blackg wrote: ↑2 years ago
This is true, That Guy. And you are in no position to claim that I don't support Western ideals.
But I am, because I think that demonstrably you're wrong and it's clear we disagree on most things, politically.
Western Ideals are ultimately about standards. We have high moral, artistic, and cultural standards. You don't like standards; as evidenced by your "what is wrong with being mediocre?" stance and "big women are beautiful too" despite these being, by definition, a lower standard. Democracy, capitalism and social mobility, free thought and speech, the first human rights activism and animal welfare laws, the scientific method, and perhaps most relevant: Individualism, are cornerstones of western civilization.
As I recall, you are sympathetic to Islam: An ideology fundamentally opposed to all of the things I just named. The left sympathizes with them because they too hate these standards.
You also are mad about language you deem offensive — *which I'll get to more in a minute — and state that it belongs in an "archaic" age, which I suspect you say as a snarl word because you have bought the lie that traditionalism, or the past in general, were inherently home to worse ideas. Well, in the literal archaic ages of western society, homosexuality was (conditionally) tolerated. Especially in ancient Greece, which is the crucible of Western Civilization. So...what do you have against it?
I have a strong inclination, given many past interactions with you, that you probably support a number of the following:
• "Body Positivity"
• No Child Left Behind
• *Mandated use of politically-correct terminology
• The EU's present policy regarding "Refugees"
• Affirmative action
• The UN (whose present High Commissioner of Human Rights is socialist and literal graduate from Karl Marx university)
• Abortion in the form of "The Right To Choose"
• I suspect you don't have a problem with BBC depicting black romans as a normal occurrence in documentaries, or Netflix revising Greek heroes to be sub-saharan Africans
• Believe that "traditional marriage" and "the family unit" are outdated concepts
• Believe that your country and culture are no superior to anyone else
• Believe that traditional gender roles have no place in modern society, specifically that women should not inherently aspire to be mothers.
• Believe that healthcare, education, etc. should generally be the responsibility of the state and not private companies and individuals.
• Believe that meritocracy can be sacrificed to increase representation of minority groups.
• Are opposed to gentrification and believe that Africa would be better off if the British Empire never landed there.
• Support "open borders"
I could go on. But if you answered "Yes" to these concepts, then you definitely aren't that pro-western. Why? Because these things directly oppose the cornerstones I mentioned. They also discourage one to look after their own people and country's best interests, have objectively resulted in a declined, unsustainable birthrate among ethnic Europeans (no western culture to continue if there aren't any western people left) across the board, and are seeing architecture, cuisine, and traditions (no more Christmas concerts at most schools around here anymore) native and symbolic to the west, disappear.