 596
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:32 am
Reputation: 1500
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Re: Kavanaugh sexual assault claims

Post by Rudiger » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:40 pm

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:58 pm
Again you do this thing where you write an incredibly long soliloquy containing dozens of disparate points while simultaneously lacking any flow or emphasis. I do not want to, nor do I have the time, to refute each of your misconceptions.

You also don't seem to know what a semi-colon is. The purpose of a semi-colon, by the way, is to separate different points. It's meant to be more pronounced than a comma. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semicolon
I am confident that nobody other than yourself interpreted that paragraph in the incorrect way that you did.
And again you do this thing where you feign confusion at what was actually concise if you can take a step back and look at the post as a whole, and isolate a few major points. You have no problem doing this, you're just being full of shit. I'll still summise-

-Your list did not deserve a response as from the very first point (but there were also others) as you didn't provide any concrete reasons you refer to Kavanaugh as a definite rapist. This was the basis of my question.

-I did not write dozens of points that would take several hours to understand, I wrote 3 and you can literally verify those points in 5 seconds via Google. Hilariously you just exaggerated in the exact same manner about my dozens of points, again.

-You did cut my quote short deliberately before and now you are lying about the Patriot Act.

That's it! It wasn't that long or exhausting, you are doing your best to try and make it seem that way.

Now on to this blatant bullshit about a semi-colon, and I know what one is you patronising freak. As your helpful Wiki link states I use in that modern sense of a list of things which are connected but you are separating them.

When you begin a sentence like "The case against Kavanaugh includes issues such that he is more likely an attempted rapist than not;" you're actually telling me that you weren't going on to list related topics from here? And the first one of which was directly related to suspicion of him being a rapist (FBI not interviewing certain people) but I guess the ones after, we're supposed to know that you're no longer talking about that?

You wrote how it includes such issues and then went on to list issues. If you're saying these weren't related to him being a rapist, then why did you even write it with a semi-colon anyway? Why not just as normal sentences?

Well, because you were actually writing they were related, and you're lying again. You related these things to Kavanaugh being a rapist as part of your vague smearing, it even continued in that ridiculous list you wrote. I'm comfortable any person would find that paragraph confusing, well actually not even confusing, it was very clear that you wrote a list of reasons as to why he's a rapist.

Your tedious justifying of this with regards to the Patriot Act is that he's a rapist because he has no regards for civil liberties. That is actually insane, but you also thought it was relevant that people with misogynistic tendencies must be rapists, so to me this is all very clear.
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

User avatar
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 862
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:13 pm
Reputation: 1965
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: Kavanaugh sexual assault claims

Post by Afro_Vacancy » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:28 pm

Rudiger wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:40 pm
When you begin a sentence like "The case against Kavanaugh includes issues such ...
I am confident that you're the only person who misinterpreted that post in that manner.

User avatar
blackg
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 650
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:18 am
Reputation: 687

Re: Kavanaugh sexual assault claims

Post by blackg » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:38 am

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:58 pm
Again you do this thing where you write an incredibly long soliloquy containing dozens of disparate points while simultaneously lacking any flow or emphasis. I do not want to, nor do I have the time, to refute each of your misconceptions.

You also don't seem to know what a semi-colon is. The purpose of a semi-colon, by the way, is to separate different points. It's meant to be more pronounced than a comma. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semicolon
I am confident that nobody other than yourself interpreted that paragraph in the incorrect way that you did.
Dave, Rudiger made some very insightful and well presented thoughts about this whole Kavanaugh drama and you critique his written style by suggesting he needs to use semicolons?

That was poor form and bordering on elitism. I've said this once before; this is not a writer's forum.
I acknowledge the traditional owners of Australia and North America. Fred, go home!

User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1055
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 10:45 pm
Reputation: 2170
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil, Stemoxydine and Adenosin shampoo
- 1.5mm dermarolling 1x a week
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Kavanaugh sexual assault claims

Post by Admin » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:03 am

https://www.breitbart.com/video/2018/10 ... -subhuman/

This is disturbing to watch. It's like those people get high on outrage and grievances. They look like they're part of a cult.

To me, to me, they inspire the absolute opposite of admiration. I just feel sorry for them in the same way I'd be raising an eybrow at the 2 year old toddler throwing a temper tantrum at the store.

Except here it's not because they can't get a piece of candy, but because reality never seem to become how they wish it was.
Hair transplants: 2000 graft (May 2014) and 2024 graft (January 2018) FUE's with Dr. De Reys for front and mid-scalp.

User avatar
Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 596
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:32 am
Reputation: 1500
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Re: Kavanaugh sexual assault claims

Post by Rudiger » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:24 am

Admin wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:03 am
https://www.breitbart.com/video/2018/10 ... -subhuman/

This is disturbing to watch. It's like those people get high on outrage and grievances. They look like they're part of a cult.

To me, to me, they inspire the absolute opposite of admiration. I just feel sorry for them in the same way I'd be raising an eybrow at the 2 year old toddler throwing a temper tantrum at the store.

Except here it's not because they can't get a piece of candy, but because reality never seem to become how they wish it was.
Part of the problem is they don't even know what reality they actually want. They just started chanting BLM in the middle of all that and hysterically crying? They don't want discussion, they want to be outraged, call people subhuman and shout "SHAME... SHAME.." over and over.

On yesterday's Beauty and the Beta podcast he played that clip of them scraping their fingernails over the SC doors, to the Walking Dead music.
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1055
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 10:45 pm
Reputation: 2170
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil, Stemoxydine and Adenosin shampoo
- 1.5mm dermarolling 1x a week
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Kavanaugh sexual assault claims

Post by Admin » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:32 am

Rudiger wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:24 am
On yesterday's Beauty and the Beta podcast he played that clip of them scraping their fingernails over the SC doors, to the Walking Dead music.
The zombie is the most recent kind of monster to have entered our cultural landscape, and there are reasons for that.

Zombies have become so popular that people like to disguise as them and go on zombie walks, and I guess now they've unconsciously taken it a step further with what's happening in the video in the Breitbart article above.

That's definitely a fascinating rabbit hole to go down to:

Hair transplants: 2000 graft (May 2014) and 2024 graft (January 2018) FUE's with Dr. De Reys for front and mid-scalp.

User avatar
blackg
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 650
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:18 am
Reputation: 687

Re: Kavanaugh sexual assault claims

Post by blackg » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:41 am

Admin wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:03 am
https://www.breitbart.com/video/2018/10 ... -subhuman/

This is disturbing to watch. It's like those people get high on outrage and grievances. They look like they're part of a cult.

To me, to me, they inspire the absolute opposite of admiration. I just feel sorry for them in the same way I'd be raising an eybrow at the 2 year old toddler throwing a temper tantrum at the store.

Except here it's not because they can't get a piece of candy, but because reality never seem to become how they wish it was.
These people remind me of the ones who think 9-11 was an inside job.
They are lost without something to believe in.
I acknowledge the traditional owners of Australia and North America. Fred, go home!

User avatar
Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 596
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:32 am
Reputation: 1500
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Re: Kavanaugh sexual assault claims

Post by Rudiger » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:09 am

Admin wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:32 am
The zombie is the most recent kind of monster to have entered our cultural landscape, and there are reasons for that.

Zombies have become so popular that people like to disguise as them and go on zombie walks, and I guess now they've unconsciously taken it a step further with what's happening in the video in the Breitbart article above.

That's definitely a fascinating rabbit hole to go down to:

I guess they'll incorporate the zombie thing into whatever the hell this is (and they'll be doing it again in a month).

~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

User avatar
blackg
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 650
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:18 am
Reputation: 687

Re: Kavanaugh sexual assault claims

Post by blackg » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:25 am

Rudiger wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:09 am
I guess they'll incorporate the zombie thing into whatever the hell this is (and they'll be doing it again in a month).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOnTPyWuNIo
It sounds like some kind of cultural exorcism.

If we scream loud enough we can forget that our great grandfather's colonised and owned slaves.
I acknowledge the traditional owners of Australia and North America. Fred, go home!

User avatar
Hairblues
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 737
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:28 pm
Reputation: 1192
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Re: Kavanaugh sexual assault claims

Post by Hairblues » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:16 pm

Admin wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:03 am
https://www.breitbart.com/video/2018/10 ... -subhuman/

This is disturbing to watch. It's like those people get high on outrage and grievances. They look like they're part of a cult.

To me, to me, they inspire the absolute opposite of admiration. I just feel sorry for them in the same way I'd be raising an eybrow at the 2 year old toddler throwing a temper tantrum at the store.

Except here it's not because they can't get a piece of candy, but because reality never seem to become how they wish it was.
Have you actually studied American history in the past 100 years? I don’t get your fear of protest.

You missed the 60s in your history books maybe?
How about the AIDS backlash against gays and they were beaten and killed?
Abortion clinics? That’s not fun I went with a friend as a teen it was like a scene out of GOT.
They used to BOMB clinics and kill the doctors.
Wasn’t the liberals who did that.
Those were probably same people who are now driving their kids to soccer practice outraged over the violent left LOL.

You say you love this country and culture but protest disturbs you? I raise an eyebrow over that. Violent descent has always been a part of either side not getting their way.

Your posts it’s sounding like you need some smelling salts you got the vapors and clutching your pearls. (Like Lyndsey Graham)

User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1055
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 10:45 pm
Reputation: 2170
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil, Stemoxydine and Adenosin shampoo
- 1.5mm dermarolling 1x a week
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Kavanaugh sexual assault claims

Post by Admin » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:08 pm

Hairblues wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:16 pm
Have you actually studied American history in the past 100 years? I don’t get your fear of protest.

You missed the 60s in your history books maybe?
How about the AIDS backlash against gays and they were beaten and killed?
Abortion clinics? That’s not fun I went with a friend as a teen it was like a scene out of GOT.
They used to BOMB clinics and kill the doctors.
Wasn’t the liberals who did that.
Those were probably same people who are now driving their kids to soccer practice outraged over the violent left LOL.

You say you love this country and culture but protest disturbs you? I raise an eyebrow over that. Violent descent has always been a part of either side not getting their way.

Your posts it’s sounding like you need some smelling salts you got the vapors and clutching your pearls. (Like Lyndsey Graham)
Not all forms of protest are equal. For everything, there is a hierarchy. The best form in human history by far would be the following:

Image

And the worst well, the ones where people get hurt or killed by the protesting mob. The above in Breitbart's article is just above that in my opinion.

Again, I probably know more about US history than European history, that's just how it is, as you say, I love that country and culture, I'm just fascinated by it. But I look at it through my own lens, which remains individualistic rather than collectivist.

I always find it useful to look bring down behaviors and ideas that sound good (usually ideologies) to the level of the individual. To do this here, let's say that you have a boyfriend, he's good-looking, he's interesting, he's high-status, whatever, you love him. One day you catch him on TV exhibiting the behavior of the people shown in the Breitbart article: he screams, screeches at the camera, calls people subhumans, cries, scratches the doors of the Supreme Court. What do you think of the guy now? Personally, I'd run away as far as possible from a girl behaving like that.

Forget about whether they're conservative, liberal, brown, white, female, etc. This kind of behavior looks pathetic even for a 2 year old. That aside, I surely don't see many conservatives acting that way when democracy doesn't go their way. Sure I've seen the religious nutjobs scream "God hates you" at gay pride parades, but it's very rare to see them throw a raging tantrum like that.

You see one of your relatives engage in that to get your to do what they want, you'll just ignore them while feeling sorry for them if you have any sense. And I believe this is what we should do on a collective level here. And thank God it seems that we have.

Image
Hair transplants: 2000 graft (May 2014) and 2024 graft (January 2018) FUE's with Dr. De Reys for front and mid-scalp.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: nameless and 1 guest