Big tech companies banning people they don't like

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Adenosin shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling

Re: Big tech companies banning people they don't like

Post by Admin » 2 months ago

So after Patreon banning Sargon of Akkad, Facebook and Instagram just banned Tommy Robinson.

The purge continues.

FB_IMG_1551199841508.jpg
FB_IMG_1551199841508.jpg (36.21 KiB) Viewed 344 times

That Guy
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by That Guy » 2 months ago

Admin wrote:
2 months ago
So after Patreon banning Sargon of Akkad, Facebook and Instagram just banned Tommy Robinson.

The purge continues.

Facebook_IMG_1551199841508.jpg
You know I've heard people criticize PJW for being too "alt-lite" but it's clear to me, especially with that last, very accurate part about "muh free market", that he is rapidly coming over to alt-right. The BS of clown world is getting impossible to downplay even a little.

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by blackg » 2 months ago

Admin wrote:
9 months ago
Somehow this reminded me of when Wolf Pack banned Rudiger , and by that I don't mean that Rudiger is as batshit crazy as Alex Jones of course :p.

It was Rudiger himself who said that to Wolf Pack, his ban was just a test, to see if he could get away with permanently banning one of the most prolific posters. It started with him, he waited for the outrage to die out and then it was my turn. And then it was rclark, with no one batting an eye anymore, because well, this place exists. And of course before all this, there was the ban of Hairblues which was justified with lies.

https://www.vox.com/2018/8/6/17655658/a ... y-theories

I see the same tactics that Wolf Pack used against me to justify my ban: Alex Jones makes up racist conspiracy theories. Yep that was also one of the accusations that Wolf laid against me: "He was a racist", but here's what's common here: they never provide any specific examples. The best they can do is "well he likes Trump and he even talked to him once! See? Racist! Ban!"

Now Alex Jones may be a nut job or an actor playing a role, but the idea of big tech companies banning him and taking away his voice on the biggest social media platforms on the internet doesn't sit right with me. You have the libertarian and conservative speakers calling out Apple, Facebook and Google and then there are the little weasels on the left and even part of the republicans that are like "Good! He was annoying and crazy!" not really realizing what they're doing.

They're not thinking through what that ban actually means. They don't understand that there is a very god chance that those big tech corporations are now looking at other conservative, libertarian and even centrist news sources thinking: "Your're next!".

I know it's a bit of a reach, but I really wonder if what happened on HairlossTalk and what's happening to the alternative media are the same thing happening on different scales. And if we want to push the comparison further, we have already seen what is going to happen once they ban one too many speakers or news outlets.

There is a huge market out there for thought-provoking ideas and discussions, or just platforms that are free of censorship and I believe alternatives to Facebook, YouTube and Twitter are going to flourish because of that. I've witnessed the same in TV shows recently, well in one TV show in particular: Cobra Kai. It is packed with politically incorrect and triggering jokes. And look at that, people actually loved it: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7221388/

I like to believe that Movie, TV and video game producers are still after making money, and sooner or later, they're going to realize what the general public really wants at the moment, especially after they've seen that forcing politically correct and SJW content in their productions not only didn't work but very often backfired.

Anyway back to the censorship on Facebook/YouTube/Twitter issue: if they keep on doing that, all those social media are going to become sterile and boring as fuck, just like HairlossTalk these days, and more and more people are just going to lose interest and leave, hopefully to other platforms that are going to be developed as a result.
All those people you mentioned being banned by Wolf Pack have one thing in common. They were the most problematic members of the old forum.

So the bans really had nothing to do with Wolf Pack's behavior as an administrator. They had more to do with the bad character of traits those you just mentioned.

To your main point: Alex Jones is mostly an insufferable paranoid fantasist.
He gives me a headache.
marry me, Kaitlin

That Guy
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by That Guy » 2 months ago

Does your mouth ever get sore from constantly sucking off Wolf Pack?

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by blackg » 2 months ago

That Guy wrote:
2 months ago
Does your mouth ever get sore from constantly sucking off Wolf Pack?
I've told you guys before: Wolf Pack is a gentle lover. He knows his way around the sheets.
marry me, Kaitlin

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Adenosin shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling

Post by Admin » 2 months ago

I was expecting to be upset by what I would see in this documentary but not so much:

After seeing that, I don't know how one could trust any mainstream media source ever again.

Tommy Robinson really is one of the most courageous warriors of the culture war.

Man the threats, deceit and the lengths those mainstream journalists are willing to go to just to destroy a man's life for daring to speak the truth.

All with the help of far-left activists. But of course, not even this will be the end of it.

C4L
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: dropped finasteride after almost 2 years

Post by C4L » 2 months ago

Admin wrote:
2 months ago
I was expecting to be upset by what I would see in this documentary but not so much:

After seeing that, I don't know how one could trust any mainstream media source ever again.

Tommy Robinson really is one of the most courageous warriors of the culture war.

Man the threats, deceit and the lengths those mainstream journalists are willing to go to just to destroy a man's life for daring to speak the truth.

All with the help of far-left activists. But of course, not even this will be the end of it.
fascists of the future will call themselves anti-fascists.