Western values and identity politics

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
Post Reply
User avatar
blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2404
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 4443
Norwood: NW3.5
Regimen: Alcohol coping mechanism
Location: NSW, Australia

Western values and identity politics

#5296

Post by blackg » 2 years ago

JeanLucBB wrote: 2 years ago No idea what the guys calling him a "chad" are talking about, he's an effeminate, blatant queer and a twig.
How can you be so certain that this guy is homosexual? I won't use the offensive word that you used to describe him because this could be upsetting for younger lurkers reading this forum, especially if they are struggling with their own sexuality.

This offensive language belongs in another era where men were shamed for daring to find other men attractive.
It could also make a young guy reconsider coming out to his family and community at large. Fearing these archaic views are still part of modern, western society.
I really don't know why people ask for your advice sometimes.

Shame on you.
Me and my friends are like, double-whiskey-coke-no-ice.

User avatar
blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2404
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 4443
Norwood: NW3.5
Regimen: Alcohol coping mechanism
Location: NSW, Australia

Western values and identity politics

#5297

Post by blackg » 2 years ago

White Ferrari wrote: 2 years ago I'm with @JeanLucBB
You should reconsider this position as @JeanLucBB is on the wrong side of history.

He blows.
Me and my friends are like, double-whiskey-coke-no-ice.

User avatar
That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1454
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 2478
Norwood: NW2.5

Western values and identity politics

#5298

Post by That Guy » 2 years ago

blackg wrote: 2 years ago How can you be so certain that this guy is homosexual? I won't use the offensive word that you used to describe him because this could be upsetting for younger lurkers reading this forum, especially if they are struggling with their own sexuality.

This offensive language belongs in another era where men were shamed for daring to find other men attractive.
It could also make a young guy reconsider coming out to his family and community at large. Fearing these archaic views are still part of modern, western society.
I really don't know why people ask for your advice sometimes.

Shame on you.
You don't support "western society" dude

In fact, you're on the team that seeks to undermine and destroy it. You even use their language "the wrong side of history!" "offensive language!"

User avatar
blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2404
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 4443
Norwood: NW3.5
Regimen: Alcohol coping mechanism
Location: NSW, Australia

Western values and identity politics

#5299

Post by blackg » 2 years ago

That Guy wrote: 2 years ago You don't support "western society" dude

In fact, you're on the team that seeks to undermine and destroy it. You even use their language "the wrong side of history!" "offensive language!"
I'm not sure about this.
Me and my friends are like, double-whiskey-coke-no-ice.

Hanginginthewire
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Posts: 95
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 134
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Propecia

Western values and identity politics

#5300

Post by Hanginginthewire » 2 years ago

I noticed there was a surprising amount of anti-gay sentiment on HairLossTalk too. Surprised me.

But blackg pick your battles because this guy is an annoying faggot lol. No two ways about it lol.

User avatar
That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1454
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 2478
Norwood: NW2.5

Western values and identity politics

#5301

Post by That Guy » 2 years ago

Hanginginthewire wrote: 2 years ago I noticed there was a surprising amount of anti-gay sentiment on HairLossTalk too. Surprised me.

But blackg pick your battles because this guy is an annoying faggot lol. No two ways about it lol.
You are in no position to call anyone else "an annoying faggot"

User avatar
blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2404
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 4443
Norwood: NW3.5
Regimen: Alcohol coping mechanism
Location: NSW, Australia

Western values and identity politics

#5302

Post by blackg » 2 years ago

That Guy wrote: 2 years ago You are in no position to call anyone else "an annoying faggot"
This is true, That Guy. And you are in no position to claim that I don't support Western ideals.
Me and my friends are like, double-whiskey-coke-no-ice.

User avatar
That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1454
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 2478
Norwood: NW2.5

Western values and identity politics

#5303

Post by That Guy » 2 years ago

blackg wrote: 2 years ago This is true, That Guy. And you are in no position to claim that I don't support Western ideals.
But I am, because I think that demonstrably you're wrong and it's clear we disagree on most things, politically.

Western Ideals are ultimately about standards. We have high moral, artistic, and cultural standards. You don't like standards; as evidenced by your "what is wrong with being mediocre?" stance and "big women are beautiful too" despite these being, by definition, a lower standard. Democracy, capitalism and social mobility, free thought and speech, the first human rights activism and animal welfare laws, the scientific method, and perhaps most relevant: Individualism, are cornerstones of western civilization.

As I recall, you are sympathetic to Islam: An ideology fundamentally opposed to all of the things I just named. The left sympathizes with them because they too hate these standards.

You also are mad about language you deem offensive — *which I'll get to more in a minute — and state that it belongs in an "archaic" age, which I suspect you say as a snarl word because you have bought the lie that traditionalism, or the past in general, were inherently home to worse ideas. Well, in the literal archaic ages of western society, homosexuality was (conditionally) tolerated. Especially in ancient Greece, which is the crucible of Western Civilization. So...what do you have against it?

I have a strong inclination, given many past interactions with you, that you probably support a number of the following:

• Multiculturalism
• "Body Positivity"
• No Child Left Behind
• *Mandated use of politically-correct terminology
• The EU's present policy regarding "Refugees"
• Affirmative action
• The UN (whose present High Commissioner of Human Rights is socialist and literal graduate from Karl Marx university)
• Abortion in the form of "The Right To Choose"
• I suspect you don't have a problem with BBC depicting black romans as a normal occurrence in documentaries, or Netflix revising Greek heroes to be sub-saharan Africans
• Believe that "traditional marriage" and "the family unit" are outdated concepts
• Believe that your country and culture are no superior to anyone else
• Believe that traditional gender roles have no place in modern society, specifically that women should not inherently aspire to be mothers.
• Believe that healthcare, education, etc. should generally be the responsibility of the state and not private companies and individuals.
• Believe that meritocracy can be sacrificed to increase representation of minority groups.
• Are opposed to gentrification and believe that Africa would be better off if the British Empire never landed there.
• Support "open borders"

I could go on. But if you answered "Yes" to these concepts, then you definitely aren't that pro-western. Why? Because these things directly oppose the cornerstones I mentioned. They also discourage one to look after their own people and country's best interests, have objectively resulted in a declined, unsustainable birthrate among ethnic Europeans (no western culture to continue if there aren't any western people left) across the board, and are seeing architecture, cuisine, and traditions (no more Christmas concerts at most schools around here anymore) native and symbolic to the west, disappear.

User avatar
blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2404
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 4443
Norwood: NW3.5
Regimen: Alcohol coping mechanism
Location: NSW, Australia

Western values and identity politics

#5304

Post by blackg » 2 years ago

That Guy wrote: 2 years ago But I am, because I think that demonstrably you're wrong and it's clear we disagree on most things, politically.

Western Ideals are ultimately about standards. We have high moral, artistic, and cultural standards. You don't like standards; as evidenced by your "what is wrong with being mediocre?" stance and "big women are beautiful too" despite these being, by definition, a lower standard. Democracy, capitalism and social mobility, free thought and speech, the first human rights activism and animal welfare laws, the scientific method, and perhaps most relevant: Individualism, are cornerstones of western civilization.

As I recall, you are sympathetic to Islam: An ideology fundamentally opposed to all of the things I just named. The left sympathizes with them because they too hate these standards.

You also are mad about language you deem offensive — *which I'll get to more in a minute — and state that it belongs in an "archaic" age, which I suspect you say as a snarl word because you have bought the lie that traditionalism, or the past in general, were inherently home to worse ideas. Well, in the literal archaic ages of western society, homosexuality was (conditionally) tolerated. Especially in ancient Greece, which is the crucible of Western Civilization. So...what do you have against it?

I have a strong inclination, given many past interactions with you, that you probably support a number of the following:

• Multiculturalism
• "Body Positivity"
• No Child Left Behind
• *Mandated use of politically-correct terminology
• The EU's present policy regarding "Refugees"
• Affirmative action
• The UN (whose present High Commissioner of Human Rights is socialist and literal graduate from Karl Marx university)
• Abortion in the form of "The Right To Choose"
• I suspect you don't have a problem with BBC depicting black romans as a normal occurrence in documentaries, or Netflix revising Greek heroes to be sub-saharan Africans
• Believe that "traditional marriage" and "the family unit" are outdated concepts
• Believe that your country and culture are no superior to anyone else
• Believe that traditional gender roles have no place in modern society, specifically that women should not inherently aspire to be mothers.
• Believe that healthcare, education, etc. should generally be the responsibility of the state and not private companies and individuals.
• Believe that meritocracy can be sacrificed to increase representation of minority groups.
• Are opposed to gentrification and believe that Africa would be better off if the British Empire never landed there.
• Support "open borders"

I could go on. But if you answered "Yes" to these concepts, then you definitely aren't that pro-western. Why? Because these things directly oppose the cornerstones I mentioned. They also discourage one to look after their own people and country's best interests, have objectively resulted in a declined, unsustainable birthrate among ethnic Europeans (no western culture to continue if there aren't any western people left) across the board, and are seeing architecture, cuisine, and traditions (no more Christmas concerts at most schools around here anymore) native and symbolic to the west, disappear.
You have just compiled a list of things that you are anxious about and have somehow allocated them to me.
I would struggle to subscribe to half of those philosophies.
Last edited by blackg 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Me and my friends are like, double-whiskey-coke-no-ice.

User avatar
That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1454
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 2478
Norwood: NW2.5

Western values and identity politics

#5305

Post by That Guy » 2 years ago

blackg wrote: 2 years ago You have just compiled a list of all the things you are anxious about and have somehow allocated all them to me.
I would struggle to subscribe to half of those philosophies.
But you don't struggle to the other half?

So my point stands.

User avatar
blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2404
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 4443
Norwood: NW3.5
Regimen: Alcohol coping mechanism
Location: NSW, Australia

Western values and identity politics

#5306

Post by blackg » 2 years ago

That Guy wrote: 2 years ago But you don't struggle to the other half?

So my point stands.
I will re-read it and then get back to you with a point-by-point dissection.
Me and my friends are like, double-whiskey-coke-no-ice.

User avatar
JLBB
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1026
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 2063
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Western values and identity politics

#5309

Post by JLBB » 2 years ago

blackg wrote: 2 years ago You should reconsider this position as @JeanLucBB is on the wrong side of history.
He blows.
Using "blows" as an insult is derogatory towards homo people you straight, old, white cis male piece of fucking shit.

User avatar
JLBB
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1026
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 2063
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Western values and identity politics

#5310

Post by JLBB » 2 years ago

blackg wrote: 2 years ago You have just compiled a list of things that you are anxious about and have somehow allocated all them to me.
I would struggle to subscribe to half of those philosophies.
Of course you may struggle right now to subscribe to half of these philosophies, but the moment you saw him attack them you would be the first one providing absolute support and dedication to the to be honest.

User avatar
blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2404
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 4443
Norwood: NW3.5
Regimen: Alcohol coping mechanism
Location: NSW, Australia

Western values and identity politics

#5311

Post by blackg » 2 years ago

JeanLucBB wrote: 2 years ago Of course you may struggle right now to subscribe to half of these philosophies, but the moment you saw him attack them you would be the first one providing absolute support and dedication to the to be honest.
You don't know me as well as you think you do. This is a common mistake made by people online who think they "know" a fellow user.

Now.... Don't blow me.
Me and my friends are like, double-whiskey-coke-no-ice.

User avatar
yettee
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 666
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 1952
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Minoxidil

Western values and identity politics

#5312

Post by yettee » 2 years ago

a major component of being "pro-western", most would agree, is allowing for a difference of opinion and welcoming a healthy debate on issues such as universal health care, affirmative action and abortion. it could be argued that saying that someone isnt pro-western for having opinions that differ from yours is itself an anti-western act. i say this with peace and love.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post