Hair, height and muscles are nothing more than cope

Discuss how hair loss has affected you, someone you know, or a public figure.
User avatar
EvilLocks
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 636
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2084
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Nada

Hair, height and muscles are nothing more than cope

#25254

Post by EvilLocks » 2 weeks ago

Exodus wrote: ↑2 weeks ago I look at so much incest porn I keep forgetting it's creepy to say your sibling is attractive πŸ˜‚

Also cheeky cockiness? Not all women have that same generic taste. I mean a basic level of confidence is needed but you don't need to be like that
I sometimes watched stepdad/stepdaugther xD xD so I feel you!

When I say "cheeky cockiness" I don't mean cocky like in a bad, "I'm-better-than-everybody" type of attitude, but rather someone with natural authority but in a non-offensive way, someone who just knows who they are and what they like and will grab it, without being rude or obnoxious. If that makes any sense at all, I'm not too great at explaining

nameless
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1070
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 791
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

Hair, height and muscles are nothing more than cope

#25255

Post by nameless » 2 weeks ago

EvilLocks wrote: ↑2 weeks ago I sometimes watched stepdad/stepdaugther xD xD so I feel you!

When I say "cheeky cockiness" I don't mean cocky like in a bad, "I'm-better-than-everybody" type of attitude, but rather someone with natural authority but in a non-offensive way, someone who just knows who they are and what they like and will grab it, without being rude or obnoxious. If that makes any sense at all, I'm not too great at explaining
Most of the guys here will give you a thumbs-up about your attitude but that's just because the guys here are shunned by most women so they're grateful when any woman puts time into them, as you do. The real truth is that in a real life situation where all the guys have their hair most guys would say that what you think is mere "Cockiness" on your part is over-the-top. If we were all at a club and we all had our hair and we guys were talking about the women in attendance we would all be saying that what you think is mere "cockiness" on your part, is actually arrogance. In other words it wouldn't hurt you to tone down your arrogance a tad because you're too, how should I put it, "COCKY".
Last edited by nameless 2 weeks ago, edited 10 times in total.

User avatar
koolaidshade
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 321
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 510
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: semen retention, real social dynamics, 12 rules for life

Hair, height and muscles are nothing more than cope

#25256

Post by koolaidshade » 2 weeks ago

EvilLocks wrote: ↑2 weeks ago Hi Lurker. My brother is 23 and also a KHHV. My brother is tall, fullhead and handsome but he is still a virgin. I believe he could maybe be a closeted gay, but more likely it's because of poor social skills and low self esteem. I try to tell him that I see ugly or average men get girls all the time, but he still believes something must be wrong with his looks, even though he looks better than 70% of men that I see (saying this in a non-creepy, sibling way)
I believe that social skills is the culprit for most no-choice virgins. Either that or too high standards.
It's clichΓ© to say that "just be confident, bro!" but I believe there is some truth to it. Sadly, fake "confidence" shows and if you are not naturally confident or socially skilled, people will see through it and it makes everything worse. So it's a vicious cycle really.
Good social skills is one of the best assets a man can have. Sure, looks matter, but from a woman's perspective model looks are secondary to natural confidence and a bit of cheeky cockiness.
Why does your brother think he's ugly? Has he been told by people that he is?

Maybe you could have him see a therapist. Or you could also have some of your female friends hit on him or something

User avatar
EvilLocks
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 636
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2084
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Nada

Hair, height and muscles are nothing more than cope

#25262

Post by EvilLocks » 2 weeks ago

koolaidshade wrote: ↑2 weeks ago Why does your brother think he's ugly? Has he been told by people that he is?

Maybe you could have him see a therapist. Or you could also have some of your female friends hit on him or something
I think he has BDD. He has some mild acne scars for instance that nobody would even notice but to him they stand out. I don't think he thinks he's ugly per se, but he has low self esteem in general so minor flaws become big. But his biggest problem is being shy and having poor social skills. I don't think he'd ever go up to a woman and ask her out or flirt with her.
He has seen a therapist before but he chose not to continue. My parents try to talk with him all the time and try to get him to go see a therapist again. I try to stay out of it, and rather just spend time with him that is positive and being as good of a sister as I can. I feel like that is all I can do, I have tried talking with him about this before but he won't hear it..

User avatar
rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1486
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 2187
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1mg topical, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Hair, height and muscles are nothing more than cope

#25263

Post by rclark » 2 weeks ago

EvilLocks wrote: ↑2 weeks ago I think he has BDD. He has some mild acne scars for instance that nobody would even notice but to him they stand out. I don't think he thinks he's ugly per se, but he has low self esteem in general so minor flaws become big. But his biggest problem is being shy and having poor social skills. I don't think he'd ever go up to a woman and ask her out or flirt with her.
He has seen a therapist before but he chose not to continue. My parents try to talk with him all the time and try to get him to go see a therapist again. I try to stay out of it, and rather just spend time with him that is positive and being as good of a sister as I can. I feel like that is all I can do, I have tried talking with him about this before but he won't hear it..
Having a child that's LGBT, sometimes that's the best we can do. It really hurts me that they won't open up to me. Then again, they live with me and see me every day, maybe it's just too strange and "in their face".

It concerns me more that they might not find the the person who makes them happy, because of stupid reasons that really nobody even cares about.

User avatar
blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2322
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 4257

Hair, height and muscles are nothing more than cope

#25264

Post by blackg » 2 weeks ago

nameless wrote: ↑2 weeks ago Most of the guys here will give you a thumbs-up about your attitude but that's just because the guys here are shunned by most women so they're grateful when any woman puts time into them, as you do. The real truth is that in a real life situation where all the guys have their hair most guys would say that what you think is mere "Cockiness" on your part is over-the-top. If we were all at a club and we all had our hair and we guys were talking about the women in attendance we would all be saying that what you think is mere "cockiness" on your part, is actually arrogance. In other words it wouldn't hurt you to tone down your arrogance a tad because you're too, how should I put it, "COCKY".
No, evillox is spot on here, at least in my experience. My ex-girlfriend has basically said what Evil just said on a few occasions.
Women like non-cocky self confidence, and a quiet sense of one's self and desires. I can't tell you how many times I've heard this sentiment expressed by the fairer sex.

Nameless, the more you post on this subject, the more you let me down.
Straight outta Del Boca Vista!

User avatar
EvilLocks
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 636
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2084
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Nada

Hair, height and muscles are nothing more than cope

#25269

Post by EvilLocks » 2 weeks ago

blackg wrote: ↑2 weeks ago No, evillox is spot on here, at least in my experience. My ex-girlfriend has basically said what Evil just said on a few occasions.
Women like non-cocky self confidence, and a quiet sense of one's self and desires. I can't tell you how many times I've heard this sentiment expressed by the fairer sex.

Nameless, the more you post on this subject, the more you let me down.
Thanks, G.
I don't see how me saying that women like men with natural authority and confidence is cocky. It's just a preference for me at least, and I believe with most other women. It's the harsh reality but women prefer so called "alpha males", that doesn't necessarily mean a perfect looking Chad but someone masculine and someone who will take the lead without being a psycho of course. Women want that package of someone who is not afraid to take the lead but at the same time be caring and loyal.
Nameless is just using anything he can against me at this point because I crossed him.

Added in 5 minutes 35 seconds:
rclark wrote: ↑2 weeks ago Having a child that's LGBT, sometimes that's the best we can do. It really hurts me that they won't open up to me. Then again, they live with me and see me every day, maybe it's just too strange and "in their face".

It concerns me more that they might not find the the person who makes them happy, because of stupid reasons that really nobody even cares about.
As parents of course we have to intervene sometimes and give that tough love. But from my own experience with mental illness in my own case or with my brother, the most important thing is to be a person they can talk to and hang out with. In my brothers case both me and our parents have tried pushing him for years, to be more social or to get a job, but in his case this only lead to tension in the family and arguments. So now I just try to make our time together positive and do stuff together that is enjoyable, instead of arguing. If things get really bad my parents must intervene but I'm staying out of it and I think that's best.
I want to try and be a friend for my own daughter as she grows up, but of course we have the responsibility as parents to intervene if we must.

nameless
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1070
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 791
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

Hair, height and muscles are nothing more than cope

#25270

Post by nameless » 2 weeks ago

EvilLocks wrote: ↑2 weeks ago Nameless is just using anything he can against me at this point because I crossed him.
No, I'm not. It appears I misunderstood your earlier post and then you in turn misunderstood my misunderstanding of your earlier post. I thought you were saying that women should be "cocky" as a way to rationalize your own ultra-assertiveness. I didn't realize your point was that you think women like men who are confident.

Now that I know that what you meant is that women like men who are confident I still kind of disagree with you, sort of, maybe. In fact, when I had my hair sometimes I felt very assured but sometimes I felt unsure of myself. In both cases I was always popular when I had my hair.

Added in 22 minutes 2 seconds:
blackg wrote: ↑2 weeks ago No, evillox is spot on here, at least in my experience. My ex-girlfriend has basically said what Evil just said on a few occasions.
Women like non-cocky self confidence, and a quiet sense of one's self and desires. I can't tell you how many times I've heard this sentiment expressed by the fairer sex.
First of all, I misunderstood EL's prior post. I thought she was trying to rationalize that her own ultra-assertiveness is a good thing. I didn't realize that she was referring to what she thinks women like in men's personalities.

Secondly, now that I know she was referring to her thoughts on what women like in men I still think I disagree with her somewhat. I've known good-looking guys who were uncertain and unsure and yet they were popular. For example, I knew a good-looking guy who had a heart-attack in his early 20s and he always had an unsure aura about him, but he was very popular. Women were always trying to save him and he had a lot of female fans.

Sure, if a guy has no confidence at all that will make him less attractive to virtually all women but how good a man looks can affect how much low confidence she will and won't forgive.
Last edited by nameless 2 weeks ago, edited 6 times in total.

User avatar
EvilLocks
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 636
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2084
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Nada

Hair, height and muscles are nothing more than cope

#25271

Post by EvilLocks » 2 weeks ago

nameless wrote: ↑2 weeks ago No, I'm not. It appears I misunderstood your earlier post and then you in turn misunderstood my misunderstanding of your earlier post. I thought you were saying that women should be "cocky" as a way to rationalize your own ultra-assertiveness. I didn't realize your point was that you think women like men who are confident.

Now that I know that what you meant is that women like men who are confident I still kind of disagree with you, sort of, maybe. In fact, when I had my hair sometimes I felt very assured but sometimes I felt unsure of myself. In both cases I was always popular when I had my hair.

Added in 22 minutes 2 seconds:


First of all, I misunderstood EL's prior post. I thought she was trying to rationalize that her own forceful attitude is a good thing. I didn't realize that she was referring to what she thinks women like in men's personalities.

Secondly, now that I know she was referring to her thoughts on what women like in men I still think I disagree with her somewhat.
Okay, then we misunderstood each other. I don't hold grudges though, I might fight somebody (online of course, I never fight with people in real life) but I get over it pretty quick. As for our previous argument I'm over it, I'm willing to start again if you want to. If I came across harsh in our previous argument and used bad words I'm sorry, I still stand by what I said but I could have said it in a nicer way and not called you out like that.

nameless
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1070
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 791
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

Hair, height and muscles are nothing more than cope

#25272

Post by nameless » 2 weeks ago

EvilLocks wrote: ↑2 weeks ago Okay, then we misunderstood each other. I don't hold grudges though, I might fight somebody (online of course, I never fight with people in real life) but I get over it pretty quick. As for our previous argument I'm over it, I'm willing to start again if you want to. If I came across harsh in our previous argument and used bad words I'm sorry, I still stand by what I said but I could have said it in a nicer way and not called you out like that.
I'll think about it.

I'm just kidding about the "I'll think about it" part of the deal. Of course I'll start over with you, but you better watch your step.

OK I'm just kidding about the "You better watch your step" part of the deal.

OK, let me be totally straight here - I want to start over with you if you want to.

User avatar
EvilLocks
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 636
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2084
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Nada

Hair, height and muscles are nothing more than cope

#25310

Post by EvilLocks » 1 week ago

nameless wrote: ↑2 weeks ago I'll think about it.

I'm just kidding about the "I'll think about it" part of the deal. Of course I'll start over with you, but you better watch your step.

OK I'm just kidding about the "You better watch your step" part of the deal.

OK, let me be totally straight here - I want to start over with you if you want to.
Then consider us started over :)

nameless
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1070
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 791
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

Hair, height and muscles are nothing more than cope

#25315

Post by nameless » 1 week ago

EvilLocks wrote: ↑1 week ago Then consider us started over :)
I feel fresh and sparkly all over like I just had a spring-cleaning done on me.

And I'm not being flippant about our new start. I'm being happy about our new start. And to add to my joy I'm eating an egg roll from my favorite Chinese restaurant and I'm dipping it in their fabulous sweet-and-sour sauce. I'm in inner-peace land.
Last edited by nameless 1 week ago, edited 5 times in total.

User avatar
Wire
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 521
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1014
Norwood: NW7
Regimen: Overeat

Hair, height and muscles are nothing more than cope

#25316

Post by Wire » 1 week ago

EvilLocks wrote: ↑2 weeks ago I think he has BDD. He has some mild acne scars for instance that nobody would even notice but to him they stand out. I don't think he thinks he's ugly per se, but he has low self esteem in general so minor flaws become big. But his biggest problem is being shy and having poor social skills. I don't think he'd ever go up to a woman and ask her out or flirt with her.
He has seen a therapist before but he chose not to continue. My parents try to talk with him all the time and try to get him to go see a therapist again. I try to stay out of it, and rather just spend time with him that is positive and being as good of a sister as I can. I feel like that is all I can do, I have tried talking with him about this before but he won't hear it..
Have him join this forum pepe-endearing
We'll set him right

User avatar
Exodus
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 597
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 905
Norwood: NW6
Regimen: nothing

Hair, height and muscles are nothing more than cope

#25318

Post by Exodus » 1 week ago

men have to be confident, intiate, and take the lead . . . women on the other hand can do whatever the fuck they want lmao. :lol:

i swear all i want is for women to intiate as much as men do, and not have such high standards. imagine if the dating market was actually fair in the sense of 50% intiation by both sexes, and both have same standards. would there even be any incels left?

i'm completely unable to approach women again, even online, even while drunk AND online, i've come to the conclusion i'll never be able to . i did actually do so a few times in real life when i was 18 and concealer dependent, but after 2 or 3 conversations i started panicking because i got scared she would notice the concealer and that eventually i would have to escalate. it was just friendly conversation.

as for online i've talked to a few girls, but same issues, i had extreme anxiety about escalation, and also i was 24/7 worried about their responses to the point where i couldn't even enjoy life. literally every second was spent either worrying about making a good response to their message OR worried about their response to my message. last time i tried talking online was like 2017 and i've given up since then.

even just being friends with girls makes me overwhelmingly nervous, because thats what would be the reasonable way forward for a normie, but you just can't be friends with the opposite sex. theres always that idea in the back of their heads that they could possibly be in a sexual and romantic relationship. its like putting two magnets near each other and keeping them from attracting.

User avatar
blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2322
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 4257

Hair, height and muscles are nothing more than cope

#25319

Post by blackg » 1 week ago

Exodus wrote: ↑1 week ago .. .. its like putting two magnets near each other and keeping them from attracting.
This is an analog that I can appreciate.
Straight outta Del Boca Vista!

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post