Film and television discussion thread

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Re: Film and television discussion thread

Post by rclark » 6 months ago

Added in 3 minutes 9 seconds:
JeanLucBB wrote:
7 months ago
Am I the only one that doesn't think this guy is Wolf Pack or am I missing something? Seems like an old timer from HairLossTalk but said a large amount inconsistent about transplants, meds etc with his posts over there. Very different writing styles too.
Yes, as far as I know.

There are also these people who feel he isn't him, so don't feel badly about it.

star_trek.jpg
star_trek.jpg (31.4 KiB) Viewed 1002 times

yettee
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Minoxidil

Post by yettee » 6 months ago

rclark wrote:
6 months ago
Added in 3 minutes 9 seconds:

Yes, as far as I know.

There are also these people who feel he isn't him, so don't feel badly about it.

star_trek.jpg

LOL... though I think Wesley might be suspicious.

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Shaving

Post by Arjen » 6 months ago

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5680442/?ref_=nv_sr_4
Or: how - in my case - legal and moral views can differ.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0808279/?ref_=nv_sr_1
@JeanLucBB , you might have seen this one, as it was directed by Haneke

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1614989/?ref_=nv_sr_1
Probably well-known to our Norwegian members. The main actor is wearing a wig for this movie, too...

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6616260/?ref_=nv_sr_1
One of the two main characters is portrayed by https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2273799/?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm

and I confess, I've fallen in love with her. I have not had this since seeing Lily Collins in "Abduction", but I can't stop being in awe of her. And I'm kind of relieved to notice it, since she's not a prefect 10 and, most notably, my age @JasonStatham :wave:

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW3.5

Post by JasonStatham » 6 months ago

Did your IT guys unblock this site now for you? xD

@Arjen

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Shaving

Post by Arjen » 6 months ago

JasonStatham wrote:
6 months ago
Did your IT guys unblock this site now for you? xD

@Arjen
Yes, on the condition that I stop whining about only 1-5s liking me on Tinder. Ah, well, let's see how long I can access this site. :P

kj6723
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Dutasteride .5mg daily, minoxidil 5% 1-2x daily, nizoral 1% whenever

Post by kj6723 » 6 months ago

Glass was bad, and I mean it was really cringingly bad. If it wasn’t for the high profile actors and familiar characters, there were moments I would have thought I was watching a B movie. I kept desperately hoping something would happen to justify the incoherent plot choices, but up to the completely anticlimactic end it was awful

Really disappointing because I love both Unbreakable and Split. I’m going to pretend this one didn’t happen and think of those others as standalone films. Really not sure what M Night was thinking on this one

Hairblues
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Post by Hairblues » 4 months ago

Did none of you watch and love Russian Doll?

Chick was like my spirit animal.
Attachments
C20F8D31-7766-445C-953E-D68E8DAC300F.jpeg
C20F8D31-7766-445C-953E-D68E8DAC300F.jpeg (31.93 KiB) Viewed 655 times

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).

Post by rclark » 4 months ago

kj6723 wrote:
6 months ago
Glass was bad, and I mean it was really cringingly bad. If it wasn’t for the high profile actors and familiar characters, there were moments I would have thought I was watching a B movie. I kept desperately hoping something would happen to justify the incoherent plot choices, but up to the completely anticlimactic end it was awful

Really disappointing because I love both Unbreakable and Split. I’m going to pretend this one didn’t happen and think of those others as standalone films. Really not sure what M Night was thinking on this one
It was beyond pathetic, it really was. The funny thing about the story, is that is sucked so bad that movie companies rejected it.
He never changed the story. He ended up using his own money to make the movie.

He's really stupid if he can't understand why people didn't like it.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 3 months ago

@JLBB did you understand WTF Claire Denis' High Life was about?

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by blackg » 3 months ago

Hairblues wrote:
4 months ago
Did none of you watch and love Russian Doll?

Chick was like my spirit animal.
She looks kinda sexy. Tell me more about her.
She packed my bags last night

Exodus
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW6
Regimen: nothing

Post by Exodus » 3 months ago

koolaidshade wrote:
11 months ago
I watched all of the vampire diaries and most of the originals. I'm not ashamed to say TVD was my favorite show, and I was pretty bummed for it to end, especially with how the ending could have been a bit better.

I might check out the Charmed reboot series this week. I've always been a fan of the more "feminine" shows, but they also happen to have more elaborate drama and character interactions. Most people who bash on these shows watch dumb stuff like anime or capeshit so its not like it matters anyways...
How is anime and comic book stuff dumb?

Added in 2 hours 43 minutes 39 seconds:
Hairblues wrote:
1 year ago
I agree with everything you said about it.
I think I like second season more, even though for me first season was easier to follow. I do have to binge rewatch it one day because I do miss some nuances with the plot first time around. (Especially around the original creators of the AI Hopkins and the original humane bernard(can’t think his name)

It’s funny because on HairLossTalk they used to discuss (think exodus really ) about one day theoretically being able to buy a perfect looking AI and programming them falling in love with person ..and to me that’s like the equivalent of paying a gold digger to be a girlfriend/wife. It’s both fake.
I guess the rational is it’s programed to be real, therefore it is, and then it evolves. But if it evolves and becomes real, it won’t stay falsely in love. It might even feel resentful.
The AI loves you. The gold digger doesnt

I dont wanna go full female hating sluthate mode but come on lmao

This is so simple

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by rclark » 3 months ago

Look I don't want to be cynical about women in the United States, but I do think an artificial woman in
the United States could "turn bad" if introduced to other women. She would be stealing money out of the
guys at the moment and stealing his credit cards, let's just be honest about it. :? :wtf: :shock: :o

An artificial intelligent robot that doesn't nag, gives me sex whenever I want it, that does sound kind of good
at first. But I would lock her in the house, and turn her off when I'm going to work.

She's not human, so I don't want to hear any negative remarks about that.

About Game of Thrones.

There probably not that many fans of Game of Thrones in Europe, since it shows at 12:00 AM in the morning?

That said, was the second to the last ending terrible or what?

We all know that Arya will kill Cersei and Jaime on the show finale.

I wish Yara would take the "Iron Throne", because she is a lesbian.

Hairblues
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Post by Hairblues » 3 months ago

Exodus wrote:
3 months ago
How is anime and comic book stuff dumb?

Added in 2 hours 43 minutes 39 seconds:

This is so simple
If it’s a simple a concept then you should be able to effectively counter without going ‘ full female sluthate mode.’

Added in 33 minutes 44 seconds:
rclark wrote:
3 months ago
Look I don't want to be cynical about women in the United States, but I do think an artificial woman in
the United States could "turn bad" if introduced to other women. She would be stealing money out of the
guys at the moment and stealing his credit cards, let's just be honest about it. :? :wtf: :shock: :o

An artificial intelligent robot that doesn't nag, gives me sex whenever I want it, that does sound kind of good
at first. But I would lock her in the house, and turn her off when I'm going to work.

She's not human, so I don't want to hear any negative remarks about that.

About Game of Thrones.

There probably not that many fans of GOT in Europe, since it shows at 12:00 AM in the morning?

That said, was the second to the last ending terrible or what?

We all know that Arya will kill Cersei and Jaime on the show finale.

I wish Yara would take the "Iron Throne", because she is a lesbian.
I think we watched 2 different shows.

I’m hesitant to say anything because I think in Europe and Australia they are behind a season.

Added in 1 minute 38 seconds:
blackg wrote:
3 months ago
She looks kinda sexy. Tell me more about her.
I don’t find her sexy but I saw this before all the hype and it sucked me in like few shows do these days.

Then it became very hyped so I don’t know how it holds up versus the hype since I saw it before and had no expectations.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 3 months ago

Exodus wrote:
3 months ago

This is so simple
Blade Runner 2049, Ex Machina, and Alita Battle Angel (to a lesser extent) attempt to explore these issues. You should watch them.

There are several issues though. Among them, "love" is fairly complex, if a robot actually loves you it might be so similar to a person that the distinction becomes irrelevant.

However, if it's just a plush doll saying "I love you !!! I want to blow you right now !!! Would you like a hug ?" on repeat then that has no value.

yettee
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Regimen: Minoxidil

Post by yettee » 3 months ago

rclark wrote:
3 months ago
About Game of Thrones.

There probably not that many fans of Game of Thrones in Europe, since it shows at 12:00 AM in the morning?
R, I was listening to Stern the other day and he was complaining a TON about how dark a recent episode of Game of Thrones was. An episode which was a long epic battle... but the lighting was so poor that he couldn't see the action. I dont watch Game of Thrones, so I'm curious, if you saw the episode, is he right? Callers mostly agreed with him. Of course the whole convo was hilarious.

Am still disturbed about what you told me regarding Scott the Engineer. And apparently he hasn't appeared on the show for like a year and is never mentioned anymore. Eh