IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
StupidAccount1
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: Finasteride

Post by StupidAccount1 » 2 weeks ago

Thanks you're a nice person. What about the eBay thing?

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 2 weeks ago

StupidAccount1 wrote:
2 weeks ago
Thanks you're a nice person. What about the eBay thing?
You're welcome.

For any medication, DVD, spice, clothing, etc you want to be careful buying products off of random suppliers on Amazon. That is because they have virtually no quality control, so there's a risk of purchasing products from con artists. You can avoid this by buying off of vetted sellers on Amazon, it buying the official products from companies like CVS or Costco.

I have very little experiences with eBay so I can't comment on them, sorry.

For minoxidil, for future reference, Kirkland 5% liquid minoxidil is totally adequate and not expensive.
PhD in Internalized Incelism.

I had a hair transplant operation with the clinic of Dr. Emrah Cinik in Istanbul, with 2750 grafts being mostly placed in the front. It was a success both for general aesthetics and general well-being, and I encourage others to do the same.

StupidAccount1
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: Finasteride

Post by StupidAccount1 » 2 weeks ago

Ok thank you so much :D.

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by blackg » 2 weeks ago

StupidAccount1 wrote:
2 weeks ago
Ok thank you so much :D.
I can tell you're 20. (that comment was meant to have a playful tone)
Will my America ever be great again?

kj6723
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: dutasteride, minoxidil, nizoral

Post by kj6723 » 2 weeks ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
2 weeks ago
That's not great for a 20 year old. Just being honest, your hairloss is probably aggressive. If you do nothing, you're likely to be among the baldest of your friends within a few years.

However, you're catching it early, and thus your prospects are ultimately not terrible. If you stop your recession at this point or close to it, you'll be fine.

My recommendations to you:

1) Order some 5% Kirkland liquid minoxodil from a trusted seller like Costco. Don't order from Amazon as you might end up buying counterfeit. Apply 1 ml to your scalp once a day, preferably in the morning. That should buy you several years, plausibly more.

2) Get some 1% nizoral shampoo, leave on your scalp twice a week, for ten minutes at a time.

3) Speak to a doctor, soon, about finasteride / propecia, ask your doctor what they think. It's a very effective hairloss drug, but it comes with the risk of side effects.

Your doctor might also order some blood tests to rule out other things that can cause baldness such as an iron deficiency, thyroid issues, etc.

4) Once you start your regimen, try and not to think about things. After three months, take new photos, with the same lighting, angles, and haircut.
Bro, liquid minoxidil in the morning? :straight-smile: Maybe during quarantine. Otherwise I'd advise him to use it at night, or stick to foam

Char
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Nothing.

Post by Char » 2 weeks ago

How are you all doin?
I will defend my master thesis in three weeks.
Still can't find a job.
Feels bad. This baldness shit hit my when I was still in high school. I would be way more motivated if I wasn't fucking balding.

Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, Nizoral shampoo, hope.

Post by Admin » 2 weeks ago

Char wrote:
2 weeks ago
How are you all doin?
I will defend my master thesis in three weeks.
Still can't find a job.
Feels bad. This baldness shit hit my when I was still in high school. I would be way more motivated if I wasn't fucking balding.
Some days I appreciate the relative calm of this new era (as long as I don't pay attention to the mainstream media), and some days I lose patience and pray for life to go back to normal as soon as possible.

Don't beat yourself up if you have trouble finding a job after graduating. I've been job hunting for a couple of months and the difference in interest and responses I get from employers is huge compared to the pre-coronavirus times. It went from employers seeking me out to mostly deafening silence despite the fact that I'm actively applying.

At a point, I thought that the rare Zoom interviews I got was just HR employees trying to keep their job relevant while most businesses had frozen all hiring. But a few days ago, I was informed that I had been beaten in the final round by someone fresh out of university (see? Don't lose hope :p), because they thought she had great ideas, which I translated to: "she was cheaper". Tough times :pepe-sad:.

Good luck on your thesis defense! If you made it this far in the process, I'd say you're managing your motivation quite well. Don't lose sight of the fact that your future self will appreciate that fact that you made it to the finish line.
:christian-cross:

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Admin wrote:
2 weeks ago
.. I was informed that I had been beaten in the final round by someone fresh out of university (see? Don't lose hope :p), because they thought she had great ideas, which I translated to: "she was cheaper". Tough times :pepe-sad:.
She was probably just smokin' hot.

Wire
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW7
Regimen: Overeat

Post by Wire » 2 weeks ago

Admin wrote:
2 weeks ago
Some days I appreciate the relative calm of this new era (as long as I don't pay attention to the mainstream media), and some days I lose patience and pray for life to go back to normal as soon as possible.

Don't beat yourself up if you have trouble finding a job after graduating. I've been job hunting for a couple of months and the difference in interest and responses I get from employers is huge compared to the pre-coronavirus times. It went from employers seeking me out to mostly deafening silence despite the fact that I'm actively applying.

At a point, I thought that the rare Zoom interviews I got was just HR employees trying to keep their job relevant while most businesses had frozen all hiring. But a few days ago, I was informed that I had been beaten in the final round by someone fresh out of university (see? Don't lose hope :p), because they thought she had great ideas, which I translated to: "she was cheaper". Tough times :pepe-sad:.

Good luck on your thesis defense! If you made it this far in the process, I'd say you're managing your motivation quite well. Don't lose sight of the fact that your future self will appreciate that fact that you made it to the finish line.
Maybe gender quota?

Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, Nizoral shampoo, hope.

Wire wrote:
2 weeks ago
Maybe gender quota?
Well, the company proudly said in the application form that they value diversity and inclusivity, several times. For the question "How did you come to know about us?", one of the options was: "You heard about our great diversity policy". :|

And the last step of the form flat-out asked for my gender, it was like a whole blank page with only that question. I ticked "I'd rather not say". Maybe they would never have contacted me if I had ticked 'male', who knows?

Wire
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW7
Regimen: Overeat

Post by Wire » 2 weeks ago

Admin wrote:
2 weeks ago
Well, the company proudly said in the application form that they value diversity and inclusivity, several times. For the question "How did you come to know about us?", one of the options was: "You heard about our great diversity policy". :|

And the last step of the form flat-out asked for my gender, it was like a whole blank page with only that question. I ticked "I'd rather not say". Maybe they would never have contacted me if I had ticked 'male', who knows?
Yeah, you didn't really have a chance there Admin, even if the girl was only 75% as good as you, and wanted a higher pay.

Also, just as well you did not go there. Do you really want to work at a company where your promotion prospects are going to be crippled? :(

Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Wire wrote:
2 weeks ago
Yeah, you didn't really have a chance there Admin, even if the girl was only 75% as good as you, and wanted a higher pay.

Also, just as well you did not go there. Do you really want to work at a company where your promotion prospects are going to be crippled? :(
My strategy is to shoot first and aim later. I try not to let my prejudices interfere with my job search. Many times in my life have I ended up in positions that supposedly didn't match with me personally or politically on paper and yet the experience was very positive, and vice-versa.

What matters the most to me is the vibe I get from the manager and the work environnement.

Trying to be too picky would be pointless entitlement in the current job market. Especially when it comes to diversity and inclusivity policies which increasingly become inescapable in Western countries :(.

It would be like a below average guy screening his matches for above average girls on dating apps. Results before filter: 0. Results after filter: 0.

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Admin wrote:
2 weeks ago
My strategy is to shoot first and aim later.
Like the LAPD of the late 80s.

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Dustasteride 0.5 milligrams daily, Finasteride 1mg topical, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 2 weeks ago

Rudiger wrote:
2 weeks ago
How did you delete your double post I thought it wasn't possible? And you actually did the asshole mention incorrectly and then went back to edit it, hahahaha. You're really going out in style, this is just gold. Like, if I set up an rclark parody account, I couldn't make it this retardedly typical of you, as it would be over the top.

I don't think I'm smarter than everybody else, you're mistaking this with how I think I'm smarter than you, but then again so is a monkey banging cymbals together.

One of Fred's last days before his break was after I gave him a "harsh" criticism (as he would see it) and I have done that publicly a few times in how he runs the place, and you insist I just suck his dick every day? How am I even defending Fred in this instance? I'm simply pointing out what a retard you are, it has nothing to do with Fred. Your brain is absolute mush.

I know this place is dying in terms of activity and I don't like that, I'd even welcome activity from people I don't like at this stage. You, however, are undoubtedly detrimental to this place, any new person who comes on here and sees an rclark post would instantly think "hmmm maybe this is a support forum for balding schizophrenics".

Basically you can just fuck right off, I did my best trying to like you at one point and after a few months I was like "why am I trying to like this person? When nearly all of his posts are batshit crazy and illogical?". You're telling me what "everyone" thinks when you can't even sort out your own thoughts. The most pathetic thing is that you pander- if I was remotely nice to you then you'd be desperately nice back, the only reason you don't like me is because I speak the truth in terms of what a fucking imbecile you are. When I did try to like you, you were pathetically nice back, even to this day I come on here to sometimes find you've Liked a post of mine from fucking 8 months ago, and it's not even a particularly good post, what the fuck are you doing?!

Just do yourself and the forum a favour, log off and don't come back.
I want to make sure people read this, before they go to sleep on your long winded stupid posts.

You are the last person who should call anybody stupid. You take high amounts of Dustasteride, a drug
that is used by male to female transgender people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutasteri ... ne_therapy

How stupid can you be?

The half life of Dustasteride is at least four weeks. I don't even take it every day. You originally took
two grams of it.

I would never do anything that stupid.

It is only approved for hair loss in two countries. Maybe you should research a drug before you take it
orally and mess up your body.

You are right about one thing though. Your posts really do suck, for the most part. There boring. You have
the same stupid complaints about people all the time.

It used to be somewhat entertaining, until people realize what a dick you really are.

People just give you likes because basically, they don't know what your mental states are going
to be like, and they are probably afraid of you. Either that or they are too tired to actually read your
entire posts.

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

I just humor Rudi.