The current state of the UK: "Oi m8, got a loicense for that thread?!"

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

The current state of the UK: "Oi m8, got a loicense for that thread?!"

Post by Rudiger » 1 year ago

I mean, where do you start? Count Dankula, Tommy Robinson, Southern + Pettibone's UK ban (seems permanent), but there's a constant influx of hilarity such as this:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/0 ... ckets-van/

Yep, I still have a lot of friends over there (I'm in Ireland). It's a bit much to say all of the censorship and nanny state is affecting people's daily life, but wow the future is bleak, and there's no way of voting out of it either.

It's literally becoming Nineteen Eighty-Four, how hilariously sad that is.
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Re: The current state of the UK: "Oi m8, got a loicense for that thread?!"

Post by rclark » 1 year ago

Rudiger wrote:
1 year ago
I mean, where do you start? Count Dankula, Tommy Robinson, Southern + Pettibone's UK ban (seems permanent), but there's a constant influx of hilarity such as this:

Yep, I still have a lot of friends over there (I'm in Ireland). It's a bit much to say all of the censorship and nanny state is affecting people's daily life, but wow the future is bleak, and there's no way of voting out of it either.

What the FUCK? I'm surprised they don't fine people for wearing their
hats in public places.

That's worse than 1984. A fucking "sandwich wrapper"? That's in the fucking Victorian Age.

queen-elizabeth.jpg
queen-elizabeth.jpg (31.47 KiB) Viewed 1172 times

Johnt1997
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Regimen: Propecia - 0.5mg/day
Minoxidil - 5 & 12.5%
Regenepure shampoo

Post by Johnt1997 » 1 year ago

Rudiger wrote:
1 year ago

I am very liberal and used to be quite political/preachy
Although not so much now, not publically at least, as its a good way to bore people fast and i now have different friends who i dont discuss this stuff with. I am also a part of generation snowflake - but, by god i hate generation snowflake. All this no platforming, virtue signalling, positive bias, etc is embarrassing and stupid

At my old work, there was a guy i used to speak to a lot: he was right wing, pro brexit and very anti pc. He was also transgender, bi-sexual and under 30(Yeah, not your typical right wing conservative lol) We used to talk a lot about stuff and it was interesting to hear different arguments and challenge ideas i didn't agree with. It didn't make us fall out, we didn't call each other names, we just talked like adults.

supremegentleman
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Finasteride 1mg daily
Minoxidil 5% 2ml daily
1.5mm dermarolling daily
Nizoral 2% shampoo x3 a week

Post by supremegentleman » 1 year ago

From my observations the left wing people tend to be moral vocal than the conservative people. I am more of a conservative myself, more like a very mild conservative. I don't mind gays, transgenders, abortion and all that other stuff. I just try to get on with my life rather than blaming it on someone else or the environment/circumstances etc.

And I find many conservative people are like that. They just keep to themselves, get on with their lives and try to do the best in whatever the system is. The system changes every 5 years and new governments just make new promises and nothing really changes, at least it hasn't changed the past 21 years I am living on this planet. The life goes on and it depends what you make of it. And currently the system is not bad at all in the UK.

Of course there are some issues but the economy is good and all institutions are in place to help the citizen make something of his life, the order is there, we have the police taking care of us etc the schools run good and deliver good education, if you have no education you can still get a job, with education it is even easier to get a job because there is demand for qualified people. Universities are good and relatively cheap/free (there are loans for students on very good terms and government grants) There is literally no need for whining.

And believe me, I am not from a super rich family or something, actually both of my parents are working class people who used to work for minimal wage or literally little bit above it and I managed to finish school with OK grades and graduate from University. Currently looking for a job.

Uncle Grandfather
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW3
Regimen: 5% Minoxidil, 1 mg Finasteride, Nizoral

Post by Uncle Grandfather » 1 year ago

The day I realized something was truly wrong with the UK was when they banned Michael Savage from entering the country back in 2009.
Good sense, innocence, cripplin' mankind

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » 1 year ago

Oi u got a loicense for that cancer m8?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6942090/d ... liday/amp/
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)