Film and television discussion thread

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
blackg
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Re: Film and television discussion thread

Post by blackg » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:34 pm

Hairblues wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:29 pm
So you’re a groupie.
I don't need a piece of paper from some bureaucrat to tell me where my loyalties lay.
I know what's in my heart.

God bless America..... and Australia.
Stop the caravans!

Hairblues
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Post by Hairblues » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:19 pm

blackg wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:34 pm
I don't need a piece of paper from some bureaucrat to tell me where my loyalties lay.
I know what's in my heart.

God bless America..... and Australia.
The definition of patriotism is very much about your country. If your not born here or a citizen than your not patriotic. You’re something else. in my opinion a groupie. You like the idea of America. The surface shit. Not the core.

I saw a Trump supporter I know really well disgusted with The bent knee stuff make a big stink about the fallen soldiers.
I thought to myself how ironic.
Trump whose mocked skipping Vietnam as not getting an STD. A draft dodger because he has ‘bone spurs’, someone who mocked not just McCain but ALL the POW hero’s. HIM they have no problem with as a proud patriot? But some players bending a knee WHICH from what I understand a military person is the one who told him to do so that it wasn’t considered disrespectful.
Don’t get me wrong I don’t care if someone supports trump policies BUT the selective outrage over the fallen soldiers is again, indeed fake outrage, to me.

Hairblues
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by Hairblues » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:38 pm

JasonStatham wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:05 am
Can you date a normal guy now? Can a woman be happy after dating a pro hockey player and a ripped boxer with a normal guy or you need to date up more? Serious question.
No. But I’m not a fame/status whore. Fame doesn’t impress me (I mean unless you’re Bowie level) and these men were not famous.

I’m if anything a creative/talent whore lol. I’m kidding but I do have a weakness for clever and talented men with drive and ambition.

If you mean looks. I’m not picky that men need to look like pro athletes. That would be a ridiculous standard if so. If you fucked a few models that doesn’t mean every woman needs to look like a model to turn you on.
I tend to like manly/sexy men who are at least not fat.

I do well. I have no trouble dating men I find sexy and interesting who feel same about me.

What I do have problems with is being in relationships long term that feels balanced and happy. I like to have a lot of alone time. I get too claustrophobic but if I feel too much distance I get insecure.
Which can be annoying to the other person.
I appear super confident to people but deep down I can be insecure and I need a lot of reassurance which I don’t voice because I’m scared they will think I’m weak or insecure. I hate vulnerability so I push it down and put up walls. I think I’m learning this more but I don’t know if I can change it.
I unintentionally give mixed messages. (Relationships not dating—dating I’m polite but super clear if I’m attracted/not attracted)
I’m also a little complex with some kinks. (TMI sorry but it’s hard to match some kinks up @JeanLucBB knows the kink struggle is real)

blackg
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by blackg » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:41 am

Hairblues wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:19 pm
The definition of patriotism is very much about your country. If your not born here or a citizen than your not patriotic. You’re something else. in my opinion a groupie. You like the idea of America. The surface shit. Not the core.
Oh no, it's core U.S. values I like very much. Fundamentally the United States constitution and its "power to the people" ethos is one of mankind's greatest achievements. Worth dying for.

My heart tells me to get on board and you can't tell me otherwise.
Also.. stop talking trash about our president.
Stop the caravans!

Hairblues
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by Hairblues » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:05 pm

blackg wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:41 am
Oh no, it's core U.S. values I like very much. Fundamentally the United States constitution and its "power to the people" ethos is one of mankind's greatest achievements. Worth dying for.

My heart tells me to get on board and you can't tell me otherwise.
Also.. stop talking trash about our president.
There are some things about Trump I have no beef with.
I also DO think the media blows its load on everything which is not good and I think can and does actually backfire
However I fundamentally feel he is more suited to a monarch then a democratic society. I think he demonstrates this by his many tweets. For instance he seems to believe from his tweets that the DOJ should be going after his political enemies and give a pass to his political allies.
That’s not American values I grew up with.

Someone mentioned modern films being anti American in past few decades
It’s funny but that was always the opinion of people who Lean right within their time period.
A lot of films and writers and political active actors and directors and the ‘jewish’ studio heads have always pissed off the politicians and supporters on the ‘right. (Right vs left has changed over the years so I’m talking the values more than a particular party affiliation)
Look back at the films
Meet John Doe
Me smith goes to Washington
Look back any Bogie ans Bacall and many others who were politically active
Look back at the Christian movement that were the cause of moral censorship..I can’t recall the film but it was with a very young Bette Davis and they talked about her getting a back ally abortion. This was before censors. The film Cleopatra by Cecil B Demille has scenes that were very ‘BDSM’ inspired. Clara Bow films and even a very young Joan Crawford (silent films) were pretty risqué.

Than you have all the writers actors and directors who were subjected to blacklisting.

You had Sinatra and the like who were very politically active

Marking Brando very early got involved with civil rights.

Many studio heads were Jewish. At that time period that must have made the Mayflower wealthy wasps insane.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Afro_Vacancy » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:50 pm

@Hairblues do you know any people with a lot of experience at CBS and connections to Les Moonves? What's your reaction to the spiraling allegations against him? Have you read Linda Thomason's article?

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Afro_Vacancy » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:54 pm

Hairblues wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:32 pm
First off I used to date a Jet and trust me, he was no multi millionaire. I also dated a pro hokey player same shit and a boxer. None of them multi millionaires.
Most actors also are not multi millionaires

But regardless
Someone’s celebrity status and financial background shouldn’t dictate if they have something to say politically.
You don’t stop having an opinion about politics and the world because your famous or wealthy.

Now I would imagine that they feel a responsibility to the communities they cane out of due to their blessed lives to say something. I don’t know, to me that’s kind of admirable. Like they didn’t forget where they came from.

Another point is pro athletes over the years have been picked up and pulled over. There was one a few months ago. So they didn’t stop being black because they have money.

As far as the NFL and the patriotism it’s ‘fake’ it’s marketing bullshit. So I don’t know why it’s relevant.

The principle is when liberals boycott republicans lose their minds (laura Ingram bill oreilley)
When alt right boycott its ‘patriotism’

What it is, is hypocrisy.
Did you date an Islander, a Devil, or a Ranger?

Hairblues
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by Hairblues » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:48 pm

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:54 pm
Did you date an Islander, a Devil, or a Ranger?
No I don’t want to say the team it’s a little embarrassing lol.

That Guy
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW2.5

Post by That Guy » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:25 am

Hairblues wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:19 pm
Western values.

As much as America would like to deny it, Canada, the USA, Australia, all of the commonwealth...are still, in their heart of hearts, European colonies. They still practice, except for the subverted bastards permeating politics today, ideals taken from Greek philosophy, Roman law, and Christian ethics. All of which are fundamental to western civilization, unique to it, and generally shared among ethnic europeans.

I agree that you cannot be a patriot for a country you weren't born in or are a citizen of.

But the idea that the "core" of America is completely inseparable from the rest of the west, and that someone from another western civilization cannot like that core, I would say is false; if that's what you're getting at.

The real issue is that BlackG doesn't generally voice a lot of pro-western ideas.

Hairblues
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by Hairblues » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:53 am

That Guy wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:25 am
Western values.

As much as America would like to deny it, Canada, the USA, Australia, all of the commonwealth...are still, in their heart of hearts, European colonies. They still practice, except for the subverted bastards permeating politics today, ideals taken from Greek philosophy, Roman law, and Christian ethics. All of which are fundamental to western civilization, unique to it, and generally shared among ethnic europeans.

I agree that you cannot be a patriot for a country you weren't born in or are a citizen of.

But the idea that the "core" of America is completely inseparable from the rest of the west, and that someone from another western civilization cannot like that core, I would say is false; if that's what you're getting at.

The real issue is that BlackG doesn't generally voice a lot of pro-western ideas.

Yeah I agree except in context to him specifically he likes the surface shit.

blackg
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by blackg » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:10 am

That Guy wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:25 am
Western values.

Thanks, kind of.
I agree mostly with what you say about the brotherhood of European nations.

Now look, the ideas I promote could be argued are the epitome of Western thought.
That being; they are forward thinking and pluralist in every sense of the word. Enlightened.
Stop the caravans!

Uncle Grandfather
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW3
Regimen: 5% Minoxidil, 1 mg Finasteride, Nizoral

Post by Uncle Grandfather » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:45 am

Hairblues wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:32 pm
First off I used to date a Jet and trust me, he was no multi millionaire. I also dated a pro hokey player same shit and a boxer. None of them multi millionaires.
Most actors also are not multi millionaires

But regardless
Someone’s celebrity status and financial background shouldn’t dictate if they have something to say politically.
You don’t stop having an opinion about politics and the world because your famous or wealthy.

Now I would imagine that they feel a responsibility to the communities they cane out of due to their blessed lives to say something. I don’t know, to me that’s kind of admirable. Like they didn’t forget where they came from.

Another point is pro athletes over the years have been picked up and pulled over. There was one a few months ago. So they didn’t stop being black because they have money.

As far as the NFL and the patriotism it’s ‘fake’ it’s marketing bullshit. So I don’t know why it’s relevant.

The principle is when liberals boycott republicans lose their minds (laura Ingram bill oreilley)
When alt right boycott its ‘patriotism’

What it is, is hypocrisy.
Most professional athletes are much more well off than the average person. That was my main point. Kind of surprising to hear about the hockey player, but not that surprising about the boxer. Still, my point stands.

Someone's status definitely does affect their credibility. They can't relate to the struggles of everyday people, among other similar things. I'm not saying they shouldn't be allowed to voice their opinions, but I really can't take a rich person tackling "social issues" seriously when they live such pampered lives. I'd really like to see you say the same thing if the majority of celebrities & athletes were conservative, speaking in favor of strong borders, etc. (by the way, I'd still take their opinions just as seriously, which is to say not at all).

Can you give some examples of pro athletes being pulled over? Was it just because they were black, or were they actually disobeying the law (blacks are capable of committing crime, you know).

I know it's marketing bullshit. My point was that's the image they've painted for themselves, so it seems counterproductive to allow the kneeling.

Can you give some examples of Republicans "losing their minds" at liberal boycotts, other than the NFL kneeling? I sincerely doubt it's even remotely the same caliber as when a conservative gets "exposed" on social media. Or angry lefties burning down a college campus & causing millions in property damage.
Hairblues wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:35 pm
You can google their perspective on social injustice. I’m not debating it with you. I’m sure you have all the arguments in the world against it. I’m not really interested in that debate with you. Same as I’m not interested in debates on climate change with people who don’t believe in them. Nothing I say is going to convince you and it would be an annoying waste of my time and yours.
Look, you seem like a sincere person and the truth is I would rather not argue with you. However, you can't throw out terms like "social injustice" and not provide any examples.

By the way, I firmly believe in climate change.
Good sense, innocence, cripplin' mankind

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil, Stemoxydine and Adenosin shampoo
- 1.5mm dermarolling every 10 days

Post by Admin » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:13 am

Uncle Grandfather wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:45 am
However, you can't throw out terms like "social injustice" and not provide any examples.
They never define it on the left and it's a term you can play around with indefinitely.

It basically means that life is unfair because some people have more than others in some areas.

So yeah, they can take any characteristic and say "well look, some people are fitter than others, that's thin privilege, we need to fight that!"

Any advantage you have can be weighted and will potentially translate in increased social status and ultimately money.

I'm tall so in theory (and it will remain theory for me :p), I make 10% more money than shorter men.

So one day, since they haven't used that one yet (but don't worry, it's coming), they will say: "well it's not fair, why should those guys earn more just because they're taller! SOCIAL INJUSTICE!"

So this expression "social justice" can mean anything, and it's basically used to shame those who do better in life, and it's really almost all about resentment, envy and jealousy, not always though and I'll come back to that later.

The social justice warriors types can go as far as telling you that you're doing well because you were fortunate enough to have loving parents and other people didn't, so they should get preferential treatment, or that Asians are naturally more gifted when it comes to IQ so they should put the bar higher for them (it has already been put into practice in American colleges, and they are currently suing the universities).

Sometimes resentment about not being able to make it (or make it easily) is justified. Some people were really unfortunate and found themselves having an average IQ, and if those people are for some reason expected by their parents to make it at university, they won't be able to, no matter how much they torture themselves.

And we also have a good example that floats around on hair loss forums: being short, bald, ugly or a combination of the three as a man. Then surprisingly, even the social justice warrior types will have no hesitation to tell those guys to suck it up and tell them that their disadvantages are all in their heads.

Those are extreme cases of course. But I know that the most intense resentment I've ever felt in my life were in moments that people were holding me to impossible standards given my personality make-up or genetic traits. Imagine someone telling you: "well I know why you lost your hair, you were not taking care of it properly and you didn't really want to keep it, that's why you went bald!"

You can get mad at that injustice, fair enough. But saying "I'm prone to anxiety so I need more time to complete my exams!" I'm sorry but, no.

These guys took it way too far:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/22073/be ... frank-camp
Hair transplants: 2000 graft (May 2014) and 2024 graft (January 2018) FUE's with Dr. De Reys for front and mid-scalp.

blackg
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by blackg » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:33 am

Admin wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:13 am
They never define it on the left and it's a term you can play around with indefinitely.

It basically means that life is unfair because some people have more than others in some areas.

So yeah, they can take any characteristic and say "well look, some people are fitter than others, that's thin privilege, we need to fight that!"

Any advantage you have can be weighted and will potentially translate in increased social status and ultimately money.

I'm tall so in theory (and it will remain theory for me :p), I make 10% more money than shorter men.

So one day, since they haven't used that one yet (but don't worry, it's coming), they will say: "well it's not fair, why should those guys earn more just because they're taller! SOCIAL INJUSTICE!"

So this expression "social justice" can mean anything, and it's basically used to shame those who do better in life, and it's really almost all about resentment, envy and jealousy, not always though and I'll come back to that later.

The social justice warriors types can go as far as telling you that you're doing well because you were fortunate enough to have loving parents and other people didn't, so they should get preferential treatment, or that Asians are naturally more gifted when it comes to IQ so they should put the bar higher for them (it has already been put into practice in American colleges, and they are currently suing the universities).

Sometimes resentment about not being able to make it (or make it easily) is justified. Some people were really unfortunate and found themselves having an average IQ, and if those people are for some reason expected by their parents to make it at university, they won't be able to, no matter how much they torture themselves.

And we also have a good example that floats around on hair loss forums: being short, bald, ugly or a combination of the three as a man. Then surprisingly, even the social justice warrior types will have no hesitation to tell those guys to suck it up and tell them that their disadvantages are all in their heads.

Those are extreme cases of course. But I know that the most intense resentment I've ever felt in my life were in moments that people were holding me to impossible standards given my personality make-up or genetic traits. Imagine someone telling you: "well I know why you lost your hair, you were not taking care of it properly and you didn't really want to keep it, that's why you went bald!"

You can get mad at that injustice, fair enough. But saying "I'm prone to anxiety so I need more time to complete my exams!" I'm sorry but, no.

These guys took it way too far:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/22073/be ... frank-camp
Good post but if I have one complaint it is when you briefly mention a situation and then post us the link.
This is yet another link I have to click onto, taking up precious time in my already hectic day.
Please just give a quick synopsis and leave it there.
Stop the caravans!

Hairblues
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by Hairblues » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:25 pm

Uncle Grandfather wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:45 am
Most professional athletes are much more well off than the average person. That was my main point. Kind of surprising to hear about the hockey player, but not that surprising about the boxer. Still, my point stands.

Someone's status definitely does affect their credibility. They can't relate to the struggles of everyday people, among other similar things. I'm not saying they shouldn't be allowed to voice their opinions, but I really can't take a rich person tackling "social issues" seriously when they live such pampered lives. I'd really like to see you say the same thing if the majority of celebrities & athletes were conservative, speaking in favor of strong borders, etc. (by the way, I'd still take their opinions just as seriously, which is to say not at all).

Can you give some examples of pro athletes being pulled over? Was it just because they were black, or were they actually disobeying the law (blacks are capable of committing crime, you know).

I know it's marketing bullshit. My point was that's the image they've painted for themselves, so it seems counterproductive to allow the kneeling.

Can you give some examples of Republicans "losing their minds" at liberal boycotts, other than the NFL kneeling? I sincerely doubt it's even remotely the same caliber as when a conservative gets "exposed" on social media. Or angry lefties burning down a college campus & causing millions in property damage.

Look, you seem like a sincere person and the truth is I would rather not argue with you. However, you can't throw out terms like "social injustice" and not provide any examples.

By the way, I firmly believe in climate change.
Yeah I’m not reading all this sorry. I skimmed it.

Quickly you have google it’s very simple to find these examples for yourself. I’m not lying or misleading you but it’s not a term paper that I have to convince you either. It’s public knowledge Look it up. If you can’t find it than oh well.

If you come from poverty and make money in a year or two, you still feel poor and can identify with the common man

And the common man seems to have no beef having a billionth realestate developer from Manhattan identify with them.
Last edited by Hairblues on Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.