Forum features - updates and suggestions

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
blackg
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Re: Forum features - updates and suggestions

Post by blackg » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:46 am

Rudiger wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:22 pm
Awesome.

But did anyone else get a load of notifications for old posts of theirs that were quoted? It was really weird I came in to 11 "someone quoted you" notifications and they were all from like 2 months ago.
I did! It was strange.
I acknowledge the traditional owners of Australia and North America. Fred, go home!

blackg
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by blackg » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:49 am

New format is a lot better. Things look more hetero and manly.
I acknowledge the traditional owners of Australia and North America. Fred, go home!

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil, Stemoxydine and Adenosin shampoo
- 1.5mm dermarolling 1x a week

Post by Admin » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:02 am

rclark wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:43 am
In fact, when I tried to recruit someone from memberlosstalk, they were
telling me they didn't like the original one.
Haha, MemberlossTalk, I'll never get over that one :p.

Well, you can try to recruit them again now :).
Hair transplants: 2000 graft (May 2014) and 2024 graft (January 2018) FUE's with Dr. De Reys for front and mid-scalp.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:00 pm

You can now see similar topic suggestions at the end of each thread.
Hair transplants: 2000 graft (May 2014) and 2024 graft (January 2018) FUE's with Dr. De Reys for front and mid-scalp.

rclark
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil (15% AM/30%PM/ faster hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas every day.
This is the hairline and entire vertex area.

Post by rclark » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:06 pm

blackg wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:49 am
New format is a lot better. Things look more hetero and manly.
You definitely represent Western Values. Everybody does, it's sharing our own unique individual opinion about things!

CaptainForehead
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Norwood: NW7
Regimen: Avoid mirrors and other reflective surfaces

Post by CaptainForehead » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:02 am

The pictures of Prince whatshisname at the top don't sit well with me. Unless of course if you have his explicit permission to use those pics for this purpose. It comes across as cheap and tawdry, like gossip sites posting unflattering pictures of celebrities, to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

If you really want to highlight the devastating effects of hairloss on looks, I'd suggest hiring a sketch artist to make a before and after sketch of some fictional character.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Afro_Vacancy » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:21 am

For @CaptainForehead:

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:12 am

CaptainForehead wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:02 am
The pictures of Prince whatshisname at the top don't sit well with me. Unless of course if you have his explicit permission to use those pics for this purpose. It comes across as cheap and tawdry, like gossip sites posting unflattering pictures of celebrities, to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

If you really want to highlight the devastating effects of hairloss on looks, I'd suggest hiring a sketch artist to make a before and after sketch of some fictional character.
I know what you mean and this has crossed my mind too. And I even asked my dad who's a talented cartoonist (he never did anything with that though) to draw me a happy guy with hair and the same guy bald to put as a banner, but it would defeat the purpose of the effect I wanted to achieve with this website.

It's called "Impact of Hair Loss", so I needed something to show its impact in the banner, something to the point and brutal, and I thought Prince William would be a perfect candidate for that. Gone bald young, considered a sex symbol, and the fact that so many pictures of him are available. And he's a public figure so I don't think I should have any problem.

I wanted to do something different than all the other hair loss websites that are all using the picture of a goddamn follicle, something very abstract. I wanted the normies who stumble on this forum to see that before/after in the banner and think "ah yeah, this is why those baldies are so worried", otherwise, you're likely to get the automatic "but it's just hair" dismissal. It's something that has often happened when I talked about it with people, they will say "ah it's not that bad, bald can be sexy!" and then you dig out a picture of celebrity and they're like: "ah yeah...".

Anyway, I still tried to make it small and discreet, and it won't show up on the mobile version, which is the one that most people use. Thanks for your input though, I might ask my dad to sketch something for me and then I'll see if it has the same effect.

CaptainForehead
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice

Post by CaptainForehead » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:08 am

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:21 am
For @CaptainForehead:

You posted it as a joke, but man, the top guy seems younger, on the way up, someone with hope, who does ok with the ladies. The guy below, a middle aged loser who has let himself go.

blackg
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by blackg » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:40 am

CaptainForehead wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:02 am

So good to see you here, Captain, and I agree with everything you say in this post.

Love ya!

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:59 am

NSFW
I added a NSFW button. Select the content you want to hide then click on NSFW on the posting page to activate it.

And a spoiler tag, which works the same, and of course uses the same code :p. I thought about it after feeling my heart racing when members were talking about Better Call Saul in the film and television thread.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:09 am

Links will now automatically be displayed this way when possible:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20233794

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/t ... xt.115681/

CaptainForehead
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice

Post by CaptainForehead » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:01 am

Admin,

I cannot edit my posts which I made last week. Can this time limit thing for editing be turned off?

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:23 am

CaptainForehead wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:01 am
Admin,

I cannot edit my posts which I made last week. Can this time limit thing for editing be turned off?
I just extended the limit to edit one's post to one week. And members now also have a 15 minute window to delete a post, I thought that would be welcome since double-posting can happen.

It's a young forum so I cannot risk a member getting pissed off (it always happens at some point) and then impulsively starting to edit or delete all their posts. I've already been asked by members to delete their account and all their posts after they got into a fight. Usually, I tell them to sleep on it and a few days later, they're back to posting as if nothing happened.

Of course, I will always delete personal pictures and information that have been posted when asked, and not only because the European law requires me to do so :p.

CaptainForehead
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice

Post by CaptainForehead » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:28 am

Admin wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:23 am
I just extended the limit to edit one's post to one week. And members now also have a 15 minute window to delete a post, I thought that would be welcome since double-posting can happen.

It's a young forum so I cannot risk a member getting pissed off (it always happens at some point) and then impulsively starting to edit or delete all their posts. I've already been asked by members to delete their account and all their posts after they got into a fight. Usually, I tell them to sleep on it and a few days later, they're back to posting as if nothing happened.
I remember reading that all posts can be deleted on request, if that's the case why not allow unlimited user delete?

This time limited freezing makes me quite uncomfortable.