Film and television discussion thread

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
Guest-1
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Norwood: NW3
Regimen: none

Re: Film and television discussion thread

Post by Guest-1 » 3 weeks ago

pjhair wrote:
3 weeks ago
Welcome Pas!! You have been missed :D :D

Thanks PJ :) hope you are well

Hairblues
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Post by Hairblues » 2 weeks ago

I was reminded of this really striking movie i watched in early 90s. It left such an impression on me even all these years later since I’ve seen it. I’m curious how it stands the test of time to younger viewers.

Has anyone watched this?
Attachments
0ECD24C5-0C59-4DB3-9D76-AD50E2B1FC6D.jpeg
0ECD24C5-0C59-4DB3-9D76-AD50E2B1FC6D.jpeg (96.22 KiB) Viewed 182 times

JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Post by JLBB » 2 weeks ago

Hairblues wrote:
2 weeks ago
I was reminded of this really striking movie i watched in early 90s. It left such an impression on me even all these years later since I’ve seen it. I’m curious how it stands the test of time to younger viewers.

Has anyone watched this?
This was one of my favourite films when I was like 15. Watched a few scenes after you mentioned it and not sure I'd relate to it in the same way anymore, I might see meandering emptiness where before I saw depth. The dialogue and particularly its rhythm and the editing still stunning though.

I think I prefer Secrets and Lies as my favourite Mike Leigh film. Would be nice to watch both of these in a cinema again.

Hairblues
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Post by Hairblues » 2 weeks ago

JLBB wrote:
2 weeks ago
This was one of my favourite films when I was like 15. Watched a few scenes after you mentioned it and not sure I'd relate to it in the same way anymore, I might see meandering emptiness where before I saw depth. The dialogue and particularly its rhythm and the editing still stunning though.

I think I prefer Secrets and Lies as my favourite Mike Leigh film. Would be nice to watch both of these in a cinema again.
I never saw that one I will check it out. I do recall it but just never saw it for some reason.

Guest-1
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Norwood: NW3
Regimen: none

Post by Guest-1 » 2 weeks ago

Hairblues wrote:
2 weeks ago

Has anyone watched this?
I never saw this movie Hairblues, but I think this guy is the actor in the last season of Fargo, and he is brilliant in it!
Fargo is a good show. I liked the movie, so I was afraid the show was going to be a disappointment, but it was not.