Status and potential of this board

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
User avatar
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1577
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 3852
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: Status and potential of this board

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 1 year ago

One thing that would be good, but is unlikely to be an option, is to count the number of times that people's posts are quoted, and not just the number of times that people's posts are liked. I think that the former is more meaningful.

User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1762
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 3859
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Head & Shoulders caffeine shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling
Location: Belgium
Age: 29
Contact:

Re: Status and potential of this board

Post by Admin » 1 year ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 year ago
One thing that would be good, but is unlikely to be an option, is to count the number of times that people's posts are quoted, and not just the number of times that people's posts are liked. I think that the former is more meaningful.
I know Afro, I looked it up and there seems to be no such thing unfortunately. Definitely a good idea though.

User avatar
Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1021
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2664
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Re: Status and potential of this board

Post by Rudiger » 1 year ago

I don't really agree, a lot of troll posters get quoted regularly.
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1762
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 3859
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Head & Shoulders caffeine shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling
Location: Belgium
Age: 29
Contact:

Re: Status and potential of this board

Post by Admin » 1 year ago

Rudiger wrote:
1 year ago
I don't really agree, a lot of troll posters get quoted regularly.
I thought about that immediately after posting my reply. Nameless would have been first on HairlossTalk but not for the good reasons.

User avatar
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1577
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 3852
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: Status and potential of this board

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 1 year ago

Admin wrote:
1 year ago
I thought about that immediately after posting my reply. Nameless would have been first on HairlossTalk but not for the good reasons.
I trust people's judgments to evaluate properly and I would trust in your ability to curtail nameless.

pjhair
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 534
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1518

Re: Status and potential of this board

Post by pjhair » 1 year ago

@Admin I have been trying to think of ways to make this forum grow. For the forum to gain popularity, it's essential that it offers something that other forums don't. I am familiar with two forums HairLossTalk and Hair Transplant Network that cover essentially all the questions hair loss sufferers might have. But there is something that I haven't really seen on either forums: an HONEST repository of pictures and patient testimonials. Hair Transplant Network has a vast library of testimonials but as they collect marketing fee from doctors to be included in their so called "awesome list", I don't really find them trustworthy. How about you promote this site where patients can share their experiences without fear of being banned or having their thread deleted? The fact that this site is not affiliated with any doctor and doesn't take any kind of fee from them makes it more trustworthy than others. Doctors also can come and defend themselves if they feel the need to.

I am only familiar with HairLossTalk and Hair Transplant Network so perhaps there are forums that already do what I am suggesting. Also, I am not sure if Belgium has free speech laws that can protect you in case some idiot, unethical doctor tries to sue you because of a bad review on this site.

User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1762
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 3859
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Head & Shoulders caffeine shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling
Location: Belgium
Age: 29
Contact:

Re: Status and potential of this board

Post by Admin » 1 year ago

pjhair wrote:
1 year ago
Admin I have been trying to think of ways to make this forum grow. For the forum to gain popularity, it's essential that it offers something that other forums don't. I am familiar with two forums HairLossTalk and Hair Transplant Network that cover essentially all the questions hair loss sufferers might have. But there is something that I haven't really seen on either forums: an HONEST repository of pictures and patient testimonials. Hair Transplant Network has a vast library of testimonials but as they collect marketing fee from doctors to be included in their so called "awesome list", I don't really find them trustworthy. How about you promote this site where patients can share their experiences without fear of being banned or having their thread deleted? The fact that this site is not affiliated with any doctor and doesn't take any kind of fee from them makes it more trustworthy than others. Doctors also can come and defend themselves if they feel the need to.

I am only familiar with HairLossTalk and Hair Transplant Network so perhaps there are forums that already do what I am suggesting. Also, I am not sure if Belgium has free speech laws that can protect you in case some idiot, unethical doctor tries to sue you because of a bad review on this site.
I'm all for freedom of speech with as less limitations as possible. And I don't think I could be sued for what happens on my website in Belgium. It's very unlikely anyway, in Europe we often laugh of what we call "les procès à l'américaine" or as Saul Goodman would say: "This is America buddy, the land of the free and the home of the lawsuit."

I'd really like people to share honest accounts of their hair transplant experiences on this website. And I wouldn't moderate them unless I had a very good reason to do so like blatant lies or unsubstantiated character assassination by a guy who got 1500 grafts on a NW6 and is wondering why he can't get the Elvis hair cut.

It's funny how when you type "De Reys grafts" on Google, you find my results and then this guy right after:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/t ... 300.79648/

De Reys is aware of it, and he says it's unfortunate that one failed case like that can tarnish your business, but he seems to understand that it's part of the game. Any surgeon who'd seek to remove complains about him and his results from the internet is a crook in my book.

Now that said, I'd totally be the kind of guy who would accept sponsors on this website, and hopefully I'd never be asked to censor the competition or something, well maybe if I was offered a lot of money... No seriously, I'd never be able to live with myself if I accepted money to sponsor a terrible surgeon. Being partly responsible for ruining lives? Fuck that.

So yeah, I'd take a more Spencer Kobren-like approach, or like Dr. Bisanga operates with his collaborators in Belgium: when he says he supports the prohairclinic and he encourages you to go there to get temporary SMP, it's because the guy truly believes in the method. He told me himself: "I may make less money this way, but at least I'm able to sleep at night."

So yeah, I can't do much besides telling my stance on things, I'll certainly create a separate hair transplant results section if more people post their results on this forum. At the moment, there's only me and @JasonStatham. Maybe @JeanLucBB could post the results of his hair transplant(s) on here? :)

Johnson
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Posts: 191
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 239

Re: Status and potential of this board

Post by Johnson » 1 year ago

Just to let you guys knows - I found it super hard to find this forum.

Fred sent me the link via pm and I used that to get here. But then I didn't log in for weeks and I went back to the old forum to get the link and the pm he had sent me had been deleted by Wolf Pack. I didn't even know he could delete pms/

Anwyay, I searched hairloss forums and clicked on the first 15 and none of them were this one so I gave up.

It was actually doctor house who re-sent the link for this place and that's why I'm able to post again.

Long story short: if someone searches this place via google they will not find it (and there lies your problem).

User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1762
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 3859
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Head & Shoulders caffeine shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling
Location: Belgium
Age: 29
Contact:

Re: Status and potential of this board

Post by Admin » 1 year ago

Johnson wrote:
1 year ago
Just to let you guys knows - I found it super hard to find this forum.

Fred sent me the link via pm and I used that to get here. But then I didn't log in for weeks and I went back to the old forum to get the link and the pm he had sent me had been deleted by Wolf Pack. I didn't even know he could delete pms/

Anwyay, I searched hairloss forums and clicked on the first 15 and none of them were this one so I gave up.

It was actually doctor house who re-sent the link for this place and that's why I'm able to post again.

Long story short: if someone searches this place via google they will not find it (and there lies your problem).
Google "topical zinc thymulin" or "Hairlosstalk Wolf Pack" ;).

This website can be found on Google, just not with "hair loss forum", that's a bit optimistic, this website is way too young to appear with such keywords.

I can see who finds this website via Google and the keywords they use by the way. "Jordan Peterson hair transplant" for example :lol: .

User avatar
blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1394
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1952

Re: Status and potential of this board

Post by blackg » 1 year ago

Admin wrote:
1 year ago
Google "topical zinc thymulin" or "Hairlosstalk Wolf Pack" ;).

This website can be found on Google, just not with "hair loss forum", that's a bit optimistic, this website is way too young to appear with such keywords.

I can see who finds this website via Google and the keywords they use by the way. "Jordan Peterson hair transplant" for example :lol: .
I found this site on Google by typing in "male nurse."
Don't kneel because you feel

User avatar
Hairblues
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 969
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1739
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Re: Status and potential of this board

Post by Hairblues » 1 year ago

Johnson wrote:
1 year ago
Just to let you guys knows - I found it super hard to find this forum.

Fred sent me the link via pm and I used that to get here. But then I didn't log in for weeks and I went back to the old forum to get the link and the pm he had sent me had been deleted by Wolf Pack. I didn't even know he could delete pms/

Anwyay, I searched hairloss forums and clicked on the first 15 and none of them were this one so I gave up.

It was actually doctor house who re-sent the link for this place and that's why I'm able to post again.

Long story short: if someone searches this place via google they will not find it (and there lies your problem).
I told you guys they can read PMs

It was Roberto by the way who let that slip on the open forum.
I had asked at the time why Xander was banned and Roberto said because he was harassing someone via Pm
And either in that Post or the following one he said ‘we can read PMs too’ and it struck me that he didn’t say ‘screen shots’ no one jumped on it so I wasn’t sure if that’s just normal for forums but at the time it stuck with me to keep it in mind when writing PMs. I want to say it was early 2017. But can’t say for sure.

User avatar
rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1167
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1299
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Re: Status and potential of this board

Post by rclark » 1 year ago

Admin wrote:
1 year ago
To help the ranking and visibility of this website, could you guys with a reddit account upvote this post? :)



Thanks!
Your hair looks half way decent in that picture.

Are you really still considering a hair transplant? How much density reserves do you still have?

User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1762
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 3859
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Head & Shoulders caffeine shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling
Location: Belgium
Age: 29
Contact:

Re: Status and potential of this board

Post by Admin » 1 year ago

rclark wrote:
1 year ago
Your hair looks half way decent in that picture.

Are you really still considering a hair transplant? How much density reserves do you still have?
I have a thousand grafts left to place.

My third hair transplant is already booked for the beginning of February 2019.

I'm keeping an eye on what dermarolling is doing back there, it's been 5 weeks now and I think I'm starting to see results.

I have until the end of December to cancel it so I'll see by then.

User avatar
blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1394
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1952

Re: Status and potential of this board

Post by blackg » 1 year ago

Admin wrote:
1 year ago
I have a thousand grafts left to place.

My third hair transplant is already booked for the beginning of February 2019.

I'm keeping an eye on what dermarolling is doing back there, it's been 5 weeks now and I think I'm starting to see results.

I have until the end of December to cancel it so I'll see by then.
The warm Australian sun will do wonders for your health.
Don't kneel because you feel

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: blackg and 3 guests