Some YouTuber's SMP

Discuss how hair loss has affected you, someone you know, or a public figure.
supremegentleman
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Finasteride 1mg daily
Minoxidil 5% 2ml daily
1.5mm dermarolling daily
Nizoral 2% shampoo x3 a week

Some YouTuber's SMP

Post by supremegentleman » 1 year ago

This is just a video that popped as a recommendation for me. This guy had an SMP done. For me it looks really fake and not good.

MadScientist
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Regimen: Finasteride eod, Dutasteride eod, Minoxidil 5%, Dermarolling 1.5mm every 2 weeks. Vitamin K2, EGCG. Cod liver oil.

Re: Some YouTuber's SMP

Post by MadScientist » 1 year ago

If he didn't go to that beautician he would have been ok.His smp looked genuinely good before that. A good place to stop. Reckless and stupid though.

Murkey Thumb
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW4

Post by Murkey Thumb » 1 year ago

Still looks fake! I have never seen a good one in the real world but I have seen a lot of bad ones!

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by blackg » 1 year ago

It looks okay to me. We all expect too much on here.
Don't kneel because you feel

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW3.5

Post by JasonStatham » 1 year ago

He already "lasered" it off. Because he went to the wrong SMP guy/girl and it looks fucked up. You can see on his more recent videos how he went to remove the SMP with a laser. Very painful. SMP, in my opinion, is most of the time shit. But if you find the best of the best, they could maybe do a decent Job on non-white people.

PS: Jesus this SMP looks like shit lol.

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Murkey Thumb wrote:
1 year ago
Still looks fake! I have never seen a good one in the real world but I have seen a lot of bad ones!
That's because a tattoo cant be 3D" looking like buzzed hair. Its nearly impossible to look good.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Head & Shoulders caffeine shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling

Post by Admin » 1 year ago

JasonStatham wrote:
1 year ago
That's because a tattoo cant be 3D" looking like buzzed hair. Its nearly impossible to look good.
This is why you always need at least some hair to make it work. Deplete your donor area via FUE before you even think about improving your density (either buzzed or grown out) with temporary SMP. It's supposed to work as an illusion, and as you say, no you're goign to create that 3D effect via a tattoo alone.

Just like using beard grafts, it's a complementary option, not the first solution you go for when you're losing hair. Some people will say "well I don't want the scarring, it won't give me enough hair or it's too expensive" about having a hair transplant, well at least if it's well done by a top surgeon, you won't like Buzz Lightyear and have to go throuh excruciating pain to have it removed, not to mention the cost of the whole enterprise.

The only type of SMP I'd recommend is the temporary tricopigmentation kind that was invented by Milena Lardi. Plenty of reputed clinic (like Bisanga's BHR clinic or the prohairclinic in Belgium) have staff that have been trained by Milena Lardi. Any alternative never convinced me. They can even do a great job on a bald head, but again, it won't work in all lightning conditions. Get real hair first and save SMP as a last resort.

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Admin wrote:
1 year ago
This is why you always need at least some hair to make it work. Deplete your donor area via FUE before you even think about improving your density (either buzzed or grown out) with temporary SMP. It's supposed to work as an illusion, and as you say, no you're goign to create that 3D effect via a tattoo alone.

Just like using beard grafts, it's a complementary option, not the first solution you go for when you're losing hair. Some people will say "well I don't want the scarring, it won't give me enough hair or it's too expensive" about having a hair transplant, well at least if it's well done by a top surgeon, you won't like Buzz Lightyear and have to go throuh excruciating pain to have it removed, not to mention the cost of the whole enterprise.

The only type of SMP I'd recommend is the temporary tricopigmentation kind that was invented by Milena Lardi. Plenty of reputed clinic (like Bisanga's BHR clinic or the prohairclinic in Belgium) have staff that have been trained by Milena Lardi. Any alternative never convinced me. They can even do a great job on a bald head, but again, it won't work in all lightning conditions. Get real hair first and save SMP as a last resort.
Yeah, I will maybe do an SMP in the future. Depends how long Finasteride and transplants can keep it up. But I guess in 20 years, the technology for SMP is way better or blackg found a solution against hair loss from some very rare plants in Australia.

MadScientist
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Regimen: Finasteride eod, Dutasteride eod, Minoxidil 5%, Dermarolling 1.5mm every 2 weeks. Vitamin K2, EGCG. Cod liver oil.

Post by MadScientist » 1 year ago

Yeah smp is my fallback option too, when treatments stop working and if Shiseido/Tsuji don’t come true, I’m going the low density, it total coverage FUE + smp for density + buzzed head route.