Film and television discussion thread

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
Post Reply
C4L
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 286
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 587
Norwood: NW7
Regimen: none
Location: India
Age: 40

Film and television discussion thread

#14784

Post by C4L » 1 year ago

Sons of a whore who wrote Game of Thrones season 8 script.
Russians must save Europe from the racist liberal elite.

Guest-2
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1189
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 2523
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Film and television discussion thread

#14786

Post by Guest-2 » 1 year ago

Westworld this season looks awesome (bitch)

User avatar
rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1426
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 2076
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1mg topical, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Film and television discussion thread

#14787

Post by rclark » 1 year ago

The show writers started working on Star Wars in 2018, which explains why this
season was rushed and lacked logic.
Spoiler
The finale lacked logic. A group of people who were facists became peaceful followers.

That finale sucked so bad. Tyrion got off easy (how do I do the spoiler tag?), although I like
his character.
Last edited by rclark 1 year ago, edited 2 times in total.
Celebrating June, which is United States LGBT Pride month.

User avatar
kj6723
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 382
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 895
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: dutasteride, minoxidil, nizoral

Film and television discussion thread

#14788

Post by kj6723 » 1 year ago

C4L wrote:
1 year ago
Sons of a whore who wrote Game of Thrones season 8 script.
That was pretty bad :straight-smile:

Guest-3
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 792
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 2465

Film and television discussion thread

#14790

Post by Guest-3 » 1 year ago

That Guy wrote:
1 year ago
400,000 virulent anti-semites, you mean. How dare you criticize that incredible team of writers? Like, there is no other reason why you'd criticize the writing, full of miscegenation, incest, diverse armies, genocides that happen for no reason at all, climate-change zombies and gay eunuchs other than because you hate God's chosen people.

Image

Fucking bigots, the lot of you.
People are not happy with season 8 because of bad writing, not because of portrayal of incest, genocides, etc. Season 1 to 5 had portrayed those things as well and were highly acclaimed. Additionally, things like incest aren't even glorified in the show. In fact, it's looked down upon. For example, Lannisters who engage in these things have been portrayed as villains.
Trump 2020

User avatar
JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 959
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1978
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Film and television discussion thread

#14793

Post by JLBB » 1 year ago

blackg wrote:
1 year ago
How people can get so worked up about a stupid TV show is beyond me.
True Western privilege at play here.
I went to have sex with some 40 year old at 5 am today, I get there and everything is going well but then election news comes on the TV and she's like who did you vote for? I knew that Labor was the correct answer, anyway I sat there for a second and realised I couldn't say it convincingly so just admitted libs (actually I voted for Palmer). Anyway she said she didn't want to sleep with a guy who would support Scott Morrison so I just awkwardly left.

Who did you vote for?

User avatar
That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1385
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 2434
Norwood: NW2.5

Film and television discussion thread

#14794

Post by That Guy » 1 year ago

pjhair wrote:
1 year ago
People are not happy with season 8 because of bad writing, not because of portrayal of incest, genocides, etc. Season 1 to 5 had portrayed those things as well and were highly acclaimed. Additionally, things like incest aren't even glorified in the show. In fact, it's looked down upon. For example, Lannisters who engage in these things have been portrayed as villains.
Cool

Nobody said they were unhappy because of the incest and other jewish propaganda.

User avatar
blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2175
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 4034

Film and television discussion thread

#14795

Post by blackg » 1 year ago

JLBB wrote:
1 year ago
I went to have sex with some 40 year old at 5 am today, I get there and everything is going well but then election news comes on the TV and she's like who did you vote for? I knew that Labor was the correct answer, anyway I sat there for a second and realised I couldn't say it convincingly so just admitted libs (actually I voted for Palmer). Anyway she said she didn't want to sleep with a guy who would support Scott Morrison so I just awkwardly left.

Who did you vote for?
Palmer in the lower house (United Australia Party) and Greens in the upper house.

I didn't get sex either.
VIVA LAS VEGAS!

User avatar
rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1426
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 2076
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1mg topical, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Film and television discussion thread

#14796

Post by rclark » 1 year ago

blackg wrote:
1 year ago
How people can get so worked up about a stupid TV show is beyond me.
True Western privilege at play here.
Yeah, can believe they took the time to sign a petition to rewrite the whole season?

Unbelievable.
Celebrating June, which is United States LGBT Pride month.

User avatar
JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 959
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1978
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Film and television discussion thread

#14802

Post by JLBB » 1 year ago

blackg wrote:
1 year ago
Palmer in the lower house (United Australia Party) and Greens in the upper house.

I didn't get sex either.
Why the fuck greens? Open borders , crippling industry and reverting back to the Stone Age?

User avatar
Xexos
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 655
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 801
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: White women
Age: 20

Film and television discussion thread

#14804

Post by Xexos » 1 year ago

Redditors are literally suicidal because Game of Thrones season 8 was bad:



LOL
You're a shit tier dumb poster - earth is flat etc. Reminds me of the clueless aunt, uncle John was good, the kids always loved him, this is a shock to us. -Wolf Nutsack, 2020

User avatar
Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Posts: 2021
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 5139
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, Nizoral shampoo, hope.
Location: Belgium
Age: 30
Contact:

Film and television discussion thread

#14805

Post by Admin » 1 year ago

Xexos wrote:
1 year ago
Redditors are literally suicidal because Game of Thrones season 8 was bad:



LOL
It's not bad actually, the worst you could say about it is that is is rushed but we could all foresee this given the small number of episode.

The problem is that Game of Thrones lets its characters roam free, there is no overarching structure or grand narratives woven into the story and those you inevitably manage to discern are accidental, they only exist because there is no way out of reality and well, the show is depicting quite a realistic portrait of human nature.

An ending would give the story a meaning and fat soyboy atheist George R.R. Martin does not want that, which is why the books will never have an ending. It's all groups of people competing for muh power bruh.

Most hardcore Game of Thrones hardcore fans agree with this view, and since they feel endings are all arbitrary, they all feel entitled to their own ending and would have thrown a temper tantrum no matter the writers' choices.

Now what you see is the expression of our nihilistic and narcissistic culture, which instead of following a proper religion are worshipping a TV show, to them their narrative should be the narrative of the show, the most common and pervasive one being: "Daenerys was the feminist social justice savior of humanity!". They projected onto her what they wanted to see, ignoring that she had been portrayed as a tyrant from like the beginning of the show.
:christian-cross:

User avatar
Xexos
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 655
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 801
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: White women
Age: 20

Film and television discussion thread

#14806

Post by Xexos » 1 year ago

Admin wrote:
1 year ago
It's not bad actually, the worst you could say about it is that is is rushed but we could all foresee this given the small number of episode.

The problem is that Game of Thrones lets its characters roam free, there is no overarching structure or grand narratives woven into the story and those you inevitably manage to discern are accidental, they only exist because there is no way out of reality and well, the show is depicting quite a realistic portrait of human nature.
I mean...

Image
Admin wrote:
1 year ago
An ending would give the story a meaning and fat soyboy atheist George R.R. Martin does not want that, which is why the books will never have an ending. It's all groups of people competing for muh power bruh.

Most hardcore Game of Thrones hardcore fans agree with this view, and since they feel endings are all arbitrary, they all feel entitled to their own ending and would have thrown a temper tantrum no matter the writers' choices.
Don't the books have ending though ? I heard the problem was mainly because of the writers of the show, not because of the story or the books.
Admin wrote:
1 year ago
Now what you see is the expression of our nihilistic and narcissistic culture, which instead of following a proper religion are worshipping a TV show, to them their narrative should be the narrative of the show, the most common and pervasive one being: "Daenerys was the feminist social justice savior of humanity!". They projected onto her what they wanted to see, ignoring that she had been portrayed as a tyrant from like the beginning of the show.
I agree, people nowadays have different things that they worship to fill the hole of God in their hearts and to cope with their lack of spirituality. That's why depression nowadays is very common and nihilism is the most popular ideology of most people, you just can't live a meaningless and empty life and be happy.
You're a shit tier dumb poster - earth is flat etc. Reminds me of the clueless aunt, uncle John was good, the kids always loved him, this is a shock to us. -Wolf Nutsack, 2020

User avatar
Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Posts: 2021
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 5139
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, Nizoral shampoo, hope.
Location: Belgium
Age: 30
Contact:

Film and television discussion thread

#14807

Post by Admin » 1 year ago

Xexos wrote:
1 year ago
Don't the books have ending though ? I heard the problem was mainly because of the writers of the show, not because of the story or the books.
No, George R.R. Martin has been saying he's writing the sequel for years now.

My mom read the books and was pissed that there was no ending.

There will be a sequel but never a meaningful ending, it will be something like "and then everyone died", which would not be a proper story.

But the neckbeard fans would be like:

Image

And then the whole thing would sink into oblivion quickly after, which is what inevitably happens to meaningless stories.

I heard the Wachowski brothers (it's sisters you transphobe! :npc: ) tried to pull this shit in the last Matrix movie (something like 'evil wins'), yep, it's really a mystery why most people pretend that the sequels don't exist. But at least that neckbeard at my school got to blow a load over how edgy he thought it was.
:christian-cross:

Guest-2
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1189
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 2523
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Film and television discussion thread

#14808

Post by Guest-2 » 1 year ago

The ending was bad on so many levels that had little to do with how or where the characters ended up.

I mean there were situations that really broke from human nature and one scene that was supposed to be pivotal to how things shake out, bordered on comical but not on a good way.

How the characters ended up seemed mostly obvious from earlier on if you followed whole show.
Spoiler
so Dany got what she wanted she got the throne but couldn’t keep it. The dragons reaction, torching the throne and not Jon, was ridiculous. If he was that evolved wouldn’t he have stopped his mom from destroying innocent children? Jon and Tyrian being held for months without Grey worm slitting their throats was unbelievable. Bran being made king also seemed super random to me especially with Jon still being alive. Jon’s end was what he wanted deep down to go live with the free folk as was Sana’a who always dreamt of being a queen. Arya too always has that wild wanderer in her. And Tyrian needed to be a man or value outside of drinking and sex...so they each (other than Dany) actually had happy endings. But the season as a whole was not up to the previous seasons. It lost its nuanced character development that made the show unique. It lost its teeth.
Added in 22 minutes 25 seconds:
Admin wrote:
1 year ago
It's not bad actually, the worst you could say about it is that is is rushed but we could all foresee this given the small number of episode.

The problem is that Game of Thrones lets its characters roam free, there is no overarching structure or grand narratives woven into the story and those you inevitably manage to discern are accidental, they only exist because there is no way out of reality and well, the show is depicting quite a realistic portrait of human nature.

An ending would give the story a meaning and fat soyboy atheist George R.R. Martin does not want that, which is why the books will never have an ending. It's all groups of people competing for muh power bruh.

Most hardcore Game of Thrones hardcore fans agree with this view, and since they feel endings are all arbitrary, they all feel entitled to their own ending and would have thrown a temper tantrum no matter the writers' choices.

Now what you see is the expression of our nihilistic and narcissistic culture, which instead of following a proper religion are worshipping a TV show, to them their narrative should be the narrative of the show, the most common and pervasive one being: "Daenerys was the feminist social justice savior of humanity!". They projected onto her what they wanted to see, ignoring that she had been portrayed as a tyrant from like the beginning of the show.
I disagree with lack of religion and worshiping a tv show. During times of high worship people used to toss rotten vegetables at performers during plays or operas they didn’t care for. During the early days of talking pictures people would spend the whole day in the theater and see the same film repeatedly over several months. These were still people who were worshiping god.
People are controlling and what what they want represented in their viewing. It’s something artists always had to contend with, viewers expectations.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post