Status and potential of this board

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Status and potential of this board

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 1 year ago

This is a great and brave experiment. I also thought about setting up a new site, but ultimately I was too lazy to do so. In the real world, ideas are cheap, and implementation is what actually has value.

HairLossTalk had a lot of value as a somewhat middle-of-the-road site in terms of ideology. We had a balance of blue pill and red pill thinking, a balance of experience and theory, and a balance of pulling-ability level among the posters. That was helpful, as it provided a niche between the extremism of lookism, and the other extremism of reddit. I've personally wasted years of my life, and suffered a lot, due to the standard advice of "just be confident, just be good", etc.

Unfortunately a lot of good things to an end. I don't know if this site can eventually fill that niche again but I'm willing to help out. It's nice to see some familiar faces here, and if each of us posts here semi-regularly that goes a long way. It would be good if we could get many of the posters who have been banned (not just WhitePolarBear, Rudiger, and HB, but many others) though I'm not sure how one would do so.

In the long-term, for this to be viable even for a few years, it will need to attract new users. I'm not sure how to do that though, and it's not a short-term priority. If Admin can attract a respectable audience here, he can consider upgrading the software source, and maybe expanding the site's mission to "Impact of Aesthetics" or something like that.
PhD in Internalized Incelism.

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Shaving

Re: Status and potential of this board

Post by Arjen » 1 year ago

You summarized well what drew me to HairLossTalk only a few months back after having only posted in football/soccer forums previously.
I can also relate to you in that while always trying to look after my appearance, I had long enough and all too willingly bought into the lie that women are not as picky when it comes to looks as men. I do disagree that balding is as huge a drawback as many seem to believe, but I’ve clearly developed the view over the last years that your level of looks is defining your league of options. It makes me chuckle bitterly when I hear „As long as he doesn‘t look like an ape and otherwise cool, he‘s fine.“. If anything, it‘s how men work. They are far more generous when it comes to that first hurdle that looks represent.
I myself am a (average looking) man with the pickiness of women, exposed to their standards. Anyone surprised I‘m single at the age of 36? :D

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Arjen wrote:
1 year ago
You summarized well what drew me to HairLossTalk only a few months back after having only posted in football/soccer forums previously.
I can also relate to you in that while always trying to look after my appearance, I had long enough and all too willingly bought into the lie that women are not as picky when it comes to looks as men. I do disagree that balding is as huge a drawback as many seem to believe, but I’ve clearly developed the view over the last years that your level of looks is defining your league of options. It makes me chuckle bitterly when I hear „As long as he doesn‘t look like an ape and otherwise cool, he‘s fine.“. If anything, it‘s how men work. They are far more generous when it comes to that first hurdle that looks represent.
I myself am a (average looking) man with the pickiness of women, exposed to their standards. Anyone surprised I‘m single at the age of 36? :D
Did you have a different screen name on HairLossTalk?

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Shaving

Post by Arjen » 1 year ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 year ago
Did you have a different screen name on HairLossTalk?
Cantara

kj6723
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Dutasteride .5mg daily, minoxidil 5% 1-2x daily, nizoral 1% whenever

Post by kj6723 » 1 year ago

Where are C4L and Bateman? Surprised we haven't seen them on here

@Afro_Vacancy, any attempt/headway on getting in touch with hairblues yet?

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 1 year ago

Prasille would definitely have something, email, or some address from her.

I hope she shows up.

She would definitely be popular here.

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by blackg » 1 year ago

kj6723 wrote:
1 year ago

@Afro_Vacancy , any attempt/headway on getting in touch with hairblues yet?
I contacted Bateman by PM and enthusiastically told him to join us here.

Firstly he told me to calm down, then he said he will join us when he is ready.
"Grandpa, fix my climate!"

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Head & Shoulders caffeine shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling

Post by Admin » 1 year ago

I think I reached CopeforLife before but he doesn't seem interested. You guys can try to reach him again if you want.

Good to know that Patrick Bateman will come.

Other than that, macaroni, GoldenMane, bilboswaggins and Abu-Ali Al Forheady (dat username!) should be joining us soon. Other less active members should come too, like JohnT1997 and BalderBaldyBald.

If you know any other valuable posters (even on other forums), don't hesitate to bring them on board.

Too bad that shookwun, JeanLucBB and CaptainForehead have been inactive for a few weeks now. The first two must be out there enjoying their renewed fullhead status. I hope Captain is alright.

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by blackg » 1 year ago

Admin wrote:
1 year ago
I think I reached CopeforLife before but he doesn't seem interested. You guys can try to reach him again if you want.

Good to know that Patrick Bateman will come.

Other than that, macaroni, GoldenMane, bilboswaggins and Abu-Ali Al Forheady (dat username!) should be joining us soon. Other less active members should come too, like JohnT1997 and BalderBaldyBald.

If you know any other valuable posters (even on other forums), don't hesitate to bring them on board.

Too bad that shookwun, JeanLucBB and CaptainForehead have been inactive for a few weeks now. The first two must be out there enjoying their renewed fullhead status. I hope Captain is alright.
I hope CaptainForehead is alright too, mate. And JeanLucBB of course.
Also.. Are you opposed to me contacting exodus to inform him about your new site?

I wish CopeForLife would come over too.. how could anyone not be interested! This is where the action is now.
The legends on this site, with their volatile personalities is sure to produce some fireworks in the near future.
Not that I encourage this type of thing at all, but seriously, we should all put away our sensitivities to some degree and let freedom of speech play itself out.

God bless the first amendment, WhitePolarBear, and God bless you for continuing with this fine tradition.
Last edited by blackg 1 year ago, edited 2 times in total.
"Grandpa, fix my climate!"

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

blackg wrote:
1 year ago
I hope CaptainForehead is alright too, mate. And JeanLucBB of course.
Also.. Are you opposed to me contacting exodus to inform him about your new site?

I wish CopeForLife would come over too.. how could anyone not be interested! This is where the action is now.
The legends on this site, with their volatile personalities is sure to produce fireworks in the near future.
Not that I encourage this type of thing at all but seriously, we should all put away our sensitivities to some degree and let free speech play itself out.

God bless the first amendment, WhitePolarBear, and God bless you for continuing with this fine tradition.
Exodus already knows about this website too, but he hasn't joined yet for some reason.

You can send him a reminder if you want :p.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

kj6723 wrote:
1 year ago

@Afro_Vacancy , any attempt/headway on getting in touch with hairblues yet?
It's hilarious that I'm in charge of getting in touch with her.
Anyway, I forwarded the invitation to pas.

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » 1 year ago

I saved hb's email somewhere and meant to get it every time I see this thread, it's hopefully on my laptop at home.
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

I'm embarrassed to have not realized this on such elegantly succinct terms.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

For what it's worth, I created social media pages linking to this website:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Impactofhairlo ... 349357043/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Impacthairloss
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/impactofhairloss.be/

They will be used to promote this website on social media, I don't think they'll be very useful though, I remember how much we all laughed about the 'Log in with Facebook' link on HairLossTalk :p.

But at least it puts this website on the map. If you have alternative Facebook/Twitter/Instagram accounts on which you don't use your real identity, don't hesitate to like, share and retweet.

And if you're a true warrior, follow them with your real name :twisted: .

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Admin wrote:
1 year ago
For what it's worth, I created social media pages linking to this website:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Impactofhairlo ... 349357043/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Impacthairloss
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/impactofhairloss.be/

They will be used to promote this website on social media, I don't think they'll be very useful though, I remember how much we all laughed about the 'Log in with Facebook' link on HairLossTalk :p.

But at least it puts this website on the map. If you have alternative Facebook/Twitter/Instagram accounts on which you don't use your real identity, don't hesitate to like, share and retweet.

And if you're a true warrior, follow them with your real name :twisted: .
You're doing the right thing. Hopefully you get enough traffic to justify an upgrade in a year's time. In the meantime, the best thing that we can do is contribute content. We have a nice nucleus of a community, but it will take a combination of effort and luck.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

To help the ranking and visibility of this website, could you guys with a reddit account upvote this post? :)

Thanks!