Forum features - updates, suggestions and bug reports

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
Post Reply
User avatar
Pat
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Posts: 198
Joined: 7 months ago
Reputation: 600
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Dutasteride, minoxidil, ketokonazole, dermarolling.

Re: Forum features - updates, suggestions and bug reports

Post by Pat » 1 month ago

Admin wrote:
1 month ago
Here are some features that were added recently:

- The members' recent activity is displayed on their profile page
- Your age can now be displayed on your profile and on the left inside topics (only your age will be displayed, no one else can see your date of birth)
- Subsequent posts by the same member are now merged automatically
- Pictures that are too large will be automatically resized and clickable (only on PC)
- Dates are now relative ('1 hour ago' instead of '19/1/2018 at 6pm')
- New smileys: :angel: :thumbdown: :wtf: :clap: xD :wave: :eh: :thumbup: :think: :problem: :sick: :crazy: :shh: :shifty: :silent:
- Notifications get displayed in red over website's icon (useful if you use pinned tabs)

Again, if you have some ideas for features you would like to see implemented, don't hesitate, I'll do my best as long as it's in the realm of the possible of course :).
We need this one
Image

User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1465
Joined: 8 months ago
Reputation: 3172
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Adenosin shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling
Location: Belgium
Age: 29
Contact:

Re: Forum features - updates, suggestions and bug reports

Post by Admin » 1 month ago

Pat wrote:
1 month ago
We need this one
Image
Available by clicking on 'View more smilies':

:eggplant:

And yes, I had to type 'eggplant emoji meaning' on Google :| .

User avatar
Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 843
Joined: 8 months ago
Reputation: 2235
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Re: Forum features - updates, suggestions and bug reports

Post by Rudiger » 2 weeks ago

Why is this forum crashing so much? It's down for hours most of the weekend.
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1465
Joined: 8 months ago
Reputation: 3172
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Adenosin shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling
Location: Belgium
Age: 29
Contact:

Re: Forum features - updates, suggestions and bug reports

Post by Admin » 2 weeks ago

Rudiger wrote:
2 weeks ago
Why is this forum crashing so much? It's down for hours most of the weekend.
I don't see it crash on my end. The only times it crashes is when I execute too many requests and refresh in a short period of time (which is easier to achieve as the webmaster), then I get an error 503 which is basically the website taking me for someone trying to inflict a DDOS attack. I can still instantly access the website from another IP though.

Did you get an error number? Did the connection just time out? Does anybody else have problems with the website appearing down?

The website can support up to 75 (real) connections at the same time, and I've never seen so many people online. I say real because a lot of the "guests" you see online are the inevitable spam bots.

I just checked the website's log and no problem showed up for this week-end (or even before that) so I think it comes from your end, I could be wrong though so if anyone else can't access the forum from time to time, please let me know. @Afro_Vacancy also thought the website was down or crashing and it then turn out the problem came from the connection at his workplace:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11&p=312#p312

User avatar
Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 843
Joined: 8 months ago
Reputation: 2235
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Re: Forum features - updates, suggestions and bug reports

Post by Rudiger » 2 weeks ago

Admin wrote:
2 weeks ago
I don't see it crash on my end. The only times it crashes is when I execute too many requests and refresh in a short period of time (which is easier to achieve as the webmaster), then I get an error 503 which is basically the website taking me for someone trying to inflict a DDOS attack. I can still instantly access the website from another IP though.

Did you get an error number? Did the connection just time out? Does anybody else have problems with the website appearing down?

The website can support up to 75 (real) connections at the same time, and I've never seen so many people online. I say real because a lot of the "guests" you see online are the inevitable spam bots.

I just checked the website's log and no problem showed up for this week-end (or even before that) so I think it comes from your end, I could be wrong though so if anyone else can't access the forum from time to time, please let me know. Afro_Vacancy also thought the website was down or crashing and it then turn out the problem came from the connection at his workplace:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11&p=312#p312
Page simply doesn't load, as if I'm offline, of course my internet is working fine for other things. Also I was in different friends houses the past 2 evenings as well as the gym yesterday (so running off 4g) and still had this problem consistently, so it's not just my house.
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1465
Joined: 8 months ago
Reputation: 3172
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Adenosin shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling
Location: Belgium
Age: 29
Contact:

Re: Forum features - updates, suggestions and bug reports

Post by Admin » 2 weeks ago

Rudiger wrote:
2 weeks ago
Page simply doesn't load, as if I'm offline, of course my internet is working fine for other things. Also I was in different friends houses the past 2 evenings as well as the gym yesterday (so running off 4g) and still had this problem consistently, so it's not just my house.
I've also had that occasionally, it usually resolves by just reloading the page, but it was probably the first thing you've tried :p. It has stopped doing it for a while now though. If there is a problem and the server overloads, it should show up on the server logs and other members would complain too.

Sometimes it can just be your browser acting out, I get that with other websites on Chrome, and it won't load the website until I close it completely, and by that I mean killing it in the task manager. It can also happen on my Android phone and a similar action gets it resolved: making sure the Chrome app gets fully shut down and opened again.

You could also PM me a screenshot of the error message but since you tell me there isn't one and it just doesn't load, I would just try out the good old "turn it off and on again" I suggested above. I hope the problem gets resolved on your end, tell me if it gets better of if it persists.

User avatar
Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 843
Joined: 8 months ago
Reputation: 2235
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Re: Forum features - updates, suggestions and bug reports

Post by Rudiger » 2 weeks ago

Admin wrote:
2 weeks ago
I've also had that occasionally, it usually resolves by just reloading the page, but it was probably the first thing you've tried :p. It has stopped doing it for a while now though. If there is a problem and the server overloads, it should show up on the server logs and other members would complain too.

Sometimes it can just be your browser acting out, I get that with other websites on Chrome, and it won't load the website until I close it completely, and by that I mean killing it in the task manager. It can also happen on my Android phone and a similar action gets it resolved: making sure the Chrome app gets fully shut down and opened again.

You could also PM me a screenshot of the error message but since you tell me there isn't one and it just doesn't load, I would just try out the good old "turn it off and on again" I suggested above. I hope the problem gets resolved on your end, tell me if it gets better of if it persists.
I forgot to add, it also didn't work on my laptop as well as mobile, both here and at a friends (my own laptop, which I had brought).

I also tried it on tablet, on smart watch, on roku, on my playstations (3 AND 4), on my casio keyboard, my sat nav, my microwave, pornhub, my temperature control box, and still didn't work, so what about that brainbox?!

Nah but that first sentence was true.
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1465
Joined: 8 months ago
Reputation: 3172
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Adenosin shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling
Location: Belgium
Age: 29
Contact:

Re: Forum features - updates, suggestions and bug reports

Post by Admin » 2 weeks ago

A new forum style is available. To try it out, go to User Control Panel > Board Preferences > My board style: select SoftBlue.

new-style.jpg
new-style.jpg (213.6 KiB) Viewed 46 times
As always I'm open to comments and ideas to improve it.

Other new features and bug corrections:

- The @ from the mention function won't "harass" you to be selected anymore when quoting a post
- New smileys: :trolling: :pepe-sad:

User avatar
Pat
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Posts: 198
Joined: 7 months ago
Reputation: 600
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Dutasteride, minoxidil, ketokonazole, dermarolling.

Re: Forum features - updates, suggestions and bug reports

Post by Pat » 2 weeks ago

Admin wrote:
2 weeks ago
A new forum style is available. To try it out, go to User Control Panel > Board Preferences > My board style: select SoftBlue.

new-style.jpg

The banner is a draft that was quickly put together with the ideas I had in mind: using famous paintings (no copyright) and a small discreet font for the title. The paintings may be a bit too suicide-inducing though :p.

As always I'm open to comments and ideas to improve it.

Other new features and bug corrections:

- The @ from the mention function won't "harass" you to be selected anymore when quoting a post
- New smileys: :trolling: :pepe-sad:
I like the van Gogh

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests