Forum guidelines and privacy policy

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Head & Shoulders caffeine shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling

Forum guidelines and privacy policy

Post by Admin » 1 year ago

Post content

To start off, I'm a huge believer in free speech, and I believe speech should be as untrammeled as possible. I also believe that no rule can be absolute so there are going to be exceptions, mainly repeated gratuitous and malevolent attacks against a member. I'll keep it simple and use a '3 warnings you're out' rule, which means a 30-day ban.

Bans will be permanent only for spammers and people who clearly register on this forum to cause mayhem. What I'm hoping is that the members here and myself will be involved enough to call out unreasonable hate speech if it rears its ugly head and put it into perspective. If a member keeps posting obviously misogynistic, racist, antisemitic, etc. content (ex: "women deserve to die because they won't date bald guys!") after being called out and reasoned with several times, it will eventually (after 2 strikes) result in a 30-day ban.

As a general rule, the length of the punishment will be doubled each time a user is sanctioned.

Use the report button to report any activity matching what I described above. I am the only person moderating this forum and I don't have the personal resources to check on all its content at all times, so I count on the vigilance of its community to bring any inappropriate or illegal activity to my attention.

Thread titles

Titles should be as concise, informative and search engine-friendly as possible. Example: "How to counter finasteride's sexual side-effects?", not "Hey guys, huge problem with f i n, can you help me?!" For the sake of uniformity and legibility, do not put all the first word letters in capitals. I reserve myself the right to modify the title of your thread to suit those rules. Reasonable objections to my alterations will be considered.

Use the search engine to make sure that a thread about your particular topic or issue doesn't already exist. If it does, I will merge your thread with the older one.

Always try to have the outsider, the newcomer in mind when you create a thread, they need to be intelligible and to provide them with the useful information they might be searching. For this reason, threads discussing a particular member of the forum will be either removed or if possible changed into a more general thread if the reason a member was mentioned was to discuss a particular topic.

Post format

Avoid huge walls of text, use paragraphs and pay attention to your spelling. Do not use caps, put your whole post in bold or post several times the same images. Do not put the quoted posts below your replies and make sure that your images are properly embedded.

Avoid using acronyms (M P B => Male pattern baldness) and abbreviations (example: f i n => finasteride) when possible, this is again to make sure that the website is well-referenced on search engines and also to make sure that the newbies can navigate this website without the need of a glossary. To facilitate this, I will continually add acronyms to a database that's going to automatically convert them to the full letter words. I reserve the right to modify to posts to ensure that these formatting rules are met.

Members' control over content and delete requests

Once you've posted content, you have a 15 minute window to delete your post (mostly to prevent double-posting) and one week to edit the content of your post. If you want specific posts to be deleted after that time period has expired, you can always contact me to request a deletion.

The only exceptions would be:

- The post in question is the initial post of a thread, which would also affect other members' contributions
- The deletion of the posts would make the thread unintelligible

Members can alter their username themselves on this page: ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=reg_details

Personal information and pictures

If requested, I will always delete personal information and pictures that could potentially make a member identifiable, in accordance with the European GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).

This website, as any internet forum has access to its users' IP address, which are absolutely crucial to protect it from fraudulent behavior like spam, hacking attempts or other illegal activities. That information will remain strictly private and only accessible to this website's administrator. The same applies to the data collected through Google Analytics.

Posting other people's private information (doxxing) is a serious offense and will warrant a 1 month ban.

Reputation system

Negative rating spamming is not allowed, if a spamming pattern (three to five -3 ratings in a row) is noted or reported, the person engaging in this behavior will have his rating ability revoked for two weeks. If you're a victim of this type of behavior, do not enter in a so-called neg war, just report it to me.

Rules for the Discord server

- You are required to use the same username as on this forum, so you have to create here an account first
- No recurring personal attacks against a user
- No misogynistic, racist, antisemitic, etc. content
- No doxxing. You are not allowed to leak people's private information

Log

- @That Guy: Banned until October 8th 2019 - Reason: Antisemitism
- @Exodus: Rating ability disabled until September 25th 2019 - Reason: negative rating spamming
- @That Guy: Second warning - Reason: Antisemitism
- @That Guy: Warning - Reason: Antisemitism
- @Exodus: Banned until August 15th - Reason: Harassment, antisemitism and misogyny
- @Xexos: Banned until August 15th - Reason: Harassment, antisemitism and misogyny
- @nameless: Warning + Rating ability disabled until July 13th - Reason: Harassment against members
- @Exodus: Rating ability disabled until July 18th 2019 - Reason: Negative rating spamming
- @Exodus: Warning + Rating ability disabled until April 23rd 2019 - Reason: Negative rating spamming