Film and television discussion thread

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
Guest-4
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Guest-4 » 7 months ago

JLBB wrote: 7 months ago It sounds simple, but he was one of the few people that spoke in an inspired way about cinema and people he looked up to rather than name off people involved in the project or some social cause, which was every single other winner. The references sounded genuinely heartfelt and the directing category was stacked.

They were definitely clapping for his talent and the way he expressed himself without restraint. Even if they were embarrassed or shocked to some degree.
I was actually laughing at the fact that he had less to say about Phillips and Mendes.

So does everybody else who is not their wives, but it's still funny to see it in that context.

JLBB
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Post by JLBB » 7 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote: 7 months ago I was actually laughing at the fact that he had less to say about Phillips and Mendes.

So does everybody else who is not their wives, but it's still funny to see it in that context.
Totally, I was wondering while watching whether he’d mention them at all. Still, despite lack of filling the auteur label or having a substantive aesthetic Mendes has a very impressive filmography, and Phillips likely earned the nomination. I’m sure Phillips and Mendes would both understand regardless that they’re not in the same league.

Guest-4
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Guest-4 » 7 months ago

JLBB wrote: 7 months ago Totally, I was wondering while watching whether he’d mention them at all. Still, despite lack of filling the auteur label or having a substantive aesthetic Mendes has a very impressive filmography, and Phillips likely earned the nomination. I’m sure Phillips and Mendes would both understand regardless that they’re not in the same league.
Do you consider Phillips to be a good director? What is it that made Joker a good film, other than Phoenix's performance and Goransson's musical score?

I wonder what Phillips will want to do next. Almost certainly he wants to make another non-canonical comic book movie, but the Joker movie that he made does not lend itself to an obvious sequel. I think that a Lex Luthor film, where Superman is portrayed as an out of control alien that undermines humanity, would be a good choice.

Guest-2
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Post by Guest-2 » 7 months ago

I binged Locke and Key--and I really liked it.

Also watching The Outsider and I like that too.

films
IT 2 and The Joker..liked both.
The Joker is a better film and performance was fantastic, but I 'enjoyed' IT 2 more, found it fun.

Other than that I'm having a hard time finding time and focusing on TV/films.

Guest-4
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by Guest-4 » 3 weeks ago

I really miss as going to the movie theaters :-(

Looking forward to season 2 of The Boys coming out this week.

Netflix's Love on the Spectrum is interesting to watch.

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1mg topical, topical Progesterone 2% (topical only, Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 3 weeks ago

Did anybody see The New Mutants?

It looks really good. It was actually made in 2014, but because Disney took over Fox, it was a while
before it was released.

Added in 6 minutes 34 seconds:

A negative rating from a COMMUNICATIONS COLLEGE MAJOR. :o :clap: :thumbdown: :lol:

From @JLBB. The ENGLISH major from Australia. It must be hard to major
in something you speak.

You must be @nameless son.

That's funny.

I'm an expert. Actually I have a REAL COLLEGE DEGREE in Physics. I have a Masters degree,
something you will probably never get.

And I have taken idiotic courses, like your college major English courses. Only because I
had to.

Added in 5 minutes 23 seconds:
JLBB wrote: 7 months ago Totally, I was wondering while watching whether he’d mention them at all. Still, despite lack of filling the auteur label or having a substantive aesthetic Mendes has a very impressive filmography, and Phillips likely earned the nomination. I’m sure Phillips and Mendes would both understand regardless that they’re not in the same league.
You should take a course in it. I thought you majored in film making?

JLBB
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by JLBB » 3 weeks ago

rclark wrote: 3 weeks ago Did anybody see The New Mutants?

It looks really good. It was actually made in 2014, but because Disney took over Fox, it was a while
before it was released.

Added in 6 minutes 34 seconds:

A negative rating from a COMMUNICATIONS COLLEGE MAJOR. :o :clap: :thumbdown: :lol:

From @JLBB. The ENGLISH major from Australia. It must be hard to major
in something you speak.

You must be @nameless son.

That's funny.

I'm an expert. Actually I have a REAL COLLEGE DEGREE in Physics. I have a Masters degree,
something you will probably never get.

And I have taken idiotic courses, like your college major English courses. Only because I
had to.

Added in 5 minutes 23 seconds:

You should take a course in it. I thought you majored in film making?
I majored in ass eating.

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1mg topical, topical Progesterone 2% (topical only, Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 3 weeks ago

JLBB wrote: 3 weeks ago I majored in ass eating.
Whatever you do, don't have sex with a prostitute in a public bathroom. If you do, at least
wear a mask.

In all seriousness, this is the time to experiment with wearing a max.

Some of the women I've slept with have been really ugly. Maybe I should tell them to put
on a giant Halloween mask, do you think that would be rude?

JLBB
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by JLBB » 3 weeks ago

rclark wrote: 3 weeks ago Whatever you do, don't have sex with a prostitute in a public bathroom. If you do, at least
wear a mask.

In all seriousness, this is the time to experiment with wearing a max.

Some of the women I've slept with have been really ugly. Maybe I should tell them to put
on a giant Halloween mask, do you think that would be rude?
It’s not rude, I have a mask kink and especially like that the black surgical masks on asian girls make them look like Ninjas. Hopefully I can find one that is happy to pee in my mouth and then let me bang her with the mask on.

Exodus
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW6
Regimen: nothing

Post by Exodus » 3 weeks ago

There needs to be individual reactions here like facebook lol. Get on it @Admin

Guest-4
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by Guest-4 » 1 week ago

@Guest-2 what do you think of the new Oscar diversity rules?